Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Yeah, the Biotic Grenade radius got a pretty sizable buff. These changes are pretty good, seems like Blizzard's recognized triple tank triple healer as a legitimate problem right now.

Yes I am very much liking the changes as well. Widow needed something because she's pretty bad right now, a faster scope time will obviously help her during engagements. The Junkrat buff sounds nice, I guess it depends on how drastic the buff is, if he can cast it much faster now then it will be much more usable during teamfights than it was before. The Ana nerf is something we all saw coming due to how fast it charged for how strong it was, but the grenade radius buff is actually really cool and helps compensate a bit for nano boost coming less often. Overall I like everything they've changed so far, I'm very much loving this game right now in terms of balance. If I had to ask for anymore more changes I'd ask for some kind of Symmetra rework (she's so much fun but no healing is a big detriment). Maybe a Lucio nerf too, he's such a strong healer and is required on KoTH which I don't really like but I'm not sure there's any way to nerf his kit without making him bad, maybe what we need is another hero with speed abilities or AoE healing to give him some competition. The only other hero I can think of is Zarya but I don't really think she needs a nerf that bad or even at all, I wish she didn't counter D.Va so hard though :'(

yeah, I found ana grenade's arc to be fine, but the radius to be hard to deal with factoring in perspective. her ult cost change is good imo. it's insanely easy to rack up ana ult (so it won't be too much of a problem, it'll just stop you from having someone nano boosted before anyone else has a chance to have their ult up realistically, since ana has more chances to farm it) and she has very good utility, which they're buffing to compensate. it's a surprisingly well-thought out change. lots of nice little tweaks in this patch, QoL fixes, bug fixes, and a little widow help, happy nothing much is changing because the patch is in a damn good state. :) would've liked that reinhardt-related blackout bug on some heroes (d.va/i believe genji) to get fixed this cycle though.

i'm loving the little voice additions too. in many games it's hard to get new lines in cuz of the expense of renting the actors over and over to add stuff, but it keeps the game feeling fresh to hear new dialogue in it. and i think blizzard have kept a pretty good balance between responding to the fandom (and not taking themselves too seriously) and keeping the game from becoming a clusterfuck so far.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ana's ult charge nerf was probably really obvious, and it is a step in the right direction. I personally feel like getting ult charge while boosted is kinda a bad snowbally mechanic. However, it's probably not a good idea to completely prevent ult gain while boosted as well, especially in case you boost the wrong person like a 95% Mercy who can't get Rez off ;O;! Maybe it would be better such that the increased damage do not contribute to ult gain so that ult is still gained while boosted, but not to such a huge extend where you can do ridiculous double ult chains pretty consistently. 20% doesn't seem too much of a nerf to me but we'll see. I think it'd kinda tie with Mercy's ult charge timing so maybe Mercy would be able to contest the support meta a bit more if Mercy can basically undo Ana's ult, though escaping a boosted enemy isn't always reliable heh. Ana will still most likely charge faster than Zen/Lucio though.

OOO I like the grenade change, but I must say, 4m radius is really pretty huge. Junkrat mine is already 3m. But that would make it a lot easier to shoot floor and nade self and teammates cos sometimes teammates run away from me and I try to nade both of us but it ends up only being on either of us only >_>! haha. Hitting kobe shots were already pretty fun/semi reliable but definitely going to do even more kobe shots with the changes.

I like the Widow changes and have probably said it before that changing her scope timing was pretty necessary. It might make her a situational pick like Hanzo instead of being completely outclassed by McCree I guess. Maps with longer sightlines and perches might suit her, and faster scope makes her slightly harder to poke against. Definitely would feel better playing.

Junkrat's change was probably just QOL, minor buff that barely matters.

Overall quite like the changes, and seems like they're taking it slow and not doing drastic changes, which is good too. Also can't wait for the rumored Symmetra buffs, though who knows what's actually happening with her.

Also nice to see a little more love for console platforms, though I'm not too sure if they're going to look into hero balances in consoles more or if they need to.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm playing again a bit more with Tracer, I might stick with her for a while since she's really fun to play with.
Also I have no idea what golden weapon to buy now that I have the points...

I think somebody made a joke about this earlier but this happened the other day

Newtonjar: uh guys I think we need a healer
Player: then you switch
Newtonjar switched to lucio (was reinhardt)

I was the only tank at the time. But, and sorry if I am making a salty rant, the one thing that makes me most salty in overwatch are people who are people who create bad team comps just because they want to play dps. Even if you are a terrible player I am totally chill with that, I'm not good either. But if you queue in as tracer when we already have 3 dps players I get really upset.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That happened to me, was only tank and asked for a healer. Anyway, I'm now doing practise range + custom game with bots + quick play before comp with Zarya and it's working quite good. Let's see how I end the week. Also some plays I made recently, I'm particularly proud of the McCree one.

