Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
Hi, I came here to ask something weird that had happened to my RMT.The thing was, I posted a RMT but smogon wasnt letting me to edit it:"Oh No, there's a problem with smogon.", this message is shown when I use rick text editor, but switching to BB editor gives me the access to edit it again.
Is it a problem with Rick text editor, or have I putted something wrong in the RMT that caused rick text editor to not work properly?Link

I would love if someone answers this.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I came here to ask something weird that had happened to my RMT.The thing was, I posted a RMT but smogon wasnt letting me to edit it:"Oh No, there's a problem with smogon.", this message is shown when I use rick text editor, but switching to BB editor gives me the access to edit it again.
Is it a problem with Rick text editor, or have I putted something wrong in the RMT that caused rick text editor to not work properly?Link

I would love if someone answers this.
Lol I tried and couldn't even attempt to quote your post without giving me the same error regardless of whether I turned off rich text editor.

Best guess is that there were too many erroneous bbcode tags, or excessive amounts of tags basically. I see that you used a ton of text formatting, colors, fonts, size, etc. Most likely you there were a lot of unnecessary tags all over the place while you were writing it. This has happened in the past before as well, but it's a rare problem. I advice not to overuse text formatting or formatting in general, and be careful whenever you click on formatting buttons. Check the raw bbcode once in awhile to make sure you didn't accidentally add too many unused tags. Even when you change the font size for a moment and end up changing it back or something, it might leave behind a lot of empty tags. That's kinda a flaw with xenforo's text editor iirc.

Best to keep with just the default font things and format the text after you've written everything to reduce chances of excessive tags.

Reactions: Mq
I have a question about infractions. Is there a way for you to view the infractions you've received, and how many points they're worth? How do the infraction point and ban systems work in the Smogon forums? I looked everywhere for this information but couldn't find it.

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/

This site is really broken, Ctrl+F is broken cause all the content is dynamically loaded when it enters screen and unloaded when it leaves screen, middle click is broken since it opens links in the same tab rather than in a new tab...

Such an abuse of Javascript...!!! Tbh Javascript is unnecessary here at all...

To solve the problems you introduce with this over-designing you come up with with your own search box, this is reinventing the wheel and an inconvenience for the user who unnecessarily has to abandon their old habits (Ctrl+F) and learn sth new...

Ppls computers really can handle a list of all pkmns these days... no need to dynamically load and unload mons...

Why the heck do you load EVERYTHING through Javascript?? This adds no new functionality, but breaks a lot of old functionality, as I described. And also this forces ppl to use Javascript, cuz otherwise they are shown nothing.

Sorry for posting this rant here, but perhaps as a user of your site I may post some feedback? And I didn't find any better thread for this, please direct me to a better thread/forum, if there is any.

shit.png

Shit2.png

Shit3.png

Shit4.png

If there are a whopping 66 fully evolved Pokemon that are completely unviable and unusable in the lowest tier, then why isn't there a tier below it?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, everyone! I was looking for some kind of New Members Introductions thread in the Introductions Hub and on Showdown, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Am I just dumb and looking in the wrong place?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How do you make a tour and get it approved on the forums?
You may find this thread useful.

Hi, everyone! I was looking for some kind of New Members Introductions thread in the Introductions Hub and on Showdown, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Am I just dumb and looking in the wrong place?
We no longer have an introduction thread. However I do not know if there's any plans to have it again.

Welcome to Smogon though~

We no longer have an introduction thread. However I do not know if there's any plans to have it again.

Welcome to Smogon though~
Thanks! :) Actually, I wanted to say that I joined to propose a metagame idea for Showdown, but in practise it would've just been Averagemons with extra tiers for LC and NFE, and a lot harder to set up. So I guess I'm stuck with an a e s t h e t i c I'm not even going to use. Thought that was kind of funny.

So, why was the Introductions Thread taken down, then? Seems a bit weird, considering that's the first thing people look for when they join a forum. Were people spamming or something?

sandshrewz

POTATO
Thanks! :) Actually, I wanted to say that I joined to propose a metagame idea for Showdown, but in practise it would've just been Averagemons with extra tiers for LC and NFE, and a lot harder to set up. So I guess I'm stuck with an a e s t h e t i c I'm not even going to use. Thought that was kind of funny.

So, why was the Introductions Thread taken down, then? Seems a bit weird, considering that's the first thing people look for when they join a forum. Were people spamming or something?
Regarding metagame ideas, you can take a look at the OM forum. I don't think they're accepting new ones now though.

There was a recent transition in this forum, and not every thread was moved over here. This simple questions thread for example started a new one. I'm not sure if it's a decision to not have the introduction thread or it just hasn't been made yet. I'll try to look that up for you if I can :)

Regarding metagame ideas, you can take a look at the OM forum. I don't think they're accepting new ones now though.

There was a recent transition in this forum, and not every thread was moved over here. This simple questions thread for example started a new one. I'm not sure if it's a decision to not have the introduction thread or it just hasn't been made yet. I'll try to look that up for you if I can :)
Thanks! And it's okay, whatever way I would've done it, Averagemons is so much simpler.

Were do you apply to get your tours approved? And can you join your own tour?

Last edited by a moderator:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Were do you apply to get your tours approved?
You can apply to host a tournament in this forum. Since you're new around here though, I'd recommend first lurking for a while and checking out current and past tournaments to get an idea of how the section works and its culture. Please also read the Hosting section in this thread before posting to familiarise yourself with the application process and hosting in general, and to make sure that your tournament fulfils the requirements.
And can you join your own tour?
Yes you can

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello, welcome to Smogon! The Intro thread was taken down as the greetings posted there weren't very constructive and the thread as a whole didn't serve much purpose. We decided that it would be better to put our energy into helping new users get introduced to the various facets of Smogon and where they might like to get involved in terms of contributing or battling competitively, and the SQSA thread is ideal for this purpose. The Beginner Basics thread has all the information you might need as a new user anyway, and if you can't find answers there then feel free to use this thread for any queries you have :)

Hello, welcome to Smogon! The Intro thread was taken down as the greetings posted there weren't very constructive and the thread as a whole didn't serve much purpose. We decided that it would be better to put our energy into helping new users get introduced to the various facets of Smogon and where they might like to get involved in terms of contributing or battling competitively, and the SQSA thread is ideal for this purpose. The Beginner Basics thread has all the information you might need as a new user anyway, and if you can't find answers there then feel free to use this thread for any queries you have :)
Thank you! I took a look through Beginner Basics when I joined, but I'll definitely ask you guys if I have any other questions. I would argue that the purpose of an Introduction thread is to give new members somewhere to introduce themselves, but I guess you all know best.

Where do I create a Arceus gamestop code giveaway? I have quite a few of these codes and dont want them to go to waste.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)