Tournament The ORAS NU Ladder Tourrnament III [Won by Teddeh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Cycle 2 Qualifiers

Rank: #1 | ELO: 1663 | GXE: 83.6% | Record: 102-36 (73.91%)
Rank: #2 | ELO: 1658 | GXE: 87.2% | Record: 95-24 (79.83%)
Rank: #3 | ELO: 1658 | GXE: 86.6% | Record: 150-31 (82.87%)
Rank: #4 | ELO: 1656 | GXE: 86.2% | Record: 58-5 (91.39%)
Notable / Popular Cycle 2 Teams

Below are some popular teams used during Cycle 2. These show some of the trends provide some insight into the type of builds people were using to compete with (mainly offense and balance). I may have missed a few, so please feel free to mention any teams you feel were popular during the cycle and I will add them. Note, replays were a little tedious to find, so if there are better ones people have in mind, please let me know and I'll include them as well.
  • - Probably the most spammed team this ladder, used by all of Lcans, rozes, and Aurosis to qualify, Shaneghoul's HO Team has shown how easy and spammable HO can be on the ladder. This team basically functions around getting up hazards with Sash Archeops and Normal Gem Garbodor, and then combing that with Rotom to keep hazards up vs spinners. Kangaskhan is used as a wall breaker as many teams on the ladder just have trouble vs the large amounts of damage it can output combined with Fake Out and Toxic Spikes and Silk Scarf Double edges. Samurott and Lilligant are there to clean and both have been doing very well vs common ladder trends. The importable can be found in the NU Sample Team thread, and in general is probably one of the best examples of Hyper Offense in this metagame. Replays #1 #2
  • - Used by TTFTW to qualify with the best record this cycle, he decided to use a more balanced build centered around VoltTurn into a Specs Charizard. Specs Zard is noteable as many teams lack reliable answers to it on the ladder, especially when paired with a slow volt switch mon in Lanturn, and a Slow BPer in Mawile. It also has a great hazard prevention core in AV Hitmonchan and Xatu which can assure that rocks stay for Zard to come in as many times as it wants. Scarf Jynx is an amazing cleaner, giving the team a way to do well vs offense as well. Replays #1 #2
  • - Making another return this cycle, the team used by both HJAD and Teddeh to qualify last round had a huge presence on the cycle 2 ladder as well. While not the main team used by anyone, both Lcans and rozes used this team in a few of their games. There were also others laddering like Earth who were only using this team. As shown last time balance does amazing on the ladder, and its no surprise that it made another appearance here. Replays #1 #2
  • - Used by Aurosis in parts of his laddering, Omfuga's hazard stack team shows that it works well outside of tournament play as well. The team uses a strong hazard stacking and prevention core in Rhydon / Ferroseed / Dusknoir / Hitmonchan, and pairs it with strong wallbreakers in Choice Band Scyther and Choice Scarf Jynx. This cycle it showed that hazard spam is still a very strong strategy to ladder with as teams have a hard time spinning or defogging against this team without a strong wallbreaker being able to come in and take advantage of it. Replay #1
Overall this was a great cycle, and feel free to PM me more teams that you think should be included, or just post it yourself below. Also please note that both me and Aurosis used a multitude of teams this cycle, but I just chose the teams that had shown the most consistency.
nlt3 is the new tag. will do other stuff after the brain of cthulu is dead

all me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)