Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
the matches I omitted, I either have 0 knowledge of one or both parties, or don't know enough about one or both to cast a fair prediction.

also stealing rozes' format.

SM OU: ABR (51) - (49) Ciele - giving ABR the edge here only because I feel he has the creative edge/foot up on the new meta so far. but it should still be vely close

ORAS OU: Rodriblutar (35) - Posho (65) - Rodribulator is way too passive imo, and I believe Posho's style and teams will exploit that and overwhelm him. Should be a safe win.

BW OU: Vinc2612 (55) - (45) Finchinator - "If matchup is equal" Vinc should snag this W as I think he's more composed and calculated overall, regardless of whatever path the battle takes

DPP OU: Smurf. (0) - (100) Porengan - didn't know byes existed in spl lol

ADV OU: Golden Sun (49) - (51) dekzeh - honestly giving dekzeh the edge here ONLY because of the unpredictability factor. this game should be close as fk tho.

BW OU: McMeghan (58) - (42) Shoka - Shoka is my mans and I do not doubt his ability one bit but, when it comes down to pound for pound, I think McM has a lot of things in his favor going into this battle, intimidating factor and better composure in tight spots being two of the more outstanding.

ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin (43) - (57) Triangles - just keeping it real treiner orenje you already know how that shit goes. you're rusty as fuck and Triangles is and has continued to be on his grind. for fucks sake the man used to call himself adv bro. so unless you bust out some of the trusty ol tricks from times in the past, your ass WILL be grass. #nobarsintended

GSC OU: giara (44) - (56) Mr.E - still not sold on giara's gscing abilities and Mystery understands the metagame believe it or not ;). 56 because E might bring some random phony shit that will just catch giara slippin and not knowing how to act

SM OU: mencemeat (53) - (47) Lysergic - if mencemeat is as scrupulous and cut-n-dry in competitive play as he is in his showdown lives I do not think Lysergic's "fuck-a-midground" aggressive plays will catch this man offguard anytime soon, as mencemeat wouldve probably had them scribbled in his handy dandy Possible Plays on Turn X book two turns back already anyway

ORAS OU: Zamrock vs High Impulse - predicting fat vs (borderline) HO teams respectively, and normally i'd auto-choose the HO squad for the W but...in HI's hand man you never know. this guy can be a bit wild sometimes man, and Zamrock plays decent bulky offense/stall, so.... 50-50 seems legit

BW OU: Soulwind vs Reymedy - FF;CC. FIDDY FIDDY; CANT CALL. I want to watch this live

DPP OU: Atticus (44) - (56) 6A9 Ace Matador - two rusty as fk noobs. imma choose the less rusty one, especially judging from last week's game. heh

BW2 OU: dice (51) - (49) Jirachee - nice game, dice game. edgin dice cos I think he makes the crunch time plays at a closer-to-ideal time, assuming everything else is equal. it should be vely close tho

ADV OU: Veteran In Love (46) - (54) Ojama - if this was classic old school VIL i wouldve dubbed it even, or even in the Veteran's favor, but that is not the case, and my mans has been absent from the competitive scene for a while now. And Ojama is a Solid Competitor

SM OU: FlamingVictini vs TDK - can't call. two innovative dudes with solid knowledge of the metagame. i dont know what to expect but i look forward to seeing this game

SM OU: aim vs kratosmana - i dont know how to seperate these 2 either. hmm. it will be a great game though that i know, but i just can't see one edging out the other somehow. my type of games

BW OU: Tokyo Tom (57) - (43) Jayde - TT has always been a very smooth (BW) battler competitively, and I just cannot take Jayde seriously in the tournament scene. So...if we do the math, it works out to a 57% likelihood that Jayde will get his ass handed to him. pause

ADV OU: Astamatitos (52) - (48) UD - Two very, very solid battlers, will definitely be a tight game. Edging Asta here because I think he's a bit more consistent. This is easily anyone's game though.

GSC OU: Fear vs BKC - cant call. would want to watch live

RBY OU: Nails vs Tobes - ???????

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This is the slowest SPL ever, play some games!!

Really looking forward to a few matches, non-Cryos ones I think I like UD vs Asta the most, both amazingly nice guys with a serious talent at ADV. UD's got a bit more to prove and I'd like to see him reach his full potential in a match against a player who will demand it.

Another player I'm keen to see play live is Sweep - been my favorite to spectate for ages, and his debut match this SPL was nothing short of incredible. At the top of his game I seriously will say there's nobody better, pleasure to watch someone like that and I'm confident he'll kick ass through the rest of the tour.

ADV OU: Golden Sun vs dekzeh: A highly anticipated game, at least for me. I'd give Dekzeh the edge considering his recent performances, albeit last year it seemed like the GS/Smurfer tag team managed to figure out a good team vs him. Potentially another Flygon -> Pursuitar turn 1 sequence.

ADV OU: JabbaTheGriffin vs Triangles: Triangles seems pretty on it lately, has solid teams and is eager to disprove those who ranked him as 10th seed. I haven't seen as much of Jabba than the others which is why I'll favor his opponent. However, if SPL7 has shown us anything is that he's not an opponent to be slept on.

ADV OU: Veteran In Love vs Ojama: *Dead heat* This should be the game everyone's waiting for. VIL being a very innovative player both in terms of building and battling is facing Ojama who's solid as hell and notorious for winning the matchup chess game (considering R1 as being a hiccup in that regard). Given their previous encounter in SPL7 this should be a treat for all ADV fans.

Good luck and have fun BKC and UD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)