Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime character is Yin from Darker Than Black, a Psychic who receives visions from water. Yukie Nakama, the actress depicted (incidentally, not voicing anyone in Darker Than Black. iirc she hasn't lent her voice to any anime characters), had a role playing Sadako Yamamura in Ring 0: Birthday. You know, the Murderous Ghost lady. The "Seven Days" lady. Yes, Her.

Pretty sure it's a hint at a Water/Ghost (maybe Water/Psychic) type, but that is just me.

Plus if it was supposed to be Silvally, it would have appeared after Type: Null, not before it with two spots in between.
It's not the water/ice ghost/psychic Pokemon everyone was expecting. Since the block is gone now, it was either representing Steenee and Tsareena, or Silvally. Silvally has the simpler, stronger association, and both Yin and Yukie took up one block instead of two.

I was playing telephone with a Pokejungle source so it's probably best disregarded
Not the worst game of telephone, I've seen. You were fairly close; close enough to get the gist of it. The Mandarin name for Silvally has "yin" and the word for "comrade/Nakama." It was a Chinese word riddle.

This is not big news but these back covers (found on Bulbagarden Forums) seem to point at Drampa and Turtonator being version exclusives and single stage Pokémon.

http://imgur.com/qZOl63m
http://imgur.com/7Nj4iyM

It's not surprising for Turtonator, but I did expect a pre-evo for Drampa.
Do we know if final evos get the Pokeballs?

It's not the water/ice ghost/psychic Pokemon everyone was expecting. Since the block is gone now, it was either representing Steenee and Tsareena, or Silvally. Silvally has the simpler, stronger association, and both Yin and Yukie took up one block instead of two.
ah.. huh... not sure how it has a stronger association, but ah well. slightly disappointed.

Alright.. About Drampa, Turtonator and whether they're single-stage...

It's back to speculation.
I just saw the full image of the boxart, and it's a composite image.
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14711051_10154023819497951_4004096418344771201_o.jpg

We were got. We were got good.
I'm confused on if it is the tip of the fin missing or something else. if it is the former, i believe it wouldn't be the first time an error like that has been missed. (The Wii remake of Okami has an IGN watermark on the boxart, for example) Still probably be skeptical... but i don't think this is proof it is a fake. (again, unless i am missing something)

ah.. huh... not sure how it has a stronger association, but ah well. slightly disappointed.
The Mandarin name for Silvally has "yin" and the word for "comrade/Nakama." It was a Chinese word riddle.

I'm confused on if it is the tip of the fin missing or something else. if it is the former, i believe it wouldn't be the first time an error like that has been missed. (The Wii remake of Okami has an IGN watermark on the boxart, for example) Still probably be skeptical... but i don't think this is proof it is a fake. (again, unless i am missing something)
The thumb and background have a different res than the boxart, and the caught screens are put together from previously seen images.

Anyone knows what the list of Pokemon at the bottom of the riddler's chart mean? I have been under the impression that the faded ones will get Alolan form but i'm not so sure anymore
I believe they're just existing Pokémon in the game that are not getting Alola forms. I'm not sure why certain ones are faded, but Staryu and Starmie were faded in a previous version of the chart, and now they're clear. Possibly the faded Pokémon are just ones that haven't been shown in trailers yet.

I am so stoked for the release. The dragon line looks interesting. I really like Silvally it looks like a bad ass griffin. Muk-A looks like it belongs in a rave.

Silvally is amazing. One of the best new pokemon of gen 7. I didn't really care for Type:Null but the revealed head really elevated the design. Its head looks part bird and part mammal yet it totally works. I especially love the top part of its head that changes color based on its type. It reminds me of a when a cockatoo raises the feathers on its head. With the helmet off, every body part feels more harmonized with each other despite being a chimera-like pokemon.

The Bounsweet line took an unexpected turn but I really like the designs. Steenee is adorable and acts as a nice transition. In general, the middle evolutions this gen have been surprisingly good and memorable. Tsareena is awesome. The boots, the crown, the pose, it all works and the design is sleek and elegant. Hopefully it gets some good fighting moves since it fits flavor-wise.

When I found out that the new region was going to be based on Hawaii, I knew that we would probably get a good amount of grass types but I seriously couldn't imagine just how good they'd be. The Rowlet line, the Fomantis line, the Bounsweet line, and Alolan Exeggcutor have become some of my favorite grass types ever.

Definately feel like Tsareena(Bomba) and Bruxish will be well known, either for being super annoying to deal with, or being super loved for what they do. I love the quirky abilities in this gen, really hope Wimpod gets a cool new ability when it evolves.

What I'm really hoping for though, is an evolution to Minior. If I'm not mistaken, all pokemon with "mini", "small", etc. in their names evolve to be something bigger. And minior is litterally like a foot or two long, I know some people are opposed to "It just gets bigger" But I would love nothing more than to own a massive meteor pokemon. The only thing that bothers me though is its ability, Such an in-depth form/stat change for a pre evo seems like reason to doubt. (Sadly)

What I'm really hoping for though, is an evolution to Minior. If I'm not mistaken, all pokemon with "mini", "small", etc. in their names evolve to be something bigger. And minior is litterally like a foot or two long, I know some people are opposed to "It just gets bigger" But I would love nothing more than to own a massive meteor pokemon. The only thing that bothers me though is its ability, Such an in-depth form/stat change for a pre evo seems like reason to doubt. (Sadly)
I believe Minior's name is actually a portmanteau of the words "mine" (think like a floating proximity mine) and "meteor," both of which it physically resembles. While "mini" could be an intentional and meaningful part of the name, I'm personally not convinced.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gonna sound like a random comment but I really don't see the problem with Olivia. It's a tropical Island, so aside from the shorts maybe being a little too short, the rest of her outfit is entirely fine and would be what you expect on an Island. Beautiful island women exist, and it's all the more subverted that she likes rugged Rock-types.

