Project Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Resuming Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
fireburn because every other team is stupidly weak to something
also why are u darkceus wtf do u wanna get 6-0d by luke and ho-oh (scarf zek is not a check)
fire blast waterceus can be good on that team
Without Darkceus evident weaknesses such as Lunala and Yveltal open up, opposing Darkceus also become bigger pains to deal with. I think this is to be expected when using a core like Dug / Zekrom / Scizor due to the lack of defensive niche the three have, but I think offensively the idea is pretty solid. I suppose you could change the arceus if you prefer those matchups though.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Fireburn is the winner! His team has been added to the archive

And for Week 2's pokemon...

Solgaleo! (any set is fine)

Remember, teambuilding expires Friday @ 8 AM. Good luck!

Last edited:

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Sunsteel Strike
-Flare Blitz
-Toxic
-Morning Sun

Arceus @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Judgment
-Refresh
-Calm Mind
-Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Precipice Blades
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Double Edge
-Facade
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Hex
-Draco Meteor
-Toxic
-Defog

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Honestly, no Pokemon has disappointed me as much as Solgaleo since 5th Gen OU Haxorus and 5th Gen Ubers Reshiram. Once hyped as the ultimate Xerneas check, it fell flat on its face thanks to the rise of Dark/Ghost and the continued omnipresence of Primal Groudon. It does, however, have the niche of completely and utterly crushing Fairy types without mercy. I felt that the best Pokemon to take advantage of this is Refresh CM Arceus-Dark, which sets up on most of the meta with impunity with Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy and co out of the way. It also tanks the plethora of Dark/Ghost STABs directed at Solgaleo and uses many of these Pokes as set-up fodder. With the team's core established, I did the most important step of any Ubers team: add a Primal Groudon and decide on its set later. Then I noticed that this core had trouble against strong physical attackers such as Mega Lucario, Ho-oh, and Blaziken and also has trouble applying pressure. So I added Mega Salamence to alleviate these issues, who doubles as a method for breaking past the pink blobs. Mence's checks are invalidated by Solgaleo+Darkceus, with Solgaleo obliterating Fairies and Darkceus using Lugia and Support Arceus forms for free CMs. To ensure Salamence can come and go as it pleases, I decided that Giratina-O would be my hazard remover of choice. It adds insurance against dangerous sweepers such as Ekiller and Offensive P-don, and uses Hex to abuse Solgaleo's ability to spread Toxic to it's switch ins. At this point, Primal Groudon was given the Specially Defensive spread as I needed a Stealth Rock setter and Flare Blitz was chosen as Solgaleo's coverage move to break through Toxic immune Steels. Finally, I noticed that the team had no answer to opposing Arceus-Dark besides my own, and did not have fun trying to break through fatter dragons like Zygarde-Complete and Arceus-Dragon. So I opted to add Xerneas to the team. Originally I considered the Z-Geomancy variant, but as I had subpar, easily worn down Mega Mence answers in P-don and Gira-O, I needed something with more staying power that could switch in and out freely throughout the game. CM Xerneas has the physical bulk to take +1 Double Edge after Stealth Rock and KO it return, and gives me another win condition that can boost alongside Darkceus and Dragonceus. Overall this team covers the majority of the metagame and sports 3 win conditions with high sustain, although Ho-oh can be annoying to play around.

Last edited:

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
-Sunsteel Strike
-Flare Blitz
-Toxic
-Morning Sun

Arceus @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Judgment
-Refresh
-Calm Mind
-Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Precipice Blades
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Double Edge
-Facade
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Hex
-Draco Meteor
-Toxic
-Defog

