Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that would really be useful since the /weak command mostly does the same thing if you're willing to spend another 10 seconds to write the name of the Pokémon
Yes, /weak does the job, but I think it'd be pretty helpful for new players in some way.

Friends or a way to tag users you talk/interact with the most. Also a ranking indication to each poke of each tier may be helpful. E.g Lando T is S rank so there should be a 'S' or some form of indication.

1st suggestion:
Have access to ALL (including private ones...Somehow, maybe the replay page recognizes the logged-in account at play.pokemonshowdown.com? Login your account in the replays page? Access to private replays here in the forum? I don't know, just one way to view) your saved replays(At this moment have a limit of 502 replays for each nickname);

2nd suggestion:
When downloading a private replay, show the link like; http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ (If the replay is private and only you have the download.. you can't pass it to a friend unless if you have the link of the replay);

3rd suggestion:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_move
Put those moves (and maybe shadow pokémons too) in the Pokémon Showdown. Maybe only in generation 3 can use this (can use in the custom game also, that neither bersek gene that has in generation 2 but can be used in custom game). You could also make a kind of OM, tier, etc.

For now, it's this.

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1st suggestion:
Have access to ALL (including private ones...Somehow, maybe the replay page recognizes the logged-in account at play.pokemonshowdown.com? Login your account in the replays page? Access to private replays here in the forum? I don't know, just one way to view) your saved replays(At this moment have a limit of 502 replays for each nickname);

2nd suggestion:
When downloading a private replay, show the link like; http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ (If the replay is private and only you have the download.. you can't pass it to a friend unless if you have the link of the replay);

3rd suggestion:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_move
Put those moves (and maybe shadow pokémons too) in the Pokémon Showdown. Maybe only in generation 3 can use this (can use in the custom game also, that neither bersek gene that has in generation 2 but can be used in custom game). You could also make a kind of OM, tier, etc.

For now, it's this.
1. Not quite sure what you're asking. You can go to http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ and search for replays under your name, if that helps. You can also make any replay shareable by clicking the "upload" button after a battle and copying + pasting/storing the link.

3. PS only implements side-game moves/pokemon if they can be transferred to and usable in a core series game; that's why its recognized that gen3 Lugia gets Psycho Boost by "event", but why Shadow Lugia and Shadow Blast aren't implemented. If you want to submit an OM on the concept, that's totally fine, but keep in mind that OMs aren't automatically supported on the main server.

1. Not quite sure what you're asking. You can go to http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ and search for replays under your name, if that helps. You can also make any replay shareable by clicking the "upload" button after a battle and copying + pasting/storing the link.

3. PS only implements side-game moves/pokemon if they can be transferred to and usable in a core series game; that's why its recognized that gen3 Lugia gets Psycho Boost by "event", but why Shadow Lugia and Shadow Blast aren't implemented. If you want to submit an OM on the concept, that's totally fine, but keep in mind that OMs aren't automatically supported on the main server.

I mean, if i go to ''http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/'' and search 1 nickname, will have a limit of Replays to show(502).For example, try to find in my search history (Kirigon) this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-335558536 .
The history only goes to here:: http://prntscr.com/dtnpvq (2 months ago).Do not come back. What I suggest is that you go back to the first saved replay. If you use Control Buton + F in the google chrome and put in the blank space ''Kirigon'', You will see that the count will be 502.

To reinforce:
It would be interesting also a way to view private replays that you lost the link (but not anyone but the people who battled in that private battle).

And, I'm sorry about anything (my English is not very good and although it's not 100% of what I type google translate helps me [although it's not the best help I think lol])

Last edited:
I do like this suggestion! In the meantime, Lady Monita (bot) has a mail service that will PM a user what you send, when they next come online.
Fwiw, Lady Monita will only mail the recipient if they are in a room Lady Monita is in, so if I mail someone using LM who is only in the Survivor and Ruins of Alph chat they won't get the mail.

Also 3rd time lucky I guess (no one responded the last two times). Can we please have formatting show up in PMs that are displayed in the chat? It would be really useful for people who like to have two chats open.

Luna

journey before destination
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok. Now I get it.

This is being discussed since a long time, but for now they decided to not implement it, that could change though.

Last edited:
They should make a battle factory mode incorporating pokemon from all regions and have it work like the game where you can choose a pokemon the other person had if you win to replace one on your team. That'd be cool

I would like for the Hidden Avatars (teamrocket, zinnia, yellow etc.) to be permanent, since they reset to your last avatar when you exit PS!.

