Official NBA 16-17' Season Thread

I dont think the Clippers are as good as they once were so putting them at 3 is a little generous. but with the Bottom half of the west not being as good as the top 2. Ii guess there is no other option to who else to put there at 3.
The Clippers have had the same team the past 3 years and with the loss of KD the Thunder aren't a 3 seed again. How are the Clips a worse team? Their bench is bad but it's been that way for years

I dont think the Clippers are as good as they once were so putting them at 3 is a little generous. but with the Bottom half of the west not being as good as the top 2. Ii guess there is no other option to who else to put there at 3.
The western conference has gotten weaker these past few years. The problem with the Clippers has always been their bench. Outside of Jamal Crawford they've had a rough time finding production from their reserves. They added Brandon Bass this offseason who's a pretty reliable player. Mareese Speights was one of the best bench players in the league when he was on the Warriors. And Alan Anderson has had some good shooting seasons in the league. If Blake Griffin can pull his head out of his ass and they can make a few other moves I think they can be up there with the Spurs and....the Warriors...

I'll be disappointed if Westbrook doesn't win MVP this season.
I guess you're going to be disappointed then cause we all know Curry will win MVP again. He shouldn't but he's going to cause the MVP is determined by fan recognition. That's why Curry and Harden beat out Anthony Davis 2 years ago. AD was definitely the most valuable player but got snubbed by 2 sharpshooters

I guess you're going to be disappointed then cause we all know Curry will win MVP again. He shouldn't but he's going to cause the MVP is determined by fan recognition. That's why Curry and Harden beat out Anthony Davis 2 years ago. AD was definitely the most valuable player but got snubbed by 2 sharpshooters
Curry to be honest is a cancer to basketball. the flow that basketball is going into is that everyone has to shoot 3s and if you don't you're not MVP material. Wwestbrook carried that team as far as he could and will do so again. But thats just me. My team just won a title so I can't really complain right now about it.

Curry to be honest is a cancer to basketball. the flow that basketball is going into is that everyone has to shoot 3s and if you don't you're not MVP material. Wwestbrook carried that team as far as he could and will do so again. But thats just me. My team just won a title so I can't really complain right now about it.
It's not just Curry so that's an extremely unfair jab. The 3pt shot is very effective and efficient if executed well so why not if you're good at it? I prefer basketball being a team game instead of raining 3s but if it ain't broke don't fix it. And by the way, if Curry is a cancer so is:
James Harden
Damian Lillard
Kevin Durant
Paul George
JJ Reddick
Klay Thompson
Ray Allen etc

It's not just Curry so that's an extremely unfair jab. The 3pt shot is very effective and efficient if executed well so why not if you're good at it? I prefer basketball being a team game instead of raining 3s but if it ain't broke don't fix it. And by the way, if Curry is a cancer so is:
James Harden
Damian Lillard
Kevin Durant
Paul George
JJ Reddick
Klay Thompson
Ray Allen etc
buts its NOTHING but 3s. Llike during the NBA finals, whenever they had a fast break they would run around everyone and go for the corner three. Its so silly that no one is guarding them from doing tha.

I guess you're going to be disappointed then cause we all know Curry will win MVP again. He shouldn't but he's going to cause the MVP is determined by fan recognition.
It's determined by a vote among basketball writers. Sure you can say they generally go the same direction the fans do but that's not always the case. Curry is actually probably less likely to win it next year because the writers a) don't like super team stars, especially in their first year (see: Lebron 2011), and b) they like fresh faces and voter fatigue exists. Davis, Leonard, Westbrook or even KAT are probably more likely to win than Curry.

Golden State also almost got exposed by OKC due to their overreliance on 3s. I remember a big storyline during the mid part of the series being that OKC was leading in FTA per game, and that wasn't due to any bias from the refs. GS last year couldn't get to the rim and that's partially a product of the volume of threes they take. Three point shooting heavy teams do have flaws, and I could see a big physical team like the Jazz giving GS fits for that exact reason.

It's determined by a vote among basketball writers. Sure you can say they generally go the same direction the fans do but that's not always the case. Curry is actually probably less likely to win it next year because the writers a) don't like super team stars, especially in their first year (see: Lebron 2011), and b) they like fresh faces and voter fatigue exists. Davis, Leonard, Westbrook or even KAT are probably more likely to win than Curry.

