Pokémon Silvally

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which set do you all think would be better for Parting shot support?

Jolly
Parting shot
Multi-attack (replace if using z parting shot)
Filler
Filler

Or Timid
Ice beam
Thunderbolt
Parting shot
Filler

Ema Skye

Work!
What type would be the best for Parting Shot support? My thought says Steel as it resists SR and carries the most resistances, letting it pivot around with Parting Shot.

Or would staying Normal be best for Leftovers?

Any good Silvally sets for Bold nature? Managed to get a shiny with Bold off a friend; wanted me to clone it for him and gave me a copy in exchange.

Any good Silvally sets for Bold nature? Managed to get a shiny with Bold off a friend; wanted me to clone it for him and gave me a copy in exchange.
More defense, less attack huh? I suppose that would depend on how viable defensive or specially offensive sets are or if the 10% decrease is not enough to make Physical moves nonviable.

More defense, less attack huh? I suppose that would depend on how viable defensive or specially offensive sets are or if the 10% decrease is not enough to make Physical moves nonviable.
Bold seems perfectly workable to me TBH. Silv may not have as many special coverage options as it does physical, but Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, TBolt, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon and Air Slash is nothing to sneeze at (though mostly it'll probably just run the first four at most...) Thunder Wave is also an option on a bulky semi-support Silvally if you want to go that route.

Here's a thought (and granted, this is purely Theorymon here, but...) : Parting Shot + Imprison + one or two common coverage moves that threatens a setup sweeper you want to bring in. Boom, Imprison -> Parting Shot and you can threaten setup immediately with the sweeper in question. Silvally's type can be tailored to synergize with whichever setup sweeper you want to bring in as well.

Hell, it doesn't even have to be a setup sweeper, this can be used to disable any common SE coverage move for someone you need an excuse to easily bring in.

Here's a thought (and granted, this is purely Theorymon here, but...) : Parting Shot + Imprison + one or two common coverage moves that threatens a setup sweeper you want to bring in. Boom, Imprison -> Parting Shot and you can threaten setup immediately with the sweeper in question. Silvally's type can be tailored to synergize with whichever setup sweeper you want to bring in as well.
In that case I might as well build off that idea and see If I can make a passable set with this then:

Silvally @ Darkium-Z/Ice Memory/Electric Memory
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot
- Imprison
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed.
Nature: Bold

Boltbeam should make for excellent coverage, while AFAIK, the standard Special Sweeper EV setup should ensure you get off your moves. The catch is that, it would only affect Thunder-types, Ice-types and other boltbeam users. But it should make a for a decent starting point at least, and BoltBeam can be switch out for any other coverage move you think/know the opponent has.

Item choice depneds on if you prefer Z Parting Shot's healing over STAB as well as type preference. Thought I should point out that Electic has a weakness to the commonly used (TMK) Earthquake, which would undermine the higher defense your nature has.

For those of you that don't care about the shininess, I would presume that this set would fare much better from Timid, Hasty, Naive or Modest for special sets,

In that case I might as well build off that idea and see If I cna make a passable set with this then:

Sylvally @ Darkium-Z/Ice Memory/Electric Memory
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot
- Imprison
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed.
Nature: Bold

Boltbeam should make for excellent coverage, while AFAIK, the standard Special Sweeper EV setup should ensure you get off your moves. The catch is that, it would only affect Thunder-types, Ice-types and other boltbeam users. But it should make a for a decent starting point at least, and BoltBeam can be switch out for any other coverage move you think/know the opponent has. (Preferably a type that synergizes well with whatever it wants to bring in, needless to say)

Item choice depneds on if you prefer Z Parting Shot's healing over STAB as well as type preference. Thought I should point out that Electic has a weakness to the commonly used (TMK) Earthquake, which would undermine the higher defense your nature has.

For those of you that don't care about the shininess, I would presume that this set would fare much better from Timid, Hasty, Naive or Modest for special sets,
TBH I wouldn't want to run Silv as either of those types (barring dark-z ofc), Ice has too many weaknesses and Lectric has the issue you mentioned. Honestly I think it's better off with both the coverage moves and the Memory disc tailored to whoever it wants to bring in.

Say, for instance... Ghost-conversion Porygon-Z? (IDK what other setup sweepers are useful in the metagame right now tbh so that's the best I got). Then you want Silv @ Dark Memory with Shadow Ball and then something like Flamethrower or Ice Beam for coverage I guess (there might be specific threats PoryZ wants out of the way that these or other coverage options could handle, but I'm not super knowledgeable on them so I'm not gonna theory too much on that).

For the Bold one, a bulkier set (like 252 HP over SpA maybe) and Thunder Wave might be wanted as well... Twave might be nerfed but it + Parting Shot seem like a nice combo alongside whatever coverage moves the team wants, maybe some Heal Block...? Twave+PS+Heal Block+U-Turn/Explosion/coverage move seems like an okay set, right...? Maybe...?

The Imprison suggestion CAN be used for the Bold Silv, but wasn't necessarily a suggestion aimed at that and was more just theorymonning in general, sorry if that wasn't clearer ;;;;

Last edited:
I didn't realise how good Z-Parting shot really is, it saved me a couple of times. Too bad you can't use it online for now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
It's definitely going on future movesets for Silvally.

