CAP Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Tomo and Mala Tribes have both reached 3 wins, earning them Tribal Immunity. The Plasma Tribe has no chance of getting 3 wins as they have played all of their matches. Plasma is going to Tribal Council.

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-Members from the losing tribe will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members from the losing tribes have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.

Tagging members of the losing tribe:

DarkSlay cbrevan Snorlax in the way GreenGogoatttt Broken Phobias

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Tribal Council was completed in a record speed, so we are now moving to our fourth tribal immunity challenge! Since Boober Island still has an ongoing match, the people on Boober Island will have 24 hours to finish their last match before their next challenge matchups are announced.

The Tomo and Mala tribes get their first look at the new Plasma Tribe... GreenGogoatttt was eliminated at the last tribal council.

This time, our challenge is called the Aurumoth Match Up. Contestants will play standard SuMo matches with one catch; every team used must contain an Aurumoth. Players will play in a Bo3 format and the winner of the Bo3 will earn a point for their tribe. The tribe with the most points at the end will win Tribal Immunity.

Every tribe will select 3 people to participate. Since they did not participate last challenge, Galvantula Tank and LucarioOfLegends must participate for the Tomo Tribe, Marjane must participate for the Mala Tribe, and Snorlax in the way must participate for the Plasma Tribe.

Every tribe must send me their line up including the order. You have 24 hours to send me the lineups (please send them via your smogon convo or your discord channel)
reachzero LucarioOfLegends Galvantula Tank TraceofLife Kyubics jas61292 Marjane Okamu snake_rattler DarkSlay cbrevan Broken Phobias Snorlax in the way

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To clarify, when you say "standard SuMo matches (including Aurumoth)", do you mean CAP, or do you actually mean Standard (OU)? Are we allowed to bring Colossoil, Tomohawk, etc?

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
So Mala never gave me a full lineup and pretty much no team gave me slot numbers, but it's been far past 24 hours so ima just fill in the gaps myself.

T Galvantula Tank vs M jas61292 | T Galvantula Tank vs P cbrevan | M jas61292 vs P cbrevan
T LucarioOfLegends vs M Marjane | T LucarioOfLegends vs P DarkSlay | M Marjane vs P DarkSlay
T reachzero vs M snake_rattler | T reachzero vs P Snorlax in the way | M snake_rattler vs P Snorlax in the way

Tomo: 0
Mala: 0
Plasma: 0

Tribe with the most points wins Tribal Immunity. Tribe with the least points goes to Tribal Council. Tribe in the middle may win immunity or may go to tribal as well, depending on their performance.

Regarding PenQuin vs Frat Dude, no contact has been made so ima decide that fratty's lack of interest in spark's battle extends here. Frat Dude is eliminated from Boober Island, PenQuin lives to see another day.

Boober Island matchups will be sparktrain vs Granny Pie and PenQuin vs GreenGogoatttt (in the same format above; Bo3 SuMo CAP with Aurumoth required). The two losers of the matches then face off in Bo3 SuMo CAP (Auru not required, though certainly allowed). The loser of the losers is eliminated from the game.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
It's been 48 hours. I don't see a single flippin' VM on any of the 9 battler's profiles. Every single tribe is going to tribal council as a result unless I get a tribe with multiple users who have proof of scheduling attempts. No tribe has won Tribal Immunity.

Here is how Tribal Council will go down:

