Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Mega Rhyperior
Ability: Lightning Rod/Solid Rock ------> Burrow*
*Burrow- Intimidate Variation that lowers the opponent's Defense by 1 when this Pokemon enters Battle.
Typing: Ground/Rock

Stats:

HP: 115 ---->115
Attack: 140 ----> 165
Defense: 130 ----> 180
Special Attack: 55 ----> 45
Special Defense: 55 ----> 75
Speed: 40 ----> 50
Base Stat Total: 535 ----> 630
Movepool Additions: Spiky Shield
Description:
Rhyperior, an already bulky tank, could Mega Evolve to get even more Attack and Defense, making a bigger threat. Burrow, an ability of my own creation, would make the opponent even more vulnerable to physical attacks. Rhyperior, with Spiky Shield, could now also scout out moves or counter attacks like dive. Mega Rhyperior could become a gigantic threat in battle, and an amazing addition.

Rhyperior- 5% Pokemon, 95% Heavy Artillery

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Rhyperior
Ability: Lightning Rod/Solid Rock ------> Burrow*
*Burrow- Intimidate Variation that lowers the opponent's Defense by 1 when this Pokemon enters Battle.
Typing: Ground/Rock

Stats:

HP: 115 ---->115
Attack: 140 ----> 165
Defense: 130 ----> 180
Special Attack: 55 ----> 45
Special Defense: 55 ----> 75
Speed: 40 ----> 50
Base Stat Total: 535 ----> 630
Movepool Additions: Spiky Shield
Description:
Rhyperior, an already bulky tank, could Mega Evolve to get even more Attack and Defense, making a bigger threat. Burrow, an ability of my own creation, would make the opponent even more vulnerable to physical attacks. Rhyperior, with Spiky Shield, could now also scout out moves or counter attacks like dive. Mega Rhyperior could become a gigantic threat in battle, and an amazing addition.

Rhyperior- 5% Pokemon, 95% Heavy Artillery
Sorry, submissions are over for this slate. What you can do is vote for which ideas you liked the most (go back to page 24) and make some submissions once the next slate starts in a few days.
Edit: After looking at your post, I saw that all of your stat changes added up to +95 points. Make sure they add up to 100 in the future :P

Mienshao: Isa Simple, Laughing X-Naut, Ludicrousity
Rhyperior: Macemaster, Qplaz, WTCO
Staraptor: Laughing X-Naut, MaceMaster, WCTO

if there's a halloween slate, it should be gourgeist (pumpkins), slurpuff (candy), and hypno (child molesters).

Staraptor MaceMaster WTCO Coolman6001
Can we add Crobat and *Galvantula to that? Or have we already done those? On second thought, what's the normal slate? Three? I'd nominate Gourgeist and Slurpuff, but you can't have Halloween without fake bats hanging from a tree, so you can scare your mother/sister/girlfriend (on second thought, don't do that to the latter) with.

*I'd add Ariados, but lets face it: he's pathetic. He needs a normal evolution before he gets a Mega to be relevant!

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can we add Crobat and *Galvantula to that? Or have we already done those? On second thought, what's the normal slate? Three? I'd nominate Gourgeist and Slurpuff, but you can't have Halloween without fake bats hanging from a tree, so you can scare your mother/sister/girlfriend (on second thought, don't do that to the latter) with.

*I'd add Ariados, but lets face it: he's pathetic. He needs a normal evolution before he gets a Mega to be relevant!
Yet another inspiration to a pet mod i am thinking of creating. Not saying anything about it yet though :P :)

Yet another inspiration to a pet mod i am thinking of creating. Not saying anything about it yet though :P :)
What, third evolutions for those who need them? Because Arceus knows there are many that would suck as Megas in their current form (looking at you, Sunflora >_>)! Trust me, I know from random battles.

