Pokémon GO

Revives seem to be dropping again, got 15... was as low as 6 yesterday.
even after using a few leveling a gym due to random stuff being added halfway through my team selection

I just hatched Electabuzz from 10k egg.. caught 3 over the weekend as well, new one has best moveset and over 82% IV.
got the CAUGHT poliwrath with 82% IV sat in a gym (with bubble Hydro Pump) at 1930 CP.
my caught poliwrath is mud shot ice punch and 300 cp. u suck.

mine had only 700 and something :P I have 2 other Poliwraths from hatched Poliwags with the other moves.
I also caught a 1018 CP Vapreon on Saturday 77% IV with water pulse :/
I caught a low CP 82%+ slowpoke a while ago I'm slowly working up.. waited forever for a decent slowpoke and that is what happens.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Huh, thinking about it Trick-or-treating would be a pretty good excuse opportunity to go around your neighborhood/town/city playing Pokemon GO. Not only are you walking far there's plenty of people around so hopefully, as long as GO players stay in a group and populated areas they should also be safe. I feel someone should come up with tips & ideas about this.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/halloween-treats-in-pokemon-go/

seriously Ninatic... making Ghastly Zubat and Drowzee more common?
I already have 3 gengars and enough candy for a 4th
Zubat.. common already
Drowzee makes pidgey look rare
but DOUBLE CANDY!!! starting Wednesday, tempted just to hold fire until wednesday to go out though as I got a 10k AT 7.4K atm, if it hatches into a Snorlax or Lapras or even Dratini it should be enough candy to climb it up, same with 5K, if something decent hatches.

Damn, I actually got rid of this app because I never used it. But more candies and "spooky" pokemon sound intriguing. Not enough to make me download it again though.
Huh, thinking about it Trick-or-treating would be a pretty good excuse opportunity to go around your neighborhood/town/city playing Pokemon GO. Not only are you walking far there's plenty of people around so hopefully, as long as GO players stay in a group and populated areas they should also be safe. I feel someone should come up with tips & ideas about this.
You never need an excuse my friend. Screw what other people say

In terms of tips, I think it'd be similar to what you said. Go with a group, and try to stay in populated areas, probably places you're familiar with. Maybe have a specific route and amount of time you'll be out? Be aware of your surroundings (as usual), try to stay away from suspicious activity.

A cute idea would be to go as the gym leaders with two other friends. Or you could as "creepy" Pokemon like Gengar. If you're good at crafts/cooking, you could create treats based off of Pokemon Go, like candies or cookies. Either hand them out if you're not going out, or keep them for yourself/your friends. In general, this sounds like a good opportunity to get a hunting/trick-or-treating party together.

Also because it'll be Halloween, you won't get in trouble for looking for Pokemon on other people's property (well, in theory).

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/halloween-treats-in-pokemon-go/

seriously Ninatic... making Ghastly Zubat and Drowzee more common?
I already have 3 gengars and enough candy for a 4th
Zubat.. common already
Drowzee makes pidgey look rare
but DOUBLE CANDY!!! starting Wednesday, tempted just to hold fire until wednesday to go out though as I got a 10k AT 7.4K atm, if it hatches into a Snorlax or Lapras or even Dratini it should be enough candy to climb it up, same with 5K, if something decent hatches.
Ghastly and Drowzee aren't as common where I live, so it'll be nice.

I had a debate in another forum, and apparently it is the norm to jack maxed gyms by corroborating with rival teams and kick out the lowest Pokemon for themselves. I honestly can't take betrayals and selling out teammates like this. Anyone having this same problem as well, or opinion? I wonder about how others overseas see this problem.

It is a little annoyance to me as someone who grew up with Pokemon and strategies, but I worry about the future of Pokemon GO with these kind of players. Their arguments boil up to "just throw Dragonites", "play harder", "that's game, losers always complain", or "git gud". Or "don't be egoistic, we want coins, and you should buy lures for everyone like we do". Seriously, I feel this is so wrong, I regretted going out from my Harmony neutrality. They are going to drive out newcomers and hurt GO's metagame. What are others' opinions?

