Other Forum Witty Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved by shade
Rules/gameflow:

1. When you sign up, privately send me any sort of writing prompt, or anything that could inspire a piece of writing. Links and pictures are allowed. Just obey the forum rules and common sense.

2. Once the game starts, I will post one of the submitted prompts. Each player is to write a story inspired by the prompt within 48 hours and privately send it to me.

3. Once the 48 hours have passed or all stories have been sent in, I will post each story without mentioning who wrote it. Each player is expected to vote for a story other than their own. Once each player has, or 48 hours have passed, the writers of each story and the votes are revealed. Players that did not vote receive -2 points instead of any they would otherwise have received. Each player receives an amount of points equal to the amount of votes received, and the player with the most votes receives an additional amount of points equal to the difference between the amount of votes they received and the amount of votes received by the second highest scorer. This means no bonus points are awarded in case of a tied first place.

4. The next prompt is posted and the process repeats until each prompt has been played.

5. The player with the most points at the end is the winner.

Because people shouldn't have to read dozens of short stories every round, the number of players will be limited to 8. To ensure the quality of the game I will be handpicking the people who get in, favoring those who can show me examples of their writing, especially if I like it, and favoring those whose submitted prompts I consider good.

Signups will last about 48 hours. Please get your in-post and prompt in before they end if you want to get in!

People who want in:

Aubisio

Yeti

Eagle4

Blazade

shade

Whydon

SomewhatOddish

Josh

Maleovex

walrein

flyhn

pancake

haruno

scrake

shrug

GoodMorningEspeon

RODAN

BrightObject

TropiusIsbae

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
In. Will send prompt later.

For examples of my writing see: the most recent attempt at RPSI, the final update of RWBY mafia, the current NOC

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Internet games always get so hyphy lmao

Would you consider running two groups of 8 each to let more people play since you have a ton of sign ups?

Suggestion: spectators should also be able to vote on the best submission. You could incorporate it into the formula so there are still bonuses (maybe make it percentage-based), or you could have a separate standing for "crowd favorite". Or you could do it next game. Speaking of which, how many rounds is this game gonna be? Maybe make deadlines 24 hours so it doesn't end up too long and the hype goes away. (only if there isn't another game going on in parallel)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)