Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lv15 to Lv20 for Pokémon who get up to 10 RML's have a linear strength improvement of +3 BP per level irrespective of starting BP, meaning Kangaskhan/Lopunny (and Surskit, I think it's base 50) have 115 BP at Lv20 and Scyther has 125 BP at Lv20. Also apparently Scyther 19 -> 20 requires 4000 Exp. Better hope you have a Level Up handy if you plan to do that.

Anyway, making the most of the quiet week to knock off some mission cards and continue to 100% Blau Salon (Currently Hawlucha). Mission Card #11 is trivially easy and all were first tries for me save the Risk-Taker mission (70% letting me down). Going to do Mission Card #12 to finally get Mega Blastoise and then Mission Card #10 which I never did when it came out, before doing Mission Card #13 the sadistic and continuing BS 100%.

To outline MC#13's sadisticness: Trigger Sky Blast two times against Skiddo! But you can only use Flying-types which means no Mega Evolution. Beat Aggron with 18 turns remaining! Be prepared to use plenty of items here. Beat Florges with 10 moves left! Pretty eas- Use only Normal-types! Good luck, especially with those mega evolutions... ._.

At least none of those MC #13 missions look like jewel traps. The Last-Ditch Effort one—for those who want an easy way to beat that mission—can be done by abusing Carnivine until you get it.

No Pastebin yet... -.-'

EDIT: Apparently we might be getting Darkrai EB repeat, Daily Pokémon #6 repeat, and Golem next week, but I cannot confirm until the pastebin is actually released. No idea on Golem data (if true) or Mega Alakazam. (Source: Some Reddit guy who used "tricks" to find out next weeks events).

Last edited:
Oh god, Darkrai? Not another escalation, I barely got Diancie's done. At least it's a quiet week to grind coins, but this basically means I can't work on the "harder" mission card objectives since, while possible, those are coin sinks.

Also of note, Pidgeotto has Sky Blast as a Skill Swap option and a PSB stage in the main line (ergo heart cost). Consider that not just for future use, but for the "Trigger Sky Blast twice" mission card objective.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Hackers hacked and tested Mega Alakazam.

It's... a Mega Aerodactyl clone but with 18 icons and 3 speedups.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like we needed another "This looks like a job for Mega Aerodactyl!" mega. I suppose it's a viable option for block/rock heavy Fighting-types and the like but giving up Risk-Taker for it?

At least it isn't completely eclipsed by Slowbro or MMY.

Ultimate mega evolution for Conkeldurr though... if you aren't going for the Po5 mission.

---

Anyway been tackling the Mission Cards and only have the 123 combo one left to finish all Mission Cards. Been using the Safari to try and get it. No dice so far with a best of 70-ish, but I found every one of the possible Pokémon at least once in the first 10 hearts, where Alakazam was first heart and Vileplume was seventh. If only I had never completed it beforehand...

Otherwise, all Missions (including #10 because I did not do it before) were first try except Mega Absol's effect against Mega Gengar (Third try, HP nerf didn't help), Risk-Taker against Combusken (Second try, 70% proc rates...), nothing on MC #12, Sky Blast vs. Skiddo (Second try, Barriers suck), Normal types vs. Florges (Second try, won with 15 moves left using MS/DD/M+5 with Audino/Arceus/Regigigas/Porygon2 [Seriously, Audino is better than Kanga/Lopunny for this mission]), Last Ditch Effort mission (Third try, but Carnivine exists so...).

The Aggron Mission which I didn't cover, I used MS/DD/M+5 with Rayquaza/RML Groudon/SL5 Landorus-T/RML SL4 Donphan and won with exactly 18 turns left.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Sorry for the double post.

The pastebin got released, and it confirms Darkrai EB, Golem, Daily Pokémon #6, and Mega Alakazam's effect.

Golem is a Base 70 Rock-type w/ +-Boost, making it is a solid alternative to Terrakion.

Darkrai EB is unchanged stage wise (200 stages, same pattern as before)

Darkrai prizes
Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Booster M
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 75: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Skill Booster M
Prize for first beating level 125: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 150: 2 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 175: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 200: 2 Mega Speedup

4 Speedups, 2 RML's, 2 Skill Swappers, 1 Skill Booster M. Not bad, definitely going all the way again, maybe not with a MMX team like last time.

So happy to see Golem and his ability is decently cool. Going to have fun playing him. HMmm might do that Darkrai for a while as well. Some really good stuff.

I'm back for holydays and at least, it has been a slow week, yeah ! So disappointed for Mega Alakazam ability, but well, not every mega is OP :D

Alakazam is honestly better than Aerodactyl vs neutral targets since it megas faster (18 vs 23) and has a good ability.

