Gifts of the Gods

Oops, I was trying to build anti-stall and it turned into stall. Disclaimer: I haven't built a good team since ever.

The Brewer (Shuckle) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Toxic

The Outcast (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Serious Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Toxic

The Astronaut (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Moonblast

The Thief (Klefki) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

The Bird (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt

The Prospector (Sableye) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover

While this metagame hasn't even been coded yet and it has just been a day. Maybe this is my lack of creativity, but I can't think of any other teams that would be successful other than stall teams. I've been looking at some physical/tank Pokemon who have a good special movepool but it's nothing we don't see in the OU metagame Also thanks to team preview we can look up there strategy

Example: Machamp in slot 4 with mewtwo as the God. As the opponent I know he is probably a mixed wall breaker with focus blast.

Pokemon with high attack and high special attack is nothing new we haven't seen before (Deoxys-a being the exception.) Thanks to Megas and Gen V stat buffs. With Pokemon gaining huge defense boosts from giratina/Lugia/arceus this makes it easier to wall then. At least from Metagames of the month we are not used to seeing a sabeleye with 150 base HP. Scizor with a huge Spdef buff while keeping its other stats. Im going to just assume blissey will be banned, otherwise no reason to NOT run stall.

While this metagame hasn't even been coded yet and it has just been a day. Maybe this is my lack of creativity, but I can't think of any other teams that would be successful other than stall teams. I've been looking at some physical/tank Pokemon who have a good special movepool but it's nothing we don't see in the OU metagame Also thanks to team preview we can look up there strategy

Example: Machamp in slot 4 with mewtwo as the God. As the opponent I know he is probably a mixed wall breaker with focus blast.

Pokemon with high attack and high special attack is nothing new we haven't seen before (Deoxys-a being the exception.) Thanks to Megas and Gen V stat buffs. With Pokemon gaining huge defense boosts from giratina/Lugia/arceus this makes it easier to wall then. At least from Metagames of the month we are not used to seeing a sabeleye with 150 base HP. Scizor with a huge Spdef buff while keeping its other stats. Im going to just assume blissey will be banned, otherwise no reason to NOT run stall.
I appreciate your thinking about the strategic progression of the meta, but I think you're reasoning is a bit short sighted. Just going off of the sample team posted above:

252+ SpA Life Orb 150 Spa Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Rain: 329-387 (46 - 54.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

I mean, geez, THE special wall of the game is pressured by a neutral Ludicolo. Don't forget that literally anything with a boosting move and decent speed is now a huge threat to stall.

If I had to predict, I think this meta will lean more towards bulky offense where tanky stuff like Ttar or frail speedsters like mega sceptile will appreciate the boost to speed and survivability.

What is stall going to want to do against subseed mega abomosnow with 120 speed? I believe there will be lots of threats, just need to look a little deeper.

Maybe Blissey will be broken. Then we'll ban it. Idk right now

Edit: just as an aside, I think it is absolutely necessary that the opponent knows the stat distribution, otherwise trying to guess which Pokemon gets 170 Spa on a Kyurem team would be a freaking nightmare.

I appreciate your thinking about the strategic progression of the meta, but I think you're reasoning is a bit short sighted. Just going off of the sample team posted above:

252+ SpA Life Orb 150 Spa Ludicolo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Rain: 329-387 (46 - 54.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery.

I mean, geez, THE special wall of the game is pressured by a neutral Ludicolo. Don't forget that literally anything with a boosting move and decent speed is now a huge threat to stall.

If I had to predict, I think this meta will lean more towards bulky offense where tanky stuff like Ttar or frail speedsters like mega sceptile will appreciate the boost to speed and survivability.

What is stall going to want to do against subseed mega abomosnow with 120 speed? I believe there will be lots of threats, just need to look a little deeper.

Edit: just as an aside, I think it is absolutely necessary that the opponent knows the stat distribution, otherwise trying to guess which Pokemon gets 170 Spa on a Kyurem team would be a freaking nightmare.
Unless I'm mistaken, team order decides what stat the Uber passes. Therefore, the fourth Pokemon at Team Preview on a Kyurem-W team also gets 170 SpA.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad

That calc shows an EV spread which is suboptimal, you're better off with 4/252/252 since your HP stat is massive.

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Hydro Pump (150 SpA) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Rain: 274-324 (42 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Focus Blast does less because of the rain boosts)

Also, IF blissey is broken, then chansey is probably going to be too, even without the Eviolite. Obviously this hinges on whether Blissey is broken and I would wait a while before even looking at suspects (it's not broken enough to quickban imo).

