M&M Mix and Mega

I've been thinking a bit about marshadow in mnm recently even though they're unreleased
even though there's a chance they could end up being banned, how do you all thing marshadow would be in mnm?
lucarionite seems like it could work well with them since it has perfectly neutral stab coverage

I'd give Marshadow a week at best before it's banned. It's extremely fast, very strong, has perfect coverage with two moves like you said (at least until we get a Mega that imparts either Ghost or Normal-type), and SD. This is without mentioning Spectral Thief, so bulky set-up would probably be a thing of the past as long as it's in the tier.

But yeah, base 160 Attack and 147 Speed would be hell combined with that STAB and movepool.

speaking of unreleased megas, banettite breloom could see more use this gen now that it immediately gets prankster spore.
In fact, I feel like there are a lot of mons that could really benefit from these new ability mechanics

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
There's a shitton of Pokemon that will appreciate Banettite a lot more this gen because of instant Prankster. I've got a lead Mew set I'm working on specifically to take advantage of this buff.

some things that I'm really looking forward to trying out are latiasite nihilego, lopunnite phero/kartana, and altarianite zygarde, and I'm excited to see how the meta will develop to accommodate to the new mega stones, as well as whether or not old threats like altarianite entei will make a comeback

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren
GO!Groudon (Golem) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Rock Head
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Frustration
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Frustration
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
It's a decent set, though Golem is pretty much 99% outclassed as a Pinsirite user by Regirock, who has somewhat less attack, but better defenses and more important base 50(boosted to 70). Not to mention Regirock has Drain Punch for semi-usable recovery.

some things that I'm really looking forward to trying out are latiasite nihilego, lopunnite phero/kartana, and altarianite zygarde, and I'm excited to see how the meta will develop to accommodate to the new mega stones, as well as whether or not old threats like altarianite entei will make a comeback
Latiasite Nihilego made me so excited, I posted my findings about it in the resource thread. That should give you all an idea how good it can become. Those others look to be very nice, too... I wonder if Zygarde's even going to use Altarianite that often, or if that goes to Entei... those dynamics are going to be interesting to see.

Oh, and before I forget....
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Frustration
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
I can raise one better. (Though Golem certainly has its niche, and is also good at this)

Gigalith @ Pinsirite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return/Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion/Return

Helloooo, Sand Stream! Gigalith isn't that fast, so it's mainly going to be taking the hits, and dishing them back out. This is kind of like a Tyranitar without Dragon Dance... except that it can also explode. You can run a nice Curse set, too. Basically, Gigalith went from Golem's mocked cousin to its superior, which is really impressive.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
A forgotten mon..

Togekiss @ Venusaurite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell / Defog

(85/68/135/142/135/80 --> 645)

I really enjoyed Togekiss last gen with Aggronite, but I can't do that this gen (sigh) so I settled on Venusaurite instead to make Togekiss a viable defensive presence. Togekiss's typing and bulk (80/135/135) in combination with Thick Fat make it excellent for the meta, specifically for defensive or defensively inclined balance teams. With Flying typing and Thick Fat, it can check non-Stone Edge Primal Groudon in a similar method as Zapdos. It completely walls Pheromosa, can check Hoopa-U, and can check non-Smart Strike Kartana sets. If you really need it to, it can take on Weavile to get a Thunder Wave off:
252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Togekiss: 174-206 (46.5 - 55%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO
Toxic is likely better for stall teams, but Thunder Wave gives Togekiss great utility to hinder your foes enough where your teammates can better clean later in game. Even without Serene Grace, ParaFlinch can do wonders, as well, giving Togekiss some offensive presence (142SpA is deceptive).
Its real attraction is checking Pheromosa and Hoopa-U. Both of these are huge threats, so try it out.

252+ SpA Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 117-138 (31.2 - 36.8%)
Boosts included

Last edited:
Tapu Lele @ Scizorite
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Draining Kiss
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu lele with scizorite is surprisingly good and bulky. 416 special attack (624 with one charge beam boost). A lot like like gardevoir, but slightly bulkier with the added bonus of Psychic terrain giving it a super strong psychic, stopping lead Golisopod and Weavile, and also stoping espeed revenge kill. Draining kiss is an amazing move, I've had many games where I lived hard hitting moves and restored all or almost all my hp. It's speed is also not bad being able to outspeed most non invested attackers.

Last edited:
A forgotten mon..

Togekiss @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell / Defog

(85/68/135/142/135/80 --> 645)

I really enjoyed Togekiss last gen with Aggronite, but I can't do that this gen (sigh) so I settled on Venusaurite instead to make Togekiss a viable defensive presence. Togekiss's typing and bulk (80/135/135) in combination with Thick Fat make it excellent for the meta, specifically for defensive or defensively inclined balance teams. With Flying typing and Thick Fat, it can check non-Stone Edge Primal Groudon in a similar method as Zapdos. It completely walls Pheromosa, can check Hoopa-U, and can check non-Smart Strike Kartana sets. If you really need it to, it can take on Weavile to get a Thunder Wave off:
252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Thick Fat Togekiss: 174-206 (46.5 - 55%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO
Toxic is likely better for stall teams, but Thunder Wave gives Togekiss great utility to hinder your foes enough where your teammates can better clean later in game. Even without Serene Grace, ParaFlinch can do wonders, as well, giving Togekiss some offensive presence (142SpA is deceptive).
Its real attraction is checking Pheromosa and Hoopa-U. Both of these are huge threats, so try it out.