Ironic, people used to complain that gyms can barely be defended, but now I am wishing if only soloing Lv10 gym won't take too much time in this time of stagnation. Or maybe if Niantic will explicitly forbid this as they apparently do in Ingress....

... Hallows are actually times of sorrow and tragedy to me since last year, so I think to pass. I don't think I have anything worth it, if only I already have Laplace yet. And at least I don't have Gengar yet, but Zubat and even Golbat is practically omnipresent here, ugh....

the problem is, there ARE people soloing high level gyms.. we got a level 6 gym... it got taken down within 24 hours because fruitcakes fill the low end with junk or middling pokemon, the only issue these high level gyms bring is leveling them up to put stuff in, Dragonites actually HELP leveling up gyms due to scaling, they have the highest CP in the game, so you can use the half CP rule on the dragonite, which means the low/middling stuff is practially the same CP as the stuff you will use to clear them (Parasect \o/).
when a level 7 gym gets cleared by some level 15.. I mean what? how has a level 15 took down a gym with level 26+ players using the strongest defenders in the game, in HALF the slots.
some of the gyms I have seen are actually a Joke... one level 10 Gym the lowest CP was 2001
Zubats suck, Golbats are even worse, one of the hardest catches in the game, and zero competitive value, same with Gengar, far too squishy and Drowzee can just get lost, just because Niantic HQ is in a low Drowzee/Zubat/Ghastly are doesn't mean everyone else wants MORE of them.
can't even exploit the event for the local nests because the nearest one is Caterpie... and decent ones are far away, MIGHT try and go to a Mankey nest.

its great.. I take gyms every day holding 3... yet these revive junk gets increasingly frustrating because on some days (especially today and tomorrow) I wont be spinning many pokestops meaning I might not get any, and possibly use 6, and these are NOT bought for coins in the shop.
I own and take gyms because I worked on it.. there is currently a level 33 dude with a freaking 1981 Hypno.... Hypno is a pain in the backside to remove, but when its near enough my Poliwrath CP, WITHOUT the easy counter. if I was level 33 I would have 2.3 or 2.4k CP Gyarados or something.
I will of course be looking for more Magikarps during the event.

according to HP/DEFENCE stats... Poliwrath is the 3rd strongest defender, yet gets removed by random low 20's players at 1980 cp....
Hypno is in there, and Dewgong is #20 (yay dewgong :D) exeggutor is only #21 the problem with this is ALOT of the bottom end stuff, are Golem, and Nidoqueens etc, that are weak to a lot of the common attackers.

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had a debate in another forum, and apparently it is the norm to jack maxed gyms by corroborating with rival teams and kick out the lowest Pokemon for themselves. I honestly can't take betrayals and selling out teammates like this. Anyone having this same problem as well, or opinion? I wonder about how others overseas see this problem.

It is a little annoyance to me as someone who grew up with Pokemon and strategies, but I worry about the future of Pokemon GO with these kind of players. Their arguments boil up to "just throw Dragonites", "play harder", "that's game, losers always complain", or "git gud". Or "don't be egoistic, we want coins, and you should buy lures for everyone like we do". Seriously, I feel this is so wrong, I regretted going out from my Harmony neutrality. They are going to drive out newcomers and hurt GO's metagame. What are others' opinions?
My opinion would be: "if you don't want to use the best tools, don't complain when others do".

Yes, teaming up with a friend from a rival team is the best tool to get your Pokémon in the best possible gyms. Even if I'd rather have it completely banned, I'll definitely use it since it's how I get the most coins, before getting myself victim of this.