-Members from the losing tribes (all of them) will PM me, HeaLnDeaL, on Smogon or on Discord and say which person from their tribe they are casting their votes for to leave the tribe. Once a vote is cast, it cannot be changed. Do not cast your votes in this thread.
-If anyone has a hidden immunity idol and they would like to play it, he/she must let me know that they are playing it and who they are playing it for (remember, it can only be played to save yourself or someone on your current tribe). This must be done at the SAME time as you cast your vote. Since votes are blind, and won't be revealed to the tribe until everyone from the tribe has cast, this means that this method essentially makes idols work in the "standard" way of the show; idols are activated after voting but before the votes are revealed. Me asking for idols to be declared during the voting process saves us a great deal of time while not impacting the strategy of the usage of idols at all.
-The above means that there are hidden immunity idols (and clues to idols) in this game, you oafs.
-Casting a hidden immunity idol on yourself or another player at tribal council means that you or your chosen tribemate cannot be eliminated and all votes against you or the person protected by the idol will not count. You do not have to play an idol if you have one and you may save it for later. Use it when you think you need it. Casting a single idol can only keep a single person safe, so choose who you protect carefully (most often people choose to protect themselves). Once you play the idol, you will lose it and will not be able to play another unless you find another.
-Members from the losing tribes have 24 hours to cast their votes (and play any hidden immunity idols). If someone on a tribe does not vote, then his/her vote will be for him/herself or for some other throwaway vote unless I can determine what his/her intended vote was.
-If there is a tie after the votes are read, then I will give a 24 hour extension for revotes in which the people with the highest number of votes cannot cast votes and the people casting can ONLY vote for the those with the highest number of votes in the first voting round on that Tribal Council. If the revote results in another tie, then another 24 hour extension will be given for the voters in the revote to come to a unanimous decision of who to vote out. If a decision cannot be made, then the people who had the highest number of votes against them become safe and one of the revoters will be RANDOMLY eliminated from the game. Revotes are rare, so the "standard" time for Tribal Council will be 24 hours and only rarely will it be extended.
-Because this is a curveball tribal council, I'm extending the initial voting period to 48 hours. Yes, Yes, I know, right above it says a bunch of 24s, but I'd rather be safe than sorry this time. And I don't want to edit it out because I'm lazy and might accidentally copy/paste it incorrectly next time...

I know you kids are going to hate me for this, and I technically didn't even post a deadline in the above challenge but you really should have known better and made scheduling attempts (cue the rage now). Like I said above, if you guys can give me definitive proof of scheduling attempts made outside of VMs I will honor them and the tribe(s) with the most scheduling attempts will gain immunity. But barring that from happening, all of you are going to tribal council and you should prepare for that. Due to the special 48 hour nature of this tribal council I highly recommend you spend the first 24 hours talking with your tribe and alliances to figure out who to vote out, and for you to actually vote in the second 24 hours.

Tagging members of the losing tribes:

reachzero Kyubics TraceofLife LucarioOfLegends Galvantula Tank
jas61292 snake_rattler Marjane Okamu
DarkSlay cbrevan Snorlax in the way Broken Phobias

PenQuin and GreenGogoatttt you have 48 hours to play your match or both of you will be eliminated from Boober Island. The loser of your match must also schedule to fight sparktrain ASAP.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's been 48 hours. I don't see a single flippin' VM on any of the 9 battler's profiles.
To be fair, unlike all the previous challenges, there was no time limit stated in the post for this one, and, at least in my experience, almost all "scheduling" has been hang out on PS and see when your opponents are around. Not saying you shouldn't make a call, but the challenges have varied in allotted time from around 1.5 to 3 days, and it has been 2 (less than the longest one) without there being a known time limit (not to mention with it being Bo3 6v6, this is a lot more time consuming of a challenge than the first one which was Bo1 yet had 3 days allotted).

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
The decision certainly wasn't made because all of the matches weren't done already. It was because no one even attempted to publicly schedule. If you're not going to bother to schedule until day 3 of 3 then it just makes you look like a john. Since my post above, I've been added to one scheduling convo in which attempts to battle were made but no one actually bothered to get specific times and thus people still weren't online at the same time. There was one person who also attempted to schedule his matches on Saturday/Sunday, which would have been well past end of the normal challenge. Yes, you're right that my challenge post didn't explicitly say limits but I already addressed that in my decision post. And like I said, I'm willing to spare a tribe or two going to council if there's evidence of real scheduling from the majority of the tribe... I just don't have that yet.

I personally reject the notion that people just idle of PS and plan to battle when both of them just so happen to be on. Looking at the profiles for the 9 battlers this time, there are a ton of VMs for past challenge cycles, and none for this one. Additionally, I've already seen challenge opponents online at the same exact time during the first 48 hours of the challenge and no matches have happened.

This is a timed game. I'm not going to let a challenge last 5 days simply because people didn't bother making contact during the first 2 like they are supposed to. The OP states that daily activity is the expected norm.

