ORAS OU [ORAS OU] Sand & Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Smogon! First, sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil and I don't have a very high level of English. I come to evaluate my team. It is based on weather control, using M-Charizard Y and Tyranitar.

Sand & Sun

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
*Magic Guard makes Clefable not take Sand damage. Fire Blast to take Scizor and Ferrothorn, in the sun, gets even stronger.

Tyranitar (F) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
*Excadrill works well as Spinner (for M-Charizard Y) and Swepper, giving outspeed in most of the Pokémons of Tier in sandstorm.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost
*Latios have mixed damage and works well as Deffoger.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
*Keldeo have mixed damage and counter Bisharp, Weaville, Tyranitar, Scizor and others.

Type Resistances

thanks ;)

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
i like your team! there are a few things i think could be changed to improve it though

celebi > clefable
mega diancie and bd azumarill are pretty major threats to this team, so i think clef needs to be changed for something that handles them a bit better. celebi is a bit rare in ou but it fits very nicely here instead of clefable to check mega diancie, mega lopunny, azumarill, terrakion, and excadrill while maintaining momentum with baton pass or providing speed control with thunder wave and setting stealth rock to allow your tyranitar to run whatever set it wants, no longer mandating a passive support set.

choice band tyranitar > support tyranitar
choice band tyranitar is a classic on mega charizard y teams for a good reason, and it fits here nicely. choice band tyranitar checks and pursuit traps all the regular stuff your support tyranitar would but is also more threatening to mega latias, is capable of pursuit trapping chansey effectively, and is a way of preventing mega slowbro from totally steamrolling you. since you already have a rocks setter with celebi, i would say this is a better option all around.

life orb excadrill > air balloon excadrill
this change is pretty insignificant but it makes you hit harder and im about to recommend something to improve your sand matchup so you dont need balloon exca anyways

rotom-wash > latios
rotom-w and latios are very different mons admittedly, but after adding celebi i dont think your team really needs latios as celebi is handling most of the same threats latios did for the team and you dont need defog support since youre running spin exca. rotom-w provides a solid answer to landorus-t, gyarados, sand rush excadrill, and tornadus-t while also luring in things that bother both keldeo and zardy like latios and chansey for ttar to pursuit trap as rotom volts out.

choice specs keldeo > sub calm mind keldeo
finally, the last change i would make is to change keldeo's set from sub calm mind to choice specs. specs is great for posing much more of an immediate threat to teams after any opposing latios has been removed by tyranitar, and also helps you to take down mega charizard y much more effectively, something tricky to do with this team. sub calm mind isnt really needed here regardless as the matchup against more defensive teams is already great thanks to the combo of mega charizard y + choice band tyranitar.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 84 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass / Thunder Wave

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm going to have to lock this for the time being. According to the RMT Resource thread, you need three lines of description per pokemon. If you PM me updated descriptions for this RMT, I'll be happy to unlock this thread at that time. Check the RMT Showcase for examples of well made RMTs.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)