I would only use it to remove the stupid 200-1000 cp useless junk people put in for no reason.
oh and new update.... seriously, thanks a lot Niantic, swapping pokemon when attacking gyms seem to now have delay, down to only 6 freaking revives due to OP lapras (not very effective quick move from 2100 cp lapras doing more then flamethrower from my 1607 arcanine, BS) and Op vileplume (again stupid damage with not very effective)

speaking of tools fast pokemap is back..ish

does anyone know for sure whether or not I can delete pokemon go and then redownload it and still keep all my save data? I'm 99% sure its a yes since it should be saved on the account but i want to be absolutely certain. I have this bug where the area around my home doesn't show up on the map for some reason, and its a phone specific problem (not tied to my account), so i think that might fix it, but i'm not sure. Also does anyone recommend holding off on the update, or should I just go ahead? Also hype for this halloween event, I need to grind candies for evos and figure out the new spawn points around my neighborhood.

the current update doesnt change much tbh, do like the smaller font on the pokemon move screen though, and the eggs are different colours.
hopefully it has also fixed the annoying as hell, needing to login junk, which resets all the settings, because it just log in automatically.
also taking advantage of the haloween event, by holding on to a few pokemon I would normally transfer, and then transfer them for double candy.
so far Squirtle and Nidoran F today sat there.
nearly enough for a Nidoqueen so important I get as much as possible, I do HAVE one I caught but its junk, this is good IVed evolved one.
I also have 81 Dratini candy, so 3 or 4 of those during the event will be very handy 4 is 24 candy during the event afterall, wil get AT LEAST 1 from buddy dragonair, so that would cover the cost of a dratini evo. (91% dratini, dragonairs are below 75% so rather invest in the dratini) and if the 4 suck thats 8 from transferring meaning I would need another 12.
so hopefully I find 6 :D
but I won't because all i will see for are week a Drowzee

Last edited:
does anyone know for sure whether or not I can delete pokemon go and then redownload it and still keep all my save data? I'm 99% sure its a yes since it should be saved on the account but i want to be absolutely certain. I have this bug where the area around my home doesn't show up on the map for some reason, and its a phone specific problem (not tied to my account), so i think that might fix it, but i'm not sure. Also does anyone recommend holding off on the update, or should I just go ahead? Also hype for this halloween event, I need to grind candies for evos and figure out the new spawn points around my neighborhood.
I changed my phone and everything was still there so don't worry.

Also, the update is just cosmetic, and it adds the important battery meter for Go+. So yeah, go ahead and update it.

oh and 2 people put low CP junk in a gym (100 odd cp weedle and 400 odd dratini)
now my Hypno is sat in a 1500/2000 level 1 gym.
this is beyond frustrating as those slots are wasted by junk, I dont have many revives to replace cleared stuff because they get cleared out of gyms do to lack of things protecting them.
oh and another nidoran F caught 99 candy.... still saving for event as I might need to power it up.
why is cubone not spooky while Drowzee is?

Last edited:
oh and 2 people put low CP junk in a gym (100 odd cp weedle and 400 odd dratini)
now my Hypno is sat in a 1500/2000 level 1 gym.
this is beyond frustrating as those slots are wasted by junk, I dont have many revives to replace cleared stuff because they get cleared out of gyms do to lack of things protecting them.
oh and another nidoran F caught 99 candy.... still saving for event as I might need to power it up.
why is cubone not spooky while Drowzee is?
You know, I too would love to get some cubones this Halloween, but I would like it even more if you could just stop bitching in this thread. Literally all i've seen you do is complain in every single post as if you're entitled to have every single thing in this game go your way all the time. If all you're going to do is complain i'd rather you do it elsewhere or just stop playing this game that seems to piss you off so much because its really getting on my nerves and I really don't think its in anyone's best interest to refrain from telling you how annoying you are (which I have been doing until now). Seriously man, can you just lessen how much you post on this thread and just be more thoughtful when you do? No one is interested in constantly reading about how you could only 3 gyms in one day instead of 5 because of those damn revives and people putting weak mons in gyms (there's no way they could also want to collect coins and don't have as much going for them in this game as you, right?), followed up an offhand "oh yeah i got this cool new mon today too." Discussing how the game is going for you once in a while is fine and I appreciate the enthusiasm, but its really just so irritating after a while, and if you could just reread over your posts (or at least count how much you have posted) and just think twice before clicking that button, it'd be swell. Also, just try to approach this game with a positive attitude, its meant to be fun, not some sort of competitive do-or-die grind. Just play the game and enjoy the halloween bonus.

