Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Spy will always be weak competitively because good team communication invalidates a spy's ability to convincingly pose as an ally. That teammate isn't in that location, it's a Spy. That's an issue that simply can't be balanced around within the confines of the game.

Getting backstabs in competitive involves camping for extremely long times and avoiding sight entirely until you get the Medic pick, so yeah the disguise kit is pretty useless (although the Scout disguise makes your frame a bit smaller.) I'd argue that while neither class has much consistent potential for offensive plays, Pyro's ability to counter an Uber puts them above the Spy.

/r/tf2 is in fantastic form. Apparently we need extensive testing to recognize that having more than 1 Demoman per team in 6v6 is completely retarded.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/r/tf2 is in fantastic form. Apparently we need extensive testing to recognize that having more than 1 Demoman per team in 6v6 is completely retarded.
Lol /r/tf2 has been getting progressively bad. IMO (don't kill me), a good portion of people who know their stuff completely ditched TF2 and its sub for OW, myself included. To begin with, the sub itself wasn't generally well informed, and have been getting worse that I don't even read it much anymore for a long time, only checking for like updates and when the comic is coming soom^tm.

--

And really, the updates have been nothing but disappointments ever since comp mm got fully released. Honestly it feels so unpolished and not much different from its Beta. Granted, they've made some improvements to it. Probably the best update was having bots to sub in for a DC, that is really awesome, but is the only good update I can remember lol. The devs really can't get their priorities straight man. They have no business in touching some weapons and then completely ignore the actually problematic weapons, even though the pro scene has been supposedly giving them feedback on that already.

Their vision for their own comp mm 6s is hardly pronounced. Sure if they want to make no class limits, then they had better balance classes to not become ridiculous when stacked. OW took the right direction with hero limits after realizing that it's impossible to properly balance stacked heroes and that 1HL was the best and most fun option. If TF2 aren't going to be making changes, then at least just make use of the widely used 6s format and everyone would be happy. Just use 6s class limits and rebalance weapons with 6s in mind.

They have showed nothing but incompetence and following all but the right direction. I've basically lost all confidence of TF2 becoming any better, and only hope that it just doesn't get worse lol. I pity the pros who have still stuck by this game for so long; maybe they find it more fun or whatever. But there's hardly any future for the game unless a miracle happens / change of TF2 dev direction. Not trying to promote OW, but if pros/players want a future in their games, they should really be making the jump unless they like the game mechanics that much. I do miss the whacky jumps and air strafing but I've had enough of all the problems TF2 face that the fun it provides is no longer worth tolerating all its flaws. By all means if it's a preference thing people cling onto the game but don't be too hopeful.

I'd rather the game revert back to like GM or L&W days, though some might even prefer an earlier era. Those were more hopeful times and less dumb changes were made.

/rant

iz ded gaem

/r/tf2 was always a cesspool, don't think it's any worse than it was 2 years ago or something.

I don't even think they made improvements to matchmaking since beta. Well, if you call absolutely essential features "improvements", then yea but in the end the beta seems to have been utterly useless. Completely ignoring 9 years of what the competitive scene built is straight up insulting. But hey, these are the same people that thought Atomizer and Darwin's Danger Shield were a good idea, figures.

They have no vision. They don't even know themselves what they're looking for and it's all just pointless.

I am really happy that a lot of the players I used to watch and learn from can now make a living in esports thanks to Overwatch. I don't like the game and don't follow it, but still. Those guys deserve it.

The right time to push competitive TF2 was 3-4 years ago when the yearly international LANs started. In hindsight, I have no idea why we ever had faith in Valve, they don't care for the game, just the money it makes. And because they didn't take care of the comp community, they only get money from casuals because that's who the game appeals to the most unfortunately.

Oh well, it was nice couple of years, time to move on.

If any TF2 players wanna group up for OW this weekend, complain about every mechanic and yell at kids to get off our lawn, hit me up.

Good thing to know I don't own a mac and that TF2 still lures me in due to its prevalence of a white, male, and rather racist cast instead of diversity.

So, there's apparently gonna be some 'Jungle-themed update' in the upcoming months, which could be cool or not idk. Seems like it's some other workshop content mass dump.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How were the Saxxys this year? I love watching those but haven't been doing anything TF2 related in forever.

If any of you actually still bother to play, are you guys into trading? I got pretty immersed to it after getting 2 vintages, a mercenary SMG skin, and a few hats after 2 months of trading since being a f2p with 4 scrap on my pocket. Any of you have any cool items obtained from trading or have been unfortunate enough to be ridiculously scammed?

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I used to be big into trading, I started in late 2014 and it practically sucked me in. On the whole, trading is a really fun way to spend time in tf2 but it has certainly changed. For one, keys cost an arm and a leg and the fact that the low tier item market is oversaturated with bots definitely doesn't make obtaining them any bit easier. Unusual trading can be pretty slow as well but there's definitely still room to make good profit and you can be incredibly successful if you know your shit. If you really want to get into trading I'd honestly buy a bunch of keys via PayPal and go from there buying quicksells, flipping them for profit and the likes seeing as otherwise, it can be really difficult to get into unusual trading. I'm mostly retired but feel free to hmu on steam if you want to chat about trading.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Used to hugely into trading but that died when I stopped playing (laptop couldn't handle the game anymore).

Got scammed out of an Unusual once because I'm an idiot. I still have the item I got from it (a Genuine Merc's Muffler iirc) because it was a cosmetic you could turn into a Strange.

My prized possession I traded for is a Strange Professional Killstreak Kritzkreig called "UNLIMITED POWER!!!" (I gave it the name.) I traded away an Australian Rocket Launch, Buds, and some other stuff for it. I think Strange Kritz became easier to get later on because of a new crate but that was like a year and a half after I got mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)