I'm actually quite pleased with all the character designs and how varied they are in appearance. A lot more darker-skinned opponents, which makes sense for the region (the notable exception seems to be... The Aether Foundation and Team Skull lol). I think they've done this very well.

Gonna sound like a random comment but I really don't see the problem with Olivia. It's a tropical Island, so aside from the shorts maybe being a little too short, the rest of her outfit is entirely fine and would be what you expect on an Island. Beautiful island women exist, and it's all the more subverted that she likes rugged Rock-types.

I'm actually quite pleased with all the character designs and how varied they are in appearance. A lot more darker-skinned opponents, which makes sense for the region (the notable exception seems to be... The Aether Foundation and Team Skull lol). I think they've done this very well.
People don't like Olivia? A lot of people like her from what i've seen

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People don't like Olivia? A lot of people like her from what i've seen
A few posts back people were commenting that the designs were getting more sexy / less kid friendly. My comment was basically that I didn't see anything wrong with her design. I think some people are reading too much into it because they are getting older and hormones are striking, i.e. the middle period between the end of nursing and the beginning of puberty has come to an end...

I think the clothing has also been extremely varied too, from all the T-shirts and the jewelry and other accessories. I think Nintendo has really stepped up their game for this generation's release. Can't wait to play the games.

I don't mind either, moreso because we have Kukui in the same generation showing his fantastic body.
Everyone needs a bit of fanservice (?)

And kids are kids: Either nothing is sexual or everything is sexual, so I wouldn't really mind about it.

Don't like Olivia's design and think just like a lot of female characters (actually saw this with the male professor to an annoying extent too) is just the amount of people that'll just make those "I want to marry 2d characters" and just start posting a shit ton of really weird photos of them lol.

I don't really care for her, just another character I'm going to whoop to pass through what sounds to be an easy in-game.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
A few posts back people were commenting that the designs were getting more sexy / less kid friendly. My comment was basically that I didn't see anything wrong with her design. I think some people are reading too much into it because they are getting older and hormones are striking, i.e. the middle period between the end of nursing and the beginning of puberty has come to an end...

I think the clothing has also been extremely varied too, from all the T-shirts and the jewelry and other accessories. I think Nintendo has really stepped up their game for this generation's release. Can't wait to play the games.
I think it's ok from an average anime/ manga/ video game point of view.
But some feminists just have to make something neutral into something controversial.

Can't wait until the demo comes out, I hope to lord, and I mean HOPE, that you can block z-moves with protect, if not they're going to be ridiculously strong....lord PLEASE LET PROTECT BLOCK IT.

Definately feel like Tsareena(Bomba) and Bruxish will be well known, either for being super annoying to deal with, or being super loved for what they do. I love the quirky abilities in this gen, really hope Wimpod gets a cool new ability when it evolves.

There's a theory that it might be a prevo to lunatone and solrock when looking at the design of the mon and the fact that lunatone and solrock are a moon and a sun while I'm on this topic, I hope lunatone and solrock get a mega evolution this game as that would make perfect sense

There's a theory that it might be a prevo to lunatone and solrock when looking at the design of the mon and the fact that lunatone and solrock are a moon and a sun while I'm on this topic, I hope lunatone and solrock get a mega evolution this game as that would make perfect sense
Very weak theory, more wishlisting than anything imho. Minior not only has a different typing, but it also has a very peculiar ability... We also hadn't any cross-gen pre-evo since 4th gen, and there're many cases of similar concepts for different pokémons (everyone thought Alomomola as a Luvdisc's evolution for example).

I think it's ok from an average anime/ manga/ video game point of view.
But some feminists just have to make something neutral into something controversial.
I don't think it's fair to act as if the complaints were baseless either.

I mean, that's like the perfect illustration of all the tired male gaze tropes Hollywood movies are filled with. It's not the deadliest sin in the world, but I would rather have done without that.

So, you guys are excited for the demo? I hope it'll help us tell important mechanics like if Protect blocks Z-moves, I personally hope it does.

hint I'm trying to change the conversation

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you guys are excited for the demo? I hope it'll help us tell important mechanics like if Protect blocks Z-moves, I personally hope it does.
Completely! More than what it officially reveals, I'm more excited on datamining and start to know how usable or not are my favorite Pokemon of this gen.
Mods, I recall you saying something about other thread for those news...Can I have a link so I subscribe to that thread or it doesn't exist yet?

About Z-Moves: They're one per game, so I believe they will have a weird mechanic. I actually don't bother too much about them because I honestly believe they wont be too frequent on the meta, here and VGC.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Completely! More than what it officially reveals, I'm more excited on datamining and start to know how usable or not are my favorite Pokemon of this gen.
Mods, I recall you saying something about other thread for those news...Can I have a link so I subscribe to that thread or it doesn't exist yet?

About Z-Moves: They're one per game, so I believe they will have a weird mechanic. I actually don't bother too much about them because I honestly believe they wont be too frequent on the meta, here and VGC.
The thread will be here Soon™

Also let's try to steer away from the Olivia / feminism talk, I've left the posts as they are but they're not needed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)