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Moonblast
-Calm Mind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Honestly, no Pokemon has disappointed me as much as Solgaleo since 5th Gen OU Haxorus and 5th Gen Ubers Reshiram. Once hyped as the ultimate Xerneas check, it fell flat on its face thanks to the rise of Dark/Ghost and the continued omnipresence of Primal Groudon. It does, however, have the niche of completely and utterly crushing Fairy types without mercy. I felt that the best Pokemon to take advantage of this is Refresh CM Arceus-Dark, which sets up on most of the meta with impunity with Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy and co out of the way. It also tanks the plethora of Dark/Ghost STABs directed at Solgaleo and uses many of these Pokes as set-up fodder. With the team's core established, I did the most important step of any Ubers team: add a Primal Groudon and decide on its set later. Then I noticed that this core had trouble against strong physical attackers such as Mega Lucario, Ho-oh, and Blaziken and also has trouble applying pressure. So I added Mega Salamence to alleviate these issues, who doubles as a method for breaking past the pink blobs. Mence's checks are invalidated by Solgaleo+Darkceus, with Solgaleo obliterating Fairies and Darkceus using Lugia and Support Arceus forms for free CMs. To ensure Salamence can come and go as it pleases, I decided that Giratina-O would be my hazard remover of choice. It adds insurance against dangerous sweepers such as Ekiller and Offensive P-don, and uses Hex to abuse Solgaleo's ability to spread Toxic to it's switch ins. At this point, Primal Groudon was given the Specially Defensive spread as I needed a Stealth Rock setter and Flare Blitz was chosen as Solgaleo's coverage move to break through Toxic immune Steels. Finally, I noticed that the team had no answer to opposing Arceus-Dark besides my own, and did not have fun trying to break through fatter dragons like Zygarde-Complete and Arceus-Dragon. So I opted to add Xerneas to the team. Originally I considered the Z-Geomancy variant, but as I had subpar, easily worn down Mega Mence answers in P-don and Gira-O, I needed something with more staying power that could switch in and out freely throughout the game. CM Xerneas gives me another win condition that can boost alongside Darkceus and Dragonceus. Overall this team covers the majority of the metagame and sports 3 win conditions with high sustain, although Ho-oh can be annoying to play around.
Geomancy+3 attacks Xern>>>CM Xern. Thunder allows you to hit ho-oh, and you still keep offensive pressure due to the spatk investiment.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 240 Def / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Geomancy+3 attacks Xern>>>CM Xern. Thunder allows you to hit ho-oh, and you still keep offensive pressure due to the spatk investiment.
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 240 Def / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Sigh... I thought it was obvious but I guess I should've added it to the description. The whole point of choosing a max physical bulk investment Xerneas over the standard Geomancy variant is to deal with a boosted Mega Salamence who can easily take advantage of Solgaleo as setup bait.

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 438-516 (96.6 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 240 Def Xerneas: 346-408 (88 - 103.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 313-369 (68.7 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also has Rest to prevent itself from getting worn down having to repeatedly switch in on Double Edges.

Solgaleo Balance

Solgaleo / Buzzwole / Waterceus / Ho-oh / P-Groudon / Xerneas

Solgaleo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Rest

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

I reasoned that Solgaleo's niche is that he's a good check on Xern and Psyspam, so I used him alongside a core that has trouble with those things: Buzzwole + Waterceus. In turn, the core checks virtually every physical attacker.

I figured that if I was paying the Iron Price...errrm, the Defog Price anyways, I might as well use Ho-oh, which is a beast Pokemon with few switch-ins. I use HP Ice and Lonely because Ho-oh is fine with 3 moves, and this allows:

0 SpA Life Orb Ho-Oh Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 260-307 (40.8 - 48.2%)

The next step was to shove Primal Groudon on there, because he checks Primal Kyogre and sets up Stealth Rock, and is mandatory anyways. Rest lets me handle Waterceus if necessary.

Finally, I needed a self-reliant Scarfer who could Cleric in emergencies, and Xerneas was the only one who fit the bill.

That's about it!

Last edited:
I absolutely love bulky Xerneas, but having it as your primary (and only) Mega Mence check is extremely iffy since it can easily be chipped/worn down to the point where Mence just kills it or you're relying on favourable sleep rolls to not lose. Especially since you don't have solid priority or things to revenge it.
Might not be ideal, but he does have Mmence and Gira-O as soft checks to Mmence as well.

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion

Sticky Web + Z-Splash Solgaleo & Special Groudon

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Rock Tomb

Solgaleo @ Normalium Z
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Splash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Dragon Pulse
- Rock Polish

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Here is a Z-Splash Solgaleo squad!
Z-Splash allows Solgaleo to becomes a true monster, it's even capable to OHKO PDon and Waterceus.
But even if its attack can reach gigantic level, it's still pretty slow so I added shuckle for the web. Then I added a LO taunt yveltal which is a must-have in sticky web team as it pressure every defoggers, also it can taunt them as it will be faster than arceus with web. Next I added Special Groudon and Lucario, they are 2 huge and threatening sweepers, they both put a huge pressure on enemy team (which means your opponent can hardly defog). Last but not least: the arceus slot, at first it was a SD Ghostium Z Arceus but I feel like the team was too yveltal weak (one of the solgaleo use drawback) and I used CM Refresh Darkceus instead.
You really have to put permanent pressure and prevent your opponent to defog.