If you believe your tribe has been slighted by this decision, you have the burden of proof to show that genuine scheduling attempts were made. I realize everyone has lives outside of this game. But if you aren't going to spend 5 minutes over the course of 48 hours to schedule a match with your opp then I'm inclined to think that you don't even have the activity needed to win the game of survivor.

I really don't mean to be that harsh to any of you, and I realize the some behind the scenes scheduling were done. But I still haven't found proof of a tribe with 2 or more of their battlers trying to seriously schedule in a timely manner.

Also, if we're being real here, I'm going to take opportunities to eliminate multiple players when I can, as it will help the game stay on schedule. Since this is a Redemption Island version and people will be coming back into the game, it means that the elimination of players needs to happen more quickly in order to properly compensate. It was either this challenge or others in the not so distant future, but it seemed like a decent opportunity now. I will completely honor my promise to give tribes immunity if they have proof that they properly scheduled the majority of their battles.

Survivor isn't the game for johns. Go play some PL for that :^) Twists galore.

You thought this challenge was about Aurumoth? You got illusion'd sonny. Twas about scheduling like a good kiddo.

I was already planning on sending the tribe with the worst scheduling habits to tribal council this time rather than basing it on the number of wins. Just turns out this challenge there wasn't a standout tribe \o/

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
It's time to get a new look at the tribes... Galvantula Tank, snake_rattler, and Broken Phobias were all voted off at Tribal Council and have been moved to Boober Island.

PenQuin has failed to schedule his match during the Aurumoth/Scheduling challenge, meaning he is now eliminated from Boober Island and has left the game completely. Even though sparktrain lost his match, he didn't john during the scheduling challenge, meaning he has been saved and lives to see another challenge on Boober Island.

But wait, there's more... it's time to shake things up with a Tribe Swap. We will be moving from 3 tribes to 2 tribes and I have randomized the members. I didn't want to deal with you guys picking numbers since it eats up valuable time and I want to keep things moving along so I drew names out of a hat by myself.

The Mala Tribe is no more, and only the Tomo and Plasma Tribes remain, but some of their members have switched sides during the shake up.

The new Tomo Tribe consists of:
reachzero
Okamu
cbrevan
Marjane
TraceofLife

The new Plasma Tribe consists of:
DarkSlay
jas61292
Snorlax in the way
Kyubics
LucarioOfLegends

I have created new tribal discords and smogon conversations for the two tribes. As a reminder, you aren't allowed to talk game with people no longer on your current tribe. With only two tribes, this means you no longer have to deal with scheduling matches with two different opponents during the challenge cycle. Challenge 5 will be a fairly straightforward one. Each member of Tomo will face a member of Plasma in Bo3 standard SuMo CAP. No additional Pokemon will be banned. The catch this time is that all 3 matches of the Bo3 must be played, even if someone wins the first two. Every individual game win within the Bo3 will earn the participant a point for their tribe; this means a tribe member can earn up to 3 points for their tribe if they win all 3 matches but even if someone loses the bo3 but still wins a single match his/her efforts will not be fruitless and he/she will earn his/her tribe a single point. If there is a tie at the end of this, then the tribe with the most bo3 wins (i.e. tribe with the most members who won at least 2 of their 3 matches) will win. Winning tribe gains tribal immunity. Loser goes to tribal council where yet another person will be voted out. The match ups are as follows:

reachzero v DarkSlay
Okamu v jas61292
cbrevan v Snorlax in the way
Marjane v Kyubics
TraceofLife v LucarioOfLegends

Tomo: 3
Plasma: 12

Schedule your matches ASAP, as the challenge will end 72 hours from now.

On Boober Island, the matchups follow the same battle format of Bo3 standard SuMo CAP and will be as follows:

sparktrain v Broken Phobias
Galvantula Tank v Granny Pie
GreenGogoatttt v snake_rattler

The three losers will face off in a Bo1 Round Robin and will keep cycling through until there is a winner. The two losers will then be eliminated from Boober Island... unless it's very clear that there was a bigger loser out of the two, in which case I might spare one loser. But don't count on it.

Good luck with your matches and I hope you all get to talking with your new tribemates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)