SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking to complete my dex, need some legends if anyone can help please PM me. just looking to get the dex entry and trade back, don't want to keep anything just so that's clear
Which version are you playing? I have Moon so I'd be down if you're playing Sun.

Which version are you playing? I have Moon so I'd be down if you're playing Sun.
I am playing Sun but I haven't caught any of the legends besides Solgaleo. I have dex entries for Celesteela and Pheremosa but that's it. Need the Tapus, the Beasts, Cosmog I guess, and Necrozma.

I am playing Sun but I haven't caught any of the legends besides Solgaleo. I have dex entries for Celesteela and Pheremosa but that's it. Need the Tapus, the Beasts, Cosmog I guess, and Necrozma.
I have Solgaleo, the Tapus, the UBs, but neither Cosmog nor Necrozma yet, i.e. I only need Buzzwole, Kartana.

Is there an ev training guide/list with all SOS chains that only yield certain evs?
Here's what I've been EV training on:
HP - Slowpoke near Professor Kukui's lab
Attack - Pikipek on Route 1
Defense - Roggenrola in Ten Carat Hill
Special Attack - Psyduck in Brooklet Hill
Special Defense - Tentacool in the whirlpool ambushes in the northern waters of Hano Beach
Speed - Spearow on Route 3 (they're usually the ones that come down when you step on the shadows)

They all give 1 EV each and 2 EV for the summoned mons. The 2 EV mons don't make too much of a difference to me since it's just a difference of 2 EV per mon (I don't have Pokerus) and they seem to call for help a lot less frequently with a lower success rate in my experience, not to mention that it's just a difference of a chain of 1. I've seen Grimer as a suggestion for HP, but I don't want to mess with Minimize + Poison Touch + Poison Fang shenanigans.

Questions about zygarde. Collected all 100 of the cells and cores, but now it seems I don't have access to aura break anymore, and once I make my power construct zygarde it stays with that ability. Is there any possible way to obtain an aura break 10% doggy or will I have to get up to 50 cells in my other game?

Questions about zygarde. Collected all 100 of the cells and cores, but now it seems I don't have access to aura break anymore, and once I make my power construct zygarde it stays with that ability. Is there any possible way to obtain an aura break 10% doggy or will I have to get up to 50 cells in my other game?
You can change your Power Construct Zygarde between 50% and doggo with the Cube.

If you want Aura Break 10% Zygarde, you'll need to gather at least 10 cells and cores, including at least one of the five Zygarde cores. Once you've gathered all 100 cells and cores and put them all together, the resulting Zygarde can't be broken down again and will only have Power Construct. (but can switch between 10 and 50% forms)

Do note that if you trade or release a Zygarde, you won't get the cells or cores back.

If you want Aura Break 10% Zygarde, you'll need to gather at least 10 cells and cores, including at least one of the five Zygarde cores. Once you've gathered all 100 cells and cores and put them all together, the resulting Zygarde can't be broken down again and will only have Power Construct. (but can switch between 10 and 50% forms)

Do note that if you trade or release a Zygarde, you won't get the cells or cores back.
Could I have made more than one? I didn't create a zygarde until I got 100% everything, yet instead of giving me an aura break option it went straight to power construct and there was no way back.

Could I have made more than one? I didn't create a zygarde until I got 100% everything, yet instead of giving me an aura break option it went straight to power construct and there was no way back.
The game will assemble the best Zygarde it can out of the cells/cores gathered at the time, so you can only make more than one if you didn't have all 100 gathered: Complete > 50% > 10% (in short, if you want an Aura Break 10% Zygarde, you'll have to do so in your other game before gathering all 100)

The game will assemble the best Zygarde it can out of the cells/cores gathered at the time, so you can only make more than one if you didn't have all 100 gathered: Complete > 50% > 10% (in short, if you want an Aura Break 10% Zygarde, you'll have to do so in your other game before
gathering all 100)
Ah, that stinks. In my mind if I gathered all 100 before going to the zygarde place it would give me all the options at once, but I guess the opposite happened. Sadly they don't make that clear at all, hope no one else makes my mistake lol

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
You don't even need to collect a single cell in your own game to get a Power Construct Zygarde.

You can request for a Zygarde in your current game from the GTS / friend (not having to use your other game), break it down, and get an Aura Break one after you've assembled a Power Construct one. Pretty convenient if you want both possible abilities on Zygarde with your OT / want to soft reset for different natures.

You can also get multiple Power Constructs in the same file assuming you have at least 200 cells.

You don't even need to collect a single cell in your own game to get a Power Construct Zygarde.

You can request for a Zygarde in your current game from the GTS / friend (not having to use your other game), break it down, and get an Aura Break one after you've assembled a Power Construct one. Pretty convenient if you want both possible abilities on Zygarde with your OT / want to soft reset for different natures.

You can also get multiple Power Constructs in the same file assuming you have at least 200 cells.
OH. so if I get a zygarde from someone else I can break it down to get more cells?

OH. so if I get a zygarde from someone else I can break it down to get more cells?
yeah, saw several people do that to get enough cells when they couldn't find hte last 1 or 2

I believe you'll be able to do the same with the zygardes you bring up from gen 6, though those will always default back to 50%

Does Araquanid just have a lower chance of SOSing than every other Pokémon? I've tried to SOS chain it on two separate occassions now and it's extremely stubborn about summoning an ally.

Does Araquanid just have a lower chance of SOSing than every other Pokémon? I've tried to SOS chain it on two separate occassions now and it's extremely stubborn about summoning an ally.
There are different SOS Call rates IIRC.

As per this Araquanid has a relatively low chance of calling for help, though not one of the lowest. Dewpider has a higher chance, maybe try chaining dewpider?

Are there other gifts this time in the story that donæt come already with a fixed nature
AFAIK there are no fixed nature gifts in the game(disregarding in-game trade with npcs which are all fixed in terms of nature as well as ivs). This includes Greninja whose nature can be sr'd, though ivs cant.

As per this Araquanid has a relatively low chance of calling for help, though not one of the lowest. Dewpider has a higher chance, maybe try chaining dewpider?

AFAIK there are no fixed nature gifts in the game(disregarding in-game trade with npcs which are all fixed in terms of nature as well as ivs). This includes Greninja whose nature can be sr'd, though ivs cant.
I was chaining Dewpider... but then it turned out to have Infestation. Ugh.
Thanks though.

Final Gambit is an oddball, as it kills the user upon use. I don't know how to sketch it (was it even possible pre SM?)
Little late but:

-Get pokemon that only knows Final Gambit, put it at front of party
-Encounter wild ditto
-Use an item while the ditto transforms
-Switch to a Ghost that knows baton pass (Decidueye, Drifblim are two) and is slower than your pokemon that knows sketch (or has Lagging Tail)
-Baton Pass immed to Smeargle (that has higher speed than your FG pokemon) after the Ditto uses Final Gambit and fails
-Sketch

Little late but:

-Get pokemon that only knows final gambit, put it at front of party
-Encounter wild ditto
-Use an item while the ditto transforms
-Switch to a Ghost that knows baton pass (Decidueye, Drifblim are two) and is slower than your pokemon that knows sketch (or has Lagging Tail)
-Baton Pass to Smeargle (that has higher speed than your FG pokemon) after the Ditto uses Final Gambit and fails
-Sketch
so i know I have asked this before but never actually got an answer

can't you just like

go into a friend double battle and just...sketch it there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)