Sporting
Porto
Lyon
Monchengladbach
Besiktas
Leicester
PSV

Completely agree with VR.
Except I would be like B+ for Napoli, Arsenal and PSG, and B- for the rest. Sabe for C+ to Tottenham and maybe M'gladbach, and C- for the rest.
And Juventus for A. I don't trust a team who signed Higuaín for 90M.

Also:
Joe Hart is going to play for TORINO.
T O R I N O

At first, Joe Hart to Torino looks like a terrible move. But if Pep really wants to use Joe in the future, a league that involves more playing from the feet will better suit him. Plus a lower team will get him more action in front of goal

Given up on the Mn utd Reject, and went for an Everton one instead

and Aguaro charged with violent conduct, Bony loaned.. Derby day will be fun :D

Last edited:
Bony is gonna kill it at Stoke great move.

I have no idea what the fuck Chelsea are thinking bringing back Luiz,terrible defender; 38m isn't cheap.
As a brazilian, I must say: I hate Luiz more than I hate everyone else MY GOD DUDE IS AWFUL MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Bony is a good striker tho.

---

What is hapenning with football, also?
Baily costed Man. Utd 38M
David Luiz costed Chelsea 38M
Mustafi costed Arsenal 41M.

Very different players (speaking of quality, i mean, luiz being the worst of course), almost the same money.

---

And I would let Balotelli go for free too, to be sincere. guy is too non sense to be a serious football player

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
I just saw this thread. I wish I knew it was here ages ago, I'd have been participating the whole time!

Champions League 2017/2018 Viability (of making the Champions League) Rankings

S Rank

Chelsea. Please. Don't goof it up this year. We're off to a good start.

So the luiz deal kind of strikes me weird. He isn't a great defender but he could be decent at defensive midfield. If he provides competition and isn't the starter in big games but gets switched in and out at dm and cb for most league and cup games then that would be a pretty decent move. They are also buying him back for cheaper than they sold him so you could look at it like that, but on the otherhand they already spent the luiz money on plenty of other moves. I am not sure what center backs are available that Conte would like but I would assume for the price of luiz, they could have gotten someone better. La liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, and Bundesliga are ripe with players that can perform David Luiz's roll for a less expensive price. I guess being a fan favorite has helped him out tremendously in returning

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
this transfer window has been stupid.

15m for ibe, 30m for sissoko, chelsea rebuying david luiz for 38m, 48m for stones. makes me sad as a championship side supporter as i know even if we ever get promoted (we wont for ages), we won't have the financial power to do fuck all

this transfer window has been stupid.

15m for ibe, 30m for sissoko, chelsea rebuying david luiz for 38m, 48m for stones. makes me sad as a championship side supporter as i know even if we ever get promoted (we wont for ages), we won't have the financial power to do fuck all
Not necessarily true. I think I remember reading a report that winning the champions league gives you less money than finishing last in the premier league. It might be something that happens down the line but you can get a pretty big financial bonus for being in the prem for even a season

Didn't Wenger confirm it together with Perez after the 3-1 win over Watford?
Yeah it was brilliant tbh.

Well, deadline done. Just glad they filled some holes instead of just adding more and more to the same fucking spots we are set on.

Also, real damn shame about Jack. He really really needs a good run of form and a lot of playing time to show what he has and get back to the old Jack that was showing loads of promise and ability.

Arsenal central midfield is a tough spot to get nowadays, i feel only Ozil's spot is safe. His role is definitely next to Xhaka if he ever comes back..I honestly believe this might be it for him. Sucks.

Liverpool are literally giving Balotelli away for free lol
Better than paying that clown 90k a week. His agent must be a very good seller since he still manages to convince Nice to pay him to "play football".
We got rid of a lot of squad players but didn't really get players into important positions (Klopp thinks Milner can be a quality Left Back for some reason) so it's a bit worrying.

did Wilshere have a offer from Juventus? Why wouldn't he go there then instead?

Some ppl here are saying he doesnt want to leave his "comfort zone" and this may be not good for his carreer.
At Juvetus he would be an outsider, and in his new team he is the main star and stuff like this.

what do you think?

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
So the luiz deal kind of strikes me weird. He isn't a great defender but he could be decent at defensive midfield. If he provides competition and isn't the starter in big games but gets switched in and out at dm and cb for most league and cup games then that would be a pretty decent move. They are also buying him back for cheaper than they sold him so you could look at it like that, but on the otherhand they already spent the luiz money on plenty of other moves. I am not sure what center backs are available that Conte would like but I would assume for the price of luiz, they could have gotten someone better. La liga, Ligue 1, Serie A, and Bundesliga are ripe with players that can perform David Luiz's roll for a less expensive price. I guess being a fan favorite has helped him out tremendously in returning
It's disappointing to know that the club wasted the majority of the window chasing Koulibaly instead of lining up someone just as good as a back up plan.......and like you said, there were so many that would've been better for their valuations. That being said, my first reaction was one of amusement rather than dismay, mostly since Luiz already has more PL experience and now has more experience in general, and because if any one can make him look better than he is, it's Conte. The only thing that bothers me about us buying him back is that he's now 29 but I suppose we don't really need a young defender with Zouma recovering on the sidelines and Alonso also being signed (though I'm still skeptical about him).

I suppose we don't really need a young defender with Zouma recovering on the sidelines and Alonso also being signed (though I'm still skeptical about him).
Do you mean the Markus Alonso signing? The guy who previously played for Sunderland? I reckon he's quite lightweight at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)