Pokémon GO

Gosh, that combo is so much better. Things don't usually span there where I live though. A pity when I take the ferry almost every day, meh.

What they should fix before anything is the catch rate. A 11CP bulbasaur cannot make you waste over 10 pokeballs for god sake. What use is the event if I can't catch them? And my town is packed with pokestops just in my way whenever I go to do anything, but still.

nonsence, it it 1200+CP Lapras - 1 ball.. 400 CP pidgey.. 10 balls
Ninatic really need to learn about the world, why the hell hasn't this event begun yet. its 6PM ffs.
Ninatic need to fix.
catch rates of junk.
lag based bugs (only so many balls bouncing off pokemon because of the attack animation... AFTER the ball has hit)
random errors because of wandering GPS...or just random errors when trying to put stuff in a gym.
eggs so they hatch something worthwhile... whats the point in having eggs if they just hatch the same things you catch everywhere all the time.
I have holes in my pokedex caused by not getting certain pokemon.. because they just don't spawn here.. and never hatch.
LET ME PICK MY NEARBY OR SIGHTINGS LIST, I have a good 10-15 spawns within the radius of sightings.. I dont give a flying donkey about a weedle 10 minutes away.

Lapras isn't a myth... just need the right spawns... the problem is it means you get bloody Jynx, shellders and Horseas.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ninatic really need to learn about the world, why the hell hasn't this event begun yet. its 6PM ffs.
Ninatic need to fix.
catch rates of junk.
lag based bugs (only so many balls bouncing off pokemon because of the attack animation... AFTER the ball has hit)
random errors because of wandering GPS...or just random errors when trying to put stuff in a gym.
eggs so they hatch something worthwhile... whats the point in having eggs if they just hatch the same things you catch everywhere all the time.
I have holes in my pokedex caused by not getting certain pokemon.. because they just don't spawn here.. and never hatch.
LET ME PICK MY NEARBY OR SIGHTINGS LIST, I have a good 10-15 spawns within the radius of sightings.. I dont give a flying donkey about a weedle 10 minutes away.

Lapras isn't a myth... just need the right spawns... the problem is it means you get bloody Jynx, shellders and Horseas.
Quick PSA, might as well do it now since I've forgotten it for so long already.

Please put a little more effort into writing properly. Use proper spelling, proper grammar, proper capitalization and proper punctuation. Don't write like you would write a diary, everything you write in a forum is supposed to be read by others and understood by them without unnecessary hassle. Being on a phone is no excuse, there are lots of people posting from phones here while still being coherent and easily understandable.

Thanks.

I am writing a list, which is easy to read, it is a forum not an English test, not everyone is brilliant with punctuation either, so hardly right to be calling people out on a forum.
what hassle does it cause?

new event is bonkers, from 1 Bulbasuar per few hours from my local park since the nest change, to 40 candy, 2 Ivysaur and now a wild Venusaur, even the common Squirtle is rarer then Bulbasaur at the moment.
Niantic have also changed the boxes to worse ones that cost more.

I am writing a list, which is easy to read, it is a forum not an English test, not everyone is brilliant with punctuation either, so hardly right to be calling people out on a forum.
what hassle does it cause?

new event is bonkers, from 1 Bulbasuar per few hours from my local park since the nest change, to 40 candy, 2 Ivysaur and now a wild Venusaur, even the common Squirtle is rarer then Bulbasaur at the moment.
Niantic have also changed the boxes to worse ones that cost more.
Maybe because it hurts the eyes and stops the flow of reading when going through the thread.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
It's also part of the site rules, which I forgot to mention in the previous post. Basically, I'm required to tell you (and everybody else) this.

Site rules said:
Employ the conventions of standard written English. Nobody is going to jump down your throat if you make a spelling mistake or split an infinitive, but please, your posts MUST be readable. As you might imagine, l33t 5p34k and other intentional misspellings (u, liek, etc.) are expressly banned. Spell out "you" and "your" instead of typing "u" or "ur." Don't be lazy!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
well for me, a list is easier to read, and therefore check.
It is, but putting words in a list format still doesn't make it automatically perfect. Here is your post:

Ninatic need to fix.
catch rates of junk.

And here is my touched-up version of it:

Nonsence. 1200+CP Lapras - 1 ball... 400 CP Pidgey - 10 balls.
Niantic really need to learn about the world, why the hell hasn't this event begun yet. It's 6PM, FFS.
Niantic need to fix:
- Catch rates of junk.
- Lag based bugs (only so many balls bouncing off pokemon because of the attack animation... AFTER the ball has hit)
- Random errors because of wandering GPS... or just random errors when trying to put stuff in a gym.
- Eggs so they hatch something worthwhile... What's the point in having eggs if they just hatch the same things you catch everywhere all the time?
I have holes in my Pokedex caused by not getting certain Pokemon... because they just don't spawn here... and never hatch.
LET ME PICK MY NEARBY OR SIGHTINGS LIST, I have a good 10-15 spawns within the radius of sightings... I don't give a flying donkey about a Weedle 10 minutes away.

Lapras isn't a myth... just need the right spawns... the problem is it means you get bloody Jynx, Shellder and Horsea.
I didn't change much. Some capitalization, some punctuation, an apostrophe here or there. You've done it right approximately half the time already (writing "hasn't", but also "whats" and "dont" - or capitalizing Jynx and Horsea but not shellder), all you need to do is pay attention to the other half too, and it'll be perfect.

So, this increased chance of baby pokemon hatching event, I have hatched a grand total of 0 babies since Togepi last week, gone through 32 eggs since the 27th as well.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Has anyone else noticed gyms getting above 52000 EXP before?

Noticed more than one gym like this yesterday night / today

Take it down and leave a Lickitung or shellder.

