Alola Formes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, they have cocoa beans in their bodies? Sorry, can't help but point out the biological absurdity here. I'd suggest changing that somehow, someway, that sugar or glucose from Alolan Miltanks (maybe from an experimental sugary diet, such as fruit) gets into the lactose (milk), making it even sweeter. Though I know of no way for lactose to become brown naturally.
I mean, Pokémon hasn't always been scientifically accurate, and I think that this change is in the realm of changes that game freak can make (looking at you, epileptic muk).
And you, Alolan Wigtrio

And my other submissions that got in (Dragon Fruit Tree and Balloon turned Hang Glider)were already scientifically accurate, and I was also rushed so I had no time to research

I mean, Pokémon hasn't always been scientifically accurate, and I think that this change is in the realm of changes that game freak can make (looking at you, epileptic muk).
And you, Alolan Wigtrio

And my other submissions that got in (Dragon Fruit Tree and Balloon turned Hang Glider)were already scientifically accurate, and I was also rushed so I had no time to research
That, and my Regice that got in is completely and utterly impossible. It will still burn as brightly as ever after the potential heat death of the universe, after all.

Well, that's nice, we have an unknown amount of time left and we already have at least one submission for each line!

Also, just a suggestion/request, could you possibly put the amount of time a slate would last on the post with the slate?
Current Slate
**You may only submit one Evolutionary Line per slate**
Discussion on Submissions will end 10/20

Porygon line

Miltank

Cacnea

Bidoof

Cottonee line

Larvesta line

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
I'm posting the flavor first, because otherwise none of this makes sense.

Flavor: Alolan Bidoof is an anomaly among Alolan Pokemon. Researchers have concluded that this Bidoof actually predates those from Sinnoh. Its long beak makes it look like a cross between the Psyduck line and the Bidoof line. Alolan Bidoof navigates through murky waters using their mental prowess to sense obstructions and food, often smashing head first into their prey. After evolving into Alolan Bibarel, it develops venom throughout its tail and flippers which aid it in hunting. The venom pains Alolan Bibarel, making it more aggressive and frail than its Sinnoh counterpart.

Pokemon: Bidoof
New typing: Psychic
New abilities: Water Veil / Oblivious / HA: Damp
New stats: 50/65/35/15/35/50 (-9/+20/-5/-20/-5/+19)
New/removed moves: + Agility, Drill Peck, Egg Bomb, Peck, Poison Sting, Psycho Cut, Psywave (+7)
- Blizzard, Charge Beam, Defense Curl, Echoed Voice, Grass Knot, Hyper Fang, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Rollout, Round, Shadow Ball, Snore, Super Fang, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Yawn (-16)

Pokemon: Bibarel
New typing: Psychic/Poison
New abilities: Water Absorb / Poison Touch / HA: Swift Swim
New stats: 50/115/40/65/40/100 (-29/+30/-20/+10/-20/+29)
New/removed moves: + Agility, Cross Poison, Dragon Tail, Drill Peck, Egg Bomb, Gunk Shot, Head Smash, Iron Head, Peck, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Psycho Cut, Psywave, Sucker Punch, U-turn, Zen Headbutt (+17)
- Blizzard, Charge Beam, Defense Curl, Echoed Voice, Focus Punch, Grass Knot, Hyper Fang, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Rollout, Round, Shadow Ball, Snore, Super Fang, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Yawn (-17)

This was a fun take on doing a platypus. From Psyduck I went further with the whole confusion theme by making it a psychic type and applied it to navigation since the platypus essentially shuts off most of its senses when underwater. There's also a real lack of physical psychic types, so I thought this would be a fun space.

I wanted to go with something really odd from top to bottom, so while it interacts quite a bit with water (retaining all of its water moves and having several water abilities) it is not a water type. The abilities were meant to reflect so many different aspects of these creatures and so I decided not to have them overlap. I came up with the unique type combination for Alolan Bibarel to emphasize how weird this thing is. Although we're not building for competitive, I thought it'd be interesting if the pre-evo had way different options than the evolution. Egg Bomb is a reference to them being egg laying mammals.

Stat wise, I decided I wanted this be rather similar to the Buizel family since in my head, that's how Alolan Bidoof and Bibarel would be shaped. I'd have loved to have gotten this thing faster or bulkier, but its base stats are really stupid. Poison / Psychic would have made for a fun defensive mon, but thematically it wouldn't have made sense.

Last edited:
I'm posting the flavor first, because otherwise none of this makes sense.

