Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Spotlight is for Battle royale. (spotlighted pokemon do not get attacked by partner pokemon through redirection)
So in a double battle the only Targets for Spotlight that would work with the Redirect effect would be on the side of the user then... Can the User pick itself?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Electric Seed gave me an instant + 1 Def when it entered the battlefield and the item disappeared from Tapu Koko, safe to say Unburden users can benefit from this in doubles which is neat.
So it electric seed was consumed as soon as you sent out tapu koko and its ability set electric terrain?

Can Zygarde's core Enforcer only be used in perfect form? Or does it change from thousand arrows/thousand waves when it changes?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Red Card triggers before Emergency Exit, but they trigger within the same step (both Pokemon go out before the player is given an action). I can't confirm if the enemy player waits for my switch-in before choosing his Pokemon or if its a blind double because of single player, though.

Additionally, Sitrus Berry bringing you above 50% health cancels Emergency Exit.

I had trouble trying to test Eject button with my current set-up but based on the other two it looks like item triggers always happen before Emergency Exit, so it should trigger first (not that it really matters).

EDIT: I figured out a way to test it. It triggers first, as expected.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Since Mega Evolving no longer follows predetermined turn order, whether it be via Speed increases (+30 Speed or w/e) or Weather Speed buffs (MSwamp's Swift Swim), does this mean predetermined turn order is removed from all Pokemon in general?

Like, say in a Double Battle, you have a Swift Swim/Chlorophyll mon and some random mon on the field. If you switch out the random mon for your Drizzle/Drought Pokemon, does your Swift Swim/Chlorophyll user instantly gain the Speed advantage?

List of Signature moves and if they function (because everyone keeps asking):
Note: I am not going to test every single unique move, only the relevant ones (i.e. weren't an event move on another pokemon, aren't viable in most cases,
Judgment:
Dark Void: Only works on Darkrai
Sketch: Works on anything
Sunsteel Strike: Works on anything
Moongeist Beam: Works on anything
Hyperspace Hole: Works on anything
Hyperspace Fury: Still Hoopa-U only
Thousand Arrows: Works on anything
Thousand Waves: Works on anything
Core Enforcer: Works on anything
Geomancy: Works on anything
Oblivion Wing: Assumed to work on anything (since it is paired with geomancy)
Steam Eruption: Works on anything
Multi-Attack: Works on anything
Fleur Cannon: Works on anything
Nature's Madness: Works on anything
Prismatic Laser: Works on anything
Diamond Storm: Works on anything
Burn Up: Fails if you are not currently fire type?
The starter signature moves: Works on anything
Roost: When used with Moltres after Burn Up has removed it's fire typing (making it flying only), Roost only makes moltres "grounded" (as in, it takes resisted damage from fighting and neutral from ghost attacks).

Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam ignore Disguise's immunity, using a move on the next turn broke disguise as expected.

Triage + Health draining moves are +3 priority

Triage in general is +3

Triage + Leech Seed, Aromatherapy/Heal bell, Ingrain, Pain split are +0

if alakazam mega evolves in front of swift swim user under the rain (or sand rush user under sandstorm, etc). would his speed get doubled immediately right at that very turn?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does Pursuit's ability to hit switching targets get blocked by Queenly Majesty, Dazzling, or Psychic Terrain?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Well guess we got a problem @_@
I didn't even consider the possibility that it'd be +3 so I didn't test for it. I pretty hastily tested it in the middle of the Emergency Exit stuff because I saw it on the list and figured I could check it real quick. I probably should've only said "gives increased priority" rather than specifically +1.

Well guess we got a problem @_@
I am actually using a potato to record this, so turn your volume down. The only poke that I had with protect without prankster had dazzling, so yeah...

I posted about the Mega Evolution turn order news to reddit, and someone in the thread asked something interesting that I did not know the answer to, so I figure I'd post here. In X and Y, a glitch exists where if a Pokemon with Protean uses Curse while it is not a Ghost type, it changes to a Ghost type and then curses itself, presumably because selecting the move while not a Ghost type causes the user to target itself in an attempt to buff itself, but then after becoming a Ghost-type it remains targeting itself. Minor thing, but is that bug fixed in Sun and Moon?

Reactions: nv

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
I posted about the Mega Evolution turn order news to reddit, and someone in the thread asked something interesting that I did not know the answer to, so I figure I'd post here. In X and Y, a glitch exists where if a Pokemon with Protean uses Curse while it is not a Ghost type, it changes to a Ghost type and then curses itself, presumably because selecting the move while not a Ghost type causes the user to target itself in an attempt to buff itself, but then after becoming a Ghost-type it remains targeting itself. Minor thing, but is that bug fixed in Sun and Moon?
This is unchanged, which means this is probably intended behavior.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)