Soldier: 76 against people who can aim even less than I can

Ameizing

Zarya carry harder

You know what time it is and, no, you ain't escaping

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
So symmetra is supposedly getting a rework around november, and its been hinted to be more extreme than just changing cooldowns and stuff. Apparently they want to make her a less situational hero (not only viable on first point defense and a questionable pick even there). im interested to see what these changes might be. i enjoy playing her a lot so hopefully these changes will make her more viable. ive heard a lot of speculation that theyre going to make her shields passive and give her a less fire-and-forget E ability which i would definitely be happy with, though i wish her teleporter was less easily hunted down and destroyed (one of the big factors that limits her viability imo). what do you guys think?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've said it before but yeaaaa I really want Symmetra to be a damage mitigation hero. That would be something that complements healers really well too and is a really great / skill indexed mechanic since you have to actively make sure you aren't preventing your healer from building their ult while also reducing enemy ult gain. A good damage mitigation would also lighten the load of the healer.

Teleporter needs to be more intuitive and shouldn't punish Symmetra for having like charges remaining and stopping her from building ult for a new one. As for it being easy to find, I don't think too much can be done about that. However certain changes like only calling the tele once, not having enemy heroes auto call 'detected' teles when they don't even know where the heck it actually is, maybe reducing the tele particle trail effects, are all much needed. Also got to fix kill cams showing enemy team stuff tho. I think no matter what, teles are going to be easy to destroy due to their static nature, and you don't want to make it too hard to kill such that people no longer find it worthwhile to spend time finding the tele. More importantly is the timing of putting the tele (like a Rez, after immediate respawn rather than instantly when ult is up) and not getting punished because of remaining charges imo. But regarding timing, yea it does kinda require you to play a little more passive before you cast the tele just like how you play Mercy, in a sense it detracts Symmetra from being active for some duration.

That happened to me, was only tank and asked for a healer. Anyway, I'm now doing practise range + custom game with bots + quick play before comp with Zarya and it's working quite good. Let's see how I end the week. Also some plays I made recently, I'm particularly proud of the McCree one.

Soldier: 76 against people who can aim even less than I can

Ameizing

Zarya carry harder

You know what time it is and, no, you ain't escaping
Is it weird Soldier 76 is the only character I haven't gotten Play of the Game / Match with yet? Like I've even gotten it with Widow and I play on console... I guess if I actively played him more maybe I could get it, but every time I try to flank with Tactical Visor I just end up getting Mei Ice Wall'd / some other form of shield or die super early lol. And if I do get two-three kills, there was also a Reaper who got a four man Death Blossom or a Mercy who got a three man rez...

Joim

Pixels matter
Dunno, I don't play him much either. I think the only hero I lack for potg is Ana, haven't recorded them all (yet), though.

I hope she doesn't keep 6 max turrets. That's probably the most polarizing part of her kit, and why she's only good on first point defense. You could lower it to 3 or 4 and give her some other nice buffs, like on turret arming time and building HP.

HailFall

Turrets dont have good damage output and any hit destroys them meaning their usefulness is limited to harassing to build ult charge, warning you of people taking flanking routes, and guarding health packs. I dont think they need a nerf lol. Honestly the reason shes only worth using first point defense, imo, is that her teleporter is the only really good thing about her (though its still kind of impractical as it stands to use) and the teleporter isnt that useful when the point is right outside spawn.

sandshrewz

POTATO
I don't know if anyone else uses it this way, but I use Sym turrets as a form of 'slow', either on the choke, a flank, or to form a protection holding zone for the supports. At the choke it's good for farming some ult, annoys the tanks since they have to waste that 1s to clear the turrets which your team have a free 1s to shoot at them every engagement. It slows down progress a little, not a lot, but sufficient. Watching a flank with 1-3 sentries is typically good.

For the localized protection, it's pretty useful to hide obscure turrets near your supports default holding location. It deters a lot of flankers if you don't clump them up and make them have to 3 shot your turrets. The slow effect also buys time for your healer to run. I've had plenty of times slowing down Genji / Tracer enough to right click them (yes right click), then M1 them to death because they were unaware in their first engagement. Every other time they try to engage, they'll have to deal with the turrets which in turn means they can't chase the healer quick enough. Also lol at Genjis trying to Dragonblade in only to get stalled by the turrets from different directions.

