Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
this arg makes me want to die theyve been hyping her since before ANA what the fuck is blizzards issue

It's really unfortunate that the arg has been disappointing. I think they were onto something really cool but just the pacing and delivery of the whole event has completely ruined it. Oh well.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yay I got my gold weapon finally. got genji :D

I also 100% believe I'm over ranked anxiety. I'll pretty much only play ranked from now on even if im not warmed up unless I just wanna dick around, which is when I'll use qp.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749737390#post-3

Good to hear at least they don't simply average group MMR, but still wondering how they calculate expected mmr. Mostly normal stuff here. Also lol comparing personal performance still, no matter how minor. You probably can abuse this by playing heroes nobody plays like Sym/Torb and get some boost out of it, or play a high skill cap hero you're good at.

Good to hear win streaks makes your deviation increase. Side effect of that being people being lucky/unlucky and getting ranked inappropriately.

Also that brings the question, does streaks simply increase your deviation no matter how many games you played? Hope not. Streaks are bound to happen by probability and shouldn't increase deviation of someone who played like 500 games or something. #of games should take precedence at some point. Otherwise it would make ranks volatile unnecessarily.

Also seeing the matchmaker chance of winning instead of the average ranks in a game might be nice. It'd be rage inducing tho.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It seems they use a modified Glicko2, seems like PS used to do and one user on Reddit also talked about it. Good for me because the R thinks I should be higher (I still gain an average of +10 on one win one loss), but this makes things like the top 500 torb possible due to personal performance with the hero being high.

Streaks most likely increase deviation/uncertainty.

I don't think I could handle seeing the % chance of winning, that would definitely make me rage xD

Also finally got POTM with Soldier: 76, on Einchewalde first point defense! 4-man Tactical Visor + a Helix Rocket kill on McCree :D. That means I've officially gotten POTG/M with all characters n_n

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New PTR is here, there's a lot of changes and I like most of them. The torb changes make it... viable! If all his changes go through, I will main him!!
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749857162

On the pro side of things: Big choke from EnVyUs against Lunatic Hai. Was a fun match to watch, though, especially for that Mei blunder and his face lol

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
I really like the dva changes, but the biggest thing is definitely the movement speed while firing. Now, you can actually reasonably kill a lucio rather than just having him zoom around you being extremely frustrating to do enough damage to kill, and just generally does a better job of keeping up with the rest of the battle. She just feels like she works so much better and her gameplay is a lot more fluid. I dont think the HP buff was exactly necessary, but it definitely doesnt hurt. You could also make an argument that the extra hp is balanced out by the longer ultimate charge time (after losing your mech you can no longer get it back by spraying into a choke for like 10 seconds, the extra charge time is very noticeable).

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I was dumb and finished my placement and played a few more after instead of studying for my exam tmr xd i feel bad. I think that's enough OW for me for a long while.

Haven't watched the game but wow nv lost to lh ??? Maybe cos it's their first time against them idk, can't tell without seeing. That much be a huge confidence boost for LH, something they kinda needed after being demolished so hard by Rogue, partly/fully due to tilt.

I like the concept of having a really bold PTR that likely won't hit live till S2 ends. I'm super biased and don't like the idea of ults being slower to charge globally. Maybe at least have a few that aren't as badly affected. But it's definitely worth testing it on PTR. I don't see it hitting live immediately when Sombra gets released though. Probably after World Cups, no idea when that is. Really great to test it because why not it's PTR. Maybe I'll post in future about whether or not I feel it's a good thing if I can ever get myself to be unbiased about it xD

Also dam doing random stuff in QP is fun. Was playing pew pew gun Mercy whenever people weren't dying and got career best 10 elims. Not a lot but it was super fun xD I had a guy add me probably because it was being too hilarious going around murdering things with a pew pew gun.

I played comp today pretty auto pilot, couldn't be bothered playing properly hahaha. But lol Reaper Nano Lucio Amp is soooo ridiculous you get free wins out of that thing. Also kinda partially why I play Zen to Trans against that thing occasionally. Just tell my friend to poke Ana more to force nade out so I can Trans uncountered. Playing brain dead once in a while is fun. Also saying NAISU to Koreans in chat really works well I think xD And idk why they type ty as tk lolol.

All I did in text was like naisu !

What do you guys think about Bastion? I don't think he really fits right now, in the context that he's either really good or really bad, depending on the game.
This inconsistency makes it difficult, if not impossible, to play in a competitive setting. I like his concept, but I think he needs either a new ability or some balance fixes to make him more viable in the meta.

What do you think?
Ideally, changes should make him more fun and reliable to play as, with, and against.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ur a wild man, sunny004

Overwatch is a game where your team has to support one another to be successful, things have to flow smoothly and teams need to watch each others back. Bastion doesn't really do that without a team dedicated to helping him. The way Bastion plays is sit in a single spot and shoot shit, which he does very well. Generally you want a Rein shield in front of him and a healer supporting him because he can't heal himself against a team with even a quarter of a brain So that means you're already 3 characters dedicated to a certain strategy, which doesn't work in qp or comp because communication isn't a strong point in public matches. However, when teams are dedicated to helping the bastion do things, the bastion does those things fairly well if the bastion player isn't a dumb dumb. I don't believe bastion will ever be a staple on a competitive team simply due the fact basically the entire team has to support it. Bastion is crippled in the sense has to set up to do the most damage, and he cannot move while doing that damage.

Another factor is heroes like Genji and Tracer existing, and a plethora of players are fantastic with those heroes. In a meta like we currently have bastion will never do anything because they exist, having to remain in one place is such a hinderance in a game that has so much movement and team fights

As a ROB player in Smash I think Bastion is an awesome and adorable character. He's not the most viable though, but when you're a stationary target there's nothing you can really do to fix that without making it OP. :( One thing I do wish they'd do is replace his self heal with something actually useful, it's literally such a bad ability and is really boring to use too. I'm not sure what they'd give him though...

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
How about a temporary forward only facing shield that lasts between 1 and 3 seconds (and can be used while primary firing)? It can be something simple that has a marginal hit radius prevention which would enable Bastion to duel a genji while also lowering the need to have a Reinhard to shield. Change his armor to a regen shield and you're solid.

i love bastion, i even have his gold gun. There are a few things that could be done to fix him. One method is to make his recon form more viable, whether through an alt fire or something else im not sure. The concern with that is making him too similar to S:76. Otherwise, I think improving his self heal or giving him some sort of shield is the way to go. Maybe an ability that uses Ganymede as a scout? Bastion is a hard character to balance : (

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like the bird scout idea tbh, would put a real use to it other than just sitting on your shoulder

Ganymede scout would be sooo cute! How would it work though? Would you like take control, or would it just like alert you if there was an enemy behind you or something? Or is it something you'd activate that would gather information of some sort on its own? What that information would be I would have no idea... Maybe reporting the ultimate statuses of the enemy team? I mean, it would be nice to know when Hanzo has his Dragonstrike, for example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)