Ludicrousity

What, third evolutions for those who need them? Because Arceus knows there are many that would suck as Megas in their current form (looking at you, Sunflora >_>)! Trust me, I know from random battles.
I guess thats one way to put it :P evolutions for pokemon that need them (still no 4th evolutions). Sadly I have to wait till november :/ at least that gives me time to develop on it :)

First off here are the winners of the previous slate:
Typing: Ground/Rock--->Ground/Fighting
Abilities:
Lightning Rod/Reckless/Solid Rock--->Iron Fist
Stats:

HP 115
Atk 140--->190 (+50)
Def 130--->145(+15)
SpA 55--->65 (+10)
SpD 55--->100 (+45)
Spe 40--->20 (-20)
BST 535 ---> 635 (+100)
New Move: Drain Punch
Description: With it's new Mega Evolution, Rhyperior brings a brand new typing coupled with an offensive presence rivalled only by the likes of Mewtwo-X and Mega Heracross. Thanks to the excellent combo of Iron Fist and Drain Punch, as well as great 115/145/100 bulk, Mega Rhyperior is also a nightmare to kill due to the recovery that this provides. Flavourwise, Rhyperior builds upon its intimidating stature with the addition of the fighting type, while Iron Fist is reflective of it's impressively bulky and muscular arms.
Despite its godly stats, Rhyperior does suffer from a few flaws. Firstly, it is forced to rely on relatively weak or inaccurate coverage moves to hit several key threats due to the less than optimal STAB typing provided by the mega evolution. Furthermore, Rhyperior suffers from a ridiculously small speed stat, as well as a lack of priority that merely aggravates this issue. The lack of recovery outside of drain punch leaves it rather easy to wear down and is such very prone to residual damage (especially Toxic and Will-O-Wisp).
Overall, Rhyperior is an incredibly strong offensive tank that can punch holes in almost any Pokemon but is held back by its dislike of residual damage and poor speed tier.

Mega Staraptor
Typing:
Fighting/Flying
Ability: Defiant
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 165 (+45)
Defense: 85 (+15)
Special Attack: 50 (+0)
Special Defense: 80 (+20)
Speed: 120 (+20)
Description: A fast and extremely hard hitting physical attacker that rapes Intimidaters like Landorus due to Defiant.

For Mienshao we have tie between Isa Simple and Macemaster so we're going to have a 2 day revote on that but since I'm super late on the next slate the vote will take place alongside the next slate which is the Halloween Slate of

Gourgeist, Slurpuff and Galvantula

All three of these pokemon get an ability limit of 3.5

Galvantula and Slurpuff get 1 new move while Gourgeist gets two.

Mega-Gourgeist is different from other considering it has multiple forms so therefore Gourgeistite will give the same stat bonuses to all its different forms. Below is an example submission for Gourgeist since its different from a regular example submission.

Mega Gourgeist
Ability: Pickup / Frisk / Insomnia ---> Pickup
Typing: Grass / Ghost --> Grass / Ghost
Stats:
HP 55-85 ---> 55-85
Atk 85-100 ---> 105-120 (+20)
Def 122 ---> 142 (+20)
SpA 58 ---> 78 (+20)
SpD 75 ---> 95 (+20)
Spe 54-99 ---> 74-119 (+20)
BST 494-> 594

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Mienshao: Isa Simple

Ability: Pickup / Frisk / Insomnia ---> Ghost Treat (Flash Fire clone)
Stats:
HP 55-85 ---> 55-85
Atk 85-100 ---> 95-110 (+10)
Def 122 ---> 152 (+30)
SpA 58 ---> 78 (+20)
SpD 75 ---> 105 (+30)
Spe 54-99 ---> 64-109 (+10)
BST 494 ---> 594
Movepool Additions: /
Description: As a pumpkin, an Halloween ability is necessary and what's better than a Ghost attack absorber?
I don't think there's need to add new moves to the movepool.

Ability: Sweet Veil / Unburden ---> Natural Cure
Typing: Fairy --> Fairy
Stats:
HP 82 ---> 82
Atk 80 ---> 100 (+20)
Def 86 ---> 96 (+10)
SpA 85 ---> 105 (+20)
SpD 75 ---> 95 (+20)
Spe 72 ---> 102 (+30)
BST 480 ---> 580
Movepool Additions: Moonblast (Yeah, it doesn't learn normally)
Description: With these stats, Slurpuff can do a lot a roles: physical sweeper with Belly Drum, special sweeper with Calm Mind (and a good STAB), cleric like Clefable (thanks to Heal Bell) and wish passer.
The first ability I thought was Unaware, but maybe is too op, so I changed it with Natural Cure.