Reminder that imprison is self targetted and wears off once silvally uses parting shot
Ahh I did forget about that. Welp so much for that idea haha.

So is a utility set with like Twave/Heal Block/PS still a bad idea probably or what?
I mean, don't get me wrong, I get that this thing has tons of coverage and Explosion and it's hard not to want to take advantage of that haha. It's just that well... Look at this thing, versatility is the name of the game here, possibly more so than even Arceus in some ways (even if it doesn't have Arceus' ability to threaten quite as much). Surprise factor of unexpected sets that it CAN pull off shouldn't be written off is all I'm saying (not even trying to say that mine is one of these lol).

Last edited:
Ahh I did forget about that. Welp so much for that idea haha.
I guess you might still be able to use Imprision on Ground Sylvally if you really hate VoltTurn. Just replace Parting Shot with U-Turn and boom, you have something which blocks. The other slots are STAB + coverage or other utility options, maybe a move which prevents one of your Pokes to simply switch in. While imprision wears off after a switch, it is still effective on the switch.

The niche is somewhat unique, but it is propably also very gimmickly, so I don't believe that this might work, but if you really want to run imprision on this thing, you could try it out.

Here's a little set I came up with for Silvally. I haven't tested it yet, but it seems like a strong build that could work in OU.

Silvally @ Ground Memory / Fighting Memory
Ability: RKS System
Adamant Nature
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Ice Fang
- Rock Slide

I feel like it should be bulky enough to setup a Swords Dance, and at 253 speed it out speeds any Pokemon with base 75 speed and maximum EV investment.

Last edited:
Oh man ... I really can't decide wheter I should get myself a physical or a special one. Since there is only one per game, I don't want to mess up the nature :S

What would be the best attacker? Thought about something like "3 attack moves + parting". I can see some Explosion potential, but the fangs are just horrible compared to Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt and Flamethrower. Being special also allows the usage of Z parting more easily.

Hmmmmm....

Last edited:
Xyonon

I went Naive for Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Explosion/Parting Shot and she hasn't steered me wrong yet. Outclassed by Genesect in OU, but that doesn't matter in-game.

EDIT: Yeah, what Banryu said. TBolt's also an option over Flamethrower if you'd prefer BoltBeam coverage over softening up Steels; both are admittedly walled by Marowak-A, but that seems to be true of half the damn meta and he doesn't appreciate Parting Shot anyway.

Last edited:
And do you max Atk or SpAtk - I only run hybrids on tanks so far :x thanks for the help btw :3
I imagine it's 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe if I hadda guess. Want as much damage on those coverage moves since Boom will be doing plenty of damage even without help (I think?)

I'm hopping right on into Pokebank OU now, and I've actually been having a lot of fun with this thing! I've been using it for Z-Parting Shot, and as a general Pivot. It's hard deciding on a moveset for this thing, but in playing with calcs it seems like physical might be the better way to go because of how weak non-STAB, uninvested coverage moves are on this thing. For the time being and for the best results in pivoting and Parting, I've been running 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Speed Jolly with Darkininum Z and Parting Shot | Thunder Wave | Return / Heal Block | Explosion. The 8 Def is just so Gene gets a SpA boost and it's U-turns hurt less. I generally lead with this thing if I don't think it's a suicide lead, and Parting Shot out right away for some free momentum. Still haven't decided on the third slot yet though. Return hits things hard - harder than most of your super-effective physical coverage options can, given they hover around 70-80 BP. Explosion is for after you've burned Z-Parting Shot and if you really need to dent something. Heal Block is great in theory, and I haven't tested enough quite yet to see if it's good, but then again I never actually used Return when it was in the slot either so there's that.

I love working with this thing though. Z-Parting Shot is so hilariously funny, and it's a great pivot even in Normal Base form.

Showdown calculator is still messed up for Silvally, and Ground Memory isn't in the items :P

Silvally @ The Memory You Need
Ability: RKS System
Hasty/Naive Nature
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Parting Shot
- Multi-Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

I think Silvally's lack of Recovery hurts a lot its defensive potential - your bulk is good but not stellar, and after switching a bit you are almost dead.

So I think the best maybe is to hits things with coverage and its unique niche (Arceus is a lie): being of any type. Because that's the point of using Silvally really.
It provides your team with a BoltBeam (Flamethrower is also very useful) coverage while being of the type you need.

Because of STAB even uninvested Multi-Attack hits harder than neutral BoltBeam (unless Ice/Electric Silv), so use it against what you have advantage against.

Ground (SR resist, Ice + Ground coverage, Volt Switch blocker), Poison (nice fairy+fight resist and kills fairies), Steel (SR resist, muh resistances, kills fairies) are good types to be.

If not for changing types, what are you using Silvally for?? Normal Silvally is basically Lickilicky with Parting Shot. Is Parting Shot Lickilicky worth?
(I actually like and find Lickilicky useful :P)

The only reason to stay normal type is because you can use Z-Parting Shot and STAB for Explosion. 375 BP is nothing to laugh at, even if it's never super effective, it's plenty to 1HKO quite a lot of mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)