Anyway, the Darkrai escalation is a lot tamer than last month's EB gauntlet. I've been getting skips pretty frequently; I'm currently at level 70. Gallade is SUPER useful since pretty much all of Darkrai's disruptions are blocks. Has anyone tried Mega Steelix for the boss stages?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Completed the Darkrai EB. Used the same team across the entire EB (Tyranitar [15/15] / Xerneas [SL4] / Genesect / Gallade). As for how I did the boss stages and the last set of stages:

Lv50: Itemless; Tyranitar trivialises this stage.
Lv75: M+5/MS/AP↑; Moves +5 ultimately was not necessary as I won with 8 turns left. Probably doable without Mega Start for Full Speedup Ttar, but wasn't taking the risk.
Lv100: M+5/MS/AP↑; Same team and items as 75. Won with 3 moves left.
Lv125: M+5/MS/DD/AP↑; 7 turns left, DD did not wear out, a good use of the free DD to win comfortably.
Lv150: M+5/MS/DD/AP↑; 4 turns left, Not as smooth as 125 but still got it done comfortably. DD wore off on the turn I won.
Lv175: M+5/MS/DD/AP↑; 4 turns left, Pretty much the same as 150 but no DD wear-off.
Lv176-199: Itemless; Really consistent at getting the job done, even with bad RNG at the beginning. Still a chance of failure so Moves +5 for Anger Skips isn't a bad idea. Used Moves +5 twice for said skips.
Lv200: M+5/MS/DD/AP↑; 3 turns left, Decided to try it without Complexity -1 first to see if I could do it. Got really good RNG relative to 125/150/175 and completed it no problems. No DD wear-off.

Total coins spent (deducting for the freebie MS and DD): 38,900. Quite cheap considering the rewards.

Simply put, Mega Tyranitar when invested in destroys this EB with its ability to remove disruptions, delay disruptions on combo start, the ability to create combos on an open board with skillful, carefully placed taps, and yeah. Mega Steelix is definitely a viable mega for this EB and can handle boss stages well enough, but compared to Tyranitar? I don't think it holds a candle towards it. Plus Steelix is more reliant on RNG (that is: block skyfall). But then again, not everyone has the Speedups for Tyranitar and not everyone is up to Blau Salon for main stages hahaha.

I used a combo of Rayquaza (candied)/Florges/Gallade/floating 4th (Machamp, Genesect) for the non-boss levels and Steelix/Genesect/Xerneas/Scizor or Conkledurr for the boss fights. After 50, I think I only saw Darkrai's boss fight disruption at 200, using all items.

Also put up 104k in the MAlakazam comp (top 50 as of now in NA 3DS) so yesterday was a good day.

Completed the EB yesterday, leveled Yveltal to level 15(my first), zoroark to 10 and hoopa-u to level 8. Got a score of 91.5k on mega alakazam.
Im Done for the week. Hope Meowth generous to me tomorrow...

Darkrai's EB completed, at last. All in all not a bad EB, many nice rewards for "only" 200 levels. This is what I used:

Team for boss levels bar 50 (all maxed): M-Steelix, Xerneas (SL2), Genesect, Yanmega (SL3)
Team for regular levels (all maxed): M-Rayquaza, Gallade, Florges, Yanmega (SL3)

Lv50: itemless with candied M-Gardevoir.
Lv75: MS, M+5, with 0 moves left. This was really close. I strongly recommend using AP+ here.
Lv100/125/150: MS, AP+, M+5, with 3, 3, 2 moves left respectively. Darkrais and Black Clouds are really annoying, so don't be afraid to use a DD to keep the board clear. M+5 is unnecessary with DD, but can still be used as an insurance.
Lv 175: MS, A+, DD with 5 moves left.
Lv 176-199: itemless except for two M+5 for 182+4 and 194+5
Lv 200: MS, A+, DD, M+5 with 5 moves left. I was a bit nervous for the lack of C-1, but everything went incredibly smoothly.

I'd like to recommend both Florges and Yanmega (or Lv15 Shuckle, if someone bothered to feed it 5 RMLs) for regular levels. The former is really useful to deal with Metal Blocks, since Gallade alone is usually not enough, while the latter can deal crazy amounts of damage (I would have lost lv 150 if Yanmega didn't deal an absurd 2717 damage near the end).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
New Main Stages (Metagross! You get 1× Raise Max Level after beating Metagross)
New Expert Stages (Ninjask!)
Safari (Aipom line, Sewaddle line, Winking Cottonee line)
Special Shop

Returning Content
Zygarde Complete (Two Hearts to play, Drops PSB's)
Dialga (Drops PSB's)
Beedrill (Drops PSB's)
Wobbuffett items stage.