Niantic really should have thought this increased starter spawn event through, it is great.. until you need to be near 20 pokestops to actually be able to maintain the ball useage.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Take it down and leave a Lickitung or shellder.

Niantic really should have thought this increased starter spawn event through, it is great.. until you need to be near 20 pokestops to actually be able to maintain the ball useage.
I'm also Team Mystic. Would have been a great opportunity for me to deposit a Pokemon had I made it before the 10th person.

Niantic could be trying to encourage people to buy Pokeballs from the Shop so that they can make money. Or the gift boxes that have balls including Great and Ultra Balls.

yea but they got rid of the ultra ball box before the event really got going, Pokeballs are Useless.
wish people would stop knocking things out of the gyms, fed up of having to prestige because some other faction guy attacks a gym and takes 1 thing out.
either take the gym or leave it alone.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My own myth is Onix. When I gor my first 10 km back in August, one of my friend told me "don't be too happy, Onix is the worst Pokémon and I get it every other egg".

Well, with the exception of evolved fossils, dugtrio and maybe machamp, it looks like Onix will be my last catch of the european Kanto dex.

This starter event has been a godsend. Currently sitting on 3 venusaurs (two over 90%), 3 charizards (two over 80%, thankfully neither with ember, but i didn't manage to snag fire blast), and 4 blastoises (3 over 80%, one 100%).

Currently the only Pokemon I'm missing for the Eurodex are Omastar (at 30 candies and steadily walking to get them), Togetic and Magby. Can't wait to put Togepi as my buddy, but Kanto dex first :]

Vinc2612 onix seems to often spawn as a nest pokemon in my city, maybe check the silph road nest atlas if you haven't already?

Well, thanks to my innate knowledge about Pokémon and a bit of strategist, I'm now sitting on bag/box capacity of 800/800 fully on F2P alone. Yet, I have to prepare and save as I know there'll be more things. Heard there'll be more customization option, some costing coins.

And still keeping the 75-ish Santa chuu, I heard soon Pokémon can also be customized so maybe later we can take the Santa hat and put on others.

And about Kanto dex, I'm yet to get few things like fossils. I already thought Laplace is a myth. If only I lived where it happened or around beach....

The event is pretty lackluster for the suburbs, increase in starters is noticeable and quite nice but nowhere near the levels other people can get in the city. Forget about evolved forms, I've only just caught enough bulba for my venu even though they naturally spawn here, and 50 candies short on charizard. After being kicked out of a level 10 gym i built up and not having much support for my nearby gym that mystic seems desperate for, alongside decreasing temperatures, and the removal of the pokestop at the entrance of my school, i'm probably taking a break from the game and not going out with the purpose to play go anytime soon.

well I do not understand eggs.
another 10km egg hatched... another Hitmonlee it has the best offencive moveset available to it, which is Rock Smash + Brick Break. this is the second Pokemon I have had zero of until the Christmas period, and then hatched 2 within 2 week, there was also Pinsir, 2 hatches in quick succession.
I wouldn't even mind if Hitmonlee was terrible, I would rather have Hitmonchan or Chansey as those are 2 I am missing.
One of my local gyms is now level 10, another is 6 (it was 4.. I prestiged it to put my pokemon in, and it went up to 6 :D), yet another gym a few minutes away is only level 3, no idea why it gets ignored.
got my eye on a Machop nest a decent travel distance away, hoping for fruitful returns of a decent IVed Machop.

the Event was THAT bad.. I got a Venusaur in my area, I passed 3 others during the event and a Charizard, all in various suburbs. the only issue is maintaining a decent number of pokeballs, due to the catch rate.

This can't be happening. My path to go home from campus is now a nest for that evil six-tailed bitch. :mad:
Already caught four of them and unsurprisingly, I got misfortunes already with a blackout and a food stall I want to go to closed today. At least I almost end up having academic problem....

Now I wonder what is the next event and maybe sale. I have been saving coins for possible sales later. And with Gen2 approaching I hope they will increase the max Pokemon box. I already hit 750+ Pokemon kept and think I seriously need more spaces or sacking other 'mon with tighter criteria.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Welp, there went my phone, and subsequently, my streak bonuses.

And actually... I feel fine about it. It's a good "excuse" to quit Pokémon Go for a while. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Taking another look at Pokémon Go, it offers me very, very little. Motivation to go for a walk is the most notable thing, but the gameplay itself is pretty crap. A big, grindy Skinner box, where the whole excitement boils down to "Will the Pokémon stay inside the damn Poké Ball" and "Which Pokémon will hatch from this Egg?". Apart from the Pokémon themselves, it has very little to nothing of what makes Pokémon fun. You're walking around and throwing balls, the rest of the gameplay is a never-ending series of roulette spins, where you can't influence the outcome, or repetitive grind. Play the IV lottery and pray for something useable. Grind for a while to get candy and evolve your prize Pokémon. New round of lottery, this time for moves. Didn't get good moves? Congratulations, your Pokémon is useless and you can't reverse it, and all those candies were effectively wasted. And if you did get good moves, it's a grindfest galore to level up the damn thing. And of course, if you enjoy actually battling with your Pokémon, you'd better have played regularly for months, to get even a chance of not getting whooped by your neighbourhood Gym. Those are the only places you can actually battle with Pokémon, by the way. You know, the core aspect of the franchise.

Until Pokémon Go changes a few mechanics - radically - I'm not going to be particularly enthusiastic about it. It's a bad game, and in hindsight I'm slightly surprised that I stuck with it for so long. I wasn't exactly planning my walks around Poké Stops, but I used to take out my phone and spin the stops whenever I knew I passed one (there are six stops in total within a two-kilometre radius from my house, so I had a chance to get a few spins at most every day). Not sure if I'll start with that again when I get my phone replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)