Ability: Coumpound Eyes / Swarm / Unerve ---> Lightning Rod
Typing: Bug / Electric --> Bug / Electric
Stats:
HP 70 ---> 70
Atk 77 ---> 87 (+10)
Def 60 ---> 80 (+20)
SpA 97 ---> 137 (+40)
SpD 60 ---> 80 (+20)
Spe 108 ---> 118 (+10)
BST 472 ---> 572
Movepool Additions: Sludge Bomb
Description: I don't think Sticky Web is so viable in OU, so i added a speical Poison coverage move since it has Cross Poison.
Lightning Rod is here beacuse when I looked to other electric mega evolutions I found bad abilities, so I added an ability that fits better with the its type.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Gourgeist
Ability:
Conflagrate (Fire type -ate clone)
Typing: Fire/Grass
HP: 55-85 (+0)
Attack: 115-130 (+30)
Defense: 132 (+10)
Special Attack: 73 (+15)
Special Defense: 100 (+25)
Speed: 74-119 (+20)
New Moves: Earthquake and Knock Off
Ability Justification: The -ate abilities are so good because they provide extremely high base power STAB attacks, but with no boosting option and an average attack stat, Gourgeist is easy enough to wall.
Description: Gourgeist's soul is used as fuel for the inferno within it's jack-o-lantern. Gourgeist's unique typing, from an offensive and defensive perspective carves (get it?) a serious niche. While the super form has excellent bulk and attack making it a powerful tank, the small form hits a solid 119 speed tier and still has great bulk for an offensive pokemon. The standard form would never be seen as it's pretty much outclassed in every way, but Gourgeist large could make a solid all-out attacker as it can outspeed most wallbreakers while still being bulkier and harder hitting than the small form.
Gourgeist-Super @ Gourgeistite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Return
- Earthquake/Seed Bomb/Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp/Leech Seed

Gourgeist-Small @ Gourgeistite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake/Knock Off
- Return
- Explosion/Will-O-Wisp/Synthesis

Gourgeist-Large @ Gourgeistite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake/Knock Off
- Return
- Synthesis/Flame Charge
- Seed Bomb

Mega Slurpuff
Ability:
Technician
Typing: Fairy
HP: 82 (+0)
Attack: 80 (+0)
Defense: 126 (+40)
Special Attack: 115 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 (+15)
Speed: 87 (+15)
Description: An interesting CM user with a Technician boosted Draining Kiss and Hidden Power that has some other usable coverage options.
Slurpuff @ Slurpuffite
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 76 SpA / 28 SpD / 32 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ground/Rock

Mega Galvantula
Ability:
Huge Power
Typing: Bug/Electric
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 72 (-5)
Defense: 100 (+40)
Special Attack: 127 (+30)
Special Defense: 95 (+35)
Speed: 108 (+0)
New Move: U-Turn
Justification: At first, you're probably thinking "Huge Power!? Broken!", but in all reality, it's a bit underwhelming. It's damage level is just below the range where it OHKOs pokemon with average bulk and lacks the power to 2HKO even the skinniest of walls.
Description: Big hairy tarantula! The best web setter available for OU! But wait... there's more! With Huge Power, it has the equivalent of 193 base attack! But wait... nevermind.
Galvantula @ Galvantulite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch/Hidden Power Ice

Tie Breaker: MaceMaster

Last edited:
EDIT: Screw it. I don't have time to do all three, so just have this one.

Mega Slurpuff
Type: Fairy / Fighting
Ability: Sticky (Gooey clone: Lowers opponent's speed by 1 stage on contact)
HP: 82
Attack: 80 -> 110 (+30)
Defense: 86 -> 101 (+15)
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 75 -> 97 (+22)
Speed: 72 -> 105 (+33)
New move: Knock Off

Slurpuff's sticky sweet body becomes off use to it when it mega evolves. Its new ability Sticky slows down physical attackers. A huge buff to its attack, defenses and speed make it terrifying to face especially after a Belly Drum. It now gets Knock Off because it never got Knock Off for some reason. A new Fighting type gives it STAB Drain Punches that can give it realiable recovery from a Belly Drum.

