Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
all im getting from my boxes are repeats, voice lines, and sprays :[. im close (<10 lvls) to my second star so hopefully i can grab a whole bunch of loot boxes from easy early levels. my favorite skins are the mercy, ana, and symmetra ones so hopefully i can get all of those before the event ends. really love this update tho, and weve got sombra + symmetra buff upcoming so im looking forward to those too.

the brawl is definitely pretty fun, though i think it has limited replayability as it gets boring after a few tries.

love the seasonal hollywood look, kinda fun to mix things up once in a while. not a ton to say here but im glad blizzard is doing fun stuff like this once in a while to keep things fresh.

Does anybody know if you get anything special for getting a perfect on hard mode? I've already done that for medium by the way.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Today has been a great day, new high of 2714. Go diamond, go! I've been getting better at Ana, which is really able to make the game easier if you land key sleep darts and good ults. Really nice since you can also dps, kinda like zen but with more survivability.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I'm so sad I missed this live. jesus christ what is even koreans? goddamn holy shit. that dash management, dash spacing/awareness in general... it's so fucking perfect and meticulous. gonna take me a LONG fucking time to do what he does.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
tbh it's most likely you'll never do that
Also yesterday must've been international cancer day, because what fucking awful teammates I kept getting

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I'm so sad I missed this live. jesus christ what is even koreans? goddamn holy shit. that dash management, dash spacing/awareness in general... it's so fucking perfect and meticulous. gonna take me a LONG fucking time to do what he does.
It's not just how good the Genji is alone, but the entire playstyle of their team was basically an enabler for the Genji. Winston basically was a huge distraction and does the extra damage needed to turn 2HKOs to OHKOs. Korean teams definitely do their double dive Winston/Genji better than western teams, and the speed at which they do things simply mean they don't really need to communicate much beforehand. It's more like they recognize when and what they need to do and just execute it in one comms.

Coordination and timing wise, Koreans are better imo. What's holding them back might just only be hitscan aim, probably fewer people with a high enough aim reqs in comparison. But that's about it. Always nice to see the great korean teams playing. Been mentioning that since like gosu weeklies but now's a good time to properly observe them !

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
You can toss mine into the mix but I haven't really played a lot of ranked this season because of school.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So the party I usually play with, one of them is quitting the game and selling his PC tmr (today), and he wanted to finish his placement games. We have our usual triple stack plus another support main, so like two supports two flex, though it's usually 1 tank 1 dps. Anddd the matchmaker tries to put like placement people with placement people, so we basically rolled the first few games we had? Then it was more like lol the matchmaker prolly finally decided to boost our team MMR and we waited forever to get a next match. We lost once twice, tied once, over like 8 games? (what do when you have like gold bastions on team feeding nano boosts lols). It was pretty awesome and we didn't really go full carry mode that we usually do. Just having some fun to finish our placements. However my friend finished his placements while I finished my 8th, and he got like 2990 or something, which is pretty good for a placement of 7-3 or 6-4 lols. Then the game after he finished placements he got to diamond. And guess what, I had one last placement left and LMAO we can't queue together cos we broke the rank gap. So yea sadly I haven't done my last placement yet :( and no further chance of us stacking to carry again I guess.

And omg there was one game my net freaking died on me and the enemy capped in overtime :| by the time I was back we were in round2 attacking anubis with like 3mins left or something idk. We would have won 2-1 had I not DCed. We won anyways lols. But my stats show I have an additional loss compared to what my placement animations show so i have no clue if that counted as a win / loss :/ sad

It was pretty fun tho! Also lol placements was basically smurfs + carry vs smurfs so lols. Was mainly rolling Zen and it was really great just melting everything. RIP my elim medals when they get stolen end game or when people start getting ults >:| hahahaa. Oh and a few games we literally ran triple support comps lololol. It wasn't even triple tank triple sup. It was me being Zen, our second healer Mercy, and the random having a Lucio usually instead of Ana. I think we ran like single tank (zarya) most of the time. I guess who cares about the meta when you can just wreck everything and do whatever b/c placements or comp in general aren't really fast at matching people to your own rank, tho I'd say the smurfs fights are more fun than fighting plat/diamonds.

Good memories to be had. Really fun to play comp in a stack just for the heck of it. No idea when I'll be finishing my last placement and with whom. Really want to get a second gold wep tho, but that'll take quite a couple of games. Oh and I just realised the threshold for insta gold is grand masters and not masters... that would just take forever and I have no time for that :| Best would be masters with like another 60 wins? which is like 100 games with a 60% win rate? D: no way takes too long .-. should have bought zen's s1 T_T but w/e mercy is nice too. Hope everyone's having fun !