entitled? no, and yes they do want to collect coins, but entitlement doesn't come into it, there is no level that accounts for 100 CP weedles in Gyms, which get cleared out leaving useless level 1 gyms, for other people, that shock horror, want to also collect coins.
and no, I take 3 gyms a day because I live near 3 gyms, nothing to do with revive numbers, thats an issue Niantic have recently added, and this rubbish gets put in gyms, that then end up at 6 or 7.. I then have to somehow wade through Lapras and Snorlax with half, or near half CP to level the gym up myself to claim coins. when these players could have put something stronger in, and helped the team, or deterred the other factions from having a go in the first place.
and knocking a gym down to 1500/2000 and leaving it, you are not claiming coins, you are just removing stuff from a gym and stopping others claim coins, the gym hasn't changed hands. so its as valid a frustration as those people USING other factions players to remove stuff. if not possibly the same thing given I see a couple of multi-accounters around here.
it is still a valid question as to wtf is spooky about Drowzee, an already common pokemon for A LOT of people, and not cubone, which isn't, I do approach it with Positive attitude, but Ninatic seem to do their utmost to annoy the playerbase with stupid descisions, such as the non-existant tracker, the 30MPH thing, the revives vanishing from pokestops, because I used to actually discard them at one point along with potions and razzberrys because I hardly had space for pokeballs, and trying to block maptrackers, which over here right now, is easier to find nests then the silph road atlas, because where they are placed isn't always somewhere a lot of players go, and part of the enjoyment of those was to see whats going on elsewhere, especially if I was going there in the near future.
oh and given Niantics lack of information on such things its something to post about to see whether others are experiencing it, and to see if they have a workaround or, like me, seemingly get a load in a bulk 30 minute time period.
so what exactly am I entitled to? trying to catch some new pokemon? instead of having the most common thing in the entire region being even more common? that last post was expanding on something I posted before, with the rubbish in gym things.
Because I care for this game, and trying to, as you put it, enjoy it, gets rather bummed by such decisions, so correct it is supposed to be fun, but at the end of the day, you tell me how bummed you would be if they announced that pidgey and rattata spawns were to be on increased rate, during an event where there are bonuses for things you catch, because it is all well and good having bonus candy but it isn't really a bonus if its for common stuff, then its an irritant when the common stuff is replacing things you actually want candy for.
its not like I'm asking for 100% IV Dragonites ffs, just not to play Drowzee simulator, because Drowzees, at 400+ cp are not easy catches, Zubats I can manage, and ghastly has a lower catch rate then Drowzee

I have already said what I am going to do to enjoy the Halloween bonus despite the drowzee rubbish, so its not just Negative.
so hardly excessive posting, given the new patch the event. which BTW means I have to miss a day going out spinning a load of stops to stop my 10k egg hatching.
Competative? yes, but I earn my right to take and own these gyms through the effort and enjoyment of catching/leveling/hatching the decent stuff, its not like I'm level 33 with 3 dragonites like some people around here.
I play my way, other people play thier own way, but I still post here saying my plans etc, incase people want to follow the route, I take, but also not everyone lives in the same Biomes, so what they experience and what I experience are different, I like to see that myself, so I SHOULD not also post the pitfalls and problems of these same methods of play? Because some people level up as fast as possible, other people MIGHT see that as the best thing ever and encounter the pitfalls of having nothing to hold/take gyms with to earm coins for things like bagspace
so no its not entitlement its just the simple fact that Niantic are ignoring the playerbase and are not helping themselves with this Drowzee rubbish, yes Hypno is decent.. but really, it isn't spooky, while Cubone would be a far better option, given where you actually catch the thing in red and blue.
so as I sad, not entitlement, the entire point of the game is to catch em all, and given we don't have trading, which would give us a reason to catch all these drowzee in the first place, to trade with those without, we are stuck with the worst possible scenario, I just want an even playing field with the rest of the world, USA has plenty of nice nest parks, all my nearby nests are on Golf courses, or the main large park is currently Caterpie.
oh and I posted about ghastly because, for me over the past months, it has become more common then it used to be, gradually, and am curious if others have seen more of them over time.
everyone knows about Zubat.
so we shall see what happens regarding this, because the recent spawns have been very good, I just hope Niantic don't CHANGE current spawns for this event, and instead ADD them as extras, so then the extra stuff becomes another Halloween Bonus (in The normal stuff still spawns, as it did before, unchanged, and these bonus spawns are therefore extra dust).

