Smeargle's Studio's Seventh Annual Secret Santa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAY SIX

TO: Scrake

i will request a picture of golisopod bravely running away after activating 'emergency exit'. it bit off more than it could chew.

TO: Integer Mova

I would like to request a Necolumbus from Yo-kai Watch...

But since this is a Pokémon forum, I will request a Clefairy. I would suggest the user stylizes the Clefairy however they want!

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First of all, I'd like to compliment every single participant for their artworks. Every single artwork is beautiful in its own way and has its unique charm.
In addition to this, I'd like to say that the Secret Santa event is a brilliant idea: not only does it inspire artists and encourage creativity, but it also brings people together.

It looks like art really is conductive to happiness after all.

In hindsight, I deeply regret not having signed up for this.
I'm not an artist myself, but the sense of community here really makes me want to sign up next year.

I wish every single artist lots of luck, perseverance and most importantly lots of fun and inspiration for all of their upcoming projects.
Keep up the great work!

DAY SEVEN

TO: Nerina

I'd love anything involving Glaceon and snow please! :)

TO: FellFromtheSky

onto my request. I think I'd like to see... well... hmm... I don't want to limit someone's creativity, so can I give a theme? If so, I think I'd like to see a piece with the theme warm candlelight. Glowing embers. A soft golden glow. Warm golds and oranges. Snowy-Thomas-Kinkade-house. That sort of thing. As long as it's lovely and warm, I think I'll love it. :>

TO: MandyRoh

I want an Absol with a bow at the neck

I got super sick a while ago + won't have laptop at my hands for a bit, so the final round of secret santa's gifts might come a bit late!

Sorry accidentally hit enter.

Most: Thank you so much! The Glaceon is so adorable and I love the snowman lots :) especially the head haha, that definitely made me smile!

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think I understand how jackii felt when she said "instant desktop bg" about her gift. Your collaborative efforts are absolutely stunning Typhlito and aXl. I'm so impressed with the composition, lighting, and overall mood of your piece. It leaves me feeling nostalgic and longing to step into that serene cabin. Your choice of colours is also particularly commendable. I love how the pallette is pretty warm, yet I still get the impression of cold and snow. You also, inadvertently, picked a couple of my favorite 'mons for the piece. Now I want an Autumn scene of the lovely cabin! :> Speaking of cabins, I'm also super impressed by the execution of the cabin. I, personally, always struggle with non-natural structures in paintings, so I am just stunned by this. At any rate, like I said before: "instant desktop bg." I can't thank you both enough for such an awesome gift.

Also, I feel a bit bad about it, but I have absolute zero shame in saying that this piece is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best one to appear in this thread thus far.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks PixelMoniac_, I'm not much of an artist but it turned out pretty well I think. I was originally planning to do something ironically bad and funny but I was pretty pleased with the results of actually trying.

Thanks Tikitik for telling me that it wasn't nv I was really about to embarrass myself :pirate:

Thanks Cretacerus, I kinda knew you had mine as soon as you said it was a weird request. Glad it was someone who appreciated the source material, it turned out so well!!

Also Typhlito my bud that is so good.

It was really amazing participating in this for the first time this year. Looking forward to next! :)

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Man, the recent art looks excellent!
The more I look at the Glaceon image, the more hilarious I find it. The way Glaceon stands on top of the snowman's body is exactly how cats do it in real life. It's smug expression while watching the carefully built snowman head drop and smash on the ground is perfect and 100% accurate! And that :| face of the snowman makes everything even better, haha.

FINAL DAY

Sorry for the wait guys! I'm kind of barely writing this from the hospital so

TO: fx

draw primarina looking fly as fuck

TO: moawling

My request is for cosplay pikachu, cute/popstar version!

TO: fleurdyleurse

can i have a slowpoke, slowbro, and slowking chilling in a picnic

TO: monomite

I'd like a drawing of Popplio.
Thank you.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hadn't posted here yet, but great to see how everyone really took this seriously and ended up putting out a bunch of terrific images. Thanks Tiki for hosting this, and especially for making me try my hand at drawing again by doing so--the drawings I did over the past month and a bit were the first legit ones I did after a very long time, so naturally I wasn't exactly confident it would turn out well and was very glad the "you don't have to be good at drawing to join" clause existed. Happy to hear my drawing was well received by Scrake and the other people that commented on it :)

And thanks (again) Jackii (also enjoy your 3k shoutout) for that sick Link riding a Ponyta drawing, was way better than I had dared expect. Wasn't quite expecting that video to go with it either, some pretty unreal dedication right there... Also ngl I just thought it was the logical cute Zelda + Pokemon crossover and kind of totally overlooked the problem that logically comes with riding a flaming horse (thanks anto for covering for me though haha), so my bad there lol, but hey with a drawing like that I'm not complaining.

I never ended up being really serious about drawing way back when, but it really is fun, so I'll be trying to keep it up from here on out, and I'll be joining again at the end of this year if I'm still alive by then. Hopefully then I won't have to feel like such a freeloader again if I receive another sick gift like this one.

My god that is amazing and pretty and cool and everything! Thank you so much everyone! I got much better in the meantime and hope to get back sometime this week, you're all wonderful for actually putting together something like this for me, it really reminds me why I love this community.

Anyways, I'll be closing up this thread. It was great hosting this year's Secret Santa and I'm super glad I've got the chance to do it, hopefully I'll get a chance to participate the next time around assuming pom pulls through on that offer to host. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)