Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
At this point what difference does it make. Oh yeah why don't you go back and listen to her testimony and listen to her speeches about both Benghazi and her email server. Start from the beginning and then just move in chronological order. Watch as Hillary's story magically change as new evidence emerges that prove she was lying. It's absolutely amazing. My favorites are

Much better explanation than typing out everything.

But it doesn't matter cause she is a clinton and people just ignore everything that more than disqualifies her for the presidency. And it's not like this crap hasn't been going on for years now, she has a career of being the stereotypical corrupt politician who surprisingly has more scandals than accomplishments as a career politician.

But hey

I don't mean to blatantly contradict you but who's to say Trump doesn't lie too? He is fairly obviously lying, or contradicting himself, in my above post. He also is going back and forth with his immigration policy to make it seem like he is farther left while retaining his original voters. Is there any reason that you are targetting Hillary for lying?

I don't mean to blatantly contradict you but who's to say Trump doesn't lie too? He is fairly obviously lying, or contradicting himself, in my above post. He also is going back and forth with his immigration policy to make it seem like he is farther left while retaining his original voters. Is there any reason that you are targetting Hillary for lying?
I never said Trump doesn't lie, in fact I am one of the few left in the #NeverTrump campaign. He is an alt right piece of shit who doesn't understand how free trade works and speaks conservative like it was his fourth or fifth language.

The reason I don't target Trump as hard is because nobody blindly defends him on this thread like they do for Hillary. If there was someone who defended trump despite his bullshit, I will call them out too

At this point what difference does it make. Oh yeah why don't you go back and listen to her testimony and listen to her speeches about both Benghazi and her email server. Start from the beginning and then just move in chronological order. Watch as Hillary's story magically change as new evidence emerges that prove she was lying. It's absolutely amazing. My favorites are

Much better explanation than typing out everything.

But it doesn't matter cause she is a clinton and people just ignore everything that more than disqualifies her for the presidency. And it's not like this crap hasn't been going on for years now, she has a career of being the stereotypical corrupt politician who surprisingly has more scandals than accomplishments as a career politician.

But hey
Lol my point has nothing to do with the Hillarys trustworthyness more that there's 0 evidence to support that Trump is a better debater outside of "he tells it like it is" and similar conjecture, and Hillary has been put under the spotlight at length in much worse circumstances than a debate with Trump. so there's no reason to suspect that Trump will be able to get under her skin.

Last edited:
Lol my point has nothing to do with the Hillarys trustworthyness more that there's 0 evidence to support that Trump is a better debater outside of "he tells it like it is" and similar conjecture.
Oh I'm not saying Trump is better, he got handled in the primaries later on when the issues came up, but he already had his narrative spread throughout the media.

I'm still going to stand by my point that all 4 candidates for president are the worst and those who blindly support any of them or shrug off their huge flaws are idiots

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think there's almost anyone blindly supporting Hillary so much as blindly supporting Hillary because we know without a shadow of a doubt that the alternative is worse.

I will enthusiastically vote for her given the circumstances, but if she were up against a rational moderate (and yes they would have to be very moderate because I'm not about to vote for a President that would be a blank check for the wacko republican congress) and not a scumbag (sorry Christie) I'd have voted for her opponent.

So like, I'd have voted for Senators Rob Portman, Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham, John Hoeven, or heck Lisa Murkowski. Sadly only one of those ran and he got no traction...

Debating is one of Hillary's greatest campaign strengths tbh. It'll be interesting how the debates pan out and hopefully the moderation is stronger then the Military forum.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is it? She lost most of the time to Obama and Sanders, and they didn't take any cracks at her gender.
It's pretty much well known that she performs poorly when the opposite side is assertive to the point of slightly antagonizing her. Obama and even Biden both easily handled her in debates years ago and a big reason is her seeming inability to being challenged directly.

She knows her shit but starts faltering a bit when directly challenged...which is going to make her debates against Trump particularly interesting.