Last edited:
MaceMaster

Anyway, time for the post-humous Halloween slate:

Mega Gourgeist
Ability:
Intimidate
Typing: Grass/Ghost
HP: 55-85
Attack: 115-130 (+30)
Defense: 152 (+30)
Special Attack: 78 (+20)
Special Defense: 85 (+10)
Speed: 64-109 (+10)
New Moves: Power Whip, Taunt
Description: It's kind of hard to make a Pokemon consistently strong across four stat spreads, but this does it by capitalizing on common strong points: the ease of bringing it in and its impressive physical bulk. Intimidate brings this further (and emphasizes the Halloween theme) and allows even uninvested Small to take some hits! These stat boosts also help them in unique ways: Super becomes an incredible tank, Small can pull off a fast attacker set, and Large and Medium can work if you need a wall that can creep I guess. Power Whip gives it at least one strong physical STAB while Taunt should've been in its movepool from the beginning (and lets Small pull off a stallbreaking set).

Mega Slurpuff
Ability:
Hustle
Attack: 130 (+50)
Defense: 76 (-10)
Special Attack: 125 (+40)
Special Defense: 65 (-10)
Speed: 102 (+30)
New Moves: Work Up
Description: SUGAR RUSH
That's the gist of it: a semi-fast mixed attacker with a bit of an accuracy problem on the physical side. Play Rough is going to hurt off that Attack stat backed by Hustle, while its expansive special movepool and good Special Attack lets it break Fairy checks. I added Work Up because it suits the mon and it's a boosting move with good synergy.

Mega Galvantula
Ability:
Tinted Lens
HP: 70
Attack: 97 (+20)
Defense: 60
Special Attack: 127 (+30)
Special Defense: 80 (+20)
Speed: 138 (+30)
New Moves: Magic Coat
Description: Compound-Eyes Thunder is neat, but it's the only notable move boosted by the ability. Tinted Lens, on the other hand, improves Mega Galvantula's arsenal by letting its other common attacks (Bug Buzz+Grass coverage) hit resists for neutral damage. You don't need coverage nearly as much now, and Magic Coat gives it an option if you want to up its hazards game with Hazard Hot Potato.

Mega Gourgeist
Ability: Pickup / Frisk / Insomnia ---> Thick Fat
Stats:
HP 55-85 ---> 55-85
Atk 85-100 ---> 115-130 (+30)
Def 122 ---> 142 (+20)
SpA 58 ---> 58
SpD 75 ---> 125 (+50)
Spe 54-99 ---> 54-99
BST 494-> 594
New Moves: Shadow Claw, Fire Punch
Description: Gourgeist is now a better tank. It has coverage in fire punch, rock slide, and gyro ball, aand finaly has ghost STAB. (No phantom force does not count) Thick fat also removes 2 of it weakness, leaving only 3.

Mega Slurpuff
Ability: Sweet Veil / Unburden ---> Unaware
Typing: Fairy --> Fairy
Stats:
HP 82 ---> 82
Atk 80 ---> 100 (+20)
Def 86 ---> 116 (+30)
SpA 85 ---> 55 (-30)
SpD 75 ---> 115 (+40)
Spe 72 ---> 112 (+40)
BST 480-> 580
New Moves: Zen Headbut
Description: Unaware may seem strange on a offensive pokemon, but it alows Slurpuff to ignore defense boosts and ignore boosted attack when it setups belly drum. Zen headbut alows Slurpuff to get through Poison types who wall Play Rough and Drain Punch. In short, it is scary if it gets up Belly Drum.

Mega Galvantula
Ability: Compound Eyes / Unnerve / Swarm ---> Intimidate
Typing: Bug / Electric --> Bug / Electric
Stats:
HP 70 ---> 70
Atk 77 ---> 47 (-30)
Def 60 ---> 90 (+30)
SpA 97 ---> 127 (+30)
SpD 60 ---> 100 (+40)
Spe 108 ---> 138 (+30)
BST 472-> 572
New Moves: Calm Mind
Description: Finally can Galvantula dream of being offensive. Calm mind along with Intimidate makes it more threatening, and it comes with secondary STAB too! It can support the team with Sticky Web as well, but this comes at the cost of having less coverage.

canno

formerly The Reptile

Gourgeist Mega
Ability: Flash Fire
Typing:

Stats: 55-85 / 110-125 (+25) / 147 (+25) / 58 (+0) / 115 (+40) / 65-110 (+10) [BST 594 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Fire Punch, Taunt
Description (Competitive): Gourgeist is an odd Pokemon to balance a mega around due to the nature of its varying stats. No matter which size you choose, however, you have a rather large 147 defense stat. With Taunt and Wisp, it can functions well as a stallbreaker, and with its general good bulk it can act as a bulky wall or a bulky pivot. It also has decent enough power, although not that much and is primarily a bulkymon. Ghost / Grass is a really cool typing, especially with Flash Fire, allowing it to wall a ton of stuff.

