Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People, there is a bug with Fly. I was testing the subDDnite set of BW with Fly recently, and i came acrosss with some noob with Take Down. Long story short, Fly gets cancelled as usual when hit by Smack Down, but you get forced to use Fly on the next turn, and the craziest thing, on the third turn you can cancel fly to another attack. Take a look at the replay, turns 29-31 is the first time it happens:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-467258530
Not like it matters, because nobody in his right mind use something as weak and useless as Smack Down, but this game is supposed to replicate the game exactly...

And to be sure, revise Bounce's code. It might happen there too.

EDIT: It happens with Bounce too. Both attacks are glitched.

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
On Showdown, when a Pokemon hits itself in its confusion, if that confusion hit would drop the Pokemon's HP below 50%, Sitrus Berry can activate. However, this is not how it works in-game; self-confusion hits do not trigger Sitrus Berry.
Showdown replay (incorrect): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoubles-467037224
In-game example:
Battle Video code: 72LG-WWWW-WW54-ZFJ3

Last edited:
So is there any possible way to explain this?

Go! Venusaur (Venusaur-Mega)!
sodass1 sent out Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
[Opposing Gengar's Teravolt!]
The opposing Gengar is radiating a bursting aura!
Turn 1

Venusaur used Switcheroo!
But it failed!

The opposing Gengar used Pursuit!
Venusaur lost 5% of its health!

sugarhigh sent out Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
Turn 1
★Adrian Hates D/C: This is weird

Venusaur switched items with its target!
The opposing Gengar obtained one Black Sludge.
Venusaur obtained one Spooky Plate.

I know for a fact that the opposing team in question is identical in both replays. We reenacted the scenario with varying results—it worked twice with one user, who was using an unregged account at the time. It didn't work with Mold Breaker or Turboblaze, which are supposed to be mechanically identical. However, it did not work the third time with the same player, but it worked in all instances vs another player. It seems like this bug isn't related to Judgment + Plate at all, as that has also been tested. I know for a fact that the Teravolt Gengar in the initial instance (the first time it occurred was during a ladder match in Balanced Hackmons) was using Spooky Plate + Judgment, due to doing over 40% to my fully invested Mega Venusaur. This rules out the possibility of Gengarite and Mail.

Ok,so first off i was told to post this here from help room, as for whatever reason my alt, Rainekoat is not autoconfirmed, even though everything says it should be

(no, the alt is not impersonation, it's just more of a joke, i'm friends with raineko, and he's fine with it)

http://prntscr.com/d1y3ux <--- proof that i can't talk in AC rooms.

So, i've tried restarting the game, going in 3 browsers, logging out several times, talking in several different rooms, everything i'd think to do if it was just a bit bugged. i dont quite understand why it wont work..
(not a high priority issue, as of course it's a alt, but still confused why it doesn't work)

So is there any possible way to explain this?

sodass1 sent out Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
Turn 1

But it failed!

sugarhigh sent out Gengar (Gengar-Mega)!
Turn 1
★Adrian Hates D/C: This is weird

Venusaur switched items with its target!
The opposing Gengar obtained one Black Sludge.
Venusaur obtained one Spooky Plate.

I know for a fact that the opposing team in question is identical in both replays. We reenacted the scenario with varying results—it worked twice with one user, who was using an unregged account at the time. It didn't work with Mold Breaker or Turboblaze, which are supposed to be mechanically identical. However, it did not work the third time with the same player, but it worked in all instances vs another player. It seems like this bug isn't related to Judgment + Plate at all, as that has also been tested. I know for a fact that the Teravolt Gengar in the initial instance (the first time it occurred was during a ladder match in Balanced Hackmons) was using Spooky Plate + Judgment, due to doing over 40% to my fully invested Mega Venusaur. This rules out the possibility of Gengarite and Mail.
I'm not an expert on mechanics and don't know what's the expected behavior of this interaction, however I do have a question. I'm looking at these two replays, which I believe correspond with the logs in your "bugged" and "attempted replication" hide tags, respectively. Correct me if I'm wrong:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-468088347
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-468115682

In the second replay, we see that your Mega Venusaur gives the Mega Gengar a Black Sludge. However, in the first replay, after your Mega Venusaur take 5% from Pursuit, it does not appear to receive any healing from the Black Sludge it's supposed to be holding. Are you certain your Mega Venusaur was in fact carrying a Black Sludge and not either Venusaurite or Mail in the first replay?

