Smogon Premier League VIII - Commencemeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
General SPL Rules & Regulations
Description of General Manager (close)
The General Manager of a team is essentially the boss of a team. The GM is the final word in all decisions (barring the host) regarding his team. The GM decides which players play on the team, who plays in what position, and even handles the team finances. Managers also make sure that the team keeps running on a day to day basis. If a team fails to complete their matches by the end of the allotted time, the onus is on the manager to inform the host as to what happened in order to make sure that proper activity calls are made.

Because of these responsibilities, The General Manager is probably the most important part of the team. As such, the position of GM is not one to be taken lightly.

• General Managers are not eligible to play in the Smogon Premier League. You can either play or manage, not both.
• General Managers are chosen largely on a subjective opinion of the host as well as Tournament Directors as to who they believe would be fit for the position. Being fit for the position includes the knowledge of excellent battlers in the community (for fielding a competent team), having above average activity on the forums, IRC, Pokémon Showdown and/or Discord (in order to ensure that you don’t abandon your team), as well as possessing a necessary amount of “gravitas” (If you can’t make a player do what you tell them to, such as play an undesirable metagame, you’re not going to make a good manager).

General Managers are required to acquire one Assistant Manager. The General Manager gets full sovereignty in choosing his assistant manager. The assistant manager is essentially the second in command for the team. He/she has all of the functions and roles as the General Manager does, the GM just trumps him in head-to-head decisions.

Lastly, the General Manager has the following duties:

• He/she shall choose one Assistant Manager.
• He/she shall make the host aware of any player retentions before the auction starts.
• He/she shall be present at the live auction, or appoint someone (preferably the Assistant Manager or a retained player if the AM is unavailable) to participate in the live auction in their stead.
• He/she shall send the host weekly rosters.
• He/she shall ensure to the best of his/her abilities that his/her battlers complete their matches on time.
• In the event that a match fails to be completed, he/she shall inform the host as to why the match failed to be completed, and what his/her battler did in order to finish the match.
• He/she shall communicate any grievances with the host.
He/she shall oversee all trades the team makes.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
On Valentine's behalf I was obversing njnp during the first weeks of SPL. And know I feel like it's my duty to publish some of njnp's quote in order to show the public what kind of human being he really is. Have fun:

“Then Valentine started his philosopher thing. I was barely listening. Why would I? It was advanced bullshit about blood, sweat and tears, that kind of stuff.”

"Valentine was staring at me and I lost it. I thought 'there is my enemy, scratching his bald head!'. I yelled to him: 'You have no balls!' and probably worse things than that."

"When you draft me, you are drafting a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari, you put premium petrol in the tank, you hit the motorway and you step on the gas. Valentine filled up with diesel and took a spin in the countryside. He should have drafted a Fiat."

"ben gay is a big star ... he's cool. The first time he met my wife he whispered to her: 'Helena you have only one mission. Feed njnp, let him sleep, keep him happy' The guy says what he wants. I like him."

“ben gay is Valentine’s opposite. If ben gay brightens up the room, Valentine pulls down the curtains and I guessed that Valentine now tried to measure himself with him.”

"I'd die for ben gay, but Valentine is a spineless coward"

“At the Cryonicles, players were benched from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous – it was no one’s business what car I drive – so in week 4, before the match against Falcons, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene.”

"SPL without me isn't worth watching."

“M Dragon asked me to have a trial with Sharks in 2016. I turned it down. Njnp doesn’t do auditions.”

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
With the exception of the second to last quote I think those quotes are great. :|

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is this where I post valentine logs for free likes? Hikari the best supplier
(12:57) Valentine: hikari
(12:57) Anna: hi
(12:58) Valentine: can you do a name change for me
(12:58) Valentine: and do you have a picture of hannah
(12:58) Anna: depends
(12:58) Anna: and yes
(12:58) Valentine: may i see it
(12:58) Valentine: and
(12:58) Anna: no
(12:58) Valentine: ok cool
(12:58) Valentine: and
(12:58) Valentine: my friend signed up using his IRL name fsr
(12:58) Valentine: and would like it changed to his smogonusername
(12:59) Anna: who
(12:59) Valentine: his forum name is Tim Morrison rn
(12:59) Valentine: i'd like it changed to fingerscrossed
(12:59) Valentine: who else might have a picture of hannah
(12:59) Anna: hannah might have
(12:59) Anna: pictures of hannah
(13:00) Valentine: i dont know her at all, she wouldnt pass em
(13:00) Valentine: ive seen her asian ass before, just one of the rare occasions i forgot to ave
(13:00) Valentine: *save
(13:01) Anna: sucks
(13:03) Valentine: why you gotta be hostile towards a fren
(13:03) Valentine: my feelings
(13:03) Anna: why do you want
(13:03) Anna: her pics
(13:03) Valentine: poke girls are best girls
(13:04) Anna: why
(13:07) Valentine: maybe it's the rarity, maybe it's the fact they play the same game i do, not sure, that's a good question though
(13:07) Anna: so your plan is to
(13:07) Anna: hit on Hannah
(13:07) Anna: or what
(13:07) Valentine: hell no
(13:07) Anna: what do you want then
(13:07) Valentine: have her picture
(13:07) Valentine: in the least creepy way possible
(13:07) Anna: why not just jerk off to Fishy's camshows
(13:07) Valentine: gross.
(13:08) Valentine: i don't even want it to jerk off to.
(13:08) Valentine: only excellent hentai gets me off anyways.
(13:08) Valentine: i just want it to have.
(13:09) Anna: do you want it
(13:09) Anna: in your collection
(13:09) Valentine: hahahahah yeah
(13:09) Valentine: usually i'd offer a trade but you probably have everyone
(13:09) Valentine: :]
(13:10) Anna: :]
(13:10) Valentine: fine, don't be a respectable business man