252+ SpA Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 117-138 (31.2 - 36.8%)
Boosts included
Man, I COMPLETELY forgot about Venusaurite when considering my stones for Togekiss! That set looks fantastic! and one that I'm tempted to put in my analysis
Aggronite makes Togekiss a nice defensive type, though I personally prefer having STAB Steel coverage on most of my Aggronite mons, such as Tyranitar (whose bulk is actually digusting in Sandstorm; don't let those double weaknesses fool you) and Garchomp, who is my personal favorite due to being both a heavy hitter and really hard to remove from the battle.
...But I digress. That is probably the best physically defensive option for Togekiss, though I feel what I did a while back is cool for some special threats....

Togekiss @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun
- Heal Bell

(Base Stats: 85/80/115/165/115/80 -> 645)

This is a spread I used for my Core Laddering Challenge, and it pairs with a bunch of terrifying threats extremely well, including the incredibly underrated Giratina-Origin. It also beats Weavile with ease, along with Golisopod and the ever threatening Manaphy, and can hard wall Pheromosa without Poison Jab (and even with it, it lives the attack, and retaliates lethally). But the main reason I wanted to use this Togekiss is as a hard stop to Tapu Koko. It takes less than 50% from anything Tapu Koko can do, and OHKOs with an uninvested Flamethrower. Few other defensive Pokemon can claim to be quite that efficient when dealing with something quite so fast...

...Wait a minute. Did I just find something that beats BOTH Manaphy spreads that were really good? (Absolite, and Sceptilite, which is not available) I think I did. We were staring at it the whole time...
But yeah. Togekiss is really good, Sablenite and Salamancite sets are also more than usable; try it out sometime! With a good partner, Togekiss will bring you far into your battles...

I just tricked a Mewtwo to use its Z-move on my Zoroark cause Illision works in mnm. Not the best set, but it's pretty good.

N (Zoroark) (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower

That's a fun team, though one that's not too hot for winning against the finest ones.

Pokebank is upon us. Hopefully the mega stone flow begins sooner rather than later. or else I need to bug ti about management things
Now then, have a set that won't have the world yelling at me for being bad.

Noivern @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower

The power issue of Pinsirite Boomburst is solved very nicely with this set. Even though it does not touch speed, base 123 is still pretty fast. Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse both hurt (where is our wind pulse?), and Flamethrower is coverage. Roost is there because Noivern has actual bulk now. Replays might come when I have an actual team supporting this monster, and not a bunch of buffoons weak to Primal Kyogre.

Ok so I get how mega evolving works when a pokemon is in a different form than its original, but how does it work when you mega evolve in the original form, and then change into another form? For example, if Meloetta-A mega evolves, then uses relic song to change into Meloetta-P, what happens? Do the mega bonuses get added to Meloetta-P, does Meloetta-P change to its normal stats unboosted, or does Meloetta-P retain Mega Meloetta-A's stats, but just change type/appearance? I know that this shouldn't really matter because Meloetta without Pidgeotite isn't that great , but I'm just curious.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Ok so I get how mega evolving works when a pokemon is in a different form than its original, but how does it work when you mega evolve in the original form, and then change into another form? For example, if Meloetta-A mega evolves, then uses relic song to change into Meloetta-P, what happens? Do the mega bonuses get added to Meloetta-P, does Meloetta-P change to its normal stats unboosted, or does Meloetta-P retain Mega Meloetta-A's stats, but just change type/appearance? I know that this shouldn't really matter because Meloetta without Pidgeotite isn't that great , but I'm just curious.
I answered this in the other thread, but basically when Meloetta-A uses Relic Song to transform into Melo-P, and then mega evolves, it switches back to Melo-A form (Normal/Psychic, and the Melo-A stats) before applying Mega Stone changes. Also Pidgeotite is unreleased at the moment.

I know, I read your answer, but that's not what I was asking this time. I was wondering what happens when Meloetta-A mega evolves first and then uses Relic Song to change into Meloetta-P. Doesn't matter now, I was testing with Meloetta and it turns out the when Mega Meloetta-A uses Relic Song, it will change into regular Meloetta-P. Kinda disappointing, but it is what it is. Also yeah, it sucks that Pidgeotite is unreleased atm.

That's a fun team, though one that's not too hot for winning against the finest ones.

Pokebank is upon us. Hopefully the mega stone flow begins sooner rather than later. or else I need to bug ti about management things
Now then, have a set that won't have the world yelling at me for being bad.

Noivern @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower

The power issue of Pinsirite Boomburst is solved very nicely with this set. Even though it does not touch speed, base 123 is still pretty fast. Dragon Pulse and Dark Pulse both hurt (where is our wind pulse?), and Flamethrower is coverage. Roost is there because Noivern has actual bulk now. Replays might come when I have an actual team supporting this monster, and not a bunch of buffoons weak to Primal Kyogre.

I wanted to try this out so bad i love noivern also the the -ate nerf actually makes a difference noivern with alteralite with a max roll will no longer ko your average pdon it will only do 99.4% XD and thats a max roll it does most of the health so it cant switch in and if you have a little bit of chip damage it will knock it out most of the time :)
but my show down is screwing up >.< every time the battle starts i crash no matter what i play on, be it Lc ubers or anything between.

Could there be a motion to add mega sprites to pokemon that evolve with dif stones? Example: lucario megas with a metagrossite (not sure why), but still gets the sprite of a mega lucario.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)