oh while I'm here, catch rates, I want to know what your experience is regarding these badges, because so far I have found it easier to catch Red circle or dark orange then yellow-green area even if the red circle has a lesser badge buff (dragon) then say.. a pidgey or a zubat (2 badges in gold), because this hasn't really been worked out yet, in terms of what this badge buff does.
oh and my curveballs have stopped registering again, which isn't helping with the above research, as that is also a multiplier.
I did miss the 4x candy for buddies though.
meaning I have descisions on what to do.
Stick to dragonair (5KM per candy)
switch to Golem/Magikarp/Jigglypuff (1KM per candy)
go with Snorlax (again 5KM)
or Charmander/Grimer/ponyta/Vulpix (3KM)

oh and buddy pokemon again, before I finish, as looking up that info stumbled across this interesting thing
http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-go-daily-quests-feature-discovered-in-the-game-metadata/

daily quests, NOW that IS a change i can get excited about, mentions thinks like Incubators... which is a rather nice reward for doing stuff, (again another thing i need those coins for :P)

Last edited:
Yes it does. I did delete and redownload in hope to reduce the crashes when I check my units (nah, it still crashes a lot) and everything is still there. Think the "game saves" is server-side. I wonder what happened to your phone though, this is something I've never heard of....

Suppose I'll just have to stay strong. Dragonites do give high prestige in training, but... not going to talk about it anymore, nyah. I noticed my lower-level Victribell? hasn't been kicked out yet since few days, so I may want to take my time to hunt gyms in the eastern side of my city another time.

Last edited:
entitled? no, and yes they do want to collect coins, but entitlement doesn't come into it, there is no level that accounts for 100 CP weedles in Gyms, which get cleared out leaving useless level 1 gyms, for other people, that shock horror, want to also collect coins.
and no, I take 3 gyms a day because I live near 3 gyms, nothing to do with revive numbers, thats an issue Niantic have recently added, and this rubbish gets put in gyms, that then end up at 6 or 7.. I then have to somehow wade through Lapras and Snorlax with half, or near half CP to level the gym up myself to claim coins. when these players could have put something stronger in, and helped the team, or deterred the other factions from having a go in the first place.
and knocking a gym down to 1500/2000 and leaving it, you are not claiming coins, you are just removing stuff from a gym and stopping others claim coins, the gym hasn't changed hands. so its as valid a frustration as those people USING other factions players to remove stuff. if not possibly the same thing given I see a couple of multi-accounters around here.
it is still a valid question as to wtf is spooky about Drowzee, an already common pokemon for A LOT of people, and not cubone, which isn't, I do approach it with Positive attitude, but Ninatic seem to do their utmost to annoy the playerbase with stupid descisions, such as the non-existant tracker, the 30MPH thing, the revives vanishing from pokestops, because I used to actually discard them at one point along with potions and razzberrys because I hardly had space for pokeballs, and trying to block maptrackers, which over here right now, is easier to find nests then the silph road atlas, because where they are placed isn't always somewhere a lot of players go, and part of the enjoyment of those was to see whats going on elsewhere, especially if I was going there in the near future.
oh and given Niantics lack of information on such things its something to post about to see whether others are experiencing it, and to see if they have a workaround or, like me, seemingly get a load in a bulk 30 minute time period.
so what exactly am I entitled to? trying to catch some new pokemon? instead of having the most common thing in the entire region being even more common? that last post was expanding on something I posted before, with the rubbish in gym things.
Because I care for this game, and trying to, as you put it, enjoy it, gets rather bummed by such decisions, so correct it is supposed to be fun, but at the end of the day, you tell me how bummed you would be if they announced that pidgey and rattata spawns were to be on increased rate, during an event where there are bonuses for things you catch, because it is all well and good having bonus candy but it isn't really a bonus if its for common stuff, then its an irritant when the common stuff is replacing things you actually want candy for.
its not like I'm asking for 100% IV Dragonites ffs, just not to play Drowzee simulator, because Drowzees, at 400+ cp are not easy catches, Zubats I can manage, and ghastly has a lower catch rate then Drowzee

