2016 musics

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
not at all 2016 lol but this just went pretty viral and I thought it was amazing

anyone here listening to anything that isn't wildly publicized on pitchfork besides our metal friends?
yeah, https://rateyourmusic.com/collection/icirrus/strm_relyear,ss.rd/2016
mostly 2016 music i have liked has been dance music/rnb, but there's some other good stuff too like -

----------

suzanne ciani - buchla concerts 1975
pioneering electronic musician who recorded some experimental synthesizer compositions live in the 70s, really amazing stuff if you're into it

----------

maher shalal hash baz - hello new york

https://osr-tapes.bandcamp.com/album/hello-newyork-lp-cd-osr60

lo-fi indie, sounds like the velvet underground, its cool

---------

sun ra - in some far place: roma '77
something else recorded a few decades before but released in 2016. classic sun ra, avant-garde/free jazz, just amazing

Prayer is Omnia's best proper album since PaganFolk.

Already listened to it like 4 times without cringing or getting bored out of my mind.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
also, you can stream the new clipping album now, do it if you're into experimental rap o_o they're deffo pullin a lot more from their old, super abrasive sounds of midcity in places while blending in some of the smoother textured stuff, which i dig a lot
Really liked this one a lot, big step up from CLPPNG imo. Going to see them tomorrow night, which I'm looking forward to.

Metro Boomin is amazing lately - he produced 2 of the best tracks on Tinashe's new mixtape, which I highly rec, as well

yea i gave it a listen last night right before their performance on snl and it was good. cant remember the name of the song off the top of my head but the anderson paak feature was fantastic

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
RTJ dropped another single to 'celebrate' Trump winning the election! Highly recommend you give it a listen if you liked Early (also featured Boots on the hook)

Reactions: zf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)