Project Top 10 6th Gen NU Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Xatu is our #3 most influential Pokemon on the NU metagame!

Voting for #4 starts now and will continue until tomorrow evening (so about 24 hours). Make sure to get your votes in quick. Samurott is now also on the slate.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Typhlosion is our #4 most influential Pokemon on the NU metagame! (and also has the worst XY model lol).

Voting for #5 starts now and will continue until tomorrow evening (so about 24 hours). I was away all weekend so that's why I was a bit late this time.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voting for Tauros IMO if I can't vote for it this cycle, I vote for feraligatr

eh fuck it

Nominating Tauros

What effect did Tauros have on the metagame?

As long as it has been in NU, Tauros has been one of the best wallbreakers in the tier. It is a solid revenge killer due to its stellar Speed tier and coverage. It helped cause the rise of defensive threats such as Bronzor and warranted a suspect test due to all of its good qualities.

In what main roles was Tauros used?

Tauros has one main set; a Life Orb Wallbreaker set with Sheer Force. However, this set has many coverage options; Rock Climb, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Iron Head / Tail, and Zen Headbutt stand out. Its insane coverage and movepool, along with good speed tier, allow it to be a great corebreaker and revenge killer in NU.

What caused it to have a significant impact?

The main things that have caused Tauros to have a large impact on the metagame are its Speed tier, which outspeeds threats such as Pyroar and Scyther, along with its coverage and Sheer Force. Its ability to threaten so many mons is one of the main reasons why every team has to have a solid Normal resist or way to revenge kill it, such as Rhydon or Regirock, or Choice Scarf users such as Rotom or Jynx.

How do/did you deal with this Pokemon in NU?

Many of the Fighting-types in the tier, such as Gurdurr and Hariyama, can take a hit and KO it back with their STAB. Normal resists such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock are good defensive checks, but even they can be 2HKOd by Tauros' coverage. Bronzor and Mega Audino can take anything Tauros tries to hit it with and cripple it. As a result, it is important to have a Pokemon faster than Tauros on most teams because the best way to deal with it is to revenge kill it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)