Flavor: Alolan Bidoof is an anomaly among Alolan Pokemon. Researchers have concluded that this Bidoof actually predates those from Sinnoh. Its long beak makes it look like a cross between the Psyduck line and the Bidoof line. Alolan Bidoof navigates through murky waters using their mental prowess to sense obstructions and food, often smashing head first into their prey. After evolving into Alolan Bibarel, its flippers become toxic to aid in hunting. It also finds itself far more aggressive
Pokemon: Bidoof
New typing: Psychic
New abilities: Water Veil / Oblivious / HA: Damp
New stats: 50/65/35/15/35/50 (-9/+20/-5/-20/-5/+19)
New/removed moves: + Agility, Drill Peck, Egg Bomb, Peck, Poison Sting, Psycho Cut, Psywave (+7)
- Blizzard, Charge Beam, Defense Curl, Echoed Voice, Grass Knot, Hyper Fang, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Rollout, Round, Shadow Ball, Snore, Super Fang, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Yawn (-16)

Pokemon: Bibarel
New typing: Psychic/Poison
New abilities: Water Absorb / Poison Touch / HA: Swift Swim
New stats: 70/115/45/25/45/110 (-9/+30/-10/-30/-10/+29)
New/removed moves: + Agility, Cross Poison, Dragon Tail, Drill Peck, Egg Bomb, Gunk Shot, Head Smash, Iron Head, Peck, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Psycho Cut, Psywave, Sucker Punch, U-turn, Zen Headbutt (+17)
- Blizzard, Charge Beam, Defense Curl, Echoed Voice, Focus Punch, Grass Knot, Hyper Fang, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Rollout, Round, Shadow Ball, Snore, Super Fang, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Yawn (-17)

This was a fun take on doing a platypus. From Psyduck I went further with the whole confusion theme by making it a psychic type and applied it to navigation since the platypus essentially shuts off most of its senses when underwater. There's also a real lack of physical psychic types, so I thought this would be a fun space.

I wanted to go with something really odd from top to bottom, so while it interacts quite a bit with water (retaining all of its water moves and having several water abilities) it is not a water type. The abilities were meant to reflect so many different aspects of these creatures and so I decided not to have them overlap. I came up with the unique type combination for Alolan Bibarel to emphasize how weird this thing is. Although we're not building for competitive, I thought it'd be interesting if the pre-evo had way different options than the evolution. Egg Bomb is a reference to them being egg laying mammals.

Stat wise, I decided I wanted this be rather similar to the Buizel family since in my head, that's how Alolan Bidoof and Bibarel would be shaped. I'd have loved to have gotten this thing faster or bulkier, but its base stats are really stupid. Poison / Psychic would have made for a fun defensive mon, but thematically it wouldn't have made sense.
The attack gap on Alolan Bibarel exceeds 50. Epic form though, I like the platypus flavour.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon
: Porygon
New typing: Ghost/Electric
New abilities: Shadow Tag/Adaptability/(No Guard)
New stats: 65/85/60/60/60/60
Removed Moves: Tackle, Flash, Last Resort, Swift, Dream Eater, Tri-Attack
Added Moves: Hypnosis, Wild Charge, Shadow Sneak, Assurance, Crunch, Extreme Speed
Will Finish When I get Back on my laptop :P

Last edited:
Ok, now this slate is 6 days over. Is there any reason for this?
Also, since this next slate will take place during Halloween, perhaps we can do something special for this one, like either do Halloween-Like Pokémon or make it so we have to put ghost typing in our submissions?

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Ok, now this slate is 6 days over. Is there any reason for this?
Also, since this next slate will take place during Halloween, perhaps we can do something special for this one, like either do Halloween-Like Pokémon or make it so we have to put ghost typing in our submissions?
Slate is overdue because my life has gone crazy. Blame me. It's about half done, so look for it soon.
We'll talk about themed slates.

EDIT: Like everybody seems to do I took a second look at this post and realized it was a milestone! 100!

bp scrub scrub
Chloe. Chole is chill auth and its not her fault she lives in the wrong hemisphere
Chopin Alkaninoff Yeh ur cool ig :/
Eevee General Why did you leave me :'( (I'm trying so hard not to say Senpai, but I guess that is what I'm doing here)
Grains of Salt You have good meta ideas. Keep it up.
ihhca what even is your Smogon name and what does it have to do with your PS name???
InfernapeTropius11 Infernape and Tropius are heat core in ts. You should come on more often so I can meme at you.
OM room LINES
MacChaeger Hi Alola buddy!
Nerds of a Feather / Mental Meowtic F (Do you even have a Smogon? You change names p frequently) You're a cool cat. And by cool I mean NERD
Official Fissure When I started hanging out in the om room regularly you had the little star thing and I was like wow this person must be the best battler ever :O Then I found out you were just some nub.
Scarfnaut Did I have anything written here before idk and idc smh noob I changed it you happy?
The Official Glyx Who's Glyx sounds like a bad user tbh

If I missed you feel free to bug me but not in this thread ofc. A lot of this came from glancing at the roomauth list, so anyone not on that stands a good chance of having been forgotten.