I have been building a lot of teams lately and i have noticed a couple things that could be improved to make teambuilding an easier and better experience inside the sim itself. All of a sudden I will get an idea for a team and jump into teambuilder to make it. The first thing that I would do is put in all of the pokemon. But obviously we aren't going to be innovating every time we make a team (unless your name is giagantic), so why not have a similar function to that in the calculator. That is that when you search up a pokemon, you get a list of all the trending sets. For example, if I search up tapu lele, the options: scarf lele, specs lele, and cm lele would come up. By selecting one of these, it would automatically give me the items, evs, abilities, and moves of that set. This would get rid of having to put in the same sets in every time you make a team. Thank you for at least reading my suggestion. :)

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If it's feasible programming-wise, that does sound rather useful and convenient for quick teambuilding/testing. I'm thinking of a way to implement it while not compromising normal teambuilding: maybe if you select a new "smogon sets" category as your team, when you search a pokemon's name, you're returned all of its smogon analysis sets?

Do you guys deal with the damage calc? https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

I think it'd be neat to have a "Z-Move" button next to the crit one. Depending on the chosen move, the calc would automatically adjust the attack's base power to what it would be and display it appropriately on the calc. As it is now, you would have to do /dt on the move to find out its z-power, fix it on the calc, c/p the result, and then modify it accordingly to accurately portray what you did on the calc. Relatively not too troublesome, but would probably be appreciated.

Also, in the profile where you change your avatar and background, there should be an option to disable the HP Percentage Mod. Sometimes it's easier to player when you can see your Pokemon's actual HP instead of a percentage of it's HP.

Also, in the profile where you change your avatar and background, there should be an option to disable the HP Percentage Mod. Sometimes it's easier to player when you can see your Pokemon's actual HP instead of a percentage of it's HP.
The exact HP is always sent by the server when it needs you to make a decision. At other times, the client only shows you an estimate of the HP.

Be able to speak in accounts that are not confirmed, if has room auth or global auth (obs: modchat autoconfirmed).

Be able to speak in accounts that are not confirmed, if has room auth or global auth (obs: modchat autoconfirmed).
This exists. It's called modchat off. Sometimes, if you ask a Room Owner/Room Mod to turn modchat off, they will, but not always. This is flawed because sometimes the only staff on could be AFK and can't always pay attention to the chat.

I'm saying that room auths / global auths with not confirmed account, cannot say in modchat autoconfirmed. lol. And technically, auths > autoconfirmed.

I'm saying that room auths / global auths with not confirmed account, cannot say in modchat autoconfirmed. lol. And technically, auths > autoconfirmed.
Unconfirmed accounts cannot be promoted to an auth rank, to my knowledge.

E: Nevermind I was wrong, but unconfirmed accounts would only be really be promoed to auth rank in a name change scenario where the user can simply wait a week. Also I tested this in a gchat, where I went on an unautoconfirmed alt and made a groupchat (with a bot). I set modchat to ac and was still able to talk, when the unac account was roomdriver.

Last edited:
Hello all!

So I know usage stats are calculated for each tier, which means that the system already registers all the pokemon that are used in each battle and stores this data somewhere. Could this be used to include a "Search for pokemon" option for replays? In my opinion this could lead to greater understanding on how each pokemon is and/or can be played.
Assume I've never used Heracross and want to learn how it fares: I can read the SmogonDex's analysis and get a vague idea of how it can be used, but at the moment if I want to look for replays featuring Heracross I can at best select the metagame I'm interested in and then click furiously on one replay after another scanning team previews and looking for Heracross. With a "Search for pokemon" option I could instead look for Heracross (or 214, whatever is handled better by a hypothetical search system) and then enjoy various replays of either Heracross or Mega Heracross.

What do you think? Is this feasible/possible?
So, still no opinions on this one?
Any opinion?
Any consideration on this?
A brief explanation of why this wouldn't be feasible would also be fine, because while it's true that the data is recorded and stored somewhere maybe it'd be difficult to retrieve it. Or maybe not. I don't know, I'm not a programmer. This is why I posted here.

Make a way for bots to tell whether you're highlighting names before warning you. I had an hour mute once for talking to a guy whose name a bot thought was "Spam." I'm afraid it will hurt my chances of becoming staff.

Make a way for bots to tell whether you're highlighting names before warning you. I had an hour mute once for talking to a guy whose name a bot thought was "Spam." I'm afraid it will hurt my chances of becoming staff.
A nice idea (could perhaps apply to global bots) but each individual bot owner would have to code their bot as such, and getting it to all of the bots might be a bit of a pain. Also, chances of promos generally aren't ruined by bot warns/punishments as such, because they aren't particularly effective at moderating.

While I'm here: bumping an old suggestion I made. When you have "Show PMs in Chat Rooms" ticked, can we make it so formatting shows up. It'd be useful for people who have two rooms up at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)