Forming UU team, Please help!!!

My brother uses his Banette to trick the Iron Ball onto a switch in and then burns it. It's really cool... cripples a sweeper instantly.

He ruined my Drapion like this :P

Haha, funny thing is that was one of my first battles playing with my sand stream team :P
I made some bad decisions as you can see, But it won't happen again! I've been practicing with it well :D
I was surprised with the UU team, Mostly i was just trying to decide between movesets for my guys, testing stuff out basically :P
Would love to play you again, was a nice game :)
I left quickly without saying " gg " Cause i was just testing :F I'm not rude at all! :O

I am begining my journey as an Underused trainer in the Overused enviornment aswell. I'm glad you started this thread, it has already helped me alot. I am doing this because I love to use lower tier Pokemon, and it will mainly help me become a better battler.

Try Noctowl. I was going to try him out on my UU team. He is an excellent Breloom counter if your prediction is up to par. Noctowl comes in on Spore with Insomnia, and then scares Breloom away with the possiblity of an Air Slash assualt. He also carries Hypnosis, team support such as Reflect, etc. Looks very cool.

He also carries Hypnosis, team support such as Light Screen, etc. Looks very cool.
Sorry to rain on your parade but Noctowl CANNOT learn Light Screen, it just learns Reflect. Its actually rather annoying, since if it did it'd be a true absolute special wall. It already shrugs off Boltbeams easily despite being weak to it. However it does learn Night Shade which is good if you want more consistant damage than Air Slash in exchange for lack of STAB and flinch and Whirlwind for phazing needs.

Also Noctowl has to come in on the Breloom Spore (which thankfully is incredibly predictable), a Focus Punch will completely destroy Noctowl being neutral with that defense to boot.

However definitely the most useful things about Noctowl is it can make safe forced switches being able to sleep before phazing. The only other pokemon capable of this is Yanmega, Crobat, Tropius and Butterfree.

The other being is it is near impossible to status a Noctowl. Insomnia prevents it ever falling asleep and with Psycho Shift it can reverse any status inflicted on Noctowl not named freeze.

Sorry to rain on your parade but Noctowl CANNOT learn Light Screen, it just learns Reflect. Its actually rather annoying, since if it did it'd be a true absolute special wall. It already shrugs off Boltbeams easily despite being weak to it. However it does learn Night Shade which is good if you want more consistant damage than Air Slash in exchange for lack of STAB and flinch and Whirlwind for phazing needs.

Also Noctowl has to come in on the Breloom Spore (which thankfully is incredibly predictable), a Focus Punch will completely destroy Noctowl being neutral with that defense to boot.

However definitely the most useful things about Noctowl is it can make safe forced switches being able to sleep before phazing. The only other pokemon capable of this is Yanmega, Crobat, Tropius and Butterfree.

The other being is it is near impossible to status a Noctowl. Insomnia prevents it ever falling asleep and with Psycho Shift it can reverse any status inflicted on Noctowl not named freeze.
Reflect is actually what I meant. Brain fart ftl.

My brother uses his Banette to trick the Iron Ball onto a switch in and then burns it. It's really cool... cripples a sweeper instantly.
:D im gona try that, but maybe on a different team.

Twilight, your awesome. Thank you for the praise and im glad that this has helped you as mush as it has helped me. Lol, brainfart. We should have a battle sometime ^_^

He ruined my Drapion like this :P
Isn't that overkill? If you just burned the switch in instead, you could send out something that could set up on it instead of wasting a turn tricking Iron Ball on it, since a burn usually does the job unless they have a Heal Beller.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Isn't that overkill? If you just burned the switch in instead, you could send out something that could set up on it instead of wasting a turn tricking Iron Ball on it, since a burn usually does the job unless they have a Heal Beller.
You can't be sure he's going to a physical attacker. Nor can you be sure he isn't going to something with Guts/Quick Feet.

Having said that, you can't be sure he isn't going to something like Hippowdon who doesn't care too much about a speed drop (although he does like his Leftovers).

How is Regigigas UU? It has a way to work around Slow
Start.
It has to stall for 5 turns. Pokemon can eaisly work around his strategy of Thunderwaving and substalling for 5 turns simply by using their own substitute. And basically, since his speed is halved, most Pokemon can get their substitute out first and then your Regigifail fails even further. Or more basically, your Pokemon can be of the ground type, or have Limber/Volt Absorb.

Lee

@ Thick Club
As an update, Syntacus just beat me there in a rematch. And Sand Veil fucked me again. I missed Ice Beam, then Roar against his Subbing Garchomp. ARGH. Then in the next match, I missed EXPLOSION on a Garchomp...just laugh it off. :)

Regigigas isn't UU at all, he's BL btw. His defensive properties allow him to perform a lot better in UU, and he still has a respectable special attack stat.

Not to mention if you run parafusion its not that hard to stall since on average you should only get in like 2 attacks or 1 if you make a switch. One thing I learnt in my time is if you can't stall normally than manipulate luck, it can screw people over completely because its non-predictable.

And Sand Veil fucked me again. I missed Ice Beam, then Roar against his Subbing Garchomp. ARGH. Then in the next match, I missed EXPLOSION on a Garchomp
Like I said before. Sand Veil on Garchomp = Overkill.

This is why I never leave home without one weather pokemon nowadays. I even ran Thunderdance on a mono-Ghost team once, turned out quite fun.

I think I might pull for some rain dance support, seeing as theres that constant sand veil always going on. Rain dance for my Toxicroak(I always try to get Dry Skin on them), and maybe something with thunder.

Good Rain Dance support is easy enough and a valid choice for Toxicroak who recovers more than from Leftovers with it.

All-rounders, Poliwrath and Politoed are both incredibly bulky and immune to water making them ideal Rain Dance setups as they don't risk your opponent taking advantage of it.

