The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

Where would you put the Kerfluffle line in the games? For XY I'd have its pre-evo appear in Glittering Cave, and for ORAS I'd have its pre-evo appear in the first section of Meteor Falls and Kerfluffle itself appearing in the other sections that require Waterfall to access.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Where would you put the Kerfluffle line in the games? For XY I'd have its pre-evo appear in Glittering Cave, and for ORAS I'd have its pre-evo appear in the first section of Meteor Falls and Kerfluffle itself appearing in the other sections that require Waterfall to access.
Hm Kerfluffle could be in some of the haunted houses with the beds that heal you. You go to sleep in the bed and suddenly Kerfluffle!

Kerfluffle looks like something straight out of Five Nights At Freddy's. Give it a goddamn pizza joint or something already.
snake_rattler Rather than Kerfluffle itself, its upcoming Prevo could be found in the beds, just like Trubbish and Rotom in the trash cans.
Yeah. And then it would evolve and take over your pizza joint. and eat ALL THE PIZZA MWAHAHAHAH

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apologies if this is out of the realm of this thread, but we had a fun discussion on the idea of Alolan CAP formes on the Smogon discord. Here are some excerpts.

Themantyke: malaconda alolan form is a donut
malasada malaconda
ability: sweet veil
it grows donuts from its tail instead of fruit

Themantyke: what'd even be a cool cap alolan form
pyroak and argonaut are tropical enough
collosoil Ground / Water maybe??
ooh
Theorymon: yeah it could be like a beached whale

Themantyke: hawaiian tomohawk
Theorymon: Fire / Flying with magic guard
make Tomohawk one of those fire dancers

Themantyke: Grass / Fairy Necturna
or a sugar cane sack kerfluffle
Theorymon: Cotton Candy Kerfluffle

Theorymon: Water Ghost Revakanth
its a sea captiain
that went down witht he ship

Theorymon:
how about a Grass Water Naviathan
its the original one before they used steel
so its wooden

fluer: ghost/fighting voodoom

Theorymon: you know since we got an Ice Steel Sandslash despite its name
maybe we could have like
Electric Grass Pyroak
idea is that it fries stuff with the electricity
Bug / Fairy Aurumoth

Theorymon: how about....
Ice / Fire Syclant with a magnifying glass
hmm would this fit the cap kitchen thread
alolan cap forms sound like a fun idea lol

I'd like to contribute to CAP but I have only a vague understanding of the official process on here. I did have some ideas I was throwing around just for fakemon, would I be able to post them publicly here?

I'm pretty sure one of them would get cries of "bull****!".

Edit: QxC, that's an awesome model and animation! Well done!

I'd like to contribute to CAP but I have only a vague understanding of the official process on here. I did have some ideas I was throwing around just for fakemon, would I be able to post them publicly here?

I'm pretty sure one of them would get cries of "bull****!".

Edit: QxC, that's an awesome model and animation! Well done!
Feel free to post ideas :)
And for the official process the basic point of it letting the community submit ideas for each stage (movepool, stats, etc.) and then putting up polls and letting the community vote for their favorite

Mod Edit: Do no post personal fakemon creations here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to make an unofficial CAP within this thread?
Well there are flashcaps but they don't happen very often, I think you can also post fake pre evos and stuff like that.

If you want to post an original fakemon I'm not sure if this is the right place... sorry :c

Well there are flashcaps but they don't happen very often, I think you can also post fake pre evos and stuff like that.

If you want to post an original fakemon I'm not sure if this is the right place... sorry :c
Hey, don't worry about that. I've got it sorted out with a moderator.

It may be a day or two late, but the Sunday that just passed was CAP's 9th anniversary, November 27th. This date marked the start of Syclant's project and CAP as a whole. You know, if this series of projects didn't receive sufficient attention in 2008, Syclant would have remained a theoretical thread. Not that CAP is exactly popular among Smogon. Next November will mark the 10th anniversary of this Project, so we might have two more canon CAPs finished by then. Anyone else looking forward to what the Project has in store?

Among the weird designs I have seen in CAP, we could add a literal pillow fighter to that list I posted previously. We also received a volcanic vampire squid, a giant stingray who wanted to end censorship, a longboat dragon, and a timid slime mimic.

I had a thought that I would like to share. We now have 10 pre evolutions that are not mid stages. They may have stats move pools abilities and even sprites but you cannot use them on showdown, so I wonder if anyone agrees that there should be a little cup for these pour little pre evos. Just look at how much this stufful wants to battle caps.

Last edited:
Hi there, I'm new to smogon, and I'm not much of a competitive gamer. I just use the pokemon I like and give them moves I like to imagine them using. For the past while, I've been compiling a personal headcanon pokedex made up of great fan-made pokemon around the internet (with artist links because none of the designs are mine). The pokedex is grouped together to coherently fit an island on the northern part of Nova Scotia, Canada, called Cape Breton, possibly merging with part of the mainland or Newfoundland. I'm also including a sound and gell type (a tanky mix of grass and water. Examples are gastrodon and goodra, maybe introducing a northern sea shellos/gastrodon form). I came across Smogon's CAP project, and cawmodore and malaconda struck me as designs fitting for a pokemon game (sorry for the others). Cawmodore looks like he'd be a part of my all-star team if he were real.

Now I know that CAP pokemon are carefully constructed, and I don't play the metagame, but I was a bit at odds with cawmodore's kit. He seems to me like a pokemon with 100% meta and 0% fluff. Why does he have volt absorb? Why is his HP 50? And how is he so speedy? Also, if some of his go-to moves are bullet punch and drain punch, why give him just those punching moves? Why not give him comet punch for a fun multi-hit move in early game? And since we're on topic with volt absorb and punching moves, why not give him charge and thunder punch as possible moves that cawmodore can learn through other means like breeding. It could synergize well with the volt absorb ability for fluff.

I compared cawmodore's stats to the Gen VII starters. Speed doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the starters, and I'd consider cawmodore to be about par with them in terms of speed, by how the design looks. Here's my totally unprofessional rearrangement of cawmodore's stats, for the sake of making sense to me (sorry if this is the wrong thread for this):

HP: 95
Atk: 95
Def: 128
SpA: 65
SpD: 75
Spe: 72
BST: 530

Now he's only slightly faster than the starters, since cawmodore could act like a boxing sailor captain. A 95 in HP seems much more fitting for his beefy design, which comes from his nerfed speed, and to even out the tankiness, his defense got nerfed a bit, and his attack went up a slight. Cawmodore is a more well-rounded pokemon with this stat set-up.

And also, personally, I would make volt absorb his hidden ability instead of big pecks.

Onto malaconda, I have no issue with his kit or stats. He kind of reminded me of dunsparce, though. What if malaconda was the evolution of a region's dunsparce form, like how Alola has its forms? I edited a dunsparce picture and compared them. Take a look. It's totally in my headcanon. :D

If this were done, a problem that would arise is the transition from dunsparce to malaconda, their moves, etc. Statwise, dunsparce has a 70 defense, while malaconda has 60. I could imagine malaconda with a 70 defense, but it might cost him some of his other stats, which are solid imo. Dunsparce's CAP form could be rearranged to fit malaconda, though.

Thoughts?

QxC4eva

is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)