Slurpuff Mega
Ability: Flame Body
Typing:

Stats: 82 / 70 (-10) / 126 (+40) / 110 (+25) / 125 (+50) / 67 (-5) [BST 580 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Slack Off
Description (Competitive): Fairy / Fire is an interesting typing, both offensively and defensively. The Fire-typing comes from Slurpuff Mega Evolving into something a bit more baked. Alternatively, you can take it as one of those fancy deserts that are on fire. Either way, both of these ideas fit with Flame Body, which at first might seem like a weak ability overall. However, Flame Body can actually be very punishing to your opponent's physical attackers - notably, you can punish U-Turn by simply switching in. Slack Off finishes the package as a defensive threat. Offensively, it has access to Calm Mind and a good STAB combo in Dazzling Gleam and Flamethrower.

Galvantula Mega
Ability: Compound Eyes
Typing:

Stats: 70 / 77 (+0) / 80 (+20) / 127 (+30) / 80 (+20) / 138 (+30) [BST 572 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: Focus Blast
Description (Competitive): This is basically just Galvantula+, which is still a cool Pokemon. In a lot of ways, Galvantula works a lot similarly to Mega Manectric, however it has a few key things over the electric dog. For one, it is faster than the dog itself and, while it is weaker, it can use Thunder reliably which more than makes up for its lower SpA. It also has that Bug-typing, which adds a host of benefits and problems that the dog doesn't have itself. Finally, it also has Sticky Web. Focus Blast is a great coverage move that matches very well with Compound Eyes and pairs well with its STAB moves. Overall it compares with Mega Manectric and works as a decent counter-part to it, having some unique tools that separate it from the dog while not outclassing it by having its own host of problems.

Ludicrousity

Mega Slurpuff
Type: Fairy / Poison
Ability: Poison Point
Attack: 80 -> 115 (+35)
Defense: 86 -> 99 (+13)
Special Attack: 85
Special Defense: 75 -> 98 (+23)
Speed: 72 -> 101 (+29)
New move: Poison Jab

Why Trick or Treat when you can have both? With good attacking stats (115/101) and belly drum, this thing might leave a hole in the opponent. Its decent (82/98/98) defencive stats give it an opportunity to set up a belly drum. Priority still hurts, but who cares when bullet punch is the only supereffective one?

Mega Gourgeist
Ability:
Burn Heal (Same as Poison Heal, except for Poison. Negate the loss Atk drop, like how Quick Feet negates the speed drop)
Typing: Grass/Ghost
HP: 55-85
Attack: 85-100 --> 110 - 125 (+25)
Defense: 122 --> 142 (+20)
Special Attack: 58 --> 68 (+10)
Special Defense: 75 --> 100 (+25)
Speed: 54-99 --> 74 - 119 (+20)
New Moves: Bulk Up, Taunt
Description: The funny thing is that both XL and S Gourgeist could work. XL would still be as tanky as ever, with enough speed to pull off a stall-breaker set while S is a blazingly fast and has a decent support movepool (Taunt, Leech Seed, WoW and a fast 55HP pain split) and seems like a good pivot. The one thing that infuriates me with most Grass-types is that even if they are good except Water-mons, they are always going to be burnt. But M-Gourgeist learnt how to use the burn to heal himself! He becomes a great Water (and Rotom) switch-in. Beware of not being Toxic'ed before though, but he takes a burn, he is going to be very difficult to take down.

Mega Slurpuff
Ability:
Technician
Attack: 80 --> 70 (-10)
Defense: 86 --> 106 (+20)
Special Attack: 85 --> 140 (+50)
Special Defense: 75 --> 90 (+10)
Speed: 72 --> 102 (+30)
New Moves: Agility
Description: Completely forgoing Physical attacks, the new Slurpuff is now more special, and more derpy! I suppose. Tbh, I was surprised to know that not only this guy learns Flamethrower, but also Surf and T-Bolt, which is pretty cool. Slurpuff has a new trick : Fairy-nearly-Oblivion Wing. Backed up by his good SpAtk and speed, solid typing and decent defenses, it can be hard to bring down Slurpuff. I guess you can either use him as a cleaner thanks to Agility and the fact that most mons will struggle to threaten Slurpuff while he has the coverage to 2KO most of them, or as an attacking glue. Don't expect him to break walls though.