Golden State also almost got exposed by OKC due to their overreliance on 3s. I remember a big storyline during the mid part of the series being that OKC was leading in FTA per game, and that wasn't due to any bias from the refs. GS last year couldn't get to the rim and that's partially a product of the volume of threes they take. Three point shooting heavy teams do have flaws, and I could see a big physical team like the Jazz giving GS fits for that exact reason.
you make it sound that the GS-OKC playoff series was a wrestling storyline.

Russell Westbrook has a much better chance to win mvp, if the voters know what the word means, he will play well and put up the best stats, what he will do. This guy obviously is loyal unlike some other guy and will carry his team. Without him, the team is trash. he should be mvp and if he isn't he will have gotten hurt.

I don't see Russ winning MVP if OKC isn't 4th seed or above. Also don't know why every thinks Russ will go super saiyan this year with KD out; I don't think his stats will increase by a whole lot or efficiency will improve. Assist may be harder to come by without KD since majority of his asts come from him; but he has the ball most of the time so it shouldn't be a problem - Ast # should be the same. Mayb rebounding #'s go up by 1 or stay the same? Points should go up by 3 - 5 ? He isn't efficient when it comes to shooting but has reasonable %'s for a guy that gets a lot of shots. We'll see how many he'll make with the plethora of shots he should get next year. Should produce 26ppg / 9-10a / 7-8r ~ similar to last year.

We'll probably see LeBron win MVP?

I don't know, I'm still skeptical of how statswise Russ will look like. I know for sure he's going to kill it this year, maybe I'm lowballing him a lot; idk. Really think his avgs in pts/rebs/ast go up but not significantly.

Well after finding this thread after thinking for the longest time there was nothing but pokemon here, I must ask who you guys think the top 5 PG's are atm. I think its (in order) Russ,curry,Cp3,lillard, and kyrie. Ik most people are gonna disagree where Kyrie is but I think people are just hyping him up because he had a few good games in the finals and hit that clutch shot game 7 and he hasnt proved himself to be better than the 4 i had ahead of him. Lemme know what you guys think.

Well after finding this thread after thinking for the longest time there was nothing but pokemon here, I must ask who you guys think the top 5 PG's are atm. I think its (in order) Russ,curry,Cp3,lillard, and kyrie. Ik most people are gonna disagree where Kyrie is but I think people are just hyping him up because he had a few good games in the finals and hit that clutch shot game 7 and he hasnt proved himself to be better than the 4 i had ahead of him. Lemme know what you guys think.
Westbrook
Curry
CP3
Kyrie
Lillard

I think people don't recogonize how good Kemba or Wall was this season since the team they play is lowkey and don't have good team records, I think I have the 3 as a toss up for 5th. But if we're talking in terms of who is a top PG along with a better track record, then the top 5 is dame, russ, curry, kyrie, cp3 - not in any order

Also Knicks fans!: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/50prrm/the_disturbing_details_of_the_derrick_rose_gang/

Article Link gives good insight to the case, and honestly scared to see what happens with this case. Big fan of D-Rose and was happen to see a new beginning for him in New York but idk now, still like him as a player tho - watched a few of his past highlights; man was he good

Last edited:

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if I wanted to build a team around a player I think I'd even take Wall over Kyrie. He's more athletic, a better defender, and a better playmaker than Kyrie. He might have a smoother j and probably the best handles in the game, but I don't think his game really makes his teammates better (and this is coming from a melo fan). Remember that it wasn't until lbj went back to the cavs that they started to have a winning record.

However as a #2 option Kyrie is probably as good as it comes. Keep lebron as your primary playmaker and throw it to kyrie whenever you need a bucket. I don't think any of those pgs (save for curry) are as good as Kyrie at that.

pretty hard to dispute curry/westbrook/cp3 even if cp3 is getting up there in age though

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Y'all are sleeping on Kyle Lowry. Point guard is probably the deepest position in the NBA which is what makes this such a fun discussion to have. Personally I'm not sure that I'd put Lowry in my top five but I'm surprised that he hasn't gotten a mention yet and Wall has, because I think I'd take Lowry over Wall. Well, it depends on the day. I think you have to put Curry, Russ, Kyrie, and CP3 as the top four. But that fifth spot could be any number of guys.

By the way this is your resident Sixers fan saying I'm hella hype, Embiid is looking reeeaaallll good so far from what I'm hearing. Like I'm definitely still expecting a losing record this year but the future is bright boys and girls. :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)