Here a replay (against a Ho-Oh/Celesteela balance) which shows how easily you can pressure enemy defogger.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-534341884

Last edited:

overdose

formerly charizardfan49
Solgaleo BO

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Oblivion Wing

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Toxic

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Happiness: 0
EVs: 208 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Aromatherapy

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 176 HP / 152 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Solgaleo @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
- Flame Charge
- Splash

This is the only Solgaleo team that I have and I actually enjoy using. I think scarf the scarf variant of Solgaleo is its best set but (the support set in my opinion is inferior to bronzong, ferrothorn, or celesteela in almost all cases). I find the splash set to be quite fun as you can bluff scarf on a bulky offense team like this. I started off with z splash Solgaleo and Groudon-Primal as the starting pokémon. Both of them reliably check Xerneas and together, I believed it allowed me the flexibility to run a choice specs yveltal set. After this, I realized I didn't have a proper Lucario check and decided support Arceus-Ground helped out in checking Groudon-Primal along with giving defog support and revenging Lucario which seemed to be a nuisance to this team thus far. Salamence-Mega was added as a pseudo check to SD Arceus formes. I opted for the facade set as it's a great switch in to Ho-oh and that was a threat to most of the team. For my final pokémon, I wanted a secondary dark resist as I think Yveltal as a sole dark resist is a recipe for trouble. Geomancy Xerneas also can act as a check to SD Arceus formes as it can tank a 2+ attack most of the time and hit back, while setting up on them when the aformented Arceus is at +0. Solgaleo benefits from the ability of Ho-oh being reliably checke, while also having ground immunity/resists. Not to mention it's ability to bluff a scarf proves handy in many cases.

Replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-527734565

Here's a game against hyw, a good battler in my opinion and also showcases the team. Although I end up losing in the end to a speed tie that shouldn't have happened if hurricane hit in the beginning, it showcases how Solgaleo can bluff a scarf and setup Z Splash when the opponent thinks it's a free rocks. The only misplay in this game is when I decided to EQ the Groudon-Primal turn 10 instead of flame run. This is because if I flam run and he stays in, Groudon-Primal can no longer check my 2+ Xerneas while if he switches I win at that point. Regardless, it shows how Solgaleo can be used to your advantage because of its assumed sets when playing it.

Anyways Enjoy

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
This is extremely similar to Level 56's team that he used in SPL week 2, with the exception of the fact he opted for Arceus-Water over Ground with makes him more secure vs Ho-oh and SD Arceus Ground(Tectonic Rage is still a massive pain though). The Salamence was also defensive Defog on his build. I think the build also requires Scarf solgaleo as you really need something to be able to chunk off the last 40% on ekiller, currently the game plan is hoping it doesn't have Ice Beam or that Pdon is at absolute max(very rare and also risky if they have a Xerneas in the back). It does help in that it brings an element of Speed to the team that currently is a little lacking. I do think that kind of build is probably the one team where I've seen Solgaleo pull its weight though.

E: Just to clarify, this is purely a comparison, I think the teams were made separately of each other.

Last edited:

WhiteLion

Banned deucer.

i got the keys. (Zygarde-Complete) @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Coil

HO CORNERSTONE (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Snatch
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

bleeding vag (Toxapex) (M) @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Haze

WOOOOOSHSHSH (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Toxic

GODZILLA (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

MUFASA BITCH (Solgaleo) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Morning Sun

Hello ubers folk! I have broughteth forth to you peasants the real lion king, cm solgaleo! did you think your idiotic cm darkceus could best my stall? it still can but that's irrelevant!!! anywho I decided to use cm solgaleo because "I finna wanted to run up on a nigga." - lil uzzy and he seemed like a real flexing nigga i added toxapex alongside cm solgaleo because he did two cool shits because he was a real ass looving vag like I never fucked something realer so he toxic spikes Ok so toxapex is my waifu irl and I get so hard I literally jizz toxic spikes when I use it and he is very strong with his DFences so then I added blissey because le fat blob fits on any ubers team! did anyone think their ho team can be improved? Add blissey and boom!!! LOL niggas tryna stunt with their mega mences but nahhh i eat eggs for breakfast not croissants I then added zygarde complete because I was looking a little a little weak to ekiller i coulda handled it anyway but just gotta be shore - dj khaled now zygarde really is the key to my success, he fucks up so much shizzzzz. - dj khaled did anyone think their pdon walled my solglaeo? it does but I have a zygarde!!! so ar this point i was like you know, I really can't lose to anybody but ill actually complete my team with something so I threw on godzilla and hoped he would get Elle Brody and fuck her himself a couple days after this encounter, I discovered ttar had kidney stones :(! but I stealthily set them up on my opponent's side because I'm a FUCKING sadist and enjoy watching rocks dig into my opponent it is especially nice when they die to my excellently placed stones because that has great synergy wit my final mon! my final mon is the second mvp second dargon wooooshshhhsh giratina a leader of the distortion world when yo ass gets killed dis nigga waiting for you E: so yeah, hoped you enjoyed this team! be sure to suck my cock wait i mean vote for me have a great fucking day E: i meant great fucking day as in have a great "fucking day" not have a great day with an emphasis --- just in case you minsunderstood • Whitelion (-.-┌∩┐)closes curtains fin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)