Mega Galvantula
Ability:
Compound Eyes
Attack: 77 --> 87 (+10)
Defense: 60 --> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 97 --> 142 (+45)
Special Defense: 60 --> 60 (+0)
Speed: 108 --> 133 (+25)
New Moves: Sleep Powder
Description: Ahoy for the nearly-Spore Mega-mon ! Idk how much it will does, but thanks to Galvantula speed, he can easily Mega on the turn he sleeps someone (~97% accuracy), and then wreaks havoc with Bug Buzz / Thunder / Energy Ball (or HPsomething or VoltSwitch). Boosted defense let it take priority moves better but... it still really frail. Keep in mind that 142 is still not impressive without boosting moves, so he might be better suited for Sticky Web purposes.

Gourgeist-Mega
Ability:
Pickup / Frisk / Insomnia ----> Flash Fire
Typing:
Grass/Ghost ----> Grass/Fire

Stats:

HP: 55 | 65 | 75 | 85
Attack:
85 | 90 | 95 | 100 ----> 125 | 130 | 135 | 140 (+40)
Defense: 122 ----> 85 (-37)
Special Attack: 58 ----> 108 (+50)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 112 (+37)
Speed: 99 | 84 | 69 | 54 ----> 109 | 94 | 79 | 64 (+10)
Base Stat Total: 494 ----> 594 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Flare Blitz & Forest Curse

Competitive Analysis: Gourgeist gains a huge buff to its Attack and Special defense, gets an usable Sp. Atk Stat and gains a usable speed with the Small form. The Super Form gets very specially defensive due to its average HP (in the Super form) and great Sp. Def stat, and can cripple physical attackers (which can demolish its subpar Defense after mega evolving) with Will o' Wisp, Flash Fire gives it a awnser to common fire types and Forest Curse can force a switch from pokemon like Mega-Latias or Reuniclus who might try to setup Calm Minds on Gourgeists without the Ghost coverage. Also from mega evolving, Gourgeist becomes less susceptible to Pursuit Trapping, and can safely switch out, though, after mega evolving it's important to remember that Gourgeists defense drops considerably. Flash Fire is also appreciated by Gourgeist as it helps switching on Fire moves and gives Gourgeist an even further boost on its Fire STABs such as Flare Blitz or Fire Blast.

But even after all those buffs Gourgeist can still be defeated with ease by fast flying types such as Talonflame or Tornadus-T. Also, strong physical attacks from non burned opponents will demolish Gourgeist, specially the smaller formes, that lack HP.

Design Description: Gourgeist keeps its same structure but its color gets similar to a burned wooden color, and the pumpkin part goes orangeish. Its now clear that the fire it had inside is much powerful, escaping from its pumpkin eyes and mouth, and the hair is going upwards and with fire all over it.​

Special Tank

Gourgeist-Super @ Gourgite

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

Careful Nature

- Will-O-Wisp

- Synthesis

- Seed Bomb

- Flame Charge / Forest Curse

Bulky Attacker

Gourgeist-Super @ Gourgite

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Will-O-Wisp

- Synthesis

- Seed Bomb

- Flare Blitz

Sweeper

Gourgeist-Small @ Gourgite

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Seed Bomb

- Flare Blitz

- Flame Charge / Rock Slide / Will-O-Wisp / Forest Curse

- Flame Charge / Rock Slide / Will-O-Wisp / Forest Curse

Slurpuff-Mega
Ability:
Sweet Veil/Unburden ----> Fluffy (I know Fluffy isn't even an ability on gen 6 but I think it fits Slurpuff's concept so well that it would be stupid not to give it, as it halves physical attacks but doubles fire attacks used against the ability user. Alternatively, if you guys don't allow the exception, I'd go with Natural Cure)

Stats:

Attack:
80 ----> 105 (+25)
Defense: 86 ----> 81 (-5)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 150 (+65)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 105 (+30)
Speed: 72 ----> 57 (-15)
Base Stat Total: 480 ----> 580 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Moonblast (it gets Flamethrower and doesn't get Moonblast?? What??)

