Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tfw Cracker withstood Luffy's Gear Fourth but could not withstand Luffy's appetite
This reminds me of Luffy's initial fight with Enel.
(Paraphrased)
Enel: "I am a Lightning-Man! Feel the wrath of my Lightning! ... Why isn't it working?"
Luffy: "I'm a Rubber Man! Lightning doesn't work!"

Cracker: "My Biscuit Defense is invincible! You will never break it! ...Why are you eating it?"
Luffy: "This is Delicious! OMG!"

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
kek I knew it, Gear 4th has modes. Although I'm not sure whether to call that an actual mode or some gomu gomu joke mode like Crocodile vs Mizu-Luffy.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Luffy kept the Cracker soildiers from disintegrating so that when he launched Cracker back he'd take the full force of hitting his own creations.

Luffy is getter smarter in battle, heh.

What interested me is that after he said 'Tankman!', he also made sure to say 'full version', implying that there are other versions of Tankman. This would mean that luffy doesn't need to eat ridiculous amounts of food every time he wants to use Tankman, and can just go straight into the 'not-so-full version' or 'hungry version' whenever he wants. Bounce man seems to be his primary offensive gear 4 form, and Tankman seems to be his defensive version, as the name suggests. Hopefully the 'hungry version' has a gimmick that makes it usable though, like he can eat almost anything while in that form and everything he eats will contribute to transforming him into full version. Idk, that's just me trying to emulate oda-logic. I just don't want Tankman full version to be a thing that can only happen when Luffy's eaten a lot, because then it would just be a one-off thing like mizu-luffy and nightmare-luffy, which would definitely suck.

Deck Knight

Who else thinks this is just a pretext for Sanji to get knocked away by Luffy and work out an escape plan?

great chapter, lots of cool stuff

big mom with the weather thing surprised me initially but she probably put souls into a piece of cloud and.. a ball of fire? there's really no way she controls the actual sun that'd be too crazy

sanji's speech is obviously an act and im surprised luffy and nami seem to be falling for it. luffys really good at understanding peoples' feelings and nami's smart enough to know that's an act. i can't tell how this is going to play out and honestly i'm really excited for next chapter

I'm pretty sure Sanji is gonna use the fight to get closer to Luffy and tell him about his East Blue handcuffs, and Luffy will act "defeated" or walk away or something until they can gurantee Zeff's safety.

Deck Knight

Analyzing that battle... if you look at both characters development Luffy's pledge for a hunger strike hits Sanji way, way deeper mentally and emotionally than whatever physical damage he took from Diable Jamble.

Luffy just used psyche warfare...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Put that way what's really cool too is that this puts the focus squarely back on Sanji, this isn't another plot where Luffy and friends come to save the day, this is going to have Sanji being the driving force that saves himself and provides the #3 crew member with the development and power up he'll deserve

Deck Knight

My theory is more that Pudding has to end up sacrificing herself so Sanji can continue being a womanizing horndog after this arc concludes.

And the sacrifice will make us all horribly emotional.

Also, no OP next week which makes me sad.

Sanji won't go back to his womanizing ways seen in the 7th and 8th sagas of this series. It just felt out of his character, even though it became an aspect of his personality for a while, especially Fishman Island. It seems that he's going to let that idea go, though.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am I the only one who kept checking mangastream after reading One Piece just to remember-- "Oh that's right, Toriko is over."

Holy shit, I'm only reading ONE series from Weekly Jump. Only one chapter to look forward to each week. This has never happened before in the last 10 years of my life!!!! So confused.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've picked up some good manhwa thanks to a cellphone app called LINE WEBTOON. It carries Tower of God, God of Highschool, Nobelese(don't mock me), and a cool new series named Bastard.

Idk if you're looking for more stuff to read I'd check it out

Chapter was lit, I hope we'll see Bobbin be a relevant fighter at some point even though that doesn't seem to be the direction he's taking.

Also I've been following a new jump manga called The Promised Neverland and it's been pretty good up til now, definitely promising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)