I have already said what I am going to do to enjoy the Halloween bonus despite the drowzee rubbish, so its not just Negative.
so hardly excessive posting, given the new patch the event. which BTW means I have to miss a day going out spinning a load of stops to stop my 10k egg hatching.
Competative? yes, but I earn my right to take and own these gyms through the effort and enjoyment of catching/leveling/hatching the decent stuff, its not like I'm level 33 with 3 dragonites like some people around here.
I play my way, other people play thier own way, but I still post here saying my plans etc, incase people want to follow the route, I take, but also not everyone lives in the same Biomes, so what they experience and what I experience are different, I like to see that myself, so I SHOULD not also post the pitfalls and problems of these same methods of play? Because some people level up as fast as possible, other people MIGHT see that as the best thing ever and encounter the pitfalls of having nothing to hold/take gyms with to earm coins for things like bagspace
so no its not entitlement its just the simple fact that Niantic are ignoring the playerbase and are not helping themselves with this Drowzee rubbish, yes Hypno is decent.. but really, it isn't spooky, while Cubone would be a far better option, given where you actually catch the thing in red and blue.
so as I sad, not entitlement, the entire point of the game is to catch em all, and given we don't have trading, which would give us a reason to catch all these drowzee in the first place, to trade with those without, we are stuck with the worst possible scenario, I just want an even playing field with the rest of the world, USA has plenty of nice nest parks, all my nearby nests are on Golf courses, or the main large park is currently Caterpie.
oh and I posted about ghastly because, for me over the past months, it has become more common then it used to be, gradually, and am curious if others have seen more of them over time.
everyone knows about Zubat.
so we shall see what happens regarding this, because the recent spawns have been very good, I just hope Niantic don't CHANGE current spawns for this event, and instead ADD them as extras, so then the extra stuff becomes another Halloween Bonus (in The normal stuff still spawns, as it did before, unchanged, and these bonus spawns are therefore extra dust).

oh while I'm here, catch rates, I want to know what your experience is regarding these badges, because so far I have found it easier to catch Red circle or dark orange then yellow-green area even if the red circle has a lesser badge buff (dragon) then say.. a pidgey or a zubat (2 badges in gold), because this hasn't really been worked out yet, in terms of what this badge buff does.
oh and my curveballs have stopped registering again, which isn't helping with the above research, as that is also a multiplier.
I did miss the 4x candy for buddies though.
meaning I have descisions on what to do.
Stick to dragonair (5KM per candy)
switch to Golem/Magikarp/Jigglypuff (1KM per candy)
go with Snorlax (again 5KM)
or Charmander/Grimer/ponyta/Vulpix (3KM)

oh and buddy pokemon again, before I finish, as looking up that info stumbled across this interesting thing
http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-go-daily-quests-feature-discovered-in-the-game-metadata/

daily quests, NOW that IS a change i can get excited about, mentions thinks like Incubators... which is a rather nice reward for doing stuff, (again another thing i need those coins for :P)
I understand how you feel and I too am extremely frustrated with certain decisions niantic has taken. I still don't see this as a good reason to be constantly complaining, even if you don't intend that to be the primary intent of the posts you make.

