Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
If I remember correctly, banning the base forme of a Pokemon now bans all of its formes. If you want to ban just the base form, you have to add "-base" to the end of the name.
Oh, sorry, bug report recalled then (cancelled?)

Edit: tested it out, doesn't seem to want to accept /tour banlist dugtrio-base
does anyone know of an alternative syntax?

Encountered Ash Greninja on the ladder with HP fire, this should be impossible. Greninja-a IVs are locked at 20/31/20/31/20/31, and hyper training doesn't effect hidden power. Basically no way this should be a thing.

I was doing a battle with Zygarde vs Moltres on random battle. Zygarde used Thousand Arrows and Moltres proceeded to take neutral damage from it instead of super effective.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I was doing a battle with Zygarde vs Moltres on random battle. Zygarde used Thousand Arrows and Moltres proceeded to take neutral damage from it instead of super effective.
Thousand arrows is coded to do neutral damage vs flying types (and ground immunes in general) the first turn, and ignore the flying type for all subsequent turns.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It's weird, but this is how it works in-game. Thousand Arrows deal Neutral damage to any ground-immune Pokemon, no matter what the secondary type is (or that is at least how it does against Pokemon that have a secondary type that would be weak to ground in my experience, I'm not sure how it affects Pokemon that have a type that's resistant to ground like Tropius or Shaymin). After the Ground immunity is removed, it takes the other type into account.

Hidden Power with a Normalium Z turns into Breakneck Blitz, but on Showdown it shows it as being a typed BB (like, an Ice Breakneck blitz for an Ice Hidden Power) when it is in fact only acting as normal (if it stays normal in the games then this is just visual, but if the games has a typed HP then it's programmed as normal). Additionally, the HP Breakneck blitz seemed to be programmed (may be wrong here) as physical damage when it is supposed to be Special damage coming from hidden power.

So definitely at least one glitch, and it could just be a visual thing, with the possibility of a second glitch.

In the Battle of Alola Format (And maybe other format's too, haven't tested), the move Burn Up did not remove the Fire typing of my opponent's Arcanine. Here is a replay showcasing this.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
In the Battle of Alola Format (And maybe other format's too, haven't tested), the move Burn Up did not remove the Fire typing of my opponent's Arcanine. Here is a replay showcasing this.
There's nothing that indicates that the fire type wasn't removed from using burn up in the replay. When Burn up is used by a Pure Fire type like Arcanine, the user does not become a Normal type (which I'm assuming is what you expected to happen), it becomes typeless, meaning that it has no weaknesses, resistances or immunities.

Don't know why banette was faster and why wow didn't affect my weavile :mad:
My weavile had the item life orb and banette was just mega evolved in this turn, so prankster shouldn't be considered
megas got a buff this gen, they can get the ability as they evolve. also dark types are immune to moves used by prankster

Hi,
I'd like to report a bug about Toxic Spikes.
During a game they were first uneffective and then they just disappeared (non defog or rapid spin)

Here's the replay of the game (we can see the problem at turns 11 and 16):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-497860662

Thanks for your help
Steel types and flying types like Metagross and Dragonite are immune to Toxic Spikes; Poison Types like Roserade absorb them.

MichaelXD2

Banned deucer.
I have a replay saved where my Sharpedo froze the Krookodile and it was still able to attack while frozen through Instruct.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-497925115

Pokemon really shouldn't be attacking while they're frozen and I had a strategy and just couldn't use it because of the glitch. With Krookodile gaining max Attack because of the Anger Point ability and critical hit combo from an earlier Night Slash, and when I had nothing to hit it with, it just gave it the perfect opportunity to experience a game changing moment.

Fluffy is not seeming to be calculating properly, this is what it was calcing before;
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 332-392 (74.7 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is what it shows now;
252+ Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Bewear: 662-780 (149 - 175.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

To check, I swapped his ability to Klutz (or any other ability). He doesn't take less damage with Fluffy right now.

Last edited:
Should've saved the replay, but when you use a z-move while frozen, it does the 'filled itself with z-power' animation, even if you're not unfreezing that turn.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but while attempting to use my glorious Z-Forests Curse VGC meme team, I noticed that I wasn't able to choose my target for the Forests Curse. It seemed to always automatically target the opposing Pokemon on the right. I tested in-game and this isn't how the move is supposed to work.

First post here, but I ran into a glitch where a pokemon faints, i click on the next pokemon to switch in, but it switches my active pokemon instead (double battle) and the next turn i switch in a new mon. This is the replay where it happens. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-498437986

Also had a previous battle where i Pursuit KO'd a dhelmise that had trapped me, but i cant switch, even though anchor shot shouldve worn off and the trapper had left the field. i dont have a replay of this but i want to know if this is how anchor shot works.

Hello, i'd like to report an anomaly that i countered

Can you all please take a look at this replay, turn #8 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-498433812

Psychic terrain shouldve prevent attacking priority moves, but somehow extreme speed wasnt stopped by psychic terrain

I used a lot of psychic terrain if i suspect my opponent will try priority moves, and it alwasy prevent them to do so until now. This has happen to me twice, both extreme speed and bullet punch managed to damage my pokemon inside psychic terrain

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)