Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Woahhhhhhhhhhhh how'd you get that many for Mercy O.o was it purely coincidence or did you actually purposefully collect em all for Mercy :0 Also yea have to agree with LL that gold mercy is pretty common :C Apparently Mercy is one of the most played heroes on overbuff I think? Can't rmb if Mercy maid it to top3 for golden guns, I know genji is #1 ofc ahaha. Most ppl go Witch + Gold staff Mercy so ye gotta be hip and choose another skin if you buy for Mercy. I use the summer games skin whatever it's called !!!

Yesh Genji is really fun to play :O!!! headshot dash for instakills is one of the most satisfying things in this game.
bought them all. when I'm done with mercy I'm getting all of pharah's collectibles.

also I bought a lot of lootboxes back in the day, maybe overall 200 including the ones i bought for summer games and halloween. so I have like minimum 50 unlockables for all heroes except sombra lol

I alternate between amber skin and the witch skin, imo they're really good.. but devil skins are underrated too :[

edit: also i have a lot of money too like 13k :0

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
will witch mercy return for halloween next year?
Yeah kaplan said all events so far will be annual so I assume all the stuff will be available again and maybe they'll add new stuff? idk :0

i'm missing a mercy voice line from a past event myself and it's bothering me a lot..

Ok so literally no one speaks in voice chat at my elo (gold) what's up with that >.>

Also does anyone think sombras best skin is her Christmas one? I don't really like her legendary ones tbh

I love Sombra's Glitch skin, the bright green is too cool and supposedly it's her colors inverted!

As for Mercy I run Valkyrie atm, but I've used Witch / Eidgenossin in the past.

I personally just got really lucky with her unlockables (especially the event sprays / voicelines) although I did buy some of the stuff :)

Okay, fucking Mei achievements are being harder than I thought. Next year for me I guess.
At least I finally got the Winston skin.
I actually got them pretty easily. For Cold Snap, try bunching up the enemies (Zarya ult is good for this, as are chokepoints; oddly enough, it's also possible to get this achievement as Genji), and for Ice Blocked, the way I got it was walling off a D.Va ult at point blank.

And yes, the Winston skin is awesome.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
It's actually incredible how few people understand the simple words "group up don't peek don't die". Is the temptation to feed enemy ults and stagger your deaths really that huge?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I actually got them pretty easily. For Cold Snap, try bunching up the enemies (Zarya ult is good for this, as are chokepoints; oddly enough, it's also possible to get this achievement as Genji), and for Ice Blocked, the way I got it was walling off a D.Va ult at point blank.

And yes, the Winston skin is awesome.
I mean the arcade brawl achievements, got the Mei ones like on the first day :p

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay so if I'm playing solo support and our team loses, remind me again how it's my fault? Because I'm still fucking confused why anyone could think this way. Thanks Gold tier.

Edit:
Turns out laptop can't run overwatch (rip money) so back on xbox where 2 support doesn't happen ever

HailFall

Was at my season high almost 2800 and tilted aaaalllll the way down to the 2300s in 3 days >.> Rip my rank. I'm thinking I'm gonna play mostly Lucio, symmetra, and dva from now on. Not exactly the ideal climbing heroes (well, maybe dva) but I think they are by far my best heroes. while playing ana or rein or whatever is okay with me from time to time there's just an insane amount of pressure placed on you in those roles and the tiniest mistake can literally cost you a game :x too much stress for me.

Especially on Lucio, I've been enjoying shotcalling a ton. I call things like grouping up, engages, disengages, enemy positions, who on the enemy team has their ult, and which ults we should use. I'm considering calling focus fire too because literally no one has ever called it in my games ever except for the wonderful Zen players who call their discord targets (I seriously love them). I just wish I would consistently get teammates who listen to my disengage calls haha. I guess that's just going to happen in soloq so rip. another pet peeve of mine is when people complain about "overextending" just because I'm trying to get the team to take ground on king of the hill or chase down a kill to stagger the enemy teams deaths.

On another note, I'm getting VERY close to my first ever gold gun. I think I'm going to get it for my favorite hero to play, widow, to motivate me to keep practicing and improving and one day become great at her hopefully (I actually just recently hit 60 hours on her too yay)

What's the easiest / best tank to learn? I mean I know Reinhardt is kind of meta right now, but I've never really played tanks (lució, Ana, symmetra, pharah, and tracer are pretty much the only heros ive played more than a few times) and I figure it'd be good to pick one tank to add to my roster in case the team needs one.

dva is probably the best one right now, shes pretty easy to pick up and does a lot for a team. In terms of importance to learn right now I'd say dva > rein > roadhog > zarya > winston

dva is probably the easiest tank to be decent with as well

zarya is a fantastic tank to learn imo. she's capable of putting out insane damage when you learn how to use her barriers and maintain charge. her ult is also great in a meta where dva is everywhere, letting you wombo combo a grav+self destruct, plus she's great against opposing dva. The way she works will also naturally give you better game sense as you play her as you have to watch your teammates to sheild them and know when to engage/disengage in teamfights.

