Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Can we have the sprite of the HG/SS youngster on Showdown as an avatar? As far as I know, there's no hidden avatar combination for this sprite.

The Ignore Tournaments feature is nice and all so you don't get annoying notifications while doing other things but sometimes I actually want to join a tournament without having to inconveniently refresh the page, since toggling off Ignore Tournaments alone doesn't seem to take effect until you refresh.
There should be an option to disable the notifications from a tournament starting but not lock you out of tournaments entirely like the current Ignore Tournaments option.

Hey, there is literally 0 mode where I can play Mega-Swampert with Gen7 Pelipper for example except "Balanced Hackmons" which sucks. Is it possible to add a new mode where we can play such things ? Because many megas aren't here and they will probably come out somehow with the Pokebank.

Hey, there is literally 0 mode where I can play Mega-Swampert with Gen7 Pelipper for example except "Balanced Hackmons" which sucks. Is it possible to add a new mode where we can play such things ? Because many megas aren't here and they will probably come out somehow with the Pokebank.
No, actually pokebank does not allow item transfers and swampertite is not accessible in sun/moon. Unless an event or something brings back the stones, we can't preemptively put them back. I'm moving this to suggestions because that's where it belongs. Please don't make threads on this forum unless it's something that's both relevant to the forum and sparks user participation.

I think (now this one's a big one) that it would be great for the teambuilder to allow implementation of custom pokemon down to every aspect. These pokemon could only be used in custom games, but I think the community would love it. What I mean is, people should be allowed to upload sprites for pokemon (that would be saved locally[also they would need a front and back sprite]), edit its movepool, its base stats, the abilities it can access, and its typing. When someone engages in a battle with someone else using a custom team the necessary values to make each pokemon appear for each other are sent through the server so that they can be seen properly by other people. In an even more ideal world there could be a large database of custom pokemon which people can freely upload, download, and test out. I'm not super great with server-side computing but somehow I think it is possible to allow users to do this with the teambuilder engine, but would likely require some intense skill. The custom pokemon only need to be saved in the user's local cache, and when they communicate with another player with their own custom pokemon it fetches the values of them and automatically goes through the same process to create a pokemon but deletes it when the communication ends (or maybe not, since this could also be a way to share them). Anyway at the end of the day I'm just a Joe who doesn't really know what he's talking about, but I think the community would love this feature and if there is a remote possibility of it then I would implore your team to look into it. Thanks.

Can we please get a [gen 7 custom battle] game mode in which we can use the unreleased mega stones as well? For the sake of draft leagues this feature would be very helpful, since the only gen 7 gamemode that currently accepts unreleased mega stones is balanced hackmons, which is only other meta of the month

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
With the Introduction of Hyper Training in Sun and Moon, Pokemon are now able to practically have for example their Speed IV act as if it is 31, even though it is actually 30. Meaning that your Latios can have 359 Sp.A and 350 Speed and have Hidden Power Fire at the same time (instead of the 358 Sp.A and 349 Speed it would have in a gen 3-6 meta). Showdown does recognize this, by letting you give Hidden Power Fire to a Latios and then setting its IVs to 31/0/31/31/31/31, and it'll keep Hidden Power Fire when you start a match.

However, I think this could be done in a way that clarifies how Hyper Training and IVs work better; by having a separate option for a Hypertrained IV in between the section for IV and the number the stat really is (area marked in red on this picture), you could enter exactly what IVs you'd want for a Hidden Power type and make sure the stats are as high as possible at once.

(Of course, the option for Hyper training would only be available for level 100 Pokemon or on metagames where levels are automatically set to a specific number, like Battle Spot and VGC. And wouldn't be available if you selected a gen 1-6 metagame for the team)

Sorry if this is already being worked on, I haven't seen any talk of it before.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ok so i have some suggestions about /ms aka new parameters
1: /ms multihit. It will show every move that hits twice, 2-5 times and/or Triple Kick (Rock Blast, Double Kick etc.)
2: /ms dance. As of generation 7, Dancer copies every dance move and a parameter for it would be good (Petal Dance, Quiver Dance etc.)
3: if we have /ms boosts stat can't we have /ms lowers stat as well? (e.g. /ms lowers acc: Sand Attack, Mud Bomb, etc.)
4: (Although not sure if its the best idea) /ms signature: Will result in moves, exclusive to 1 Pokemon or to 1 line (Head Charge, Dark Void, etc.)

