Generic sprite project

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hi, so, I'm thinking it'd be nice to have some generic sprites in PS. Sprites that look kind of like pokemon but don't look like any specific pokemon.

So, for instance, kind of like Gen 1-2 had these: http://i.imgur.com/kRdM1Jm.gif

But instead they'd be full-size. I'm looking for: BW-style 96x96 frontsprites, BW-style 96x96 backsprites, and (optionally) XY-style 40x32 menusprites.

It'd be useful in future gens (like, gen 7), for, before we have sprites ripped, it'd be nice to fight with generic sprites instead of just big question-marks. It might also be useful for people who are testing made-up pokemon but don't have sprites.

It might be nice to have one for each egg group? Otter Power and Modeling Clay said they were interested.

Here are the 13 egg groups it'd be nice to have:

Monster: Pokémon in this group are saurian/kaiju-like in appearance and nature. (think dinosaur)
[RESERVED: a deer]

Water 1: Pokémon in this group are amphibious in nature. (think frog)
[RESERVED: TrainerSplash]

Bug: Pokémon in this group are insectoid (bug-like) in appearance.
Back, Front: [RESERVED: Modeling Clay]
Mini: DONE

Flying: Pokémon in this group are avian (bird-like) in appearance.
Front: DONE
Back, Mini: [RESERVED: Otter Power]

Field: The largest group, Pokémon here are terrestrial in nature. (think dog)
Front, back, mini: OPEN

Fairy: Pokémon in this group are petite and considered very cute.
[RESERVED: FellFromtheSky]

Grass: Pokémon in this group are plant-like in appearance.
[RESERVED: Otter Power]

Human-Like: Pokémon in this group are fully bipedal.

Water 3: Pokémon in this group resemble aquatic invertebrates. (think lobster, snail)
[RESERVED: Kris]

Mineral: Pokémon in this group are inorganic in nature.
Back: [RESERVED: Modeling Clay]

Amorphous: Pokémon in this group are amorphous, having no definite form. (think blob)
Back: DONE
Mini: [RESERVED: sunfished]

Water 2: Pokémon in this group are piscine (fish-like) in appearance.
Back: [RESERVED: Modeling Clay]

Dragon: Pokémon in this group are draconic in appearance. (think European dragon)

Last edited:

that bug flying though
if anyone wants to sprite the Bug/Flying general design feel free cuz i obviously failed for a "common" design

Egg Groups from Right to Left: Water 2 (fish), Mineral (Inorganic) and Bug Egg groups.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'll post a sprite, but could I submit a full artwork of the generic Dragon or Field? Other people could sprite from there, and I need something to draw.

Here's the MS Paint version of the Dragon artwork in case anyone wants to take inspiration from it. Feel free to improve upon what already exists! It's quite simple, so it's cool to see someone add details.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'll post a sprite, but could I submit a full artwork of the generic Dragon or Field? Other people could sprite from there, and I need something to draw.

Here's the MS Paint version of the Dragon artwork in case anyone wants to take inspiration from it. Feel free to improve upon what already exists! It's quite simple, so it's cool to see someone add details.
I can sprite it along with my others if you'd like
and yes I will make front/back sprites if possible for this project

ok

But seriously, I love that Human-Like. It really reminds me of Saitama from One Punch Man. It might get along with the Existential Crisis Cocoon quite well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)