Competitive Analysis: Getting a considerable buff to its special defense, and having its defense doubled by Fluffy, Slurpuff's bulk goes to above average levels and means it can switch into most moves. It's Special Attack got also a huge buff, meaning that it's Moonblasts, coupled with the huge number of special coverage it gets (Thunderbolt, Psychic, Energy Ball, Flamethrower and Surf) makes Slurpuff a very difficult Pokemon to switch into. The cotton candy pokemon also has reliable recovery on Wish and can help its partners with Aromatheraphy/Heal Bell.

Mega Slurpuff's main downside though, is his subpar speed, which makes him very susceptible to getting revenge killed and getting limited to four moveslots hinders his wallbreaking abilities. Many Steel types can take a Flamethrower and deal tons of damage back or can simply outspeed for the revenge kill. Same applies to Poison types, that have to watch out for Psychic, but still can take on Slurpuff easily.

Desing Description: His Cotton Candy hair grows even further and covers his back, he now has two more smaller cherries, at the sides of the bigger one, his tongue grows longer and he goes a little bit fatter.

As for the code of the ability I assume you can put part of the Fur Coat ability (doubles defense) and part of the Dry Skin ability (fire type moves have a 2x boost when used on this pokemon) if that's not possible, I'll figure out a way to code it, and even then, it'll have to be coded anyways when Sun & Moon comes out.

All Out Attacker

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

Ability: Fluffy

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Moonblast

- Flamethrower / Surf / Energy Ball / Psychic / Thunderbolt

Mixed Wall

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD

Modest Nature

- Moonblast

- Wish

- Protect

- Toxic / Heal Bell

Double Dance

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD

Careful Nature

- Moonblast

- Cotton Guard

- Calm Mind

- Wish

Belly Drum

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD

Careful Nature

- Play Rough

- Belly Drum

- Drain Punch

- Substitute / Cotton Guard / Heal Bell

Galvantula-Mega
Typing: Electric/Bug

Stats:

Attack:
77 ----> 67 (-10)
Defense: 60 ----> 65 (+5)
Special Attack: 97 ----> 152 (+55)
Special Defense: 60 ----> 65 (+5)
Speed: 108 ----> 153 (+45)
Base Stat Total: 472 ----> 572 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Toxic Spikes

Competitive Analisys: Galvantula keeps most of its traits but gains a huge buff in speed and reaches a sick Sp. Atk overall. STAB Volt Switch and Bug Buzz can do a lot, and due to its huge speed, Galvantula can Volt Switch safely to avoid damage, it's speed allows it to set up hazards such as Sticky Webs and Toxic Spikes more easily as well. Maintaining Compound Eyes, Thunder still does a lot of damage and pierce through teams. Access to Magnet Rise may also come in handy, when facing common OU leads like Garchomp or Landorus. Energy Ball can also be useful on Galvantula, as it helps dealing with Ground-types.

As the electric spider is very frail, it doesn't appreciate strong neutral STABs coming its way, it also has a disadvantage over regular Galvantula due to the fact that the Mega cannot hold Focus Sash to guarantee its hazards.

Desing Description: Galvuntula gains another pair of eyes and one extra pair of legs, its purple marking are now shining and its blue hair has now grown bigger and taller

Hazard Sweeper

Galvantula @ Galvantulite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Sticky Web
- Toxic Spikes
- Bug Buzz

Last edited:
Gourgeist
Type
: Grass/Ghost --> Grass/Ghost
Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia (HA) --> Technician
Stats:

HP - 55-85
Attack - 85-100 --> 115-130 (+30)
Defense - 122 --> 142 (+20)
Sp. Attack - 58 --> 73 (+15)
Sp. Def - 75 --> 95 (+20)
Speed - 99-54 --> 114-69(+15)

Moves: +Shadow Claw +Growth +Rock Tomb

Seeing that Gourgeist has these claw-like things that it doesn't really get to use and looking at its movepool, I found Technician to be a very good ability to base its Mega Evolution around. Most notably, Flame Charge was the only physical Fire move it learned, so I thought something interesting could be done around that. Shadow Sneak, Bullet Seed, Razor Leaf, Rock Smash and Hidden Power were other options I could see it benefitting from. I gave it Rock Tomb as well for good measure since it already gets Rock Slide. With Flame Charge and the newly-acquired Growth, it can form a nice sweeping role. Mega Gourgeist is also capable of pulling off its usual defensive tactics with the lack of change in typing and the slight buffs to its Defenses and Speed.

