NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yh, switching vote to Texas
Okay the timeline for it went like this
Suddenly steven announces deadline was in 15 minutes which I thought differently
Under the assumption that fh and pancake were tied because there wasn't an updated vote count and he had a lot of votes last count and still a lot of suspicious I voted FH because I liked that lynch better after pancake's final defense though I still preferred a Texas lynch
Texas posts FH only has 1 other vote on him
I decide to switch back to texas since I'm way more confident that he is scum compared to FH
You switch off from walrein to FH then ask me to switch back to FH which I disagree with because a RNG lynch removes a lot of responsibility of the d1 lynch which is extremely bad imo
also I'm assuming if you think FH flips scum I'm more likely to be scum?

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yea, more likely. A 50% chance of a strong town read living is better than a 0% and the 3 who voted for whoever died would still have responsibility. You also changed your vote to someone else where it still wouldn't matter which doesn't make much sense to me.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Extended deadline

I reeeaaaally don't want to sub out, but recently i've been absurdly busy ;-;

If I can somehow find the time i'll conduct a mass ISO, but for now time's something I lack

what was that about it being paranoia mafia and scum not existing and everything else???

Lynch Former Hope
So just...lmao. Both you and Haruno don't seem to understand how this game works. The question town has to keep asking every new day is, "are there more mafia?". This includes the first day when the host explicitly goes out of their way to say there might not be any scum at all. However, because town is designed to know absolutely nothing about mafia, the more mafia does things the better off we are.

For instance, we now know there's at least one mafia who used one of their potentially limitless (or limited) kills. What that means is that we know for certain that we should lynch someone. But then the question comes up, was there only one? In fact, I would predict that after we get the first mafia (if we do...) then the second one will probably not kill. Which leads to the troubling situation that if we kill the first and there is a second one that doesn't kill, town has no way of knowing if there truly is a second terrorist, or if there was only one terrorist and town screws themselves over by continuing to lynch an all town village.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I never said pancake was a strong town read just he was slightly better than FH but not to the extent of letting a rng lynch pass imo also did you suspect texas at all?
I meant I had him as a strong town read from my perspective. Also meh Texas is neutral for me, he is an aggressive person in general from what I've seen of his posts outside of mafia so I don't think he'd have a bad scum game, he'd be good at projecting confidence.

Personally, I'm rather curious why both Walrein and Aubisio stopped posting towards the end of yesterday. Especially it makes me rather wary of Walrein since that was the exact same move DLE pulled in the basic game.

still slowly reading through the thread but a sudden disappearance near dl is almost always a scum trait. By that I mean that they were active right before deadline but 5/10 min before it they just disappeared

I did a quick iso of blazade. Had fun doing it XD

He supported ideas like lynching inactives ie: Flyhn/Om Room(betathunder)/Aubisio/Kinda Rssp1

He challenged people protecting betathunder ie: Walrein, Josh, Hawkie, Pancake

These reads are less useful because he townread Hawkie, said the logic was NA for Josh, and Pancake is dead.

Blazade Townread the talk between Haruno and Former Hope where they called each other scum.

Sources:

Flyhn is Flyhn, nothing ever changes for this guy

I'm willing to buy Josh's "Town is harder than scum" attitude but it doesn't ease my suspicion, only my investigation for now.

Texas actually seems to have gotten better, the defensiveness reads similar to when he was on the chopping block in neighborhood. I can see Twin being bullheaded here.

Everyone's giving me a reason to believe in them except the idlers, I'm calling All Village Trollfest.

pancake's opener is not impressive imo but he's busy so it's going to affect his image so eehhhhhh.

Aubisio's dropped off the face of the thread which would be alignment indicative if people weren't giving him shit for his behavior so idk.

rssp1 isn't having a specatular opening but I townread shubaka and he acted like this in DBZ (albeit with a few more useful posts)

I'd lynch in {Aubisio, Flyhn, Betathunder, pancake, rssp1} today
I love all the white knighting this Beta wagon is getting. From Josh I understand, but you guys DO realize that the too obvious argument to be scum argument doesn't work on a newbie right? Many of the scum, especially new scum in Basic, Bulletproof, and to a lesser extent Neighborhood didn't demonstrate even close to acceptable levels of arguments or activity even with experienced players helping them.

It is still far enough from deadline that the lynch is easily changed and when everyone just tells you to ignore someone when they aren't responding to pressure at all what motivation do they have to get off their ass? What ability do we have to snuff them out in the night with all VTs?

There are many ways for newer players to respond and I want to see Beta's.
Oy pancake I'm trying to work with you here, you're saying I haven't taken a stance on the issues but idk what issues you're talking about.

I don't want to lynch former and I probably won't lynch pancake over aubisio and betathunder today.

Hawkie's read has decayed slightly since I thought he was a newer player but he has experience on PS!/elsewhere so I'm a little more cautious but he's still really confident and everything.

Honestly the amount of non Betathunder people that defended him without Beta himself doing shit indicates to me that I should continue lynching him. I think there's a very good chance that at least one of those defenders is scum. The momentum and timing of the initial wagon wasn't D1NOCMISLYNCH because scum don't aggro onto the first wagon they can with over a day left hoping it sticks lol, and as I said I liked Texas, Former Hope, and Twin at the time.

I said activity is important this game and I meant it, and the content I've seen from Beta and aubisio isn't good. The difference is aubisio is more NAI and Beta potentially saw two town fighting and tried to subtly capitalize.