I'm not an expert on mechanics and don't know what's the expected behavior of this interaction, however I do have a question. I'm looking at these two replays, which I believe correspond with the logs in your "bugged" and "attempted replication" hide tags, respectively. Correct me if I'm wrong:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-468088347
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-468115682

In the second replay, we see that your Mega Venusaur gives the Mega Gengar a Black Sludge. However, in the first replay, after your Mega Venusaur take 5% from Pursuit, it does not appear to receive any healing from the Black Sludge it's supposed to be holding. Are you certain your Mega Venusaur was in fact carrying a Black Sludge and not either Venusaurite or Mail in the first replay?
As a matter of fact, my Venusaur was carrying Venusaurite in the first replay.... I don't know how on earth this happened (I never use Venusaurite on my Mega Venusaur) but I believe I was using Black Sludge during the initial battle. We all got very confused when a friend of mine said that plates couldn't be tricked, which opened us to suggestion and.... tricked us. I hope this is an oversight in my part and not an actual bug with the teambuilder or something else. If it is an oversight, know that I am very sorry :(

EDIT:

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear:

The initial battle wasn't saved, thereby causing the replay to be the first recording, by default.

Last edited:
Venusaur was carrying Venusaurite in the first replay [...] I believe I was using Black Sludge during the initial battle
Not sure what's initial and what's first, but Venusaurite is the default item for Mega Venusaur and the teambuilder will place it there when you select the mon. Maybe you didn't change it from that?

As for stones and plates, they can't be tricked or knocked off if the pokemon carrying them has a form change associated with the item. That is, you can knock off a Venusaurite from Arceus and a Grass Plate from Venusaur; but not the other way around.

MichaelXD2

Banned deucer.
I keep disconnecting every second while trying to battle with the laptop computer but not my desktop. What is going on? I planned to post about this a few months ago, but I finally got around to it. Can this be looked into? I was pretty sure my internet was stable, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I keep disconnecting every second while trying to battle with the laptop computer but not my desktop. What is going on? I planned to post about this a few months ago, but I finally got around to it. Can this be looked into? I was pretty sure my internet was stable, but now I'm not so sure anymore.
Sounds more like an issue with your laptop than with PS itself. I suggest that you take a look at the OP (original post) of the Technical Support thread to see if any of that could help you.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did one Pokemon's Protectvariant affect another's?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup1v1-469428573

Purugly is confused!

Purugly used Super Fang!
The opposing Meloetta lost 38% of its health!

The opposing Meloetta used Fire Punch!
Purugly lost 19.3% of its health!
The opposing Meloetta lost some of its HP!

The opposing Meloetta was hurt by poison!
Turn 4

Purugly is confused!

Purugly used Endure!
Purugly braced itself!

The opposing Meloetta used Protect!
But it failed!

The opposing Meloetta was hurt by poison!

The opposing Meloetta fainted!

Amir

Banned deucer.
I'd like to report a glitch.
I have a Jolly choice scarf Victini showing max stats of 328 in speed.
When I used V-create it popped up as 327.
This made me worried about future games and I don't want to lose to a miscalculation, that is never going to be a 50/50 because I'm 1 point shorter.
It's supposed to be 328 not 327, thank you.

