Pokemon art/comix/animation

Hi! I'm uglyfun. I'm an animator by day and I draw Pokemon in my free time. Most of my stuff gets posted to my tumblr, but I thought I would post a selection here.

I used to read Smogon all the time back in the R/S/E and D/P days when I was trying to build a competitive team! Now I just play casually and draw fanart.

Ditto art
Ditto is my favorite and I draw it a lot. Probably my most-shared Pokemon art is the Ditto comic I made awhile back.

Animations
Oops these are also ditto so far too

Trainers
Gyms leaders n such

Gen 1 Sprite Redraws
For awhile there was a trend on tumblr to redraw the Gameboy sprites.

Misc Fanart
Just a selection of other Pokemon fanart I've drawn.

$10 sketches
Sometimes I open $10 sketch requests on tumblr. So these are all Pokemon that are owned by other people, I just drew them for those people. You can find full information on tumblr if you want to know whose characters they are etc.

Whew! To be honest, this is only a fraction of my Pokemon fanart, but I don't want to overload this thread haha. I hope to post more here in the future!

Pent

dumb broad
I remember following you on my previous blog on Tumblr, and I refollowed now. If I'm honest, I'm rather surprised a worker of cartoon network would be here in our small little subforum!

Your art style is so nice and gently detailed, and it has such a nice cartoony feel to it!

Welcome to Smogon, and please enjoy your stay! :D

I've definitely seen some of your art floating around Tumblr. Great stuff! Your style is really cute and cartoony. It makes for some neat expressions (like Ash in the final panel of that comic and Gengar in your sprite redraw). Your Ditto animation is downright adorable. I also love how clean your lineart is, and your comics amuse me.

Really cool how you work at Cartoon Network. I would love to learn to animate myself someday. Keep up the good work, and welcome to Smogon!

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Aah! All of this is so great!

Seriously, that Ash comic is too hilarious. Those dittos are also so smooth!

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
oh my gosh your animations are so goals. theyre so fluid and the timing is perfect. what program do you use for animating?

Ahh thanks, guys, for all the kind words!

I'm rather surprised a worker of cartoon network would be here in our small little subforum!
I'm definitely getting obsessed with Pokemon again lately after something of a hiatus from the games (haven't played since Black2, although I didn't even play B/W either...) and I have a lot of nice memories associated with coming to Smogon and building teams with my friends! Plus, smaller forums are usually a better experience :)

I would love to learn to animate myself someday. Keep up the good work, and welcome to Smogon!
YOU SHOULD DO IT. It's fun! (and thanks!)

Aah! All of this is so great!
Thank you, and thanks for the tumblr follow! I noticed your Kraken icon right away. I hope it's not sacrilege to say this on a Pokemon forum, but EarthBound is my all-time favorite game.

oh my gosh your animations are so goals. theyre so fluid and the timing is perfect. what program do you use for animating?
I really appreciate that compliment because I've been trying to work on my timing lately! Ditto is a great simple character to experiment on for practice. I use Flash CS6!

Edit: For posting new art, do you guys generally make a new reply to your topic or do you edit the first post?

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
uglyfun said:
Edit: For posting new art, do you guys generally make a new reply to your topic or do you edit the first post?
I personally do both so that my thread is easier to navigate, but if you want to do just one or the other, you probably ought to just make a new post so that more people will see it.

At any rate, that ditto comic was the one of the funniest things I'd seen in a long time. Your style is clean and simplistic, and conveys a certain charm. That simplicity also allows for a certain expressiveness to shine through. In particular, I'm fond of the Chansey image and the Clefable/Gengar ones. I'm hoping to see more of your work in the future. n_n

So I sketched these thinking of the feminine Mewtwo from Best Wishes (which I haven't seen) wearing the cape I thought I'd seen gifs of her in (gifs from some other series that I also haven't seen?). But upon looking on Bulbapedia, I think the cape Mewtwo is actually the original Mewtwo from the movie, not the female(?) one from Best Wishes.

So! Lazy fan question: What's the deal w/ Mewtwo right now? Why are there two? Which one has the cape? Where is original Mewtwo/what's he doing now? What's the deal in general with female Mewtwo? If anyone knows... it's hard to really get the gist from the wiki entries. :P

So! Lazy fan question: What's the deal w/ Mewtwo right now? Why are there two? Which one has the cape? Where is original Mewtwo/what's he doing now? What's the deal in general with female Mewtwo? If anyone knows... it's hard to really get the gist from the wiki entries. :P
Having watched all of the English-dubbed films released so far, I might be able to answer...

In the 16th movie (Genesect and the Legend Awakened), they never actually offer a clear explanation as to why Mewtwo suddenly has a feminine voice. One possible conclusion is that this is a different Mewtwo altogether, but that just raises even more questions. Based on female Mewtwo's opening monologue, my interpretation was that the new Mewtwo was cloned by an underground group (possibly a subdivision of Team Rocket) in an experiment similar to the original Mewtwo but many years later. It's anyone's guess as to what the original Mewtwo is doing... last we heard of him was the Mewtwo Returns special.

Anyway, it's definitely exciting to meet a professional animator here. The Ditto comic was priceless ;__; I love your creative, goofy sketches.

Happy new year everyone! What's the spoiler policy in this forum? Now that I've finished Pokemon Moon, I've been drawing a lot of sketches of scenes from the storyline and also of characters in the late game. I assume most of you probably finished the game much earlier than I did, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Here are two comics I did about the protagonist's most unsettling habit.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
'Bout time I posted in here, each and every pic is delightful to see, consider myself another Tumblr follower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)