HailFall

What's the easiest / best tank to learn? I mean I know Reinhardt is kind of meta right now, but I've never really played tanks (lució, Ana, symmetra, pharah, and tracer are pretty much the only heros ive played more than a few times) and I figure it'd be good to pick one tank to add to my roster in case the team needs one.
I don't think any of the tanks are truly easy heroes to play, but rein has a pretty low skill floor (even if his skill ceiling is pretty insanely high) and there's a lot of value in being a good rein player too considering how insanely good he is right now.

Roadhog is a great hero to learn if you're interested but hardly fills a real "tanking" role considering how he has zero shielding abilities and his main role is getting picks.

Dva is another very good tank in this meta if you're not interested in rein, as she can eat entire ults with defense matrix, can deny enemy DPS impact in a fight with defense matrix, can control the high ground, can help to win the shield battle against another reinhardt, and can even do fantastic damage too.

Zarya is a very good hero, but is not super amazing in this meta imo. She's mainly used in quad tank right now. Still, zarya fuels initiations with bubbles, has one of the strongest ultimates in the game, and can harass dva with enough charge, so she's a pretty good pick still imo. I probably wouldn't use her without something good to combo her ult with like dva bomb, pulse bomb, or dragonstrike for example. She also takes a lot of skill to maximize so consider that.

Winston is OK but in this meta with roadhog, soldier, and dva being so good he's pretty difficult to use effectively. He also requires the ability to identify and pounce on openings, as well as a lot of team coordination to make sure his initiation is followed up on. He's definitely a powerful initiator and can even main tank, but in soloq at least I would say his use is mainly limited to counterpicking a flanker, sniper, or symmetra. Probably not all that important to learn.

Last edited:
yeah i definitely think rein and dva are the two easiest tanks to learn. Dva is probably a bit easier since she has great mobility which can really help get yourself out of tough situations not to mention that between Defense Matrix's quick toggle and her eject passive makes taking her down pretty hard. Rein is more dependent on your teammates not being complete ass, but it's pretty easy to play as him since you're mostly going to just be holding up your shield to block for your team. Whenever I play as him I just try and be conservative and let the other team make mistakes. It helps that they are probably the two best tanks rn too.

On a related not god literally the only thing that makes me flame at my teammates is when they refuse to get behind me when i play as Rein. Like, I have a big ass shield for a reason. I can't even count the number of times I'll have a teammate(s) run out in front of me to shoot at the other team and die when all they have to do is stay behind me.

Also is anyone else on here an Xbox player? I'd love to group up sometime since the only friend I have with Overwatch is shitty plus he doesn't play much anymore. Comp seems like it'd be a much more enjoyable experience with actual team coordination.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah i definitely think rein and dva are the two easiest tanks to learn. Dva is probably a bit easier since she has great mobility which can really help get yourself out of tough situations not to mention that between Defense Matrix's quick toggle and her eject passive makes taking her down pretty hard. Rein is more dependent on your teammates not being complete ass, but it's pretty easy to play as him since you're mostly going to just be holding up your shield to block for your team. Whenever I play as him I just try and be conservative and let the other team make mistakes. It helps that they are probably the two best tanks rn too.

On a related not god literally the only thing that makes me flame at my teammates is when they refuse to get behind me when i play as Rein. Like, I have a big ass shield for a reason. I can't even count the number of times I'll have a teammate(s) run out in front of me to shoot at the other team and die when all they have to do is stay behind me.

Also is anyone else on here an Xbox player? I'd love to group up sometime since the only friend I have with Overwatch is shitty plus he doesn't play much anymore. Comp seems like it'd be a much more enjoyable experience with actual team coordination.
Yo I'll play Xbox with you, pm me your user name, I'm about to get a new mic since my old one broke. I'm gold but I swear I'm okay

I both love and hate Oasis. On one hand, it's beautiful with interesting map designs for all three. In addition, the colors / atmosphere, along with the futuristic setting (specifically the jump pad!) means the map reminds me a ton of Halo... which is my favorite FPS of all time (along with Overwatch). Besides that though, it's still KoTH, which i hate... and the maps are all pretty bad for Symm (I don't know their names but the jump pad one is horrible for her, while the one with the hole in the middle of the point is meh and the one with the walkway above the point is decent), which makes me sad that I'm going to be seeing this map in comp. :/ I just wish they'd remove KoTH or something, I know it's never going to happen but it's by far the worst gamemode...

Matthew

no 2cp is the worst gamemode. I love 20 minute matches that end with last point stall because of close spawn.

WELL 2 CP is fun af for attack Symm sooo they're low key some of my favorites. Teleporter is soooo helpful on second point when attacking I'm not even kidding, it literally brings the spawn close af so you don't have to worry about ties! (At least not as often :])

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)