The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we take a step back and just say how dumb it was for the Texans to give Osweiler that much money coming off of a few OK performances in games. No way is he worth 70 mil. In other news, Jeff Goff must really suck if Keenum is still playing. Either that.... or Fisher has one hell of a love for Case Keenum.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Osweiler wasn't even good in his appearances last year, which is what really stumps me but I guess that's why the Texans are a trash franchise eh. Like, his only upside is that he's tall?

At least Flynn literally set records from what little we've ever seen of him.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
The ratings problem is because of shite football being played particularly on the offense because coaches are scared shitless of being criticized for taking risks because if they keep fucking up on the risks they take they might lose their job. This gives us Brock Osweiler going 22/41 for 131 yards no TDs in a prime time tv slot. Thank god he didn't throw a pick though that way Bill O'Brien can give platitudes about bad fortune and keep his job despite disgusting play being put forth.

I LOVE watching great defenses, but with this shift into non existent offenses in the name of ball security the only thing we get to see is incompetent offense not great defense.

This NFL product SUCCCCKKKKSSSS and they need to DOO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Edit: I CANT GET OVER OSWEILERS 3.1 YARDS PER ATTEMPT THROWING THE BALL! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! THEY AVERAGED 2 YARDS PER ATTEMPT MORE BY RUSHING AAAAGGGHH

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
They keep putting crap games in primetime. It's pretty obvious Cowboys vs Bears was gonna be a total stinker but they still left it in as the Sunday night game. I'm not sure at what point in the season they're allowed to flex stuff but seriously. Chiefs Steelers was another laugher. If they wonder why ratings are low they should look no further. Games like Falcons / Chargers are going totally unwatched while we get Broncos Texans on Monday night. smfh

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They keep putting crap games in primetime. It's pretty obvious Cowboys vs Bears was gonna be a total stinker but they still left it in as the Sunday night game. I'm not sure at what point in the season they're allowed to flex stuff but seriously. Chiefs Steelers was another laugher. If they wonder why ratings are low they should look no further. Games like Falcons / Chargers are going totally unwatched while we get Broncos Texans on Monday night. smfh
To be fair chiefs steelers should have been much more exciting, chefs just had a bad night. Hindsight is 20/20 there

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I thought it was gonna be a lopsided game from the start but I do understand why it was supposed to be a good game. I didn't list Hawks Cards for that reason (though exciting at the end, kind of a snoozer overall). I still think the primetime football this year has been rather underwhelming

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
im happy, actually. I don't see this jags team going far with this coaching staff as a whole.

xJownage

Too much wasted talent.
the players will still be there with a new coaching staff. really, the more i think about how much bortles' throwing motion has regressed during the offseason just drives home how bad this staff is. i don't really think it's bradley; i think its the staff as a whole.

on another note, i have a sinking feeling bradley won't be around anymore. somebody already mentioned that doug marrone is on the jags staff and is a perfectly capable coach, and this performance might be the last straw for khan.

Every year I tell people to stop drinking the Jags Cool Aid and every year everyone hypes them up anyway, they have some pieces, but the team is still years away from relevancy.
on another note, i have a sinking feeling Bradley won't be around anymore. somebody already mentioned that doug marrone is on the jags staff and is a perfectly capable coach, and this performance might be the last straw for khan.
I'm the one that thought they'd fire Gus and promote Marrone if they lost the Colts game in London, but they somehow won.

Anywho there's no reason to keep Bradley around anymore, I think he'll be gone by Sunday, and it wouldn't surprise me if hes gets canned tomorrow.

But firing Bradley won't change the fact that the Jaguars are still a sinking ship, mostly because Bortles looks like a lost cause (a legit bottom 5 NFL starter)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bortles only has the sixth worst Total QBR of qualified players right now! (Fun note: DAK ATTACK es numero uno, Wentz is one of the five below Bortles.) Fifth worst by passer rating (sixth in YPA) but he has above-average rushing ability.

To me, the only seemingly lost cause among younger, developing QBs right now is Assweiler.

Trevor Siemian is a lost cause too.
lol, cut the BS. Siemian may not be a franchise QB, but he's far from a lost cause. If Alex Smith can thrive in the NFL, Siemian can get somewhere too. He might be corporal Checkdown (Captain is Mr Smith) but he generally protects the ball well and can even throw a dime or two.

Also, he's making the first career starts so he is, in essence, a rookie, while Osweiler seems to be regressing with each game.

xJownage

Every year I tell people to stop drinking the Jags Cool Aid and every year everyone hypes them up anyway, they have some pieces, but the team is still years away from relevancy.

I'm the one that thought they'd fire Gus and promote Marrone if they lost the Colts game in London, but they somehow won.

Anywho there's no reason to keep Bradley around anymore, I think he'll be gone by Sunday, and it wouldn't surprise me if hes gets canned tomorrow.

But firing Bradley won't change the fact that the Jaguars are still a sinking ship, mostly because Bortles looks like a lost cause (a legit bottom 5 NFL starter)
honestly, the jags defense looked quite good before last night (and outside of a game in san diego where they left the energy on the plane), despite being 2-5 because of offensive ineptitude and a -8 turnover differential. Not many people took "the jags cool aid" any year before this year; NOBODY took it last year since the Jags' offensive production was taken by such surprise. Honestly Bortles' looked decent in garbage time which is enough to say he doesn't miss EVERY throw anymore but really i thought he looked really comfortable with the pressure off...which would actually be WORSE because he would only play well with no expectations (like last year).

Honestly Bortles' looked decent in garbage time which is enough to say he doesn't miss EVERY throw anymore but really i thought he looked really comfortable with the pressure off...which would actually be WORSE because he would only play well with no expectations (like last year).
My general rule of thumb is to not count anything a quarterback does when the opposing team has pulled their starting QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)