Other The return of the Smogon LoL tourney

I Love League Of Legends Haha

Hello friends. I'll be hosting the next Smogon LoL tourney. The format is as listed:

- NA server
- no premades; snake draft on IRC/discord (time TBA)
- Bo1 regular season; Bo3 playoffs
- 2 groups of 4 teams, randomized
- 3 game regular season per team (within group); top 2 teams from each group advance to playoffs
- 3 weeks to schedule and complete matches for regular season (I expect matches to be scheduled early on, and would like captains to be active)
- playoffs will be 1 week per round, so 2 weeks total

(40 players total expected, subs will be accepted)

I expect this tournament to be completed in the next 6 weeks, so please only sign up if you know you will be able to be active for your team. Signing up when you know you'll be too busy to schedule effectively is a detriment to both your team and the tournament.

Since real life events can happen, I'll allow a 20 minute grace period from the scheduled time. If not all team members are present after that, the team causing the delay will automatically forfeit a match. Subs who are not drafted may be used to prevent a delay, however. People who do not register for the tournament in this thread are ineligible to be subs.

Players may specify that they would like to captain a team in their signup post. I will accept 8 captains.

Your signup post should contain the following information:
LoL username:
Peak rating:
Current rating:
Timezone:
Preferred roles:
How much do you love Bleuwind?:
Captain signups:
- yohoE
- HSA
- Walrein
- z0mOG

Signups:
- PttP
- Da Letter El
- uragg
- UncleSam
- reyscarface
- SilentVerse
- TheValkyries
- Yeti
- whistle
- franky
- papai noel
- idiotfrommars
- Rumor
- Shaka Brah
- LightWolf
- Improbable

Last edited:

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
LoL username: goat butt secks
Peak rating: plat 4
Current rating: gold 2
Timezone: EST
Preferred roles: suport / fill

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Due to the lack of premades I find myself forced to sit out. However, I feel it is my duty to voice strong opposition to yohoE`s captaincy. To those unaware of the fact, the Crew of Captain Wind (aka the biggest assortment of complete idiots led to victory by a quirky yet exceptionally competent captain) was once under the leadership of yohoE, who decided halfway throughout the tournament he just wasn't feeling it anymore due to the loss of both his hands in a tragic accident, forcing us to sub whistle in (and if you've seen whistle jungle you'll know how much emphasis I'm placing on the forcing). Turns out yohoE was just pretending to be typing with his feet all along, coming back from his league retirement shortly after to seize the trophy painstakingly earned by our proud crew; his 20 fingers intact.

That said I'd like to start a public petition to null yohoE's application, already signed by myself (Captain Wind) and my faithful second-in-command, The Darq One.

Don't let this shit float harsha.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
LoL username: Wingsong
Peak rating: Platinum 5
Current rating: Maokai Skin (Gold V 26LP)
Timezone: PST
Preferred roles: Support > Mid

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
LoL username: Walrein
Peak rating: Platinum 4
Current rating: Gold 1
Timezone: CDT
Preferred roles: Mid/Jungle > ADC/Top > Support whatever lets me play kennen/jayce/lux

comin' out of retirement for this, leggo boys

edit: i am also willing to captain

Last edited:

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LoL username: Mishaap
Peak rating: Diamond IV
Current rating: Silver II
Timezone: CANADA! (EST)
Preferred roles: Jungle and Galio
How much do you love Bleuwind?: I hate him because he's not signing up

Last edited:

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
LoL username: runnysalam3 (na) / elodinbugers (br)
Peak rating: d4
Current rating: d4
Timezone: gmt-3
Preferred roles: adc / yasuo
How much do you love Bleuwind?: fuck bernie

i know what you guys are thinking. "oh, is elodin capable of doing well in this tournament considering the lag he gets from playing in brazil?" i'll let the dodrio-chester bot lane answer that question for you people. ;)

- the god

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
Chronic
Peak Rating: Gold 4
Current Rating: Gold 4
Timezone: -7
Preferred Roles: Supp/Mid/Top
bernie + rumor = big gay

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
LoL username: JetLightWolf
Peak rating: Silver (pre divisions)
Current rating: None
Timezone: CEST but nocturnal
Preferred roles: Sup/Top/Mid
How much do you love Bleuwind?: A jolly good lad he is he is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)