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Two years ago, Valentine was rejected from West and East. He then tried out for Central. We were considering him, but then this happened

<Valentine> dude
<Finchinator> hi
<Valentine> Valentine: isn’t it possible to input all your subs
<Valentine> [10:20pm] Valentine: round 1
<Valentine> [10:20pm] Valentine: and then sub them all out for favorable brackets
<Valentine> ?________?
<Valentine> you guys should do that shit
<Valentine> just to stir it up
<Valentine> anyways im not on west or east and im p sure central is full now so
<Valentine> have a good season dude
<Finchinator> idk if central is full
<Valentine> AND MY POCL TEAM WAS STOLEN WTF ugh
<Finchinator> ik we're close to it
<Finchinator> but zeb knows the details
<Valentine> he no respondo
<Valentine> i cp’d that from a pm i sent to him
<Valentine> couple mins ago
<Finchinator> been idle for 17 mins ago
<Valentine> w/e
<Finchinator> for 17 mins*
<Valentine> ima go roll a spliff
<Valentine> get frosty
<Finchinator> ok
<Valentine> then masturbate to lesbian incest hentai
<Valentine> nahimsayin
<Valentine> ?________?
<Valentine> have a good life finch
<Valentine> you’re a good kid sorry i was an asshole
<Valentine> like 4 year ago
<Valentine> whenever it was
<Finchinator> lol dw about it i was a shitter myself
<Valentine> just a sheep following the crowd back then man
<Valentine> have a good season. ill central if zeb puts me on the roster but im done trying out and shit.
<Valentine> trying out for east just for them so say ‘lol you came too late we were full the whole time;
<Valentine> was the gayest waste of time
<Valentine> when u grow up and have a job
<Valentine> school
<Valentine> friends coworkers roommates
<Valentine> time is so important
<Valentine> omg
<Valentine> bye
<Finchinator> pce
* Valentine has quit (Quit: Valentine)

Two years ago, Valentine was rejected from West and East. He then tried out for Central. We were considering him, but then this happened

<Valentine> dude
<Finchinator> hi
<Valentine> Valentine: isn’t it possible to input all your subs
<Valentine> [10:20pm] Valentine: round 1
<Valentine> [10:20pm] Valentine: and then sub them all out for favorable brackets
<Valentine> ?________?
<Valentine> you guys should do that shit
<Valentine> just to stir it up
<Valentine> anyways im not on west or east and im p sure central is full now so
<Valentine> have a good season dude
<Finchinator> idk if central is full
<Valentine> AND MY POCL TEAM WAS STOLEN WTF ugh
<Finchinator> ik we're close to it
<Finchinator> but zeb knows the details
<Valentine> he no respondo
<Valentine> i cp’d that from a pm i sent to him
<Valentine> couple mins ago
<Finchinator> been idle for 17 mins ago
<Valentine> w/e
<Finchinator> for 17 mins*
<Valentine> ima go roll a spliff
<Valentine> get frosty
<Finchinator> ok
<Valentine> then masturbate to lesbian incest hentai
<Valentine> nahimsayin
<Valentine> ?________?
<Valentine> have a good life finch
<Valentine> you’re a good kid sorry i was an asshole
<Valentine> like 4 year ago
<Valentine> whenever it was
<Finchinator> lol dw about it i was a shitter myself
<Valentine> just a sheep following the crowd back then man
<Valentine> have a good season. ill central if zeb puts me on the roster but im done trying out and shit.
<Valentine> trying out for east just for them so say ‘lol you came too late we were full the whole time;
<Valentine> was the gayest waste of time
<Valentine> when u grow up and have a job
<Valentine> school
<Valentine> friends coworkers roommates
<Valentine> time is so important
<Valentine> omg
<Valentine> bye
<Finchinator> pce
* Valentine has quit (Quit: Valentine)
Glad we asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)