VGC My pokemon 2017 VGC team(rate my team)

Hello im zifr0 and this is my first vgc team im kinda new to the VGC so i would like some help about my team(is it a well rounded up team or does it lack something feel free to post your suggestions)
This is my team:

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 4 SpA / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
i chosed this pokemon as my main trick room setter plus for his overall bulk with eviolite(this was the pokemon my team was based on with marowak)

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Protect
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Stockpile
so every team needs a pokemeon with the Z-move and araquanid was my choice i was between this pokemon or garchomp for the Z-ground move but i thought assault vest garchop would be better just to suprise my opponent and get them confused which pokemon has the z crystal

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bonemerang
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Protect
probalby my favorite pokemon in this team I chossed this guy in order to have another immunity to electircity plus he hits hard with this thick club under the trick room so i thought it would fit perfectly

Garchomp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

my assault best garchomp this was my 6th pokemon so i didnt really know what to do with him or even consider him as a member of this team.I just put him in the team cause a garchomp hits hard even with assault vest.The eves are such in order to help him survive varius attacks and hit back as well

Tapu Bulu @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 2 Def / 13 SpA / 19 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Protect
- Substitute
- Rock Slide
So this guy doesnt have perfect iv's but i choosed him in order to cover my ground weaknesses with his grassy terain thats all

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 100 Def / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Curse

A really strong member of this team especially with this set and spread.he can survive at least 3 EQs in grassy terain after eating the berry overall a bulky pokemon that work great under the treak room.To add up its a freee switch to a Z-move tapu lele

----------------------------------------------------

i noticed i have a lot physical attackers altough i have tried this team and it work pretty well what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, watch your grammar and punctuation! This post had so many errors it was becoming annoying just to quickly look it over.

The team looks fine but i do have a few minor suggestions. The first of these is to give garchomp 28 HP / 172 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 252 Spe instead of the EV spread you have here already. It offensively allows it to 2HKO 252 HP / 0 Def Arcanine. Defensively, the spread allows the following:
  • 252 Atk Garchomp Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 28 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 160-189 (85.5 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 28 HP / 52 SpD Assault Vest Garchomp: 78-94 (41.7 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Golduck Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 28 HP / 52 SpD Assault Vest Garchomp in Rain: 153-180 (81.8 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 28 HP / 52 SpD Assault Vest Garchomp: 128-152 (68.4 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
My second suggestion is to adjust Tapu Bulu's EV spread as well as running Horn Leech over Substitute as HP is more important to retain then being behind a substitute especially considering that you would be changing the EVs. Since you are running a TR team i think it makes sense to have more Atk investment and less Spe investment. The new EVs would be 244 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe. Offensively, it allows:
  • 116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Milotic in Grassy Terrain: 258-306 (127.7 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 141-166 (97.2 - 114.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
  • -1 116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Krookodile in Grassy Terrain: 186-218 (106.2 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele in Grassy Terrain: 229-271 (129.3 - 153.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensively it just gives Bulu a 94% chance to survive 252+ celesteela's heavy slam.

My last piece of advice would be to run Shadow Sneak over Curse on Muk. This is used mainly to break focus sashes and/or finish of low HP opp. But thats all I got. Good luck with the team! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)