NOC a nice basic game of actual mafia - game over - won by the Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly these smogon games are going to Screw me on PS since PS is a much more sheep friendly environment, and all the Big Name Leaders seem to be scum over here (except twin, but they kinda seem overbearing?)

well i did my part in getting killed n1 wish i just went after aubisio instead of empoof but i felt bad about switching my vote because aubisio is sort of new and whatever. oh well. ggs

close stuff at the end really thought we had it but guess not. good effort shubaka / whydon / pancake don't be afraid to be more assertive / confident in your views in the future!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aubisio you ain't stealing the likes yo :p

Also I'm going to say this beforehand, for every other mafia I join if I'm going to, I'm never going to pick mislynch over no lynch, ever. Even if the 'meta' is to get 'information' from a mislynch, but let's be realistic, that barely ever happens.

Maybe I'll reason about that. *shrugs*

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The point of no lynch isn't to survive longer for a day, from my pov. There's more value in a no lynch than people make it out to be, and overestimated value of a mislynch is what I'm saying.

Anyway don't want to talk about this now at length because I'm heading for yet another exam on a Saturday (omg uni why), and I don't want to hold the thread up discussing something that's purely my opinion and don't expect anyone to actually agree to it haha.

Anyway as mentioned in the dead convo, mafia did well in eliminating threats as much as they could.

My inactivity was formed mainly because of an event that unexpectedly took place in my life, and I unfortunately did not have much control over the effects that preceded it, so I apologize for the inactivity. Also it didn't help that I had no computer charger.

I always have trouble typing on my phone so there's that too...oh well hopefully I'll have access to a computer sometime soon

Fun game nonetheless, rip shubaka but it makes sense as to why I got voted off

Aubisio you ain't stealing the likes yo :p

Also I'm going to say this beforehand, for every other mafia I join if I'm going to, I'm never going to pick mislynch over no lynch, ever. Even if the 'meta' is to get 'information' from a mislynch, but let's be realistic, that barely ever happens.

Maybe I'll reason about that. *shrugs*
When should a village start lynching? Once a cop has a guilty inspection result? When you reach the point where you have to lynch or otherwise you lose, do you think it's easier to lynch when you have no information at all as a result of no lynching, or if you have some information as a result of mislynching?

How do you win the game if you don't ever lynch?

no big (both whydon and sandshrewz). I hope everything's well Whydon

This game taught me a lot of things really quickly so I'm stoked I was in it, even if it was for a day. I'm now officially obsessed with NOCs though, which is dangerous. Really excited to watch Pancake play too, you've got some hidden potential dog and I hope I get to play more with you #DeadMafiaMafiaBros

WP all

Also one more thing, nice job to Josh for his aggressiveness towards me during this final lynch. Don't know how much of that was genuine frustration, but he got shubaka to flip so ya

sandshrewz

POTATO
Is there another avenue to discuss this?

I totally agree that mislynching has its own benefits. In fact I personally got quite a lot from Empoof lynch. And lol no I'm not advocating for no lynch till inspects.

More in future, no time now.

Yea Empoof I'm down for that. Personally feel that mislynch is better for a game of equal playing skill, however that isn't usually the case on smogon games, which is why I feel mislynch is overestimated particularly for games with mixed player base. Probably should have said that earlier.

Also yes deadmafiamafia.

Ciao for now

If you never lynch until mylo in a 15 person game, you need to win 4 approximate coinflips where if you flip wrong at any time, you auto-lose the game.

By lynching even randomly (and ofc in mafia the assumption is that there is some amount of skill in the game such that we aren't randomizing) you gain 3 mislynches where if you mislynch you lose nothing and if you lynch correctly you "gain" another mislynch. i'm bad at math and cba to do a real analysis but it seems to me you get a lot more value from mislynching due to the reward that you get for lynching correctly.

but maybe it would be interesting if we tried it out. i do feel that a lot of the fun to mafia is lynching (that's like the point of the game!) so even though it sucks when you mess up and lynch incorrectly, i feel like that's just a part of the game. sometimes it happens. sometimes it happens to you. but that's what the fun part of playing mafia is about IMO!

GG everyone. This was a really fun game to play. It sucks that we lost, but we tried. Town overall played well, and we were in a position to win. I think we just didn't have aggressive enough players near the end.

NOCs are a great challenge for the mind. I think I'm in love, definitely wanna play more in the future.

Shoutout to Walrein for being a good host. Also 10/10 flavor from both him and jumpluff. Made the game more enjoyable.

Would write more but tired as fuck

sandshrewz

POTATO
To be clear, I'm not in favor of no lynch till mylo. There are imo certain cases where no lynch is better, but not always. There are a few factors that if met I feel that no lynch is better. Without going into detail it wouldn't seem logical at all.

There's also more to mislynch vs no lynch than just math imo. There are some values that cannot be accounted by how many days village can survive. Mislynch is mathematically better no doubt, but I don't think that's the only aspect to look at.

OK really gotta go now haha. Will probably touch on more if Empoof writes a new thread or something.

Sorry for seeming like a downer but, Aubisio "I" you did nothing to help Mafia to win (imo). Whydon it was mostly your fault for the last lynch since you said absolutely nothing.(IMO)
No I agree with you, my inactivity was definitely a hindrance for village since I never defended my case, so that was my fault. For sure will be more active in future games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)