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
not going to lie, just looking at this meta makes me wonder if something so small is actually going to affect the battle. i mean the ubers are still ridiculously powerful compared to the rest of the team, though theres some cute things i can see being ran. all in all i actually really like this idea. even if its ubers vs the world, theres still small tidbits of pokemon who really appriciate the boosts, and REALLY shakes up teambuilding for this meta...ditto on certain teams like arceus, giratina, and probably even blissey seems like a real issue, banworthy? idk. maybe. but we need more results.

speaking of...im guessing medichamite is banned in this meta? considering it bypasses the "huge power ban" tbh, i think every meta should just intristicly ban mega stones when a ability it possesses gets banned, otherwise this question seriously needs to be asked all the time.

Some good Uber stat donors based on stat distribution:
Arceus is a jack of all trades donor, due to having base 120 in every stat, and while it isn't much compared to other stat donations, is still pretty practical
Xerneas/Yveltal (they're listed in the same spot due to having the exact same BST) give pretty solid offensive stats and decent defensive stats
Zekrom gives high base Attack, which is really good for certain offensive Pokemon in OU, like Bisharp (though it could probably be better for it to get Speed donated from a faster Pokemon, due to it already having pretty high base Attack)
Reshiram gives high Special Attack, and is probably going to end up breaking Manaphy, because it can increase its now-massive Special Attack by a lot with Tail Glow
Giratina gives pretty large boosts to defenses, though they're the same as Arceus's
White Kyurem has pretty similar stats to Reshiram, except giving an even larger Special Attack stat, and I could totally foresee it being banned due to how destructive its Special Attack stat is, and being able to give it to anything in the fourth slot.
Lugia gives massive defense boosts, and actually outclasses Giratina in every stat but HP
Aegislash also gives some serious bulk, with the ability to also serve as a way of providing damage presence on stall teams

Some good receivers include:
Shuckle(Giratina, first slot) is basically unkillable, with insanely high Defense and Special Defense, as well as high base Defense. It's basically Nature Swap Chansey, except even worse. You can't even exploit Foul Play to kill it, due to only having 10 base Attack.
Manaphy (Kyurem-White, fourth slot) is a powerhouse, with 170 base Special Attack and Tail Glow, which makes it outclass everything in terms of sheer damage output
+3 252 SpA Manaphy (Special Attack from Kyurem-White) Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Shuckle (HP from Giratina): 380-450 (75.3 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
A 2HKO is impressive, considering how absurdly bulky Giratina Shuckle is
Exploud (Kyurem-White, fourth slot) for similar reasons to Manaphy, but with Tail Glow being replaced with STAB Scrappy Boomburst. The thought of it is pretty scary, though it may be outclassed due to lower Speed and low bulk, and Scrappy Boomburst is basically the only reason it has a niche in OU.

Last edited:
Aegislash also gives some serious bulk, with the ability to also serve as a way of providing damage presence on stall teams
I would say that Deoxys-D is a better donor in most ways than Aegislash, having higher stats across the board except a 10 BST difference in HP. The only reason to pick Aegislash over Deo-D would be to use Aegislash itself, which is definitely useful. This one would be a tossup between whether someone wants to use the higher stats and get Deoxys-D or lower stats with Aegislash. Both seem usable imo, and it's totally personal preference for this one.

Exploud (Kyurem-White, fourth slot) for similar reasons to Manaphy, but with Tail Glow being replaced with STAB Scrappy Boomburst. The thought of it is pretty scary, though it may be outclassed due to lower Speed.
I would definitely use Swellow over Exploud in this situation. Swellow is significantly faster and retains STAB Scrappy Boomburst. The only things it loses to Exploud is a worse special movepool and less bulk, but its Speed stat more than makes up for it.

Another notable leader I see is Rayquaza, primarily due to its huge attacking stats, good HP stat, and decent other stats. Plus, Rayquaza is an offensive presence itself and, if the Primals become popular, is a soft check to both thanks to Air Lock. It might give Xerneas and Yveltal competition due to its higher attacking stats, though it has lower defensive stats and speed.

Actually, when you think about it, ANY leader (EVEN DEO A) will benefit from Blissey in 3rd slot. Blissey has 10 Defense and it will appreciate any defense boost, even frail gods like Deo A give Blissey a defensive boost (Deo A has 20 Def). So it will be no question that Blissey will be nearly on every team, since it benefits from any leader.

Hmm, interesting format. Can imagine how broken Blissey would be in the 3rd slot...
It'll be playable SOON™ if I succeed in coding it!
Would be the first om that I'll code :p

Edit: Just need to fix a problem with EVs/IVs now

Last edited:
If there is a way to make non-Ubers into Gods then Shuckle with Blissey's HP.

