The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Joe Cool never threw a pick in a Super Bowl, let alone a pick-6.

falcons literally worse than the browns right now ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I will never forgive the Falcons for doing this to everyone. We'll never hear the end of this.
They let EVERYBODY down. Got lazy after the half.

I'll give props to White doin good and that Edelman catch was top 10 easily, but fuck NE dude.

Let's just say that OT coin was loaded or Gaga's performance was a distraction while Belichick swapped Shanahan's playbook or somethin.

As a Michigan fan and as someone who favored the Falcons in this super bowl, I'm getting too familiarized with these twenty point choke jobs.

Well fuck.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That win was insane. The falcons had it but blew it. Not as crazy as spuds mackenzie making his comeback though!!

There were people laughing at Tom Brady at halftime

There are people that didn't think he was the best QB in the NFL this year

there are still people that don't think hes the greatest athlete of all time

there were people that thought deflategate was a real thing

all those people just got buried by a god among men

Because everyone fkn knew he was gonna drive the ball down the field and win the game

GOAT

I congratulate the WWE writers that the NFL clearly hired for making this an entertaining shitshow.

Seriously, this was either as rigged as old World Series games were, or Dan Quinn is the biggest retard I have ever seen in sports.

best game ever.

im not a pats fan, falcons winning would be cool... but what a fucking game.

nah atlanta... you cant just walk into the game for the first time in who knows how long.. and win. it's a struggle.

pats looked lost.. had nothing the first half.. had no weapons, no motivation, no momentum..

they swung that shit in the second half, things started clicking, the secondary started to open up, and it looked like a well oiled machine.

that Edelman catch, when that happened, I knew it was over. That's a signature Super Bowl winning catch right there. NYG esque.

incredible.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Even if you think Brady's the best player/competitor, which is still and always will be arguable in football alone (unless he wins like three more or some ungodly shit) let alone sports as a whole, he certainly isn't much of an athlete.

still when you're winning as hard as the falcons were, losing at that point is nothing but an unfathomably huge chokejob and has little to do with the opponent stepping up

ugh the announcers slruping brady's dick when they were down 20+ was bad enough, now we have to hear it for literally the remainder of human existence

Yeah, they did ride him hard.

Did you guys know that the Falcons team was young? Just pointing that out in case you didn't hear it one of the million times they said it when they weren't throating Brady.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As impressive as the comeback is and congratulations to the Patrios for winning, pats fans are deluded if you think that win was possible by any means other than the Falcons failing to capitalize on no less than three opportunities to end the game. If Ryan keeps his head up and tucks the ball instead of getting tackle-fumbled this game is over at 28-10.

Most Atlanta Super Bowl ever

At least now we've clinched the title of most miserable sports city, bar none.

Grats to the Pats, as much as the Falcons should have won it (and I'll probably gripe about some of the dumb things they did eventually) you can't possibly say that they didn't play well enough to deserve the victory.

Honestly still feel like the season was a success, no one could have expected us to be here and we have the most promising 3 year window of any team in the leagu. This one will sting for a while tho

The Patriots won this superbowl without gronk

the patriots didn't lose a game this season without gronk

rename every trophy after Brady and Belichick

he certainly isn't much of an athlete.
Tom Brady got hit 20 fucking times tonight by 300 pound men and got back up every time.

Spare me with your not much of an athlete bullshit

For the people that have dared to question Brady's integrity during these 18 months:

As hes getting railroaded and taking shots (lies) from the national and fans around the NFL, while his mother is battling cancer he never once retaliated or badmouthed anyone during the entire process despite every media outlet trying to goad him into it.

Hes a great person

Re-evaluate the way you look at things and people and just give respect where its do.

sry for ranting/feeling sappy I just feel like im in an alternate reality right now.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Tom Brady is and will continue to be a smug asshole that nobody but Pats fans and deluded narcissists like (because they're just like him). That doesn't mean I don't respect him as a competitor, or that Deflategate wasn't the dumbest fucking shit (even though Brady's as guilty as OJ, Goodell overstepped his boundaries and the incident didn't even affect the outcome of the game in question because it was discovered and fixed when it happened anyway).

As impressive as the comeback is and congratulations to the Patrios for winning, pats fans are deluded if you think that win was possible by any means other than the Falcons failing to capitalize on no less than three opportunities to end the game. If Ryan keeps his head up and tucks the ball instead of getting tackle-fumbled this game is over at 28-10.
Just the end of the game:

Falcons return a second consecutive kickoff to the fucking 12-yard line. Why are they even taking it out of the endzone? I mean the first one Gostkowski hung well, although you could theoretically not field the kick out of the air and let it bounce into the endzone, but that's less true of the second kickoff and the returner flat-out ran OB like a dipshit. What the fuck, Atlanta special teams? Still up eight points with six minutes left and the ball, though. Cause: 100% Falcons sucking

Freeman immediately gains 30 yards on a generic dumpoff to the flat where apparently the nearest Patriots defender had to run out of the locker room to make the tackle. Cause: 100% Patriots sucking

Ratt Myan hurries the offense up and the Falcons fucking snap it with 15 seconds left on the playclock? Did you fucking flunk out of Clock Management 101 in college? Or maybe you graduated magna cum laude from the Andy Reid School of CM. Cause: 100% Falcons sucking

Falcons on the Pats' 20-yard line. Three minutes left. Up by 8. HEY GUYS, I THINK WE SHOULD CALL A PASSING PLAY! Bad sack taken, though still better than throwing it away and stopping the clock contrary to what Aikman/Buck say. They're still in long FG range and Bryant is a good kicker. Cause: 100% Falcons sucking

WHOOPS PUT A CHOKEHOLD ON THE DEFENDER TO PULL OUT OF FG RANGE ENTIRELY! And not offset by the facemask noncall against the Pats. Cause: 50% Falcons sucking, 50% Refs fellating Pats

Falcons continue to get shredded by 10-yard drag routes all the way to the point of Pats tying the game. Oh, and that fucking Edelman catch. Cause: 60% luck, 20% Pats skill, 20% concentrated power of the Falcons sucking harder than a black hole. This is the only point where Pats deserve any credit for executing.

Pats win the coin toss: 100% luck. Pats get bailed out by NFL's shitty overtime rules and a ticky-tack DPI at the fucking goalline: 90% Refs, 10% lolrules.

TL;DR Patriots played to their outs, good on them, but the outcome was almost entirely a product of the Falcons straight up pulling the biggest choke job in possibly sports history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)