Not to delve too much into specific examples but drowzee is extremely uncommon where I live and is thus an extremely welcome change for me. I understand its not that useful to you but I don't find it encouraging when you express being upset at that more than once, and then use pidgeys/rattatas as a counterexample when those two are ubiquitous in nearly every region, much more so than drowzee.

Expressing what you don't like about recent game changes and stuff is fine and can also be very productive, but you just do it so often it has created an extremely negative image in my mind of you. Sorry if I came off harsh to you in that first post, I was just frustrated with reading such things over and over again and wanted to say something about it.

well yes, I use the Rattata/pidgey example because that is what it is like with Drowzee, regardless of how rare it is elsewhere, the simple fact is it is stupidly common somewhere means it is a bad choise and given it isn't even spooky and odd one, especially given Cubone is rare everywhere and is therefore more welcome.
I have said what I do like about changes as well, its just that the negatives usually outweigh the positive changes, which are minor or cosmetic, and things like the 30MPH no sighting thing, was a backdoor server side update, or like revives, out of the blue.
I havn't said anything bad about the new update, bar the slow gym switch, which might or might not be a change unlisted in the update, which again has a more negative effect then the cosmetic colour coded egg and smaller font + symbols on pokemon screens (no scrolling to read moves), due to the unexplained revive things.
so it isn't an intention to be Negative but there is a lot because the Negatives are either out of the blue or are more important then the Positives, and given I use Public transport the 30KMH speed limiter has put a large dent in catching stuff as there were a few nice spawns I now can't use, it added to 600-700 dust a day alone.
I know A LOT about this game, I know what is good and bad, people are not discussing the more in depth subjects such as what is good, what isn't, counters to X and Y which is a far better subject then what we have in this thread.

well yes, I use the Rattata/pidgey example because that is what it is like with Drowzee, regardless of how rare it is elsewhere, the simple fact is it is stupidly common somewhere means it is a bad choise and given it isn't even spooky and odd one, especially given Cubone is rare everywhere and is therefore more welcome.
I have said what I do like about changes as well, its just that the negatives usually outweigh the positive changes, which are minor or cosmetic, and things like the 30MPH no sighting thing, was a backdoor server side update, or like revives, out of the blue.
I havn't said anything bad about the new update, bar the slow gym switch, which might or might not be a change unlisted in the update, which again has a more negative effect then the cosmetic colour coded egg and smaller font + symbols on pokemon screens (no scrolling to read moves), due to the unexplained revive things.
so it isn't an intention to be Negative but there is a lot because the Negatives are either out of the blue or are more important then the Positives, and given I use Public transport the 30KMH speed limiter has put a large dent in catching stuff as there were a few nice spawns I now can't use, it added to 600-700 dust a day alone.
I know A LOT about this game, I know what is good and bad, people are not discussing the more in depth subjects such as what is good, what isn't, counters to X and Y which is a far better subject then what we have in this thread.
If you want to discuss something more advanced and in-depth, just do us all a favor and start talking about it. The speed limit isn't 30 KPH, but rather 30 MPH, around 50 KPH, and that's a huge difference.

The game's in version 0.44, iirc, in android. That means they are less than halfway through what they consider to be a 1.0 stable version. Ekans is as common for me as Drowzee is for you and I'm not complaining. I have four home spawns after the last migration. I still don't understand what you mean with "revive things".

That's the reason why I quit looking at /r/PokemonGo and only use my time at Reddit at /r/TheSilphRoad. The whiners and negative people are too bad to deal with. The game is far from finished and, as the guy from TT said, Niantic may not even see PoGo as a game, but rather as an Augmented Reality experience that they have a certain vision on how people should experience it. If you don't like their vision, just stop playing it, it's simple as that. If I see a gym with a space, I'll put any Pokémon I have available, in order to get the 10 coins before someone snipe it. If the first pokémon that show up is one with a lower CP, so be it. To each its own. Each person experiences it in a different light. I was one of the vocal people against Go at the beginning, because it lacked everything that I like in the main series. However, once I stopped judging it for what it doesn't have, and started seeing what it has and how it can improve my life, I was delighted. I have a motivation to walk outside everyday. I have a motivation to talk to people. I don't know if you know how hard it is for an Asperger to have motivation to do both things.