Ok so i have some suggestions about /ms aka new parameters
1: /ms multihit. It will show every move that hits twice, 2-5 times and/or Triple Kick (Rock Blast, Double Kick etc.)
2: /ms dance. As of generation 7, Dancer copies every dance move and a parameter for it would be good (Petal Dance, Quiver Dance etc.)
3: if we have /ms boosts stat can't we have /ms lowers stat as well? (e.g. /ms lowers acc: Sand Attack, Mud Bomb, etc.)
4: (Although not sure if its the best idea) /ms signature: Will result in moves, exclusive to 1 Pokemon or to 1 line (Head Charge, Dark Void, etc.)
stat drops can already be done by putting a ! in front of boost, e.g /ms !boosts attack:
Baby-Doll Eyes, Charm, Feather Dance, Growl, Memento, Noble Roar, Parting Shot, Play Nice, Tearful Look, Tickle

Can I suggest adding the associated z-moves BP/effects when using /dt for a move? If not that, then at least a command to access the dex.pokemonshowdown.com page of anything, not just Pokemon.
Edit: sniped :I

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask for this but I would really really love it if there were a kunc chat room. For those who don't know, kunc is a game in which 4 moves are displayed in the showdown chat room and the first user to guess the pokemon that has a set with the 4 moves wins. I've played it a few times in rooms like OU and AG and it's really fun, but usually mods are averse to playing it too often (understandably so) due to clutter and the fact that it's off-topic. A dedicated kunc room would be really cool without detracting from existing rooms.

Can i suggest a test of King's-Shield-lacking Aegislash? without the sword, the matchup problems with MANY new pokemon have disparated to absurd levels. In particular with the stronger Fighting types.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Can i suggest a test of King's-Shield-lacking Aegislash? without the sword, the matchup problems with MANY new pokemon have disparated to absurd levels. In particular with the stronger Fighting types.
This has nothing to do with the simulator itself, it's more of a metagame question. Uncharted Territory is the place for such.

Suggestion to make '/unwarn' a command. As a warning is a temporary box of rules which some may have considered unreasonable, the point of this command is to clear the accidental warn of a user from their modlog. Yes, it is simple to just modnote it and say 'Warn was my bad' or 'Warn was tabfail', but at the same time it isn't really neat to have something in someone's modlog that was never supposed to be there.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Suggestion to make '/unwarn' a command. As a warning is a temporary box of rules which some may have considered unreasonable, the point of this command is to clear the accidental warn of a user from their modlog. Yes, it is simple to just modnote it and say 'Warn was my bad' or 'Warn was tabfail', but at the same time it isn't really neat to have something in someone's modlog that was never supposed to be there.
You can do /modnote username wasn't supposed to be warned (or something like that)
It'll show up whenever you do /modlog username and makes it clear that the warn wasn't intentional

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I feel like a new feature could be added to add on to validating a team in the teambuilder.

Not every person is familiar with tiers when they build a team and thus do not select a format. This causes them to not be certain about what tier they should look for a battle in. Adding a button, that works the same as the current Validate button, that specifies which format a team can be used in would help out a lot.

So instead of it saying: "Your team is valid for [Gen 7] Pokebank OU." it could say something like: "Your team is valid for [Gen 7] Pokebank OU, [Gen 7] Pokebank UU, [Gen 7] Pokebank RU, [Gen 7] Pokebank NU." And maybe have it appear as a check list would make it aesthetically pleasing as well.

Heya! So there's this feature that I really think would be super fun to have.
Making double battles with 4 players.
I'm sorry if someone else requested this (I've seen this request lots of times in forums) but I personally feel like it would be super fun to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)