Poliwrath especially since Tyrannitar gets raped two ways to sunday by it and if you go with a mixed version even Hippowdon won't like STAB Hydro Pump's breathing down on it. Politoed is a fine semi-special tank capable of Counter as well.

Problem with Wrath will be that being also fighting type you gain an extra flying/psychic weakness but its very powerful in its own right and is an actual direct counter to the two big Sandstreamers. But hey you might like having a Frog duo.

Lapras is a fine RD setup too being able to even Thunderdance/STAB Ice Beam and Surf to boot. Same goes for Lanturn. But one has Stone Edge weakness while the other has a major Ground weakness and very low defense.

Offensive Rain Dance support comes easy in the form of Kabutops and Omastar. Both pack Swift Swim and are lethal physical/special sweepers respectively. Omastar in actual fact has the most powerful non-00ber water attack in the entire game. However they both have that nasty rock typing making them weak to a crapload of stuff.

For more defensive stuff. Gastrodon, Blastoise and Quagsire both setup Rain Dance quite well but problem is it doesn't benefit themselves that much. Although Blastoise is one of the most incredible special and physical tanks in UU. Mantine is an incredible special wall as long its kept away from Electric attacks and Rain Dance makes up for its average special attack shortcomings and can Water Absorb or Swift Swim.

If you want to extend your search to BL's. Kingdra also falls into the offensive category but without adding any weakness. Ludicolo is one of the biggest Rain Dance abusers out there falling into both offensive and defensive.

Theres also non-convetional Rain Dance users out there.
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/raindance.shtml

A few more non-conventional decent ones that I can point out are Mr.Mime who learns just about every support move in the game and Thunderdance. Qwilfish who can Dance, Spike and suicide with Explosion/Destiny Bond. Rotom who has all the tricks of a Ghost plus STAB Thunder but without opening you up to Ground weakness.

EDIT:
Reason I haven't taken Hail into account is because just about anyone who can setup Rain Dance doesn't mind Ice moves to begin with. Plus Toxicroak is a pretty decent Abomasnow counter anyway.

Don't forget a few things!

-Dewgong gets free chestorests.
-People weak to fire LOVE rain dance on your team. In OU, that's Skarms, Forry, Scizor, and ~Bronzong. In UU, that's quite a few others (bugs all over the place). Include them on your team and/or prepare to fight them on opponent's teams.
-People with Swift Swim go fast, fast, fast. Definitely have one on your team as the revenge killer in the rain.
-@Wet Rock whoever is setting up the rain. More often than not your whole team will enjoy 2 more turns of rain instead of that dancers few turns of leftovers.
-Nothing wrong with simply strong people to throw off the opponent. Pinsir or Tauros do just as good in the rain as in the sun, the hail, and the sand. Don't be predictable with 6 water-types.

Maybe I just wasn't using him right, but I found Muk to be overrated in the special walling department ... I much prefer Probopass.

I didn't really use him as a special wall, although he does well as one I hear. I pretty much cursed until i was either maxed stats or almost dead and swept with shadow sneak, lol, the sad thing is that it worked most of the time.

If you are going for Rain, use Crawdaunt for sure. Choice Banded Waterfall off 372 attack, plus a 1.5x boost from rain will OHKO anything that isn't Meganium or Ludicolo :D

Maybe I just wasn't using him right, but I found Muk to be overrated in the special walling department ... I much prefer Probopass.
I'd say you weren't using him right since hes not a special wall.

Hes a tank, in fact plays similar to Snorlax in alot of respects.

Problem with Wrath will be that being also fighting type you gain an extra flying/psychic weakness but its very powerful in its own right and is an actual direct counter to the two big Sandstreamers. But hey you might like having a Frog duo.
Ill have Rotom there to take care of both of those types with stabs. And ya, double frogs appeals to me alot!

If you are going for Rain, use Crawdaunt for sure. Choice Banded Waterfall off 372 attack, plus a 1.5x boost from rain will OHKO anything that isn't Meganium or Ludicolo :D
Kingler has the highest base if you're just going for Waterfall damage.

Kabutops has slightly lower base but better speed and swift swim.
Feraligatr can DD, Azumarill is of course no slouch either.
Sharpedo has the same base and is much faster with the same type.
Floatzel is like a weaker, faster Sharpedo. Actually it's the fastest thing in the game with rain dance active.

Not gonna mention G'dos.

Lee

@ Thick Club
Feraligatr, Floatzel, G'dos.
To be fair, this is a discussion about UU Pokes. But I'd choose Sharpedo over Crawdaunt anyway. Same Attack, better special attack and better speed...not to mention access to Earthquake. They're both frail as fuck and neither are gonna take hits.

As for Muk...I think I did mention him as a special wall earlier, but it's debatable as to whether or not anything can be a wall without a reliable recovery move. Muk certainly tries though and with 105 HP, 100 Sp Def and only two weaknesses, Muk can certainly take some special attacks. But against ridiculously powerful special attackers like PZ and Azelf, you're better off going on the offensive. Shadow Sneak picks Azelf off quickly and PZ eats a Focus Punch.

I was just listing the people who use Waterfall well, regardless of tier.
We're all mostly able to pull UUs out on our own.

Kangaskhan is probably your best UU special tank/killer actually. Same HP as muk and slightly lower Sp.Def.
Sucker Punch simply ruins the psychics' and the ghosts' day and is worth it's weight in gold. Focus Punch and Return pack a lot of punch against the rest (don't worry about Returning a Gengar) and unlike Muk, it has decent speed.

Lee

@ Thick Club
slightly lower Sp.Def.
You're kidding right? You can't compare 80 base to 100 base so easily. Does Breloom have "slightly lower defence" than Meganium?

And honestly, Sucker Punch is overated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)