Other Metagames The Legend of Zelda Themed Team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda and Pokemon are they games i grew up on that holds the most sentimental value to me!! I know the same goes for most of you :) So here i have my Zelda Themed Pokemon Team that can really hold its own competitively...

Team Slot 1
Link (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt
Link our Hyrule Hero and main Protagonist for this team!! Some will say Gallade can also be used as link but i personally think Celebi is more like Link... Now there are many ways of running Celebi, but this here is my favorite set of them all!! A physical Attacking Set with Swords Dance + 3 attacks... This set really catches the oponent off guard and Stab Seed Bomb and Zen Headbutt hits really hard on those BULKY pokemon and outright OHKO less bulky pokemon.. Sucker Punch deals with the Ghost weakness and realy hurts those scarf Chandelures and Specs Gengars that would otherwise outspeed and KO celebi... This EV spread makes Celebi fulfill the sweeper role, while a jolly nature is preferred to out speed other base 100 pokemon running a none speedy nature... Celebi's natural bulk almost guarantees a SW or two since its really unpredictable... The ability Natural cure can also be abused since it basically heals you up for free on switch outs!! Here is a video to show off how good and unpredictable this set it!!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-425039137

Team Slot 2
Zelda (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
Princess Zelda... Our lovely princess who always seems to need rescuing LOL... Gardevoir is really beautiful and is best suited to be a Zelda Crossover and will really put in work for this team... Trace s the ability i personally prefer before mega evolving for it can really be useful as you can see in one of the battle videos below as i abuse the Trace to pick up magic bounce to screw up the opponent's strategy.. This EV spread is not the most common, as Mega gardevoir is one of the premier wall breakers in today's meta-game.. i however love this set above all as it makes gardevoir really bulky and can prodive valuable team support with wish and will o wisps... Hyper Voice still hits really hard even with not investing in any offensive stats... A support role is also most suited for our princess who is really humble dont you think... A bold nature is used to make gardevoir as Tanky as possible..
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424057933 - The Video i made reference to...

Team Slot 3
KaeporaGaebora (Noctowl) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Reflect
Kaepora Gaebora, as we all know is very well known character in the Legend of Zelda and provides valuable aid to our Hyrule hero thoughout his quest.. So is a must on any Zelda Themed Team.. NOCTOWL doesnt just look like Kaepora, But its typing really supports the Gardevoir/Celebi core granting the team an immunity to ghost type attacks... Noctowl is also our designated defogger to get rid of pesky hazards that can otherwise disrupt the team significantly.. This Set maximizes on Noctowl's special bulk, while the move Reflect rounds off its Physical frailty.. Reflect also makes it easier for Celebi to set up and for gardevoir to eat up poison jabs and bullet punches... Toxic and roost are the other moves of choice which aims to provide stack damage and stall out foes with roost.... As long as you avoid getting taunted Noctowl will be a pain for the oponent..
Team Slot 4
Epona (Rapidash) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Poison Jab
- Wild Charge
- Drill Run
Rapidash is going to be our Epona, and i must say it really helps link by switching into ice and fire attacks... This EV spread on a Jolly Nature with a Choice band aims to make Rapidash hit pretty hard and get a valuable outspeeds over none scarfed lower base speed foes... Flare Blitz is for Stab while the other moves rund off foe coverage.. Life Orb can be used over Band but the attack difference can be seen...

Team Slot 5
DekuTree (Trevenant) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Protect
The great Deku Tree protects the spirits of the forest... Trevenant does look alot like it especially with a a face on its trunk... Trevenant is a really great pokemon, Its natural bulk and the moves it has access to can make it function as many roles.. This set however aims to make him as physically bulky as possible, and even more so by burning the opponent... This set really aims to stall out the foe, but protect can be replaced with Substitute to avoid status moves.. Harvest really annoys by replacing your sitrus berry... A specially bulky set can be used since will o wisp will make up for its Defences, but this trevenant set is usually expected to tank a few physical hits for the team since Noctowl already rounds off the special attacks... Will - o wisp, leech seed and horn leach aims to wear down the opponent gradually as you replenish you HP...

Team Slot 6
Ganon (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Sucker Punch
- Flare Blitz
Ganon is the Antagonist in this tale, but i chose to include him due to his sheer power, and recklessness LMAO he get Reckless as an ability... Although this makes us have 2 pokemon that can be ko by EQ, you can play around it with the other pokemon in this team.. This set relies on a scarf to get valuable outspeeds, since and adamant nature is desired for maximum damage output... Reckless makes those recoil moves even more terrifying.. Superpower and Flare blitz for stab, Sucker punch for ghost since 3 of the SIX are weak to ghost, and headsmash for flying types :) i personally SPAM flareblitz severl times before dying from recoil damage!!

HERE ARE SOME BATTLE VIDS OF THIS TEAM IN OU!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424045616
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424054340
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424057933
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424064568
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424117718

Notable Mentions

SkullKid (Duskull)
(M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Disable
Well Skull kid became quite popular since Majora's Mask... So i think Duskull can play his role... it is not included in the intital 6 above since Ghost/Dark is already a common weakness above and is really hard to do anything if it looses it eviolite.. This EV spread is aimed to make Dulksull as tanky as possible whilst Painspilt serves as its mean of recovery... Will o wisp helps the team by burning sweeepers, while disable shuts doen set up/ stall pokes... Nigh Shade does constant damage despite attack investment..

MasterSword (Aegislash-Blade) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
If you are playing FUN and allowed to use this Uber sword then its a must for your team :) It can be both the master's sword or shield which are the most used gears by link :) Can be used in Ganon tam slot if you want to leave out the Antagonist.. This set aims to make it as bulky as possible to tank a few its, with max special investment since kingshield hurts physcial attackers...

Moldarach (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
If you want to feature Dungeon Bosses then Gliscor is perfect to play Moldarach :) This is the basic Toxic/Stall set that can set up SR as a lead... Max HP and SP def makes Gliscor a hard pokemon to KO unless up against Ice/Water attacks.. Earthquake can be used over Roost if you want a stab attack, whilst protect + orb will provide bit recovery..

Gleeok (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
Gleeok is that 3 headed boss that link must kill in his quest.. Hydreigon does kinda looks it so :) I advise that a team of all Zelda villians be made with all the dongeon bosses :) maybe ill do that after this.. This is the basic Scarf sweeper set with Stab Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor, with Fireblast for steel types and Earthpower for Electric and other ground types.. Max SpA and Speed is what makes him fulfil that special sweeper role.. Scarf is the item of choice to provide the outspeeds he badly needs to KO opponents..

BossKey (Klefki) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
Well Keys were always a requirement for any puzzle in Zelda so how can we leave Klefki out?? Can be used in place of Ganon so that you can have an ALL GOOD GUYS team... This is the screen setter set with thunderwave that can provide valuable support for the team.. Its fairy/steel typing can really help link and zelda with tier weaknesses.. This set maximizes Klefki's bulk to take both physical and special attacks decently well.. Foulplay hits opponents hard by using thier attack stat in the damage calculation instead of klefki's uninvested attack stat..

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT? LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS/VIEWS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS PLEASE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)