If there's no way to do that, then i wonder who would be better at tanking: Shuckle with Giratina's HP or Blissey with Groudon's Defense?

Note: Aegiglash can give Blissey higher Defense than Groudon, but every other team stat apart from SpDef would end up shit lol

Note 2: Lugia has lower Defense than Groudon, but that 154 SpDef would fit pretty well on a physical wall like Skarmory.

On a more offensive-oriented note Deoxys-Attack on any Huge/Pure Power turns into a killing machine, but 2 pokemons would end up with poor HP/Defense/Special Defense, that would make the team VERY frail.

Gifts of the Gods is now playable on dragonheaven!
Thanks to XpRienzo who helped me, and let me host it :) and also AWailOfATail for the Palette Pals code and fixes

While playing the first few matches, I realized that indeed Blisseys is broken. It just doesn't wanna die.
Here is the team I used:
Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Toxic
- Taunt

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Protect
- Counter
- Toxic

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare
- Taunt

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave

Sableye was my choice of mega, because with 120 Base HP, it is quite difficult to kill.
Talonflame now it gets a huge buff because of the attack boost.
Blissey, no need to say much :3
Serperior, another mon which lacked (Special) Attack, is now a Significant sweeper in the meta.
Arceus was my choice of God because of its Stats (120 in each stat, yes please) and it's sweeping capability.
And last but not the least, Volcanion, and good Mon who lacked speed.

Hoping that Blissey gets suspected soon!
EDIT: It's also playable on ROM!
(DragonHeaven is OPEN SOURCE, so if you want the code for this meta, check out its Github Repo!)

Last edited:
After some testing and bug fixing, Gifts of the Gods is now playable on ROM! Battles crash no more! Thx urkerab !
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-giftsofthegods-20207
Thanks for fixing that :P

Important Stat Receivers
Was gonna make this post later with explanation, but anyways

Shuckle, (M) Sableye, Dusknoir, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Regirock, Registeel, Skarmory, (M) Venusaur, Hippowdown, Porygon-2
Florges, (M) Latias, Regice, Cofagrigus, Sigilyph

Talonflame, Aerodactyl, Ambipom, Floatzel, Purugly, Pikachu, Raichu, Cinccino, Crobat, Dugtrio, Electrode, Hawlucha, Ninjask, Persian, Scolipede, Swellow, Tauros, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Zoroark

Another Great position to place your god in.
Blissey, Snorlax, Jellicent, Sylveon, Furfrou, Slowking

Serperior, Crobat, Nidos, Electrode, Noivern, Exploud, Pikachu, Raichu, Steelix, Breloom

Due to a very limited pokemon wanting this stat, This position is optimum to place your god in.
Receivers:
Avalugg, Hippowdon, Quagsire, Tangrowth, Slowbro

Receivers:
Volcanion, Mega Obama, Aggron, MegaCloud, (M)Ampharos, Avalugg, (M) Banette, Bisharp, Mega Blastoise, Braviary, Breloom, (M) Camerupt, Chandelure, Clawitzer, Conkeldurr, Crawdaunt, Darmanitan, Doublade, Dragonite, Druddigon, Eelektross, Electivire, Emboar, Escavalier, Excadrill, Exeggutor, Feraligatr, Flareon, Florges, Gallade, Garchomp-Mega, Gardevoir, Gigalith, Glaceon, Golem, Golurk, Goodra, Granbull, (M)Gyarados, Hariyama, Haxorus, Heatmor, Heatran, Heracross, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Honchkrow, Hoopa, Houndoom, Hydreigon, Jynx, Kabutops, Kingler, Krookodile, Kyurem(-B), Landorus-Therian, Leafeon, Leavanny, Lilligant, Lucario, Luxray, Machamp, Magmortar, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Meloetta, Mesprit, Metagross, Moltres, Muk, Nidoking, Octillery, Omastar, Pangoro, Pinsir, Porygon-Z, Porygon2, Primeape, Rampardos, Reuniclus, Rhyperior, Roserade, Rotom-All, Samurott, Sawk, (M)Scizor, Sharpedo, Slowbro-Mega, Snorlax, Steelix-Mega, Stoutland, Sunflora, Swampert, Sylveon, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Torterra, Toxicroak, Tyranitar, Tyrantrum, Ursaring, Venusaur-Mega, Victreebel, Yanmega, Zangoose
Gods:
Giratina

(I might forget some things)

Last edited:
can we ban blissey and chansey? they are not breakable even after setup. just look at this ffs
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-giftsofthegods-20411

edit: found a bug in the code its taking diancie as my leader apperantly
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-giftsofthegods-20416
1. The only setup you used on blissey was Tail Glow Manaphy. The Blissey in that game had no change to its Special Defense. If anything, that's just a testament to Blissey's natural bulk, not a reason to ban it.