The 'slow' aspect of the turrets are really underrated though. It's as close as it gets to rooting people in an area. Oh and Winston can't deal with turrets that are spread out further than his tesla cannon range, he'll get slowed too much. Some maps allow for really long distance placements that allow the turrets to still lock on and yet not get wiped out instantly. But if that terrain doesn't allow effective placement for that, yea Winston will still wipe it, or any explosive basically.

General rule of thumb is to build far apart that one Reinhardt swing can't kill them all, one Zarya right click, and roughly tesla cannon range. And split your turrets to do different jobs.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it weird Soldier 76 is the only character I haven't gotten Play of the Game / Match with yet? Like I've even gotten it with Widow and I play on console... I guess if I actively played him more maybe I could get it, but every time I try to flank with Tactical Visor I just end up getting Mei Ice Wall'd / some other form of shield or die super early lol. And if I do get two-three kills, there was also a Reaper who got a four man Death Blossom or a Mercy who got a three man rez...
His ult is very easy to shut down, not as easy as mccree or whatever but still, a hook, genji deflect, rein shield, dva right click, mccree flash, any support ult, and tanks in general just shut it down lol.

It's not good at solo killing targets but more like as a supplementary ult that cleans up half hp squishies.

Joim

Pixels matter
Wooo dev update!

From reddit:
  • Widow, Junkrat, Genji balance changes that have already happened or are currently PTR.
  • Big talk on Symmetra. Exploring big changes but not interested in changing her to be a Healer; they'd rather move her out of Support category than make her something that she was never intended to be. Currently only perceived as acceptable as early defense side hero, so they're trying to find ways to make her less situational of a pick. Earliest possible time of public test changes would be mid-November, likely later since they don't want to rush it.
  • Spectator features are being worked on; hotkey camera locations, added preset "focus on objective" camera to each map, added smoothing to camera movement, added hotkeys to make current camera to focus on a hero from its current location
  • One new hero is currently seeing a lot of internal testing and should be out sooner rather than later. (Sombra? lol)
  • One other concept is seeing a lot of positive response inhouse but is currently using all placeholder assets in internal testing, will probably not come until next year.
  • One new map is pretty far along, currently just adding art assets; is in a pre-existing game mode.
  • One other map also in a pre-existing game mode still being prototyped.
  • Two prototyped maps for new game modes currently in experimentation.
  • Upcoming update bringing more emotes and voices lines, potentially will later be able to re-equip them in-game rather than just in Hero Gallery.
Very interesting about Symmetra. I think they'll turn her into a defense hero and improve the shields.
New hero... just after Season 2? I wish either that or even earlier! New game mode testing!!

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If they move Symm out of Support then I hope Sombra is a pretty decent Support (though, given that she is about misinformation and disruption she's probably defensive).

I think they can't introduce Sombra during season 2, it will just fuck with the already fucked competitive picks (I pick Ana, everyone else is DPS). Everyone will just want to Sombra.

New maps is exciting! I hope they have the same feel as Castle map because that's probably my favorite to both attack and defend on (not that they favor defense but they have this really nice touch and personality to the map).

HailFall

dont think the changes to her will be improving her shields, from what ive heard thats happened before and 50 shields made tracer broken. i think the most likely course of action is making the shields a passive ability, giving her a less fire and forget e ability, and potentially making the teleporter harder to destroy.

sandshrewz

POTATO
I just have a sudden craving for Sombra to be a non-healer support hero hahaha is it too much to ask for xd always hungry for more support options, I feel like something is desperately missing in the current support lineup. Also, really hoping that they rework Symmetra as a support (not healer), rather than the Defense option that they have been keeping open. But then again, hybrids are a thing so as long as she's part support I'm happy :D

They should also look into some forgotten heroes like S76 though, like give him less damage fall off so that he's still a reasonable pick at slightly longer ranges where McCree has terrible damage at, instead of both being kinda terrible at mid-long damage. Wait I guess there isn't much other forgotten heroes other than like Widow which they are already tweaking. On the other hand I always hope that snipers don't become meta because they slow down the game a lot and make it a spam Reinhardt shield game. This change probably isn't drastic enough for that to happen so should be good except for long sightline maps. And lol imo if Junkrat nades don't do full damage after bouncing it might actually be a stealth buff by not feeding Zarya that much energy. I always find full damage rollers a dumb thing both as the one shooting and receiving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)