Also I realized halfway through this post I should have quoted the guy you were quoting, not you verbatim, but I'm too lazy to fix it.

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sure you can talk about her health, but I was unaware that we suddenly lived in 1816 before antibiotics. I thought this was 2016 where, you know, people actually recover just fine from illness.

Or do you want to get fired from your job every time you need to take a sick day because they expect you to die or become an invalid?

Well originally it was, there was no problems and everyone talking about it is a conspiracy nut, then it became just allergies, then it was passing out from the heat, and now we are at pneumonia. It's so hard to find the truth from a habitual liar like Clinton. But again, just ignore her lying again. Nothing to see here.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant...candidate-jill-steins-arrest-in-north-dakota/
And Jill Stein just became the second criminal running for the presidency

Bughouse

Maybe because she didn't want to admit being sick while conspiracies swirl about her health, which would prove them true.... I don't see how this is hard to understand

She tried to tough it out, and she failed. She looks like an idiot as a result because now we can all say that most reasonable people would excuse her for saying she had pneumonia and needed a break from campaigning. But I can't say I blame her. I think they probably thought if they said she has pneumonia and needs time off, she'd have been accused of lying about that too. Probably safer politically in the end to do it this way "proving" she really is sick.

Reactions: DTC
If America really is in the distressing realm of "least awful", I think Gary Johnson wins.

I watched some more of the "What is Aleppo" video, and it did seem possible that he had a contextual flap from an out-of-the-blue question, and his response after was a little garbled, but he did at least seem to suggest that America supporting regime opposition was not a good thing, which I can at least an agree with (not that America is the only culprit (the UK is just as bad), nor that anyone else need agree with my views!) I make these contextual misunderstanding from time to time in my own work. In contrast to the fact that in my own work I do not send business-related e-mails from a personal e-mail address, nor do I claim that my company can complete ludicrously expensive work that will be paid for by another company.

I think allowing the best-performing third-candidate into the debates, regardless of how they're polling would be an incredibly useful addition to your democracy. Given a two-horse race, I certainly lean towards Hillary on social policy, but it's been a little difficult to establish how the two stand on economic policy from across the pond. Can anyone enlighten me?

if health is the factor that drives u away from hillary and to the 70 y/o overweight guy in this political climate, idk what to say
If we're going by physical fitness health, Gary Johnson wins this by leaps and bounds. Guy has literally climbed the highest mountain on each continent (Mt. Everest with a broken leg), has done triathlons, and has a rather strict diet since he has a couple of allergies (Ex: gluten). With that said, gonna plug this Gary Johnson article from Men's Health today haha.

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/g...co&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebutton

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ultimately, is Hillary Clinton's health going to matter? This is not to say I support her (I've said before that I don't support Clinton or Trump, Trump is characteristically undiplomatic and xenophobic but I can't trust Clinton to handle classified information), but I can't seem to find anyone using this to discredit Clinton who wasn't already supporting Trump; these people probably would do the same fucking thing if she sprained her ankle. It's not like she was diagnosed with something that could seriously impede her ability to act as President (Alzheimer's or something) and/or which could cast doubt on her ability to survive through one term (like cancer), but in the latter case, I'm still not sure it would matter. I've seen countless people say they'd sooner vote for Hillary in a casket than ever vote for Trump, and really, I can't say I blame them.

This election is still basically turning into a case study on the problems with our election system, though

Reactions: JES
I feel like this thread is getting a bit repetitive (Hillary, like the past ~40 or so pages of posts say, is corrupt, Trump is dumb lol) Therefore, I'd like to shift the focus away from the presidential election, and towards the often overlooked Congressional/State elections. In the state where I live, the governor isn't up for election this cycle, but we are electing one of our senators, and of course all of our representatives. Who's running in your states? Who do you think will win? Are your candidates good, bad, or ugly? Do you agree/disagree with their policies?

(This is merely to allow for some actual discussion before the debates b/c this thread has been getting a bit stale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)