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had a group of two people add me to ask why I played Ana for two rounds (a: ana is great b: outhealed the mercy) and I asked them why we had a Junkrat on attack.

"To do damage you [fucker]" yes but you didn't kill anything and I think their Lucio was breaking it down fairly often and so it was probably a hindrance. Also thanks for waking up my sleep darts means a lot.

Seriously is this game THAT complex that if D.va has her barrier up you don't keep shooting? Fuck me.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
>attack round
>everyone picks
>we lack a healer
>guy picks junkrat

tbh he deserves his computer to explode on his face
Then on the next match we got a leaver. We held until overtime because we were so much better. So yeah 6-6 slight SR lost. Fuck this shit.

sandshrewz

POTATO
In case anyone sees this, Rogue vs Lunatic-Hai APAC finals https://www.twitch.tv/bananaculture
EDIT: BANANA BANANA BANANA

EDIT2: I tried making a long post about this match like twice and my laptop crashed both times :( So I'll keep it short. LH seemed really disappointing in this game. They progressively tilted more and more throughout the games, performing worse with each game. Furthermore, they are really horrid with their team composition, making either poor composition picks, being late to deal with the enemy composition, or just outright failing and not attempting to deal with it in the slightest sense. They basically did 'keep trying the same things over and over and hope for a different outcome'.

They can't handle non-meta picks, and are over reliant on Ana being the core part of their team despite Rogue running a pure stall anti Ana line up in Anubis / Hollywood. Their composition is too rigid and outright refuse to explore other options when it was painfully obvious that their line up is straight up not going to work. If it wasn't obvious enough to them then I'd say they either aren't good enough, or they were too tilted to admit that Rogue was exploiting their over reliance on Ana.

Any team that doesn't have the flexibility is simply not going to become a top team. I'm not saying this as in you have to counter pick every single time like OW is a game of RPS (cos hero advantages aren't exactly that important). This is more of a 'not limiting your options' and not handicapping yourself kind of thing. If your team can only play a certain composition of pool of heroes, you're just going to get exploited by more flexible teams being able to play to their weaknesses.

LH tilted so hard they make basic ult economy and spawn mistakes. It was rather disappointing to watch. Rogue made the game look fun though.

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
Okay, updated the ladder list!
Yesterday was a good day. Played only in the afternoon, what led to winning quite more than losing and a lot of SR back. I am also feeling more comfortable with Winston, which is great to attack!
I already have most of the Halloween stuff, too!

The Rogue vs LH game was great, especially because it showed how powerful anti-meta picks are. This demonstrates there's no solid meta (other than 2 supports and to a lesser extent 2 tanks), even Bastion can be used in a pro game, to my surprise. Poor Torb tho.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
we've heard the new hero is coming sooner rather than later from the last video, blizzard usually releases stuff on tuesdays, moment in crime is at 98%, and we're approaching closer and closer to dia de los muertos. the stars are rlly alligning rn im pretty confident sombra should be coming tomorrow. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

edit: guess i could see a reveal tomorrow and ptr release the following week too

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
Double post but it's been 20plus hours and I think this is really worth sharing.

I think this guy has TF2 background? Not too sure. Anyway, his analyses are really on point. This is the first review I've ever seen from him and I'd say he's one I'd highly recommend watching if you want to understand deeper into the pro scene and what not. I don't think there's any casters atm that beat him in his reads. In fact he's the only person who I actually like 100% of the reads. He's already telling you stuff that'd happen in the next fight or like a few fights after. That's something not many casters can do, and probably can't do it anywhere near the accuracy he does.

There's only small things he missed like LH staying McCree in Nepal Village against Bastion, which he probably could have / should have criticized LH for but no big deal. And probably could have elaborated from the get go that LH was never going to win the mirror comp in Anubis offense, which I mentioned briefly live on Discord. LH basically had no power of good chance to wipe Rogue to cap the point, even with Nano Blossom. Rogue has positional, spawn advantage. LH had nothing other than a mirror comp, basically requiring them to clutch severely to cap the point. You can't wipe Rogue and LH can't prevent themselves from getting wiped when Rogue has either Blizz/ES/Grav at least one online the whole time. They have too much reliance on Ana for the sake of Ana. Zen Transcendence after baiting out Bio Nade or even Mercy Rez are the only good chances of beating Rogue. It's not something obvious in the heat of the moment though when Flare was basically just listing every single LH mistake so lols.

Haven't seen his other stuff but I'd say he's worth watching if you're interested !_!

#sandzapproved 1/1 haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)