2. I'm guessing Rayquaza's stats weren't being used because it knew Dragon Ascent, which might be qualifying it as AG, which could make the code ignore it when checking for Ubers.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
can we ban blissey and chansey? they are not breakable even after setup. just look at this ffs
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-giftsofthegods-20411

edit: found a bug in the code its taking diancie as my leader apperantly
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-giftsofthegods-20416
While that replay does an excellent job of showcasing frankly disgusting bulk, your team wasn't THAT well prepared to beat Blissey, and you also seemed to take the stats of non-mega Diancie (252 Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird (100 Atk) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey (130 Def): 147-174 (22.5 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery). Stallbreaker berd would probably have done a better job.

e: ninja'd

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-giftsofthegods-21157
Decided to make this team don't know if it's good I know it was just a bot but still that jellicent though. I ALSO know I didn't get any, but Jellicent with waterfall can help against lower speed targets to flinch. (I can't hax anymore, I lost my license) Also I know I made some mistakes, but those ended up not mattering. Btw, Blissey v Blissey and Jellicent has a hard time stalling out. Don't ban blissey!

Last edited:
I think both Blissey and Chansey needs to be banned not only because it's hard to break, but it screws up teambuilding. There's literally NO reason not to run Blissey/Chansey in 3rd slot in ANY god as your leader, because there is no follower that comes close into Blissey/Chansey in 3rd slot. Sure, Blissey IS beatable, but it's not funny when you see it on every team. It's similar to Nature Swap Chansey.

I'm glad you mention that Chopin Alkaninoff , because as it turns out, starting today and over the next week, Blissey and Chansey will be suspected. Contrary to a normal suspect, the default outcome of this test will be a ban. Anyone who believes that they should remain in the meta should argue otherwise. This suspect will end next weekend, sometime between the 26 and 28 of August.

The main reasons for their removal being:
  1. There is no better option for the 3rd slot. (Perhaps, you can make a case this is not true)
  2. They wall anything that is not a purpose built stallbreaker, to the point of nearly mitigating the risk of switching. (This is secondary to point 1.)
This meta is still very young, so I don't want to be too hasty about banning things, but these two hugely limit team building, to the point where not using one puts you at a disadvantage.

To remind everyone, this metagame is playable at rom.psim.us

My Blissey thing is Jellicent. It's also the main reason I think Blissey shouldn't be banned. Jellicent may not be as much as wall as Blissey, but Jellicent puts and end to it, as well as Blissey (Heal Bell) making Blissey rendered useless against Jellicent, as well as it CAN take down talonflame. And the amount of things that can beat it, to me, should be it not be banned.

My Blissey thing is Jellicent. It's also the main reason I think Blissey shouldn't be banned. Jellicent may not be as much as wall as Blissey, but Jellicent puts and end to it, as well as Blissey (Heal Bell) making Blissey rendered useless against Jellicent, as well as it CAN take down talonflame. And the amount of things that can beat it, to me, should be it not be banned.
Stall breakers do work against blissey but jellicent is not a reason. You can add any Pokemon with taunt+recover and they force blissey to switch out. But as Chopin said there is no reason to NOT run blissey in the 3rd slot. Also towards jellicent shutting it down... good luck not switching into toxic and we'll see how long that jellicent lasts.

And towards your jellicent beating talonflame

252 (120 atk)Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs.(150 HP) 248 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 250-295 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 (120 atk) Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP /(130 Def) 252+ Def Jellicent: 166-196 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This is assuming your jellicent is at perfect HP will it be able to possibly stop talonflame if its in the 3rd slot with lugia as the God. And this is also assuming talonflame inherits someone with 120 atk. Be damn if its 150 or deoxys a. Either way blissey is better for that 3rd slot due to higher hp, natural cure and special bulk. Making it easily ban worthy

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I'd disagree that they're always the best option for slot 3, I don't want to run a blob on HO for example because it's a massive momentum suck which has v little offensive presence. That said, they DO get Healing Wish iirc...
(this doesn't necessarily mean I'm anti-ban, just that this should be noted)

also Blissey takes like 40 from Specs 180 Boomburst so it's still possible to pressure it (and ghosts/steels can't switch into Exploud/Swellow so it's just certain Rocks)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)