2016 Facebook Art Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus
The below all need art! I probably won't be able to fit them all into the next couple of months before Sun & Moon release, but I'd like to get one posted every Saturday until then (except a couple of weeks prior so we can cool down between this gen and the next) so all the help possible would be appreciated! :D

Xatu - f(x)
Scolipede - Jackii
Weavile - Litra
Crawdaunt - D_what
Togekiss
Volcanion
Manaphy
Mega Slowbro
Tornadus
Zapdos
Registeel
Mega Manectric
Tyranitar
Mega Sableye
I know how relatively inactive I've been, but this is too tempting *-*
Stealing Mega Sableye.

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bummer mentioned I could post here a while back, so... I'd love to take Togekiss, if that's all right. May I ask what it's for, though? I'd like to know if I need to use the giveaway frame.

I'm bumpng this since the page changed and Absol is due for Friday.

edit: The Raikou will be shiny.
Hello! Here's the list of the Pokemon we need art for the September Giveaways.

Absol, Manectric and Lucario can be in their Mega forms if you want. We are still looking for a Raikou so if you decide to take it please be aware that it might change as we are looking for regular or shiny one.

September 2016 Giveaway Schedule (NEED ART)
these need art; art is due on the date listed
  • September 2 - Absol [ FellFromtheSky ]
  • September 9 - Manectric (Shiny) [ Nerina ]
  • September 16 - Lucario [ ]
  • September 23 - Raikou (Shiny) [ ]

Art for giveaways must include a frame/outline that details the Pokemon. For more information on how this works see this post -> http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/2016-facebook-art-thread.3559615/page-6#post-6738549
You can use the easy to edit .psd file by Koumashiki

The Pokemon details are listed below:
Sept 2:

Absol (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Sept 9:
(shiny)

Manectric (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Sept 16:

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Sept 23:
(shiny)

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Thanks in advance for helping us with this. If you have any doubts feel free to reply or PM me about it.

Last edited:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I can do it.

EDIT:
Here it is.
View attachment 68527

I'm not sure if it's acceptable or if I was even given the approval to do it, but I thought that since the deadline is tomorrow it might be helpful to have something.
Art looks great! Just a couple of small things though, if you wouldn't mind changing them...
1) vzxt messed up, and the Absol is actually holding a Life Orb, not an Absolite
2) there's something about the font that looks just a little off, when compared to all the other giveaway art, such as this one

But other than those two things, it looks great!

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Legofigure11 said:
Art looks great! Just a couple of small things though, if you wouldn't mind changing them...
1) vzxt messed up, and the Absol is actually holding a Life Orb, not an Absolite
2) there's something about the font that looks just a little off, when compared to all the other giveaway art
I fixed the life orb thing, though I'm not sure the image is appropriate now considering I drew Absol-M...
I know what you mean about the font, but I followed these directions in both Corel and GIMP and it always came out that way. I have no idea how to fix it.
Absol.edited.png

EDIT:
Thanks so much to Legofigure11 for fixing the text. I had no idea what was going on with it.
absol.ty.png

Last edited:
I fixed the life orb thing, though I'm not sure the image is appropriate now considering I drew Absol-M...
I know what you mean about the font, but I followed these directions in both Corel and GIMP and it always came out that way. I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks so much to Legofigure11 for fixing the text. I had no idea what was going on with it.
View attachment 68530
Oh nice save Legofigure11! Yes I messed up the items I'll fix them for Manectric as well.

Thanks for the art FellFromtheSky

It doesn't matter that the art is of a mega and the pokemon we giveaway is in it's basic form. The intention is for them to use their own mega stones since we can't trade those through the GTS. About the text... have you tried bolding the text or increasing the font size by 1 or 2 units? it might also be a resolution problem... Honestly it doesn't look that bad so it's fine if you don't get it like the example legofig presented.

Last edited:
On a related note, its been awhile since I worked on the Mega Hera piece I reserved earlier, but I might have some time to pursue it this weekend so I figured I'd see if it was still needed before diving in, esp since we had a pretty sweet piece just made for norm. hera.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
On a related note, its been awhile since I worked on the Mega Hera piece I reserved earlier, but I might have some time to pursue it this weekend so I figured I'd see if it was still needed before diving in, esp since we had a pretty sweet piece just made for norm. hera.
still very much needed :(

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
This is for today right? Is this still needed? What time is the deadline?
Hi! Yup, we still need the art. The post goes out a 10 am EDT (GMT-4) on Saturday (Sept. 10). So if we could get the art sometime in the next 12 hours, that would be perfect. Otherwise, an hour before the giveaway starts would be the final deadline...though that's cutting it really close.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone ^_^

Hi! Yup, we still need the art. The post goes out a 10 am EDT (GMT-4) on Saturday (Sept. 10). So if we could get the art sometime in the next 12 hours, that would be perfect. Otherwise, an hour before the giveaway starts would be the final deadline...though that's cutting it really close.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone ^_^
Alright I'm on it, will have it done in the next 12 hours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)