EDIT: Almost forgot my one true bae, tiBOT <3

EDIT: JES I like literally all the submissions, if I miss one it's an oversight. I would avoid reading into that.

Last edited:
I got a like from you. Is that a good sign?

Edit: you liked everyone's version Lunesta. That probably just means you wish you could pick all of them. We all know that isn't the case. That, and my story for Porygon was genius (not so much the execution though, which is why I threw the hat for Volcarona instead).

When looking through the list, I saw that we have an Alolan Golem when there will be an Alolan Golem in the game. Perhaps we could classify them as something like Alolan Golem Psychic and Alolan Golem [Insert Golem 2's description]?

When looking through the list, I saw that we have an Alolan Golem when there will be an Alolan Golem in the game. Perhaps we could classify them as something like Alolan Golem Psychic and Alolan Golem [Insert Golem 2's description]?
I was actually thinking ours ought to be removed, since it conflicts with the official one, but I suppose I could see having them both... The Ruins of Alpha, what do you think?

I was actually thinking ours ought to be removed, since it conflicts with the official one, but I suppose I could see having them both... The Ruins of Alpha, what do you think?
The main reason I was thinking this solution was mainly not to rip that person's winning submission from them. Afterall, it was just tough luck that their submission was the one that there was already an Alolan form for.

Wait, there is an official Alolan Golem?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For the next slate, I personally want to see
  • Mismagius line (It's a mage)
  • Slurpuff line (Based on (cotton) candy)
  • Ariados/Galvantula line (Arachnids)
  • Crobat line (bats)
  • Gourgeist line (Pumpkins)
  • Golurk line (I guess it could be a costume, but I'm mainly choosing it because Golurk is my favourite pokemon, and it's Ghost type)

Last edited:
Pokemon: Porygon
New typing: Water
New Abilities: Illuminate/Water Veil(Filter)
New Stats: Unchanged
Removed moves: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Magnet Rise, Gravity, Electroweb, Swift, Tackle, Zap Cannon, Foul Play, Double-Edge, Endure, Nightmare, Trick, Magic Coat(15)
New moves: Aqua Jet, Whirlpool, Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Surf, Scald, Water Pulse, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Reflect (10)

Flavor: Is more duck-like. Designed solely to see if a robot duck could be made and programmed with behaviors convincingly similar to a real duck. Also a portable water purifier.
Pokemon: Porygon2
New abilities: Illuminate/Water Veil (Filter)
New stats: 90(+5)/110(+30)/95(+5)/105(+0)/90(-5)/25(-35) (515 BST)
New/removed moves:
New: Dive, Surf, Scald, Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Whirlpool, Aqua Tail, Reflect, Light Screen, Water Pulse, U-Turn, Bulk Up, Hydro Pump (15)
Removed: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Magnet Rise, Gravity, Electroweb, Swift, Tackle, Zap Cannon, Foul Play, Double-Edge, Endure, Nightmare, Trick, Magic Coat(15)

Flavor: More duck-like. Designed for deep-sea exploration and research.
Competitive justification: Slow pivoting bulky water. Has 2 great abilities in Water Veil and Filter. Water Veil makes it one of the best Keldeo answers, while Filter is always a good ability for a slow pivot. Bulk Up lets this thing try to boost and sweep, as a physical bulky boosting water is something that hasn't been done yet. Of course, you can always use Scald if you don't want to boost.
Pokemon: Porygon-Z
New abilities: Technician/Water Veil (Filter)
New stats: 90(+5)/135(SpA swap)/75(+5)/80(Atk swap)/60(-15)/95(+5) (535 BST)
New/removed moves:
New: Dive, Surf, Scald, Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Water Gun, Bubble Beam, Whirlpool, Aqua Tail, Reflect, Light Screen, Water Pulse, U-Turn, Bulk Up, Hydro Pump, (15)
Removed: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Magnet Rise, Gravity, Electroweb, Swift, Tackle, Zap Cannon, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Foul Play, Double-Edge, Endure, Nightmare (15)

Flavor: Modified by a third-party company to act as a surveillance drone that can operate both in and out of water.
Competitive justification: A physical counterpart for Keldeo. Fast physically offensive Waters are near nonexistent, making this an interesting experiment. Porygon-Z has a surprisingly good movepool for Technician, with Aerial Ace, the new Aqua Jet, and Thief. You can even go mixed and use Hidden Power Fire or Shock Wave to hit specific targets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)