ASB Team Tournament Finals

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASB Team Tournament Redux

Those are the prizes yo
Almost four years ago came the tournament that would change the face of ASB, with 15 teams of three signing up for a chance at the then coveted Master Ball, fighting it out in glorious team destroying fashion. Long notorious for the quality of its matches, the rise of newcomers to the upper echelon of ASB, and the first instance of serious johning, the original team tournament was a sight to behold, with Team jassmashpwn triumphing in the finals over Team Cruel Brittania. In honour of that tournament, Birkal, FMD, and myself return to bring you the highest quality of competition once more. This time the stakes are as high as ever, with not one but THREE legends being given out as prizes. Long awaited in ASB, you have the opportunity to win your team the Kalos trio: Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

24 combatants have fought long and hard to make it to this point in search of these coveted prizes and we bring to you now the two finalists for this tournament.

Up first: Team Rocket!

Singles: Birkal
Doubles: Mowtom
Triples: Frosty

And their intrepid opponents: Team Midnight Machine!

Singles: YellowAdminSilver
Doubles: Dogfish44
Triples: Maxim

The teams are set, the combatants are ready, it's time for a death battaaaaaaaaaallllll BEGIN!

The following rules will apply to each tournament match:
  • All Abilities
  • All Items
  • 3 recovers/5 chills
  • 3 Substitutions
  • 1 Mega
  • Switch=KO
  • 3 Day DQ for battlers
  • 3 Day DQ for refs
  • Self-KO clause; in the event of a double KO to end the match, the Pokemon that KOed itself through whatever means (self-KOing move, energy exhaustion, etc) loses.
Once battles start they are expected to move quickly; this means both battlers and refs should be active. Also, tournament matches should be your first priority; if you have to decide between posting for a tournament match and posting for another match, then unless you are severely risking DQ in the other match or have already done a tournament round that day then you should post in the tournament match. Battlers, you are on a 3 day DQ warning, between you and your teammates it should not be difficult to get orders in. You have one DQ warning per match, go over that and you lose, tough shit. Don't get DQed. With respect to LOAs, you will have a TOTAL of 5 days per match that you can extend DQ by via LOA. Go over 5 days, burn your DQ warning, and get DQed? You lose. Don't screw your team.

Finally, we would also like to see a return of the fantastic flavour that was characteristic of the original ASB Team Tournament and, as such, FMD and I will be subjectively awarding bonus UC based on the subjective quality and content provided in the flavour of the reffing. Feel free to reference old tournament matches if you are unsure of how to go about this process.

Important Information, Rulings, Alterations, and Other Miscellaneous Information
- FMD is the assistant host
- Singles will be 3a/round, doubles and triples will be 2a/round
- You may collaborate with team members to create orders. You MAY NOT post on their behalf.
- There is a default blanket ban on legendaries. You may bring them if both battlers agree to their use. Therefore we will allow an extra slot exclusively for the use of legends. As the opponent has control over the use of the legend, this should not convey any unfair advantages.

Matchups:

Team Rocket vs. Team Midnight Machine

1. Singles
Birkal vs. YellowAdminSilver
Ref: ???

2. Doubles
Mowtom vs. Dogfish44

3. Triples
Frosty vs. Maxim

Deadline to send in will be two days after the refs have been posted. Refs, please have your thraed up within two days or that time.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As this is a final round I am asking for special ref applications willing to put in the effort and quality in reffing and flavour worthy of a tournament finals.

Texas Cloverleaf

Congrats guys!

Midnight Machine, get your legend picks in here ASAP and claim them thereafter, ideally in the next few days, Rocket go ahead and claim your 2x Heart Scales as runners-up.

YellowAdminSilver is almost certainly picking up Yveltal. Post here to confirm.

Dogfish44 and I are undecided on which legends we want to pick up. Would it be okay if we waited on this until Sun/Moon comes out? I say this because Zygarde's about to get a new form that I want to know more details about before I make my decision, and DF has stated he'll choose whichever one I decline to pick up. In particular I'd like to know whether this Zygarde's going to come with the ability to become Zygarde-C (I believe IAR stated this one would, but I want to at least get that confirmed before making my decision).

Texas Cloverleaf

YellowAdminSilver is almost certainly picking up Yveltal. Post here to confirm.

Dogfish44 and I are undecided on which legends we want to pick up. Would it be okay if we waited on this until Sun/Moon comes out? I say this because Zygarde's about to get a new form that I want to know more details about before I make my decision, and DF has stated he'll choose whichever one I decline to pick up. In particular I'd like to know whether this Zygarde's going to come with the ability to become Zygarde-C (I believe IAR stated this one would, but I want to at least get that confirmed before making my decision).
I'd really really rather not delay this three weeks. Claim now and trade later if you want

24 people in the tournament so:
For 24-47man tourneys: 60*(([Number of Rounds]*[Time expected per round]+14 days)/[Time taken from Round 1 to the end of Last Round])
3 rounds.
5v5 triples is 75 days.
4th of April to 5th of November (inclusive) is 215 days.

60*((3*75+14)/215 = 67 UC

I'm subhost, so:
For 24-47man tourneys: 60*(Number of Rounds Left including the current one)/(Number of Rounds total)*([Number of Rounds left]*[Time expected per round]/[Time taken from the time subhosting occurred to the end of Last Round])
I cohosted 2/3 rounds.
16th of June to 5th of November (inclusive) is 138 days.

60*2/3*(2*75/138) = 44 UC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)