You want to know how we get D1NOCMISLYNCH? By compromising. If we all settle on a lynch that "makes sense" then chances are the scum are greenlighting it. I will stand firm until I have been given a proper reason to unvote.
I never said it was some master plot to play poorly and confuse us, I'm kind of confused by this interpreatation.

Flyhn is also unfortunately NAI (like just look at his past games this is par for the course) for now but that's also a reasonable lynch imo.

I am not tunneling in the sense that Beta will be lynched no matter what he says, quite the opposite, I am very willing to listen to what he has to say and potentially change my mind. I see a bunch of people making excuses for him and the only one who has any weight with it is Josh.

Conclusion:
Tbh I'm backing off of my support of a former hope lynch. Killing blazade makes little sense if scum wanted to keep former hope alive... they had other options in thetwinmasters and walrein.

Also this looks good on Haruno. Haruno has also been fairly consitant with how he played last game. I just wish he would read more because he misses a lot of key info :/

Still think Hawkie is town.

Well basically I think the way people are currently thinking is playing into scums hands :/

Read through the entire game again, probably won't do that any more.
  1. Dentricos
    I feel like he's doing a good job generating his own content and putting out opinions even if others may disagree with him. That along with his posting style makes me think he's town.
  2. Haruno
    He's posting little to no reasoning for any of his lynches, and is basically refusing to talk about the game aside from that. idt Haruno has ever played like this before, so maybe he's trying a new playstyle or something. Regardless, the way he's currently playing is v low effort and im inclined to call it scummy but the little he has posted hasnt been terrible in terms of scumminess so not sure how to feel.
  3. Josh
    The betathunder defense was probably entirely due to them being friends. I feel like he brings up good points and explains them well while not really tunneling on anyone. He seems town to me.
  4. Hawkie
    Still hasnt done much that would indicate alignment. He's playing like he always does, although the tunnel on former is kinda bad, I suppose.
  5. rssp1
  6. Thetwinmasters
    I feel like a lot of twin's content is questioning people which isnt that good, but I remember him having brought up a lot of content on his own so he seems fairly townie to me.
  7. Walrein
    I actually think walrein is slightly scummy for exactly one reason: almost all of his posts have been responding to people instead of him generating his own content/scumreads/etc. That's a thing that a lot of scum townleader-esque people do, so that doesnt really sit well w/ me.
  8. Former Hope
    He's kind of similar to hawkie in that he's only focusing on a couple things, but looking back his posts are a lot townier than I thought before. I still really dislike how he wants to lynch inactives though.
  9. OM room
    post more
  11. Flyhn
    Playing like he always does, although he has a lack of time which I can understand. The little he has posted seems townish.
  12. Texas Cloverleaf
    Nullread here, although texas has a lot of content it doesnt really push me to think he's town or scum. He has said some strange things and defended them well when questioned which means I ought to townread him, but I don't. I dunno.

I think right now the likelyhood of a person being scum on the pancake vote is Texas>Hawkie>rssp1
FH push by 2 suspects of mine makes me think he could be getting turbo lynched by a mafia
I'm pretty sure a blazade kill doesn't make FH more towny/less scummy unless I'm missing a big connection there

Thetwinmasters

Idk what betathunder is smoking that interaction seemed TvT

Vote Betathunder

Walrein is probably the bad one considering Snype's post on balance but I'm nowhere near addressing that conflict now.

I think a Hawkie lynch is bad he seems genuine atm.

Texas I am literally just back from work, calm your nips. I'll write more in a little bit.
In context it was talking about former and haruno. Also he has consistantly opposed Former Hope getting lynched. If former isnt looking to die day 2 keeping blazade in play makes sense no?

Oh and Betathunder isn't an activity lynch for me. When Beta sees two people fighting and tries to set up a lynch between them saying they both look sketch as one of his only pieces of content that pings me especially since Haruno v Former looked TvT to me (this is because they read as very argumentative to specially each other and kept explaining and elaborating points in reasonable ways. That's a sucmtell that works even now.

Hawkie's post is good, however. I've never seen Former Hope's scumgame but if this is it (I'm still gut leaning no) then that's a reasonable explanation.
Example #2

And though I appreciate you defending me, I fully admit that if I were scum I would play mindgames like that. However, I'm fairly sure Blazade was killed not because of me but because he was just the most towny seeming experienced player we had.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I'm rather curious why both Walrein and Aubisio stopped posting towards the end of yesterday. Especially it makes me rather wary of Walrein since that was the exact same move DLE pulled in the basic game.
i went to class

rssp1 expect some Original Contributions tomorrow if i have the time, after watching dle in acid city i completely understand that sort of scumread lol

most of the reason i've been responding to people as my primary method of contribution is that i haven't really had the time to sit down and comb through the thread for analysis, so i figure i might as well keep discussion churning in the meantime

the possibility/lack thereof of former hope killing blazade is completely WIFOM; the kill could have been former hope concerned about the scumread, or it could have been someone else wanting to frame former hope based on that, or it could have been former hope banking on us expecting the second scenario, and so on...

so i don't think that line of thinking's getting us anywhere

also i had a thought

i think optimal play if scum starts nokilling is just to no lynch until they start killing again, mexican-standoff style

chew on that while i sleep/go to class

I think right now the likelyhood of a person being scum on the pancake vote is Texas>Hawkie>rssp1
FH push by 2 suspects of mine makes me think he could be getting turbo lynched by a mafia
I'm pretty sure a blazade kill doesn't make FH more towny/less scummy unless I'm missing a big connection there
why would mafia want to turbolynch someone who is more concerned with lynching inactives than finding mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)