UU UnderUsed Majors I - FINALS (Won by Lcans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Welcome, Smogon, to the very first UU Majors! This is the premier edition of an annual UU Circuit Tour where you can test your mettle against the top players in the community. Unlike most elimination tours, where your opponent is a matter of chance, UU Majors ensures that every participant plays a broad swath of the tier's playerbase as you fight your way to the top.

The tournament is divided into two stages - a round-robin qualifier and an elimination bracket. During Stage 1, players were divided into pools, where they played in a round-robin format. The top two players of each pool will advance to Stage 2, where they will be entered into a modified elimination bracket.

Stage 2 is a modified double-elimination bracket. The first seed of each pool goes to the Upper Bracket, while the second seed goes to the Lower Bracket. Losing in the Upper Bracket sends you to the Lower Bracket, while losing in the Lower Bracket means you are eliminated.

The winner of the tournament will be awarded a banner on their user profile.

Tour Specific Rules
  • This is a standard ORAS UU tournament.
  • Stage 2 of this tournament will be a modified double-elimination bracket. Players will be placed in either the Upper Bracket or Lower Bracket, depending on their performance in the pools.
  • Stage 2 matches will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between games.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
  • If any changes to the tier occur during Round 1, they will not be implemented until the next round.
  • I will be closely monitoring all matches for activity. I do not plan to grant extensions except under extreme circumstances, so please be proactive when contacting your opponents.
  • Saving replays is highly recommended; in the case of a dispute, you must be able to prove that you won your game.

Standard Rules & Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

Posting this round a few hours early since all lower bracket games are done. This week will be both brackets. Again, please finish your games ASAP so we can hopefully end this round early and move on to the semifinals.

Final Matchup (Lower Bracket):

Stallion vs. (Hairy Toenail vs. Lcans)

FINALS:

Rodriblutar vs. Lcans

FINAL STANDINGS:
1. Lcans
2. Rodriblutar
3. Stallion
4. Hairy Toenail
5. Chill Shadow
5. DrReuniclus
7. Ice Tea
7. TonyFlygon

After the grueling round robin stage and seven tough rounds of playoffs, we've finally arrived at the finals stage! Good luck guys - hope to see some fantastic matches as we have done all season.

You can view both brackets here: http://challonge.com/uumajors

*** Deadline: Just get the games done ASAP! ***

Please post when you are playing, so we can all watch the finals!

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lost 2-0. G1 the matchup was tough and G2 I think I played really well, but he ran a surprise move on one of his pokes that won him the game.

GG's man. My heart hasn't been in this tournament or in Pokemon in general since my tough loss to King UU in the UU Open finals. I said after my unfortunate Grand Slam loss that once my current tournament obligations are done, that I'd be retiring from Pokemon and with S&M becoming the primary metagame played (plus real life getting super busy), the timing for this is perfect. My heart hasn't been in it all tournament, so I'm surprised as fuck that I even made it this far, considering I've done about 1/20th of the prep I did for my last deep UU run. Wanna give a huge thanks to all the UU crew for their support and friendship over the past 6 months and especially to obii for pumping out teams with me like there was no tomorrow. I won't be leaving Smogon or anything, so I'll still be around to chat and kick asses at fantasy sports.

Lcans and Rodriblutar, good luck in finals guys. You're both amazing players and 100% deserve to be where you are.

It's been real guys.

Lycans

Bebe's my bae
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Won vs Stallion Gg man was a pleasure play with you and I hope to do it again soon!

Edit: Who would've known that this year's new guys would be in the finals haha

There shouldn't be an issue in getting in contact with rodri. I'm hoping for some good games my dude

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)