Gourgeist-Small @ Mega Stone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Growth / Shadow Sneak
- Razor Leaf / Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb / Shadow Sneak

Gourgeist-Super @ Mega Stone
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Rock Tomb
- Will-o-Wisp

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Flame Charge
- Rock Tomb / Rock Slide

Slurpuff
Type
: Fairy --> Fairy/Dark
Ability
: Sweet Veil / Unburden (HA) --> Sticky Sweetness (Suction Cups clone, credit to Ludicrousity for the name)
Stats:

HP - 82
Attack - 80 --> 90 (+10)
Defense - 86 --> 116 (+30)
Sp. Attack - 85 --> 115 (+30)
Sp. Defense - 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed - 72 --> 72

Moves: +Snarl

The sweet-smelling cupcake dog turns into a lure with ulterior motives. Mega Slurpuff grows larger, stronger in scent, and stickier. It also gets Snarl for special Dark STAB because it's a dog and...dogs do that.

Competitely, Suction Cups makes it so that phazing moves won't work against it, so Calm Mind sets in particular become very threatening. In addition, it can be a pain to break down with Wish and good bulk. A Belly Drum set may or may not work in practice.

Slurpuff @ Mega Stone
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind / Snarl
- Snarl / Dazzling Gleam
- Dazzling Gleam / Wish
- Protect / Wish / Flamethrower / Surf

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

Gourgeist
Type
: Grass/Ghost --> Grass/Ghost
Ability: Pickup/Frisk/Insomnia (HA) --> Technician
Stats:

HP - 55-85
Attack - 85-100 --> 115-130 (+30)
Defense - 122 --> 142 (+20)
Sp. Attack - 58 --> 73 (+15)
Sp. Def - 75 --> 95 (+20)
Speed - 99-54 --> 114-69(+15)

Moves: +Shadow Claw +Growth +Rock Tomb

Seeing that Gourgeist has these claw-like things that it doesn't really get to use and looking at its movepool, I found Technician to be a very good ability to base its Mega Evolution around. Most notably, Flame Charge was the only physical Fire move it learned, so I thought something interesting could be done around that. Shadow Sneak, Bullet Seed, Razor Leaf, Rock Smash and Hidden Power were other options I could see it benefitting from. I gave it Rock Tomb as well for good measure since it already gets Rock Slide. With Flame Charge and the newly-acquired Growth, it can form a nice sweeping role. Mega Gourgeist is also capable of pulling off its usual defensive tactics with the lack of change in typing and the slight buffs to its Defenses and Speed.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Growth / Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb / Shadow Sneak

Gourgeist-Super @ Mega Stone
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Rock Tomb
- Will-o-Wisp

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Flame Charge
- Rock Tomb / Rock Slide

Slurpuff
Type
: Fairy --> Fairy/Dark
Ability
: Sweet Veil / Unburden (HA) --> Suction Cups
Stats:

HP - 82
Attack - 80 --> 90 (+10)
Defense - 86 --> 116 (+30)
Sp. Attack - 85 --> 115 (+30)
Sp. Defense - 75 --> 105 (+30)
Speed - 72 --> 72

Moves: +Snarl

The sweet-smelling cupcake dog turns into a lure with ulterior motives. Mega Slurpuff grows larger, stronger in scent, and stickier. It also gets Snarl for special Dark STAB because it's a dog and...dogs do that.

Competitely, Suction Cups makes it so that phazing moves won't work against it, so Calm Mind sets in particular become very threatening. In addition, it can be a pain to break down with Wish and good bulk. A Belly Drum set may or may not work in practice.

Slurpuff @ Mega Stone
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind / Snarl
- Snarl / Dazzling Gleam
- Dazzling Gleam / Wish
- Protect / Wish / Flamethrower / Surf
Imo, change Suction Cups' name to something like Sticky Sweetness (yes, you can renane abilities to make them fit to the mega). Just to fit Slurpuff more :)
If you do this, just lay it out like this:
Ability: Sticky Sweetness (renamed Suction Cups)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)