Attachments

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
This made me worried about future games and I don't want to lose to a miscalculation, that is never going to be a 50/50 because I'm 1 point shorter.
This is not a bug. The exact drop in Gen 3+ for stats is x(2/3), not the displayed x0.67. We can approximate this by using 0.66666666. 328*0.66666666 is 218.66666448 (more 6's means that the 6's in the answer continue onwards). This is floored, as in all calculations, to 218. 218 scarfed (a x1.5 boost) is 327. In other words, if you reproduced this on cart, a Scarf -1 Victini will always move after a +0 non scarfed Victini if both have 252+ speed EVs.

We can also do this the other way around if we want to double check in this case. 328*1.5=492, 492*0.6666666666=327.999999967 which is floored to 327.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Due to the way stats are calculated in Pokemon games, the Victini actually does have and is supposed to have 327 Speed after the V-Create debuff.
This is because stats take the buffs/debuffs the Pokemon has into calculation first, floor the number it gets from the stat debuff and then take the item it holds into account. So in this sceanrio, it's calculated like this: 328*2/3=218,67 which is floored to 218. 218 scarfed (*1.5) is 327.

Here's a battle video replay to prove that's how it works in-game: 6E5G-WWWW-WW55-AFAK
Both the Metagross and the Hoopa have the speeds 262 (as shown here). Metagross holds a Choice scarf and is debuffed in speed by using Hammer arm on Swampert. So Metagross' speed is 262*2/3=174.67 which is floored to 174. 174 scarfed is 261. The hoopa outspeeds the Metagross on all 9 turns where Metagross tries to use Hammer arm but fails.

Hey so my account has been around since Jan 1 2015 and I am still not rank autoconfirmed even though I have won ladder battles. I just now wanted to start talking in chat rooms and cannot. If you need a screenshot I can supply one. Thanks for the help!

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey so my account has been around since Jan 1 2015 and I am still not rank autoconfirmed even though I have won ladder battles. I just now wanted to start talking in chat rooms and cannot. If you need a screenshot I can supply one. Thanks for the help!
Have you registered your account? If you register then wait a week, it will be autoconfirmed. You can register by clicking the gear at the top right then clicking "Register"

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-460339314
Endless battle clause was triggered prematurely due to full para and truant activating in 5 consecutive alternating turns (starting turn 71). Obviously not really a problem in this case, but this does mean it could potentially happen erroneously in a 1v1 match of Ditto vs. Body Slam Slaking, for example.
Very late addendum to this but here's a replay (turn 67) proving my hypothesis (with two Slakings and Thunder Wave instead of Ditto and Body Slam because the 30% paralysis + Ditto having only 20 PP total was proving too ineffective):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-471468606
Again, Slaking v Slaking with both having Thunder Wave and Cotton Guard is a normally impossible scenario, but this should prove the hypothetical outcome of the entirely possible scenario originally proposed. It also suggests that if two Pokemon in a 1v1 froze each other for 5-6 consecutive turns but were unable to do any lasting damge (see: Leftovers Vaporeon with Ice Beam), endless battle could also trigger there. These are both obviously very, very fringe case, but could be worth addressing, especially if gen 7 gives us a Pokemon with both Truant and a guaranteed paralysis move, or perhaps a more reliable way to freeze.

In case it wasn't clear, the bug here is that Endless Battle Clause detecting an endless loop where there is none.

P.S. It just occurred to me that Durant gets Truant, Thunder Wave, and Entrainment, making this a lot easier to pull off in a normal battle, assuming the opponent is "kind" enough to paralyze Durant back.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

For a weird reason sometimes, when I log in on PS I can't see the userlist of a private room but I can see them speaking etc O_O was wondering why and if it can be solved.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quite an annoying one here. So today I was testing out some teams against an opponent and noticed I couldn't cancel as it kept me on the attack screen and didn't move to the cancel screen. I thought it might have been an issue at my end so I refreshed and it continued. I then went and tested it with about 7 other people and they all had the same issue of the attack screen staying and only the first input being taken.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Doubles is super broken right now with this new update - you can't select Pokemon correctly in Team Preview at all.

EDIT: To be clear, when you choose a Pokemon, it autoselects the remaining three based on party slots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)