Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my B league is in trouble. Cam's out and I couldn't get Wentz in time earlier this week on waiver order. I grabbed Lynch yesterday, but dropped this morning for Hoyer because Siemian might be a gameday decision. Hoyer's all that's left, as is Winston, but Winston ain't reliable.
I'm matched up against you and I have both Winston and Wentz.

I'm matched up against you and I have both Winston and Wentz.
I'm actually not in any of the leagues here. Maybe next year.

FFS, I might as well change my team name to Bye.
I'm looking more into ATL and Denver later tonight, but from what I caught, Denver hasn't been that great against rush yards so far despite the overall defense highly rated. If your thinking about RBs, Freeman has a good chance to hit big, especially with Coleman's situation. Just a thought.

They announced Lynch to start after my last reply. Too late, just have to hope Hoyer does well.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I picked up Lynch to play after I posted that (and Brice Butler for Diggs assuming Dez is gonna sit or be cripplingly limited, actually I'll grab Patterson because I'm not going to win this week with a high floor playing two WRs from the same team that's for sure), and well obviously I have to play Freeman because I literally don't have any other choices. Still hilarious: elite QB injured, top WR on Bye with my next best WR injured and thank god I had the prescience to bench Floyd, RB corps is in shambles no thanks to drafting R1 Peterson. All I can say is, I'm fucking trying man.

Meanwhile, DT is WaterBomb's fourth best WR.

Last edited:
My B league may have a fighting chance, but I'm down 20 and my opponent had decent players left.

I have 19 points on my A right now, with only three guys left later tonight. My opponent has eight for later today and tomorrow. God, help me.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
My B league team just randomly had two guys not play due to injury and the remaining players have all put up a stinker. League A team looks good though.

I hope none of you rely on Olsen for a win, because I need him to suck dick for 60 minutes tomorrow. Facing him in both leagues and while my B should be OK (22 points allowed), my A can only take no more than nine points from him. He's been on and off on OK/good days, and we'll see what Cam's replacement does. Hope the fruits of some of you guys were enough for those tight wins.

managed to scrape out wins in 2 leagues, and just need Gano to score less than 16 points tonight to be 3/3 for the week.

somehow.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
managed to scrape out wins in 2 leagues, and just need Gano to score less than 16 points tonight to be 3/3 for the week.

somehow.
I could honestly see Gano scoring 16, given how bad the bucs defense is combined with a backup qb who may have trouble getting into the end zone.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I hope none of you rely on Olsen for a win, because I need him to suck dick for 60 minutes tomorrow. Facing him in both leagues and while my B should be OK (22 points allowed), my A can only take no more than nine points from him. He's been on and off on OK/good days, and we'll see what Cam's replacement does. Hope the fruits of some of you guys were enough for those tight wins.
Lol think you lost in both leagues

40 fuckin yards left. I don't get how you let someone like him go unchecked almost every single time he goes out. You can tell at the formation when he's going to route and they'll be throwing to him. Ugh.

*Edit*

Well, I'll take a 4-1 on my B (it's actually turning out more competitive than my A and I'm running a themed team too) at least. I would have been sad if both lost...

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
>League B
>2-3
>"If they played the same schedule as LonelyNess, Saints Air Raid would be 4-0"
>"Saints Air Raid would be 36-19 if they played every team every week."

ok
Still a little early for this complaint, considering yours is unlucky but not totally wack. Guarantee yours won't be the worst once we get to week 12 :).

In other news, my three teams are all over the place. My worst one is 0-5, where I'm in 15th place out of 16 teams and have scored 365 points total through 5 weeks. Some of this is my fault, as I drafted Julian Edelman, Jamaal Charles and emmanuel sanders with full knowledge of their respective situations. Couple that with drafting in the 16th position thereby lacking essentially a first round pick to begin with, I'm not surprised at where I am. Things are looking up though, as Charles is back and Edelman should pick up with brady back at the helm.

In league a, on the flip side, I'm currently 4-1 and in first place. I had the luxury of the first overall pick in this draft, which netted me Antonio brown of course. I also found myself with a surplus of rbs early, so I ended up trading shady McCoy for demaryius Thomas (which I might regret) and melvin Gordon for Aaron Rodgers. The most pleasant surprise for me has been Demarco Murray, who's effectively led my rb stable week in and week out. Jordan Howard was also a good pickup since it looks like he'll remain the starter even when Langford returns. The team's only weakness on paper looks to be tight end, but I can live with that given the general lack of production from the position across the league. Barring injury, I'm hopeful this team can finally deliver me that league a championship I've been coveting for years. We shall see though, as things change fast and often in fantasy.

i'm targeting Titans D in all 3 of my leagues this week.

Antonio Gates is on the wire in on league so i'm making a play for him, and in another league someone had Cam (out) and Bortles (bye) and dropped bortles for a streamer.

would LOVE to snatch Bortles away from him. put in for Tyrod too in case i don't, which is likely since i'm 9/10 in order.

also looking to pick up Cameron Meredith and DBooker wherever i can.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Every God damn year the league I do the worst in is League A. Stop working your voodoo magic on me WaterBomb

Stallion

Tree Young
>League B
>2-3
>"If they played the same schedule as LonelyNess, Saints Air Raid would be 4-0"
>"Saints Air Raid would be 36-19 if they played every team every week."

ok
I missed the playoffs last year with the second highest scoring team in the league. I also lost my matchup this week solely because my time zone prevented me from making 2 last minute changes. I'm with Waterbomb, it could be a lot worse.

Matt Forte tradable this week? He's had only two good games early so far and he plays Arizona next. Shaky, but I'm offering someone Pryor and Mckinnon for him. Only thing is that his workload should still be high. I have him on my A, so might try to trade him out for fun there.

Matt Forte tradable this week? He's had only two good games early so far and he plays Arizona next. Shaky, but I'm offering someone Pryor and Mckinnon for him. Only thing is that his workload should still be high. I have him on my A, so might try to trade him out for fun there.
someone offered me Forte for ARob and i almost laughed out loud.

no way Forte lasts the whole season and ARob is hopefully finally hitting his stride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)