I totally disagree with you. The good aspects of PoGo far outweigh the bad ones, and if you think otherwise, I don't know why you are still playing it. Whenever something in my life has more bad than good things, I just quit, that's as simples as this.

yes but when the game is catching them all, making already common stuff MORE common is just silly when there is something else that is a better option, which isn't common anywhere, just stating fact. Ekans is common for you? great, but they are NOT increasing the Ekans spawn rate for you, if they did you would be annoyed as well.
and these people are not gym sniping, you cant actually do that at the gym, it was already red, and the only way to put anything in is walking, so if you see a space there is no actual excuse to put rubbish in, if you don't want your strongest in, that's fine, but freshly caught weedles is just nonsense, I dont put my highest CP stuff in either, (I put my 3rd highest in) because those actually clear the gyms.

a gym isn't just about the coins, it is also about the stardust. I have lost 600-700 from this speed limit thingy when I travel due to not having access to those spawns, and 3 gyms is a further 1500 stardust, so losing those gyms means I could miss out on 2100+ dust A day, which is a lot when your method of training revolves around using every piece of dust to max out your strongest thing then bring up another before you level up once again.
which btw worked a treat, a lot of people just spammed pidgey evos, I looked at the exp scaling and make use of it to get stronger as stardust per level increases, so to me the stardust is VITAL.
oh and I said the negative changes were a patch by patch basis, rather then the game itself, which in turn put me in a position to hold 3 gyms.
people post negative things because Ninatic make changes to the game people do not like or want on there, I never even check their reddit either because IMO they should have forums instead where stuff can be discussed properly.
so all the recent negative changes effect my play style heavily, and there has been no actual word from Niantic regarding the revive thing either.

all these changes have wiped out a massive chunk of the playerbase around here, which in turn effects things like the silphroad nest locator, so playing pokemon go here is far harder then in the USA, as a result of having no one marking nests in areas they live, which then means the map scanners hold weight to find them.. but killing those is what wiped out large parts of the playerbase.

Pretty sure I have mentioned a fair bit recently about the best gym defenders, so again, how is that negative, i have said far more positive things then negative as well.
so yea whatever as I said, its my playstyle that is effected heavily atm through things Niantic haven't given mention to
and given the revives drop rate, there are now level 10 gyms in city centres... which is supposed to be a heavy traffic area, so the recent prestige gain changes have actually wiped out competition, if we had the old revive drop rate where I was discarding them then competition would increase again, battling gyms is one of the fun parts of the game, but huge areas of level 10 gyms is just a frustration.

I am well aware of the TT guy, but Ninatic still need to Communicate what they want to us the players, because at the end of the day, the players are the ones spending, part of running a business is listening to customers, which they used to do regarding killing off all the stuff regarding those IV checker sites, and then gave us the appraisal system to replace it.
they killed the tracking system, because it was broken, tested another one.. which still hasn't resurfaced.
and TT guy just uses silph road to find nests, which isn't an option over here as there are huge areas where nothing is listed.
so again the negatives are from recent changes, and lack of communication. rather then the game having lots of negatives on top of new ones.
Ninatic could just communicate more, and do simple things like add revives and potions to the shop so, if there is a problem with drop rates, there is at least a work around for those players who focus on gyms. it doesn't actually change Ninatics vision, pretty sure TT was also getting frustrated with these level 10 gyms and no revives.

so how I play is effected badly by these changes, so anyone wanting to play that way needs to know, end of. hardly negative posting, just stating facts. the core game I played on day 1 is still there which is why I play it.

Last edited:
I for one, look forward to the event as Drowzees and Gastlys are rare in my area.
No point fighting Gyms though. They're all Lv10 of opposing teams with crazy high stats and all players from your team seems to have vanished. Only hardcore competitive players still playing so casuals like me seems to have no chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)