Future Content
Mega Beedrill (Mewtwo!)
Mewtwo (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Slaking
Keldeo-R Escalation Battle
Daily Pokémon #2

Main Stages
Duskull: We know this.
Archen: Base 60 Rock-type w/ Paralyse.
Nincada: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Barrier Bash.
Bidoof: Base 30 Normal-type w/ Sleep Combo.
Dusclops: We know this.
Ferroseed: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Barrier Bash.
Shedinja: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Stabilise++.
Sableye: PSB-Farmable Risk-Taker, take that Hoopa-Unbound!
Flareon: We know this.
Ferrothorn: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Block Smash+.
Zorua: We know this.
Beldum: Base 50 Steel-type w/ Blockify.
Vaporeon: We know this.
Volbeat: We know this.
Zoroark: PSB-Farmable Sinister Power = No excuses to not go SL2 peeps.
Metang: Base 60 Steel-type w/ Mega Boost.
Jolteon: We know this.
Illumise: We know this.
Bibarel: Base 60 Water-type w/ Risk-Taker.
Metagross: Base 80 Steel-type w/ +-Boost.

Expert Stages
Ninjask (470 S-Ranks): Base 60 Bug-type w/ Paralysis Combo.

Safari
Aipom: Base 50 Normal-type w/ L-Boost.
Ambipom: Base 60 Normal-type w/ Shock Attack.
Sewaddle: Base 50 Bug-type w/ Counterattack.
Swadloon: Base 60 Bug-type w/ Power of 4+.
Leavanny: Base 70 Bug-type w/ Block Smash+.
Winking Cottonee: Base 40 Grass-type w/ Crowd Control.
Winking Whimsicott: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Eject+.

Other
Mega Beedrill: 15 icons, 12 Speedups, Erases Pokémon and disruptions around one spot you tap.
Slaking: Base 80 Normal-type w/ Risk-Taker.

Escalation Battle Prizes
To come. EB's suck.

More to come.

Last edited:
Some great new stuff ! Metagross ability is meh ... let's hope a better mega ability !

Mega Beedrill = Bug Mega Tyranitar ?
And ahaha another EB ! I've just finished Darkrai !

I will start with the safari

Some great new stuff ! Metagross ability is meh ... let's hope a better mega ability !

Mega Beedrill = Bug Mega Tyranitar ?
And ahaha another EB ! I've just finished Darkrai !

I will start with the safari
Mega Beedrill is a Poison type and instead of 3 spots (Mega Tyranitar) you can only 'destroy' one.
It takes 15 icons to mega evolve and can eat 12 MSU, which lets it Mega Evolve with only 3 icons (if you are willing to feed it that many of course)
Source is the Pokemon Shuffle Reddit btw.

So it's safari time again... T-T

I hope Cottonee and Whimsicott are not too uncommon (does anybody know the odds?), I want to quickly get rid of this safari and farm back coins for Keldeo (I'm around 40k now).

At least M-Beedrill seems interesting, decent effect and blazing M-evolution speed. Since I haven't candied Tyranitar yet, I may consider giving Beedrill those MSU...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Completed the Safari. Got Leavanny first two hearts and caught it first attempt in a Poké Ball. Really good for Darkrai for those who haven't finished with it yet. Whimsicott was next caught, then Sewaddle. Ambipom was caught soon after and then I used a jewel for 30 minutes of free hearts to clean up the rest (needed pretty much all of them because Aipom and Swadloon were stubborn). Now working through the new main stages any%. Once I am done, I will need to decide whether to grind for the rest of the week (because Keldeo-R EB sucks in terms of difficulty) or to go for 100% of the new stages and be light on coins for Keldeo-R...

Also for those who want a rough encounter rate in words and anything special:

Aipom: Common.
Ambipom: Uncommon.
Sewaddle: Common.
Swadloon: Uncommon.
Leavanny: Rare, Spawns coins as one of its disruptions.
Cottonee: Uncommon, awards 100 Exp. on victory.
Whimsicott: Rare.

Last edited:
I believe Nincada is also base 30: Source

Once I get done with the Safari going to try and straight-shot the main stages and get back up for next week. Thankfully, we have new toys for KeldeoR - most notably, Mega Alakazam.

Lmao at poison mega boost being useless.
And metagross has a trash ability. This artificial, enforced difficult against fairy types is seriously annoying...

They just need to give Mawile RMLs really.

I've still got 50 levels to go for Darkrai so Leavanny will definitely be helpful. Dialga has a decent drop rate; I got it to SL2 in roughly a dozen runs.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
They just need to give Mawile RMLs really.

I've still got 50 levels to go for Darkrai so Leavanny will definitely be helpful. Dialga has a decent drop rate; I got it to SL2 in roughly a dozen runs.
Seconding this, been saving those 5 RML in my bag just for mawile to become useful someday .-.

I kinda want that card update real bad, and I have no idea why.

Just wrapped the stages including Ninjask, and caught/S ranked the lot. Metagross has more HP than Hoopa Unbound, which seems to be the challenge in this one - the average HP has to be north of 20k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)